Stats: 3,150,063 members, 7,807,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

$1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off (18329 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / EFCC Operatives Arrest PDP Spokesperson Olisa Metuh Over N1.4b Fraud / How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by faithin9ja: 9:25am On Sep 17, 2012
Kobojunkie: Lagos and Ibadan alone go cost this much? 1000 per trip? Sigh!!!

Fingers are crossed. . . . please no more 1970's locomotives . . . . for that mount, we ought to get high speed and nothing less especially since the distance from lagos to ibadan is about 200 miles. And the 2050 date is out of this world. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

see how you guys peddle false infomation, distance between Ibadan (Dugbe Market) and Lagos (Marina) is 160 kilometres (100 miles) NOT 200 miles

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by billante(m): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2012
The catchment area of this project is not even ibadan! Its the stretch of developments and towns springing up along dat road from berger till sagamu interchange.
Anyday there is a church program at redeem camp that 1000 capacity will be completely insuffcient! I think there shouldn't be a cap on d carrying capacity of d project, because more coaches and engines can be added as demand grows...

Those that are saying that the route is not viable is just smoking some pipes. Na just trabalistic jealousy dat is worrying d person! Meanwhile am igbo.

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2012
is this gonna be a fast train or would it be stopping along the way? Hope it makes a stop in Ogun state.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 17, 2012
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by hambehsam(m): 9:31am On Sep 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lol... jealousy at a project that will probably be completed in 2050. Bottom line is the project is not economically viable and thus a waste of funds

How does 36 Months translate into 2050?
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by billante(m): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2012
Tusky44: I wish the Chinese Exim bank would loan Ibadan some cash to change the roof sheets of their houses. That way it can look like a city at least.

tongue

grin grin grin cheesy
Dude you funny! LMFAO

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by sheyguy: 9:42am On Sep 17, 2012
H$LBroker:
Cheap land still available for sale in Mowe, Simawa, it will increase over 100 percent when this project it completed for more information on how to get cheap land in mowe contact Adeniyi: 2348088574969, 2348182481552
pls tell them bro, once the lightrail project is complete plots of land in mowe will no longer be a hot cake oh! . . . Lol
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Labyboy(m): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2012
hrhobi1: Lagos to Ibadan is about 45 minutes by road. So why the need for a train? is it to make the journey 15 minutes or what ? Why not Lagos to-Ogun-Ondo- Benin-Asaba- Onitsha- Enugu and to the north, which is economically viable to me. Just another waste of funds. IBADAN THAT OLD DIRTY CITY FULL OF RACISTS, IF YOU DON'T SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE YOU BE OUTCAST.

The easiest way to link Lagos to the north via Railways is through Ibadan.. Then up to Ogbomosho.. And U̶̲̥̅̊ are as good as Ilorin..
And once U̶̲̥̅̊ are in Ilorin.. There is no stoppage to  up north.. So abeg think big and see the big picture.

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by solomon111(m): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2012
Now the acn bigots,would not see this.

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by seunfly: 9:48am On Sep 17, 2012
hrhobi1: Lagos to Ibadan is about 45 minutes by road. So why the need for a train? is it to make the journey 15 minutes or what ? Why not Lagos to-Ogun-Ondo- Benin-Asaba- Onitsha- Enugu and to the north, which is economically viable to me. Just another waste of funds. IBADAN THAT OLD DIRTY CITY FULL OF RACISTS, IF YOU DON'T SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE YOU BE OUTCAST.

IBADAN dirty? YES, Tribalistic? NO, number of igbo man from anambra, imo and enugu in ibadan is more than the same peaple find in abia and ebonyi put together. So who wellcome visitors more?
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by hardniola(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2012
there is no link with eastern niger only north north why?
those pipo are violent pipo there should be rail from lag to any eastern niger route
abeggggy
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 9:54am On Sep 17, 2012

It is a southwest project not an okoro project. If you don't like it, move in droves to your caves in the east? Why must we sustain you? Put infrastructures in place to benefit you monkey cousins? I think not. We only build for humans and not monkeys. sorry.

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by mrperfect(m): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2012
Let hope that this will completed on time and as planned.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chucky234(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2012
36 years a way too long a time for such a short distance,politicians and their strategies.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by tatosh: 10:02am On Sep 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:
what a waste of funds. I Railway from Lagos to Ibadan cave. how economic viable is it? I see China has some funds to throw away here and there in Nigeria
Who is this myopic individual? I'm sure you probably live in a village in Aba or onitsha. You have no idea how this will realy boost the economy of the southwest. The benefits and potential are so enormous; only if u knew
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by seunfly: 10:03am On Sep 17, 2012
Tusky44: I wish the Chinese Exim bank would loan Ibadan some cash to change the roof sheets of their houses. That way it can look like a city at least.

tongue

Infact the city need chinese loan, not for roof alone, but total urban renewal of the very old and not well organise city.

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 10:09am On Sep 17, 2012
chucky234: 36 years a way too long a time for such a short distance,politicians and their strategies.

I see that reading and comprehension is not your forte. How 36 months translates to 36 years in your head beats me. Who the heck doles out certificates in Nigeria, again? So many people shouldn't have graduated primarily school let alone secondary. Sheesh!
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 17, 2012
I am struggling to see the value of a rail system covering just Lagos to Ibadan when Ojota to Challenge is about an hour at 70miles/hr in a car. Unless they are procuring Bombay type locomotives, an hour is ridiculous when current generation of locomotives do around 125miles (in the UK). Is railway not meant to cut journey times and link as many towns/cities as possible ?
A more viable route would be Lagos - Sagamu - Ibadan - Saki/Ogbomosho - Ilorin/Offa, journey times from Lagos to Ilorin will be halved from about 4hrs by car to 2hrs by rail.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by abhosts(m): 10:10am On Sep 17, 2012
Modern Commercial Trains Travel at about 300km/h. That means a Trip from Ibadan to Lagos should take less than 30 minutes. Looks like a Strategy to decongest Lagos, since it would make it possible for people to live in Ibadan and Conveniently work in Lagos.

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by islamisfake: 10:11am On Sep 17, 2012
naijababe: I am struggling to see the value of a rail system covering just Lagos to Ibadan when Ojota to Challenge is about an hour at 70miles/hr in car. Unless they are procuring Bombay type locomotives, an hour is ridiculous when current generation of locomotives do around 125miles (in the UK). Is railway not meant to cut journey times and link as many towns/cities as possible.
A more viable route would Lagos - Sagamu - Ibadan - Saki/Ogbomosho - Ilorin/Offa, journey times from Lagos to Ilorin will be halved from about 4hrs by car to 2hrs by rail.

I would assume that this rail route will continue on past Ibadan. Just the first leg.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by mu2sa2: 10:11am On Sep 17, 2012
I see people commuting to work in lagos from Ibadan. D next phase should be Ibadan to Ilorin, then to Minna and beyond, simultaneously with d eastern corridor.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 10:12am On Sep 17, 2012
abhosts: Modern Commercial Trains Travel at about 300km/h. That means a Trip from Ibadan to Lagos should take less than 30 minutes. Looks like a Strategy to decongest Lagos, since it would make it possible for people to live in Ibadan and Conveniently work in Lagos.

A welcome strategy since Ibadan is large enough to accommodate far more people than small old Lagos.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by PaulJohn1: 10:13am On Sep 17, 2012

Damn, people can lie. Lagos to Ibadan 45 minutes?! shocked
Even if you are on 130KM/HR I doubt if it won't be more. It's not even possible to be constant on 130KM/HR on that road, on top that Ibadan mad traffic that four lane road turn to three lane fro and a lane to
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2012
mu2sa2: I see people commuting to work in lagos from Ibadan. D next phase should be Ibadan to Ilorin, then to Minna and beyond, simultaneously with d eastern corridor.

never!
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by ejidokun(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2012
Lets be positive d work wld b done coz its gona b viable 4 d economy of south west states. In that way,farm produce and industrial guds wld b easy 2 transport to and fro thru rail..lets give FG a chance nd rememba its nt d only rail project,i believe der is a framework for linking d rails 2 oda states. Its an elephant project dat cant b completd by dis tenure,lets jst hope der wld b continuity in govt policy..al i see is a gr8 country,der is no developn country dat has nt gone thru dis stages.its nt d day u were born,u start walking..jst rememba alwaz 2 pray 4 d country. Most of us dat criticize cant do beta if we get 2 dat seat..tanx

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2012
islam_is_fake:

I would assume that this rail route will continue on past Ibadan. Just the first leg.

I would assume that it would never go beyond the Yoruba states.

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by islamisfake: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

I would assume that it would never go beyond the Yoruba states.

There is money to be made in transporting goods both to and from other parts of the country. Anything for example in the north that they consume that is imported...why not use the rail to sell it to them?

Makes no sense to cut off your nose to spite your face..
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chino24: 10:18am On Sep 17, 2012
Gbawe:

The guy is simply blinded by hatred. Ibadan is the biggest City in West Africa and Lagos is the Nigerian centre of commerce. It is a no-brainer. Yet we can always expect bigots to talk out of their azz. Can folks not see his signature? I.e "Go to google search box, type 'Yoruba are' smh at the answers. BIAFRA 2015!!! #TeamNNEKA"

This is a waste by the visionless acn Yoruba party. This funds could have been channeled into mechanized and modern agriculture and other purposeful projects. Ibadam is quite rural and there nothing much happening their in terms of economic activities. Its just a 'big' town in terms of huge shanties and planlessness all over the place.

Ibadam biggest city in term of what, all these shanties you call house. Ok let up one picture, just one for to see what you call a city. grin grin

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by PaulJohn1: 10:19am On Sep 17, 2012
seunfly:

IBADAN dirty? YES, Tribalistic? NO, number of igbo man from anambra, imo and enugu in ibadan is more than the same peaple find in abia and ebonyi put together. So who wellcome visitors more?

Don't mind that dude. I even have a girl from Anambra staying in Ibadan and schooling in Lagos. Yeye people on NL, I still love my Eaterners(not those on NL) undecided
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by warrior01: 10:19am On Sep 17, 2012
chucky234: Will you be willing to migrate from Lagos to Ibadan? I don't think myself or anyone I know will ever swap my Lagos for Ibadan,not for all the money in the world.
how old are you?

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2012
islam_is_fake:

There is money to be made in transporting goods both to and from other parts of the country. Anything for example in the north that they consume that is imported...why not use the rail to sell it to them?

Makes no sense to cut off your nose to spite your face..

I am for the disintegration of Nigeria and not for its viability. The north is a lost course as far as i'm concerned so why waste good time trying to form economical relationship. All that it provides the west can easily be reproduced so its a futile effort in my opinion.

My concern is for Yorubaland and for Yorubas alone.

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by werepeLeri: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2012
People will criticize just about anything. Tell them they just won 1million Naira lottery- they will have every reason to criticize it. Damn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What If I Told You BUHARI Is Too Ill To Come Back.... / Wike: Rivers Will Continue To Be Home To Igbos / ₦322M Fraud: EFCC To Appeal Nwaoboshi’s Victory As Buhari Welcomes Him To APC