Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1819643 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2022
militarydoctor:
Oga, I pay 1.5M in Bingham University, and it is very much accredited.
And is Bingham the only private in Nigeria? The initial post was looking for 500k University private university. Big head
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2022
yunqdady:

And is Bingham the only private in Nigeria? The initial post was looking for 500k University private university. Big head
You won't see any private medical school collecting anything less than 1.2 million for medicine and Surgery. Even some private schools collect for the basic medical sciences nothing less than 800k. You want medicine and you want a private school just ready your millions.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2022
Zeeknow3245:

You won't see any private medical school collecting anything less than 1.2 million for medicine and Surgery. Even some private schools collect for the basic medical sciences nothing less than 800k. You want medicine and you want a private school just ready your millions.
You quoted the wrong person.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 07, 2022
Adranido:
This man is a legend
Boss, i hail o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 07, 2022
Rursh:

Dr Hesjay that year, how you dey? Guess you're good?
I am very fine sir. Trust you are too?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 07, 2022
My bossss!!!!!!!

Longest time sir.
Omo, I can never forget you o. You were the first person who game me expose about medical school and all our discussions were relevant till the very end.

I remember the first was when I started 100level. You met me and my friend at Challenge. We stayed in your car and you spoke to us for almost 2 hours. He (my friend) later became CMDA president.

Then I came to meet you around airport when 200level started. Great times.
Boys dey try turn men now. That politics thing ehn, I just stubborn o. It didn't come without it's issues. You know how cohs is sir.

I am still in the country oooo... Just rounding off with housejob boss. I think I still have your number sir. Hope its available on WhatsApp
Lagusta:

Bro how far na, lol, I remember when you came down to where I was doing PP in Ilorin for some tips... Till when you outshined everyone not only with brains but with politics too...

I'm so proud to have met you bro.

I'm sure you're not in the country again grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by exynos(m): 2:33am On Aug 07, 2022
Donpre
Venmotors
ISISs
Are these guys still faring well? Best regards.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Usihyelda(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2022
jossyjoel16:
Yes sir, Unimaid is FULLY accredited for both Medicine and Dentistry.. I study here
Hi sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Usihyelda(m): 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2022
jossyjoel16:
Yes sir, Unimaid is FULLY accredited for both Medicine and Dentistry.. I study here
Can I study medicine with low drawing skills?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Usihyelda(m): 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2022
Is biochemistry more of biology or chemistry?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2022
DrHesjay:
My bossss!!!!!!!

Longest time sir.
Omo, I can never forget you o. You were the first person who game me expose about medical school and all our discussions were relevant till the very end.

I remember the first was when I started 100level. You met me and my friend at Challenge. We stayed in your car and you spoke to us for almost 2 hours. He (my friend) later became CMDA president.

Then I came to meet you around airport when 200level started. Great times.
Boys dey try turn men now. That politics thing ehn, I just stubborn o. It didn't come without it's issues. You know how cohs is sir.

I am still in the country oooo... Just rounding off with housejob boss. I think I still have your number sir. Hope its available on WhatsApp

Bro you just made me reminisce on those good times grin wow!

I'm so happy you guys are doing very well now, please JAAPAA when you have the opportunity of, the earlier the better. One mistake I don't want to regret or think too much about.

I have partially left clinical practice though, now work in a HMO.

Yes my WhatsApp number is still available.

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2022
Usihyelda:
Lol, drawing is the least of your problems, I can assure you.

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2022
Usihyelda:
Is biochemistry more of biology or chemistry?
It's in between, that's why it's called Bio-chemistry or the normal chemistry that occurs within living organisms.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Usihyelda(m): 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2022
horpeyemmi66:

Lol, drawing is the least of your problems, I can assure you.
Bad handwriting nko ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2022
horpeyemmi66:

It's in between, that's why it's called Bio-chemistry or the normal chemistry that occurs within living organisms.
boss horpeyemmi!! wink. How has dentistry been?

You hardly post messages here anymore. Lol.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2022
Leonardoshawn3:
boss horpeyemmi!! wink. How has dentistry been?

You hardly post messages here anymore. Lol.
I avoid nairaland in a way these days.

Here, I am usually compelled to read things about Nigeria, the numerous oddities and bad news that are now commonplace.

So for sanity's sake, I had to stagger my visit to NL.

I spend more time on Reddit and Quora now.

I hope you're doing great nonetheless?

Ps: ASUU also happened.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cocopopsss: 12:11am On Aug 08, 2022
Hey guys...You can call me Beulah (not my real name). I am a medical student and I am in need of pen pals to share experiences,tips,rant and discuss about medicine. You can send an email to me @thatgirlbeulah.
P.S; You should be a medical student.
Looking forward to meet my penpal(s)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 12:14am On Aug 08, 2022
For those interested, I mentioned 22 Websites that have helped me in Medical School so far. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz8a_lokA1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNTL5lOTYno

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cocopopsss: 12:17am On Aug 08, 2022
Cocopopsss:
Hey guys...You can call me Beulah (not my real name). I am a medical student and I am in need of pen pals to share experiences,tips,rant and discuss about medicine. You can send an email to me @thatgirlbeulah.
P.S; You should be a medical student.
Looking forward to meet my penpal(s)
*@thatgirlbeulah@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2022
RuyiMedicDiary:
For those Medics and Aspirants who got or are yet to get MBBS admission at the age of 25+, this advice is for you, based on my experience. Please share this with any non-traditional/unconventional, married or mature or direct entry medic/aspirant you know, especially those with a first degree. :

I

Try to shorten your videos.. 5mins per video is ok. And you need to work on both the audio and picture quality of your videos.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 11:15am On Aug 08, 2022
Miracood2:

Try to shorten your videos.. 5mins per video is ok. And you need to work on both the audio and picture quality of your videos.
Thanks cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drprestigious(m): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2022
Please a quick one, does RSU accept DE students with BSc degree coming for medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alexaonfleek: 11:38am On Aug 09, 2022
Usihyelda:
Yes dear,you can.
You don't need to be an artist to pass medical exams.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2022
SF123:
Brother for someone to apply, what is expected of such individual and the criterias too.

This might help you in making a good choice
Though ASUU strike does not affect Unimed

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2022
horpeyemmi66:

Dr, in as much as it is in between, which of it has the greatest occurence in the aspect; biology or chemistry?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 10:19am On Aug 10, 2022
SF123:
Dr, in as much as it is in between, which of it has the greatest occurence in the aspect; biology or chemistry?
It's Chemistry.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:50am On Aug 10, 2022
SF123:
See, it's the two although in most instances there's the bias towards the Chemistry part of it.

This is because Biochemistry/Biological Chemistry/Physiological Chemistry attempts to look at underlying mechanisms of conditions/illnesses/drug usage.

Biochemistry is like the foundation upon which Chemical Pathology builds.

Pick any illness, there's always a chemistry behind that illness.

In a number of instances when there's a condition such as a tumor, the organ affected by this condition releases enzymes into the blood stream that serves as a marker of some sort.

I hope this helps.

*ALT: Alanine transaminase

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2022
Eben331:

This might help you in making a good choice Though ASUU strike does not affect Unimed
All right, appreciated Doc.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2022
Ruggedfighter:
It's Chemistry.
Okay, i am grateful chief.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2022
horpeyemmi66:

See, it's the two although in most instances there's the bias towards the Chemistry part of it.

This is because Biochemistry/Biological Chemistry/Physiological Chemistry attempts to look at underlying mechanisms of conditions/illnesses/drug usage.

Biochemistry is like the foundation upon which Chemical Pathology builds.

Pick any illness, there's always a chemistry behind that illness.

In a number of instances when there's a condition such as a tumor, the organ affected by this condition releases enzymes into the blood stream that serves as a marker of some sort.

I hope this helps.

*ALT: Alanine transaminase
Yeah, i am grateful Doc.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2022
@ LEONADOSHAWN3
As a writer, can you put me through somethings for someone who has the instinct to write on how to write like a pro or how to become a successful writer in the society.

Send me your facebook username or add me via;
Kosisochukwu Nwazojie is my facebook user name.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 9:33am On Aug 12, 2022
Greetings the erudite members of this great forum.
Please Doctors in the house; can you recommend a good and pain aleviating drug for teeth decay that will relieve its pain permanently with immediate alacrity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.