Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,566 members, 7,801,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1818835 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 12:34am On Nov 08, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

This is a first, I'm mildly intrigued.

At what University do the Pharmacy Students do cadaveric dissections?
Lol check out UNN UI and UNIBEN PharmD.

But B.Pharm you do general tedious anatomy lab that you get pinned cadavers, histology slides and co.

I just dey expect my anatomy Lab result like this.

I hope it's fine.

But other departments even Pharmacology do cadaveric dissections, and note it's a general course for all medical proffession nowadays.

I would even say Pharmacy do a lot of Physiology damn it. I wish they removed some for us. Motor systems etc. But Biochemistry we have one semester to squeeze all the Biochem knowledge damn that bro 3 units...

Life hard for Pharmacy school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 10:02am On Nov 08, 2021
Physiology department is usually seen as the easiest in the Basic Medical Sciences. This video helped me know what and what the examiners look for in a Physiology exam script while marking embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_buWpQfbLM

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2021
nurain150:

But B.Pharm you do general tedious anatomy lab that you get pinned cadavers, histology slides and co.

I hope it's fine.

But other departments even Pharmacology do cadaveric dissections, and note it's a general course for all medical proffession nowadays.

I would even say Pharmacy do a lot of Physiology damn it. I wish they removed some for us. Motor systems etc. But Biochemistry we have one semester to squeeze all the Biochem knowledge damn that bro 3 units...

He asked for your school and you're mentioning several schools.

UNIBEN Pharmacy students don't do dissections.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2021
Xandre:
He asked for your school and you're mentioning several schools.

UNIBEN Pharmacy students don't do dissections.
The university of First chocie and nation Pride.

Unilag.

CHECK WELL WITH RECENT PHARM.D.

Although I like Pharmacy Consultancy , you know why? A pharmacy is always with updated information.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2021
nurain150:

I hope it's fine.

But other departments even Pharmacology do cadaveric dissections, and note it's a general course for all medical profession nowadays.

I did not see the need to respond to your quote, still, I am compelled to.

You know one thing, your vaunting about doing Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry is an agenda being pushed by PSN and JOHESU and it is playing out before our very eyes, you only happen to be caught in the drama.

Some of your remarks above bears an overwhelming semblance to the same fallacious reason some professions allied to Medicine and Dentistry always make; "We did the same thing in school".

There are lots of things to write, however, I would dwell on the salient points.

The genesis of this furore began from entry level into civil service. Doctors (MBBS/BDS) entered on Level 12, Pharmacists entered on Level 10. They wanted parity, the relativity was not enough. The matter was dragged, back and forth. Still, NMA would not budge.

Even recently, they, the JOHESU advocated for the proscription of the title of Doctor for Physicians and Dental Surgeons, that did not see the light of day as well.

Then, JOHESU went back to the drawing board and decided it was the extra 1 year that made the difference and decided to switch from B.Pharm to Pharm.D, so they can effectively earn the same as Doctors and so they can be addressed as Doctors.

In essence, they added some inanities to the B.Pharm curriculum and passed it off as the Pharm.D.; things that are not crucial to your role as a Pharmacist.

Also, this was done, so they can tackle Doctors who they feel know it all and are unnecessarily pompous. Afterall, everyone is now "Doctor". All the while, hiding under the umbrella of clinical pharmacy and the Pharmacist's role in drug vigilance.

Quite recently, Faculties of Pharmacy began rotating their students in medical departments in their final year doing Physician based rounds and Pharmacist's based rounds. I think that's overshooting it.

If that was not nipped in the bud, soon Pharmacists would begin clamoring for rights to the theatre and soon enough a Pharmacist would one day wield a Scalpel.

Pharmacists should teach Pharmacists. Medical and Dental Consultants, Resident Doctors should teach Medical Students.

You don't find MBBS/BDS guys coming to learn about Pharmacognosy or Pharmaceutics. It's none of their business.

On another note, B.MLS guys have a ticking bomb on their hands, their problem had usually been the Pathologists, now Pharmacists are planning on heading labs and only God knows the kind of mayhem that would break lose.

The Pharm.D. degree is a wandering generality. (Apologies if you are a Pharm.D. candidate)

The B.Pharm which is being gradually phased out could have been a meaningful specific if it had not beeb all about bragging rights and emolument parity with MBBS/BDS as well as titles, all of which frankly sums up JOHESU.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2021
nurain150:

Unilag.

Although I like Pharmacy Consultancy , you know why? A pharmacy is always with updated information.
Pharmacy Consultancy is a managerial position in Nigeria and has nothing to do with skills.

As a Pharmacist rises in the civil service, at some point they become Directors and then Consultants.

Their appointments as consultants is not evident of knowledge or degrees acquired.

Essentially, someone with just B.Pharm./ Pharm.D. can eventually become a Consultant Pharmacist.

They get their promotions in 3 years intervals with or without additional degrees, training or certifications.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

I did not see the need to respond to your quote, still, I am compelled to.

You know one thing, your vaunting about doing Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry is an agenda being pushed by PSN and JOHESU and it is playing out before our very eyes, you only happen to be caught in the drama.

Some of your remarks above bears an overwhelming semblance to the same fallacious reason some professions allied to Medicine and Dentistry always make; "We did the same thing in school".

There are lots of things to write, however, I would dwell on the salient points.

The genesis of this furore began from entry level into civil service. Doctors (MBBS/BDS) entered on Level 12, Pharmacists entered on Level 10. They wanted parity, the relativity was not enough. The matter was dragged, back and forth. Still, NMA would not budge.

Even recently, they, the JOHESU advocated for the proscription of the title of Doctor for Physicians and Dental Surgeons, that did not see the light of day as well.

Then, JOHESU went back to the drawing board and decided it was the extra 1 year that made the difference and decided to switch from B.Pharm to Pharm.D, so they can effectively earn the same as Doctors and so they can be addressed as Doctors.

In essence, they added some inanities to the B.Pharm curriculum and passed it off as the Pharm.D.; things that are not crucial to your role as a Pharmacist.

Also, this was done, so they can tackle Doctors who they feel know it all and are unnecessarily pompous. Afterall, we are all Doctors. All the while, hiding under the umbrella of clinical pharmacy and the Pharmacist's role in drug vigilance.

Quite recently, Faculties of Pharmacy began rotating their students in medical departments in their final year doing Physician based rounds and Pharmacist's based rounds. I think that's overshooting it.

If that was not nipped in the bud, soon Pharmacists would begin clamoring for rights to the theatre and soon enough a Pharmacist would one day wield a Scalpel.

Pharmacists should teach Pharmacists. Medical and Dental Consultants, Resident Doctors should teach Medical Students.

You don't find MBBS/BDS guys coming to learn about Pharmacognosy or Pharmaceutics. It's none of their business.

On another note, B.MLS guys have a ticking bomb on their hands, their problem had usually been the Pathologists, now Pharmacists are planning on heading labs and only God knows the kind of mayhem that would break lose.

The Pharm.D. degree is a wandering generality. (Apologies if you are a Pharm.D. candidate)

The B.Pharm which is being gradually phased out could have been a meaningful specific if it had not being all about bragging rights, emolument parity with MBBS/BDS as well as titles.

All of which frankly sums up JOHESU.

If a well educated person like you could believe Bragging about titles is a thing yes. It's I can tell you that.

Doctor title was stolen from the acdemics by the physicians, so why can't others steal that as well.

Inaccordance to your rationale.

Lol how do you expect me to produce a drug without knowing the anatomy and physiology of the body.

Well it's quite clear of the envy and hates,

Please educate me on which university Pharmacy goes for Ward rounds in Nigeria ?

I'm just curious.

And to note those ssce holders you trained to be dispensing drug, that era is going to an end soon.

Don't worry by the time inhouse Dispensing is regulated by PCN.

We would see who wants to be a wanna be Pharmacist here.

Okay don't take it out on Pharm, they have even approved Consultancy cader for us.

And if it's was about title I guess you don't read publications, most Pharm D prefer the title Pharm, omo the joy knows no bounds.

Even Pharmacology do dissections so What on Earth are you talking about, dissection is like surgery 101.

Don't forget tell me the school Pharmacy now rotate clinics in Nigeria I want to know.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
FPCPharm NPAPharm soon we would start clamoring over PhD equality, Lol.

I guess the Faculty won't even allow it.

Only Pharmacy Lecture Clinical Pharmacy and all of them with PhD and journals all over.

Lol pick up a JAMB form for a pharmacy course, because they don't even do DE.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

Pharmacy Consultancy is a managerial position in Nigeria and has nothing to do with skills.

As a Pharmacist rises in the civil service, at some point they become Directors and then Consultants.

Their appointments as consultants is not evident of knowledge or degrees acquired.

Essentially, someone with just B.Pharm./ Pharm.D. can eventually become a Consultant Pharmacist.

They get their promotions in 3 years intervals with or without additional degrees, training or certifications.

But with consultancy benefits, I like it.

Look I'm just pulling your Legs, cause I don't want to expose your ignoramus.

Have you checked West Africa College of Pharmacy a 4 year Fellowship Program.

Soon it would get residency status.

Although me I don't like stress I don't want hospital pharmacy, Let me go be superintendent Pharmacy and earn 500K post 2 years or 3 NYSC. I like big salary.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2021
RuyiMedicDiary:
Physiology department is usually seen as the easiest in the Basic Medical Sciences. This video helped me know what and what the examiners look for in a Physiology exam script while marking embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_buWpQfbLM
Can you help out with Pharnac.

Those people are bad oo.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2021
nurain150:

If a well educated person like you could believe Bragging about titles is a thing yes. It's I can tell you that.

Doctor title was stolen from the acdemics by the physicians, so why can't others steal that as well.

Inaccordance to your rationale.

Lol how do you expect me to produce a drug without knowing the anatomy and physiology of the body.

Well it's quite clear of the envy and hates,

Please educate me on which university Pharmacy goes for Ward rounds in Nigeria ?

I'm just curious.

And to note those ssce holders you trained to be dispensing drug, that era is going to an end soon.

Don't worry by the time inhouse Dispensing is regulated by PCN.

We would see who wants to be a wanna be Pharmacist here.

Okay don't take it out on Pharm, they have even approved Consultancy cader for us.

And if it's was about title I guess you don't read publications, most Pharm D prefer the title Pharm, omo the joy knows no bounds.

Even Pharmacology do dissections so What on Earth are you talking about, dissection is like surgery 101.

Don't forget tell me the school Pharmacy now rotate clinics in Nigeria I want to know.
I don't have your time.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

I don't have your time.
Well in country like America the consultant has no business in teaching Pharmacy student.

The clinical Pharmacist is responsible for Rotations in Pharmacy Lead Ward rounds.

A good development tho. since the CMD himself directed that.

It's up to NUC and the VC to decide what goes or not.

But bro to be honest I hate rotation stress Pharmacy are already going through a Lot.

Lab rotation you still want to add clinical rotation,
I'm very thankful any stress of such is not added for us.

E jooh, Pharmacy student does 6 months rotation through siwes already even before you graduate.

But it's fine and stressful
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
nurain150:

Unilag.

They are asking you 'A' you're answering 'B'.

Are you sure you're in Pharmacy at all?

UniLag people will still come to rubbish all you've written.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2021
Xandre:
They are asking you 'A' you're answering 'B'.

Are you sure you're in Pharmacy at all?

UniLag people will still come to rubbish all you've written.
Lol one single Question in Pharmacy will if I ask.

So it would confirm am in Pharmacy.

And which A or B are you talking about explain more.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2021
nurain150:

What University are you at?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
Biochemistry has been a thorn in the flesh of many Preclinical students angry But this video helped me know what and what my examiners are looking for in my biochemistry script cry With this knowledge, I started studying with "sense" grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdKrz1O1FWQ

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
nurain150:

Can you help out with Pharnac.

Those people are bad oo.
sure thing soon smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 2:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

What University are you at?

Unilag
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
nurain150:

Bros, try and get into school first yuye.

UniLag Pharmacy students like other schools don't do Dissections and it's still the B.Pharm program they run.

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Howitzer: 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2021

Good evening fam.

Please I’m looking for anyone here who has done or is doing House Job in Alex Ekweme Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki.

Anyone?

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 11:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
Xandre:
Bros, try and get into school first yuye.

UniLag Pharmacy students like other schools don't do Dissections and it's still the B.Pharm program they run.
Yeah but your inability to read upward comment may have affected you when I said I study cadavers extensively but do not dissect them.

He his telling a Pharm student to get into school Lol .

You can do masters in medicinal chemistry sha., That's even if you have a degree.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 12:06am On Nov 09, 2021
nurain150:

Yeah but your inability to read upward comment may have affected you when I said I study cadavers extensively but do not dissect them.

You can do masters in medicinal chemistry sha., That's even if you have a degree.
You've done well for yourself my Dear, do have a lovely morning.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 12:51am On Nov 09, 2021
nurain150:

I hope it's fine.

Pls, go and create your pharmacy thread and stop disturbing our peace with pharmacy this, pharmacy that here. This is strictly for medical students.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drchindo: 1:20am On Nov 09, 2021
nurain150:

I hope it's fine.

Sorry in UNN pharmacy student don't do cadavers
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 3:01am On Nov 09, 2021
Drchindo:

Sorry in UNN pharmacy student don't do cadavers
A guy from UNN or UNIBEN.

Here in Unilag you do gross anatomy of cadavers, that's a cool thing

And the Steeplechase well that's a bad thing.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 3:02am On Nov 09, 2021
MrEgghead:
Pls, go and create your pharmacy thread and stop disturbing our peace with pharmacy this, pharmacy that here. This is strictly for medical students.
Lol College of Med what complete it.

Everyone is involved
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 8:24am On Nov 09, 2021
nurain150:

Savage grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 8:28am On Nov 09, 2021
Histology Practical STEEPLECHASE Exam has always been a problem to Medical students embarassed But this video has facts to help you hit 70% in histology steeplechase cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IM7ZLTH6Lc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2021
Gross anatomy steeplechase has always been my favorite steeplechase exam grin Watch this video for tips on how to crush a 70% in gross anatomy steeplechase exam cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fchXmR307ds

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:33am On Nov 10, 2021
nurain150:
FPCPharm NPAPharm soon we would start clamoring over PhD equality, Lol.

I guess the Faculty won't even allow it.

Only Pharmacy Lecture Clinical Pharmacy and all of them with PhD and journals all over.

Lol pick up a JAMB form for a pharmacy course, because they don't even do DE.

Lol

All courses are good. Don't start unnecessary beefing and comparison.

You like Pharmacy, fine. We, that like MBBS/BDS, fine

You don't have to tell him to take up a JAMB form just to pass across your comments.

Besides, he is not someone that needs such.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 9:00am On Nov 10, 2021
Physiology Practical Exam is one of the easiest in the Preclinicals cheesy Watch this video to do better cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xULYVCK6-Dk
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
Eben331:

Lol

All courses are good. Don't start unnecessary beefing and comparison.

You like Pharmacy, fine. We, that like MBBS/BDS, fine

You don't have to tell him to take up a JAMB form just to pass across your comments.

Besides, he is not someone that needs such.
That's true, the truth is that everyone is here for the money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.