Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

$1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off (18330 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / EFCC Operatives Arrest PDP Spokesperson Olisa Metuh Over N1.4b Fraud / How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

$1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by shakomende: 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2012
The $1.4 billion Lagos/Ibadan rail project has officially kicked off following the signing of the project’s contract by Nigeria’s Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar. The project which is partly financed by the Government of China through a $1 billion China EXIM Bank concessionary loan facility aims at increasing the level of economic development and trade between Lagos and Ibadan.

The project is expected to be completed within a 36 month time frame and deliver a high quality rail network that will enable passengers travel from Lagos to Ibadan in less than an hour.

The rail sustem which is expected to accomodate about 1,000 passengers a trip and is intended to be a low cost, convenient and safe mode of transportation for Nigerians in the Lagos and Ibadan environs.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2012/09/16/1-4-billion-lagosibadan-rail-project-kicks-off/

2 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
what took them so long?

1 Like

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by MrGlobe(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2012
what a waste of funds. I Railway from Lagos to Ibadan cave. how economic viable is it? I see China has some funds to throw away here and there in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by hercules07: 10:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:
what a waste of funds. I Railway from Lagos to Ibadan cave. how economic viable is it? I see China has some funds to throw away here and there in Nigeria

Would it have been better if it was between Enugu and onitsha? Jealousy will not kill you guys.

20 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by MrGlobe(m): 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2012
hercules07:

Would it have been better if it was between Enugu and onitsha? Jealousy will not kill you guys.
lol... jealousy at a project that will probably be completed in 2050. Bottom line is the project is not economically viable and thus a waste of funds
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Kobojunkie: 11:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
Lagos and Ibadan alone go cost this much? 1000 per trip? Sigh!!!

Fingers are crossed. . . . please no more 1970's locomotives . . . . for that mount, we ought to get high speed and nothing less especially since the distance from lagos to ibadan is about 200 miles. And the 2050 date is out of this world. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by omiobo: 11:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lol... jealousy at a project that will probably be completed in 2050. Bottom line is the project is not economically viable and thus a waste of funds

What technique did u use to appraise the project that makes you think it's not economically viable? I must say this is symptom of bad belle.

13 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by SkyBlue1: 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:

shakomende: The $1.4 billion Lagos/Ibadan rail project has officially kicked off following the signing of the project’s contract by Nigeria’s Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar. The project which is partly financed by the Government of China through a $1 billion China EXIM Bank concessionary loan facility aims at increasing the level of economic development and trade between Lagos and Ibadan.

The project is expected to be completed within a 36 month time frame and deliver a high quality rail network that will enable passengers travel from Lagos to Ibadan in less than an hour.

The rail sustem which is expected to accomodate about 1,000 passengers a trip and is intended to be a low cost, convenient and safe mode of transportation for Nigerians in the Lagos and Ibadan environs.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2012/09/16/1-4-billion-lagosibadan-rail-project-kicks-off/
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by seunfly: 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I don't think thare is any other route in west Africa that can be viable as Lagos route, if federal government can be thinking of expanding the route along agege-cms and state government is constructing about three light rail in ppp arangment, what will make the most busy road in Nigeria(Lagos/Ibadan road) not economical viable? I see pull them down syndrom in you

6 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by edoyad(m): 12:09am On Sep 17, 2012
seunfly:

I don't think thare is any other route in west Africa that can be viable as Lagos route
, if federal government can be thinking of expanding the route along agege-cms and state government is constructing about three light rail in ppp arangment, what will make the most busy road in Nigeria(Lagos/Ibadan road) not economical viable? I see pull them down syndrom in you

I'd say even Africa, imagine the amount of people that could leave in Ibd and work in Lag.

16 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by ektbear: 2:09am On Sep 17, 2012
swaag
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 17, 2012
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by fstranger: 5:56am On Sep 17, 2012
Swag?

What a person!

Only a poster who is more obtuse that Ileke-idi would call a $1.4 billion white elephant project "swag."

### Re/tard!
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by EkoAtlantic: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Monkey

3 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Gbawe: 7:20am On Sep 17, 2012
Kobojunkie: Lagos and Ibadan alone go cost this much? 1000 per trip? Sigh!!!

Fingers are crossed. . . . please no more 1970's locomotives . . . . for that mount, we ought to get high speed and nothing less especially since the distance from lagos to ibadan is about 200 miles. And the 2050 date is out of this world. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Read the article for yourself and don't rely on the utterances of bigots. Completion time is 36 months.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Gbawe: 7:40am On Sep 17, 2012
omiobo:

What technique did u use to appraise the project that makes you think it's not economically viable? I must say this is symptom of bad belle.

The guy is simply blinded by hatred. Ibadan is the biggest City in West Africa and Lagos is the Nigerian centre of commerce. It is a no-brainer. Yet we can always expect bigots to talk out of their azz. Can folks not see his signature? I.e "Go to google search box, type 'Yoruba are' smh at the answers. BIAFRA 2015!!! #TeamNNEKA"

3 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by ektbear: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2012
the pain and angst this project seems to be causing some people makes it all the more sweet

7 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Ejine(m): 8:05am On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger: Swag?

What a person!

Only a poster who is more obtuse that Ileke-idi would call a $1.4 billion white elephant project "swag."

### Re/tard!

Shut the phuck up! angry
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by karlmax2: 8:07am On Sep 17, 2012
Hope the AC.N won't claim the project like they nomally do,and I hope they give the FG credit for this project

2 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by PaulJohn1: 8:51am On Sep 17, 2012
ekt_bear: the pain and angst this project seems to be causing some people makes it all the more sweet

Funny enough, most of the haters are living in the region they're hating on undecided

10 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Mavor: 8:51am On Sep 17, 2012
it would have been economically viable to link lagos to the east via cargo and pedestrian rail. Lagos to Ibadan for $1.4B You chop I chop.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by hustla(m): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2012
36months?? If dem wan now do from Lagos to Abuja nko? To think it'd convey 1000 people only? Attempts should be made to do railway ish within lagos so as to curtail the mainland to island and environ holdup and stress..

1thousand capacity train to and fro from the island to d mainaland and viceversa would go a long way.. I guess they r trying to do a sort of inter-city connection..

Kudos to them tho',I hope its not another attempt to siphon money..
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Mumu shut up your mouth. When you are ignorant abou t something, ask.

What this means is that the population of Lagos can now conveniently spill into Ibadan, figure the rest for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by DeGrace01(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2012
GoodLuck Nigeria!!! I trust u carry gooooooooooooooo
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by seunfly: 9:00am On Sep 17, 2012
Mavor: it would have been economically viable to link lagos to the east via cargo and pedestrian rail. Lagos to Ibadan for $1.4B You chop I chop.

well you make alot of sense, linking Lagos to porthacourt via the east with cargo and passanger train, also Lagos to kaduna-kano via Abuja on both cargo and parssanger also will help Nigeria alot. But i guess this is phase 1 and remainig phases will continue from Ibadan.

5 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by stepo707: 9:11am On Sep 17, 2012
blink182: Mumu shut up your mouth. When you are ignorant abou t something, ask.

What this means is that the population of Lagos can now conveniently spill into Ibadan, figure the rest for yourself.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 17, 2012
36 months=3 years. Let's wait till 2015.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chucky234(m): 9:13am On Sep 17, 2012
edoyad:

I'd say even Africa, imagine the amount of people that could leave in Ibd and work in Lag.
Work is not even enough for the 17 million people who lives in Lagos,guy stop dreaming of you and your family coming from Ibadan to work in Lagos because lag is filled already.

1 Like

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chucky234(m): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2012
blink182: Mumu shut up your mouth. When you are ignorant abou t something, ask.

Will you be willing to migrate from Lagos to Ibadan? I don't think myself or anyone I know will ever swap my Lagos for Ibadan,not for all the money in the world.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2012
I wish the Chinese Exim bank would loan Ibadan some cash to change the roof sheets of their houses. That way it can look like a city at least.

tongue

3 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 17, 2012
Cheap land still available for sale in Mowe, Simawa, it will increase over 100 percent when this project it completed for more information on how to get cheap land in mowe contact Adeniyi: 2348088574969, 2348182481552
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by hrhobi1(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2012
Lagos to Ibadan is about 45 minutes by road. So why the need for a train? is it to make the journey 15 minutes or what ? Why not Lagos to-Ogun-Ondo- Benin-Asaba- Onitsha- Enugu and to the north, which is economically viable to me. Just another waste of funds. IBADAN THAT OLD DIRTY CITY FULL OF RACISTS, IF YOU DON'T SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE YOU BE OUTCAST.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Government Is Complicit - Adegboruwa / Alleged Budget Padding: I Will Not Withdraw My Accusations'- Jibrin Tells Dogara / Governor Amosun Tells Aisha Alhassan To Resign For Working Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.