Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death (760 Views)

Samaila Inusa: Army Offers N1Million Reward For Information On Kidnapped Colonel / Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari / Fashola Offers Reward For Information On Aremu Gawat's Whereabouts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by White007(m): 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iranian newspapers are reporting that a religious foundation has increased a reward for killing British author Salman Rushdie to $3.3 million from $2.8 million in response to alleged insults to the Prophet Muhammad.
The Sunday reports in the hardline Jomhoori Eslami daily and other newspapers appeared to be a reference to an anti-Islam film that sparked a series of protests across the Muslim world.

The report said that the 15 Khordad Foundation will pay the prize to whoever acts on the 1989 death fatwa issued by Iran's late leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini against the author of the novel "The Satanic Verses," calling his book blasphemous.
The reward started at one million U.S. dollars and is occasionally increased.

http://news.yahoo.com/report-iran-adds-reward-rushdies-death-110326038.html
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by White007(m): 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
Did I just go back in time? Didn't he insult them by writing that book like 23 yrs ago?
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by Chongaiman: 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2012
In the name of Allah, the merciful, the beneficent....
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by IleIfe2(m): 9:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
Winston Churchill on Islam (from his book The River War, 1899):

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent
in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this
life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the
final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by tyson55(m): 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
White007: Did I just go back in time? Didn't he insult them by writing that book like 23 yrs ago?

We in the civilized world find it abusurd that here 20 odd years later that this group is still calling for the death of this man. The point is they never, never, never forget. A middleeastern person/Arab/muslims will harm or kill a person for a preceived insult 10, 20, or made a generation ago. They are a whole society of Hatfields and McCoys, and will never stop, as long as they have breath, they will seek vengence.
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by IleIfe2(m): 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2012
allah will be very proud. welldone my boys take 50 virgins.
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by jellyloveb(f): 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
No humane group of people would ever try to kill an author for writing about his beliefs. Muslims are vile...full of anger and hate.
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
Chongaiman: In the name of Allah, the merciful, the beneficent....
lol
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by jellyloveb(f): 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
Could you imagine your church announcing a reward for an assassination ?

Lets see... Mohammad says kill Rushdie and my followers will pay you 3.3 million dollars for the hit. Jesus says let the one without sin throw the first stone.
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by ektbear: 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
Why are you all acting surprised? You already know that Islam is a backwards, primitive religion.
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by asha80(m): 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
ekt_bear: Why are you all acting surprised? You already know that Islam is a backwards, primitive religion.
lipsrsealed
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by redsun(m): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
How is islam different form ancient religions like that of the aztec,th incas and co,that uses human sacrifices to appease their gods?
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
I got this from yahoo:
"At first I was unconcerned over the headlines of "America
will pay" til I clicked on the link
and seen a bunch of kids in their
pj's walked down the road and
now i'm simply terrified."
lol
Re: Iran Adds To Reward For Rushdie's Death by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
Words of a muslim leader:
"Prophet of God, we offer
ourselves, our blood and our
kin for the sake of your dignity
and honor."

(1) (Reply)

Did Pastor TB Joushua Predict This Plane Crash? / PICTURES- Victims Of Suicide Bombing Of St. Rita's Catholic Church In Kaduna / Who Is The Best Leader Nigeria Has Ever Had?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.