Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes (101701 Views)

22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / Various Ghanaian Dishes / Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by ujchief(m): 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:

is that somekind of tradion that apply to slicing of yam?
kind of, especialy if u dont want ur yams turning out biter after fryin
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88: Omg is this really moin moin?
[img]http://1.bp..com/_bNhyYPQNIBw/TJg8p-W32vI/AAAAAAAAC0o/Mco0NVIHuC4/s1600/DSCF1947.JPG[/img]

ayam goin to ofload again!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
kind of, especialy if u dont want ur yams turning out biter after fryin

i am having that for lunch tomorrow,i will see what u mean
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
This is so unfair.......now, I'm hungry!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by crackhouse(m): 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
This is the reason why Nigerians are afraid to die and always pray to live long.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by ujchief(m): 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
the flower is realy beautiful!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
crackhouse: This is the reason why Nigerians are afraid to die and always pray to live long.
you mean nigerians like food pass anything?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
the flower is realy beautiful!

Flower bawo? NL no go kill me sha grin

Loving and salivating at thread. Too late to enter kitchen nowbut I defo have a date with Apon and amala tomorrow. Might even post a pic for you bachelors.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2012
my dinner tomorrow

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2012
Plantain and peanuts

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
toluxa1: @berem. Are you really a gurl? Damn! You are too funny, am still on page 3 of the thread and your post don make me laff tire? Decided to check your profile and first thing I saw made me even laff harder!
of course am a gurl! Abeg no laff too much o! Takirieasy.make sure say gutter no near you.I can't fit shout.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88: Plantain and peanuts

dammit,should i have this one tomorrow or the fry yam??
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
[img]http://1.bp..com/_bNhyYPQNIBw/TJg8p-W32vI/AAAAAAAAC0o/Mco0NVIHuC4/s1600/DSCF1947.JPG[/img]
oh lawd! Make una no make me purge o! Ayam belefilled already. Damn! So this is moi moi? You go fear design nau! Dat flower is it edible?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone: dammit,should i have this one tomorrow or the fry yam??

Yam. I'm not a fan of plantain.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
Choi, this Ogugua wicked sha angry! Boli, I can handle but the Oyibo peanut tastes nothing like naija groundnut, abi na only me dey notice that one?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88:

Yam. I'm not a fan of plantain.
ok whatever u say, even though u want me to have otapiapia na one hand smiley
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
berem: oh lawd! Make una no make me purge o! Ayam belefilled already. Damn! So this is moi moi? You go fear design nau! Dat flower is it edible?

grin grin grin grin grin Yes the flower is edible. It's parsley.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
naijababe: Choi, this Ogugua wicked sha angry! Boli, I can handle but the Oyibo peanut tastes nothing like naija groundnut, abi na only me dey notice that one?

Lol. I was raised on oyibo peanuts so it's my preference lol. You know how we do for this side. Roasted and salty. Goes great with sweet garri ijebu and milk lol.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
after peelin the yam, dont lie it horizontaly on the table and slice it thru. Hold it up, like its standing, and cut it upwards-down. Not soo long like plaintain chips. That way, it wont be bitter after fryin, thats wat i mean. Thank me later.
wetin you dey yarn sef? All that taekwando skills all in the name of peeling yam? Yam wey bitter must bitter.abeg try other types of yam especially abuja yam.that one no bitter at all.no mind wetin ujchief dey misyarn!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88:

I was raised on oyibo peanuts so it's my preference lol. You know how we do for this side. Roasted and salty. Goes great with sweet garri ijebu and milk lol.

Nothing like Aboki groundnut especially when it's freshly fried, no added salt required. Eat with guguru, boli, garri, bread or on its on.......hmmmm...yummy.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
berem: wetin you dey yarn sef? All that taekwando skills all in the name of peeling yam? Yam wey bitter must bitter.abeg try other types of yam especially abuja yam.that one no bitter at all.no mind wetin ujchief dey misyarn!

and me dey mind am,i bin won try am tomorrow sef as person no sabi diff btw abuja and sokoto yam
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by sigmundfreud(m): 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
grin grin

Tell me how you fry yours first.

Maybe I'm using the wrong yam. It comes out very very bitter sad
Preferably the 'hairy' yam. Newyam usually bitter. Add water to soften and cook the yam while frying...fry to taste(dry crunchy or wet soft)
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2012
naijababe:

Nothing like Aboki groundnut especially when it's freshly fried, no added salt required. Eat with guguru, boli, garri, bread or on its on.......hmmmm...yummy.

u be real paki
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
gaddamnnn.....i'm this close to masxxxturbating to these dishes....Holy ghost fire fall on me! i rebuke the devil!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by sigmundfreud(m): 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:

u be real paki

Never said I wasn't darling grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
sigmundfreud:
Preferably the 'hairy' yam. Newyam usually bitter. Add water to soften and cook the yam while frying...fry to taste(dry crunchy or wet soft)

Thanks babe. It's prolly the "new yam" I'm using. Which one is hairy yam? Add water?

Is it because I'm not cooking before frying? embarassed
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2012
engineerd: gaddamnnn.....i'm this close to masxxxturbating to these dishes....Holy ghost fire fall on me! i rebuke the devil!
WTF,u wan release on moimoi??
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:
WTF,u wan release on moimoi??

Yes sir! its garnished with parsley too.....LOL
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
ENOUGH ABOUT THE MOI-MOI ALREADY!! HABA!! WE DON HEAR! NA WETIN SEF?!! angry angry
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
ItsModella:
You never jam yet. Do you fry old yams that are usually strong? That might be the problem. New yam is the best for frying...very tasty stuff.

Okay, someone else just told me not to use new yam, who is right na?

How do I tell the difference between old and new yam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.