Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy (11854 Views)

Blackwater Withdraws From Yemen After Heavy Defeat By Houthi Shiite Separatists / US Marines Drink Cobra Blood In Thailand / Us Marines Pissing On Dead Insurgents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:39am On Sep 16, 2012
SANAA: The Yemeni parliament on Saturday said it rejected the presence of US Marines in Sanaa to boost security at the American embassy against any further protests against a US-made film mocking Islam.

In a statement, parliament affirmed its “rejection of any form of foreign presence” in Yemen, saying it was up to the government to provide security for foreign embassies.

Pentagon spokesman George Little told reporters on Friday the United States has deployed a Marine anti-terrorism unit to Sanaa to help protect the American embassy in the face of angry demonstrations.

“This is partly as a response to events over the past two days at our embassy in Yemen but it’s also in part a precautionary measure,” he said.

“A FAST (Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team) platoon is now on the ground in Sanaa,” with a contingent of about 50 US Marines, Little said.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-1-132279-Yemen-rejects-US-Marines-at-embassy
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 16, 2012
smh.
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Callotti: 8:56am On Sep 16, 2012
I agree. Sending any form of para-military personnel to Yemen at times like these sends the wrong message. Let the US recall all their citizens from hot-spots. I can't even believe the US has an embassy in Yemen. . . . . . Of ALL places?shocked Umemployment must be like 20% in the USA. Kei!!!!
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by elimokhai(m): 9:26am On Sep 16, 2012
BelaMorena: smh.

you must be under 14.
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
elimokhai:

you must be under 14.

On the contrary i am probably older than you.

2 Likes

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by 190: 6:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
I hope dey recall GEJ along with d marines undecided

4 Likes

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by fittty(m): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
angry
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by wandeay: 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2012
they want to cause what they cant handle, US is watching oo!
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by garripack: 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
ALL THIS MUSLIIM THUGS SHUD B BOUNDLED BY THE USA MARINE AND SENT TO THE SEAS RUBBISH

Y CULD THE YEMEN NOT DISBAND THE RUBBISH DESMOSTRATIO0N AT THE EMBASSY IS IT TILL THEY ARE MURDERED LIKE THE LIBYANS US EMBASEDOR
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Aifey(m): 6:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
US like UK wants 2conqur d world wit their military assoult. Refusin 2Apologies 2d islamic nations. Only intersted in syrian oil n 2distabiliz iran. Creatin wars 2maket their wepons n sell their products. Imagin supplyin rebel weapons in syria.

1 Like

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by otokx(m): 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
Callotti: I agree. Sending any form of para-military personnel to Yemen at times like these sends the wrong message. Let the US recall all their citizens from hot-spots. I can't even believe the US has an embassy in Yemen. . . . . . Of ALL places?shocked Umemployment must be like 20% in the USA. Kei!!!!

like the unemployment sentence
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by passionate88: 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
They will provide security in the embassy, just like the egyptian authority did to the u.s embassy
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2012
I almost forgot such a country existed.

Oh well, there you go again with the US being all "protective" and Yemen feeling all "We've got it Covered, Jor"
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
The American embassy and the U.S marine should just leave all together, The arab world is getting heated really fast, The

American government should know when to stay in a particular country and when to flee from a particular country. It is

very obvious that the yemen government are not going to provide any security, and that they don't want their presence in

the country. If any American gets killed in yemen like in libya they shouldn't blame the yemeni government.
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by yeye4live(m): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
Aifey: US like UK wants 2conqur d world wit their military assoult. Refusin 2Apologies 2d islamic nations. Only intersted in syrian oil n 2distabiliz iran. Creatin wars 2maket their wepons n sell their products. Imagin supplyin rebel weapons in syria.
Wat re u even sayin s it a must u kill 2 demostrate,wat kind of religion s dat

1 Like

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by kutchs: 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
Aifey: US like UK wants 2conqur d world wit their military assoult. Refusin 2Apologies 2d islamic nations. Only intersted in syrian oil n 2distabiliz iran. Creatin wars 2maket their wepons n sell their products. Imagin supplyin rebel weapons in syria.
Apologize to the muslim world for what? Has the muslim world apologized to the US for 9/11? Why do u feel the US owes the muslim world an apology when it is obvious it knows nothing about the offending film?

15 Likes

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by chucky234(m): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
190: I hope dey recall GEJ along with d marines undecided
GEJ been go Yemen? Abeg yarn me scores make I know wetin dey cos my DSTV dey catch only Kano these days ooo
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by gbadexy(m): 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
I've never heard a more flimsy excuse by a government.
Obviously the parliament members are sponsors or sympathizers of terrorist groups.
America should sit up and be wary of that country.
Any clean person won't mind the americans boosting security within their embassy, its not as if the troops would be on the streets but rather around their embassy and while the move may be frowned upon in a normal situation, the present circumstance makes such move understandable.

1 Like

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by IleIfe2(m): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
Callotti: I agree. Sending any form of para-military personnel to Yemen at times like these sends the wrong message. Let the US recall all their citizens from hot-spots. I can't even believe the US has an embassy in Yemen. . . . . . Of ALL places?shocked Umemployment must be like 20% in the USA. Kei!!!!

them don use their head again. grin grin grin grin where was the parliament when the embassy was being attacked,looted and damaged. The whole world was shown the yemeni government can't or is not willing to protect US properties so they have to do it their selves. No one gives a fc*uk what message is sent. The world knows the message muslims get, violence. If they stab you, use a grenade on them. that's what muslims understand.

3 Likes

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2012
I like this.
It's about time all Islamic countries work together to tame USA's disrespect of religion.

Shameless Africa is too cowardly to do anything about the disrespect of their tradition, culture and identity.

4 Likes

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by jude33084(m): 6:38pm On Sep 16, 2012

ΆŋԂ Ɣ☺Ʊ think Ŧħåϯ you r current in foreign news! Is it the US govt Ŧħåϯ made τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ film? Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ guy is nt even ∂ full US citizen undecided
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by jude33084(m): 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
kutchs: Apologize to the muslim world for what? Has the muslim world apologized to the US for 9/11? Why do u feel the US owes the muslim world an apology when it is obvious it knows nothing about the offending film?

Ignor Ŧħåϯ guy, he knows not Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† H̲̅€ says grin

1 Like

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by IleIfe2(m): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I like this.
It's about time all Islamic countries work together to tame USA's disrespect of religion.

Shameless Africa is too cowardly to do anything about the disrespect of their tradition, culture and identity.

Africans go to court, and some of the artefact stolen have been returned and some cases are still in court. Africans did not start burning or attacking people because Sango or Sopona was disrespected by a white man. Even those African deities took care of gossipers, bad mouthing and disrespect them selves.

2 Likes

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
kutchs: Apologize to the muslim world for what? Has the muslim world apologized to the US for 9/11? Why do u feel the US owes the muslim world an apology when it is obvious it knows nothing about the offending film?

Did the Islamic world support 9/11? Did they agitate for 9/11?

9/11 was mostly political. . . .learn your history plz.

1 Like

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by emmatok(m): 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
FrontPageLawyer: SANAA: The Yemeni parliament on Saturday said it rejected the presence of US Marines in Sanaa to boost security at the American embassy against any further protests against a US-made film mocking Islam.

In a statement, parliament affirmed its “rejection of any form of foreign presence” in Yemen, saying it was up to the government to provide security for foreign embassies.

Pentagon spokesman George Little told reporters on Friday the United States has deployed a Marine anti-terrorism unit to Sanaa to help protect the American embassy in the face of angry demonstrations.

“ This is partly as a response to events over the past two days at our embassy in Yemen but it’s also in part a precautionary measure,” he said.

“A FAST (Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team) platoon is now on the ground in Sanaa,” with a contingent of about 50 US Marines, Little said.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-1-132279-Yemen-rejects-US-Marines-at-embassy

Yemen is failed country.
Let the US stay there.
All these fail states are the problem we are having.
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ile-Ife:

Africans go to court, and some of the artefact stolen have been returned and some cases are still in court. Africans did not start burning or attacking people because Sango or Sopona was disrespected by a white man. Even those African deities took care of gossipers, bad mouthing and disrespect them selves.

Does Africa collectively work together? You mean the corrupt goons working against each other to benefit their pockets?
Anywaz, I'm talking about the 21st slavery, not your sango toys.

Last time I checked, Muslim world did not start burning and attacking people. Do not confuse a few confused ediots for the Muslim world.

1 Like

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2012

I am not trying to defend the muslim world here, neither am I trying to defend america. But I think america does owe

the muslim/arab world an apology because of the amount of people that they have killed in the arab world. Do you know

how many people were killed at the 9/11 pentagon strike? Nearly 3,000 people. And almost every muslim feels the need to

apologize for that. Now do you know how many people died in the bombing of afghanistan? More than 15,000 people died,

and those are just conservative figures. About 50,000 bombs were dropped on innocent civilians: man, women, and children.

So if we are trying to talk about the world's biggest terrorists it's the white superpowers. Matter of fact they Owe

half of the world an apology!
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Leobreezy(m): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Did the Islamic world support 9/11? Did they agitate for 9/11?

9/11 was mostly political. . . .learn your history plz.
Did d US support the release of the video? Wasn't it a deranged guy that directed and released it? Did the US govt. fund the production of the movie? So why attack the US embassy for something they know nothing about? Be rational.

4 Likes

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by IleIfe2(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2012

I know your type. you will soon start bombarding us with the 800 years old crusader stories. Is iran not supplying weapons to militants all over the world Hezbollah etc. didn't Nigeria arrest one some months ago. Is Malaysia not supplying money to southern thailand islamic rebels?

2 Likes

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
Arabs are showing black Africans how to grow a pair...

We're the most cheated people, yet the most cowardly...

I'll write an article and post it on nl tonight about how Arab's struggle about their religion is interchangeable with black Africa's struggle with neo-colonisation, and show why black Africans are the most cowardly race of people on this planet... undecided

1 Like

Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by KayDee4: 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
[size=13pt] Okay, so can they just shut down the embassies and bring the diplomats back home. The Canadian government already shut down a couple of their embassies in hot spots. [/size]

[size=13pt] Nah, for this movie, they don't owe them an apology, the movie is not a federal project. You can blame it on the constitution and the 1st amendment that gave the psycho producer rights of freedom of expression. How much oil does Syria have ? A few drops of oil doesn't catch America's interest to the point of waging a war. [/size]
Re: Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
Leobreezy: Did d US support the release of the video? Wasn't it a deranged guy that directed and released it? Did the US govt. fund the production of the movie? So why attack the US embassy for something they know nothing about? Be rational.

I guess you're right about that. But we all know that the USA is in support of ridiculing anything she does not understand. i.e the Islamic world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ugandan Activist, Steven Kizza Drowns, Few Months To His Wedding / Israeli Linked Cargo Ship Hit By Drone Off India's Coast / UN Says Basic Services In Afghanistan Are Collapsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.