Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,232 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:02 AM

Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. (14681 Views)

Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? / What Was The Worst April Fool Played On/by You? / Values, Morals Or Beliefs Your Parents Instilled In You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by slimyem: 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2012
If you had parents that were as strict as mine,you would have found ways to outsmart them at one time or the other.....
Share here if you will...
All for fun..
Here's mine..
As a kid,I was never allowed to watch movies...except on holidays.
It was a school night and everyone had gone to bed except my dad.
He wanted to see a movie and was sitting on a chair backing the dinning.
I crept silently under the dinning table and squatted there just about the time the movie was starting.
I was in that position for 2 hours straight watching the movie.
My dad went to switch off the tv when the movie ended and went into his room but did not close the door which means he was going to see me if i tried to go inside my room.
I went in anyways..and then he asked "who's that?".
A thought quickly came to mind and i decided to act on it.
I came back out..opened the door that led outside and went to sleep on the floor outside while ran after me.
He thought i was sleep-walking..and he just carried me to my room while i smiled mischieviously..cheesycheesy
Oya..share your own o..cheesycheesy

17 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by k2039: 8:59pm On Sep 16, 2012
[size=14pt]I cant remember a single event in which I outsmarted my mum.
She always won[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
If i actually share mine, my bro, my sis are on NL! They would figure me out and the thing is, they are hidding their username, so am i

5 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by slimyem: 11:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
bennyraz: If i actually share mine, my bro, my sis are on NL! They would figure me out and the thing is, they are hidding their username, so am i
Awwwww....

2 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Caracta(f): 1:32am On Sep 17, 2012
I wasn't permitted to watch tv except weekends or NTA news by 9pm. After school, i would watch tv till it was time for my dad to return home from work. Then, i would sprinke water on the 'hot' black & white tv to cool it; rush to my room; bring out big textbooks; scatter them on the bed & pretend as if i have been reading for 3hrs.

3 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Caracta(f): 1:36am On Sep 17, 2012
I hated pills. The day we changed the furniture, there were several pills i had hidden everywhere, especially inside the couch & seat covers.

4 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Caracta(f): 1:43am On Sep 17, 2012
I was learning how to smoke (with match sticks) in the sitting room. I thought i was home alone until i heard my dad's voice. I was confused. I threw the lit-up match stick under the sofa & ran out. Before i knew it, there was smoke everywhere. There was fire outbreak. We saved what we could. Till today, nobody knows what caused the fire!

5 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by ayobase(m): 6:54am On Sep 17, 2012
slimyem: If you had parents that were as strict as mine,you would have found ways to outsmart them at one time or the other.....
All for fun..
Here's mine..
I crept silently under the dinning table and squatted there just about the time the movie was starting.
My dad went to switch off the tv when the movie ended and went into his room but did not close the door which means he was going to see me if i tried to go inside my room.
I came back out..opened the door that led outside and went to sleep on the floor outside while ran after me.
He thought i was sleep-walking..and he just carried me to my room while i smiled mischieviously..cheesycheesy

What movie was it?

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by ayobase(m): 7:08am On Sep 17, 2012
Caracta: I was learning how to smoke (with matches) in the sitting room. I thought i was home alone until i heard my dad's voice. I was confused. I threw the lit up match under the sofa & ran out. Before i knew it, there was smoke everywhere. There was fire outbreak. We saved what we could. Till today, nobody knows what caused the fire!

A very badt gel u r....well, almost everyone did that though......I did make use of the match sticks after lighting the stove or lantern!
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by slimyem: 9:05am On Sep 17, 2012
ayobase:

What movie was it?
can't remember jor!
It was a nollywood sha...
Lol@caracta's tricks.
I did similar things too.
I hated drugs so much that my mum would sit in front of me with a cane while watching me swallow.
This day, i just put the drugs in my mouth and spat it back into the cup of water as i pretended to swallow it.
Some drugs i kept in my socks...some i threw behind the door.
My mum knew i didn't take them but would search and search fruitlessly for them while i swear to have taken them!cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by awesomet1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
No tricks. I was a good child grin

4 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Afam4eva(m): 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Subscribing...
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by free2ryhme: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
slimyem: If you had parents that were as strict as mine,you would have found ways to outsmart them at one time or the other.....
All for fun..
Here's mine..

dis story is a fabricated lie..

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
I will just cry when I need something and I always succeed! Kids are very cunning, you know. Lol...
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by kayswag100(m): 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
was NEVER alloweed 2 play street soccer.
Mum was a teacher and always came home @ 2:30pm.
By dat time, i wld hv gone hm, washed my dirty legs and clean off traces of sweat; while sitting nd 'reading' as she comes in 2 praise an 'obedient' and 'hard working' child...

2 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
all4naija: I will just cry when I need something and I always succeed! Kids are very cunning, you know. Lol...
come try am with my papa, you go cry tire cheesy grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by bojar(m): 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
I bought a Sega Video game with my lunch Savings.. Knowing How impossible it will be to play the game at home, I collaborated with our Older neighbour to Lie that he dashed me the game... That way I enjoyed my Game

3 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by kayswag100(m): 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
free2ryhme:

oga, so 'FABRICATED' truth dey too abi?
Comon share ur tory make man laff instead of hating...

6 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by nikkyshyne(f): 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
We were given an hour a day to watch TV apart from weekends. What we normally do was to put towel in the freezer and lay it on the TV. Na enjoyment we dey. grin
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by free2ryhme: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
kayswag100:

oga, so 'FABRICATED' truth dey too abi?
Comon share ur tory make man laff instead of hating...

I am not hating oga .. Who is she fooling? ... or are you part of this scam
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
Caracta: I wasn't permitted to watch tv except weekends or NTA news by 9pm. After school, i would watch tv till it was time for my dad to return home from work. Then, i would sprinke water on the 'hot' black & white tv to cool it; rush to my room; bring out big textbooks; scatter them on the bed & pretend as if i have been reading for 3hrs.
Did you just lie? Water on tv to cool it off? I doubt. grin
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
ActiveMan:
Lol.. grin grin grin
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Obinoscopy(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
In order to read my comic books instead of my notebooks, I'd insert them in the middle of a textbook and pretend to be reading the textbook. My dad would see me and praise me, he'd use me to make perfect example for my siblings to emulate!

2 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Ejine(m): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
One of my numerous crimes was inflating my Junior WAEC fee like a PDP senator. I remember I presented popsie a looooong list of things needed to register for the exam, with 65% of the items being things I 'kurukerely' filled in there.
Chineke nna, come and see format.

Dad: Son, number 14 says "handling charging". What exactly is that?

Me: It's the levy that takes care of the charges for the handling.

Dad: Handling of what?

Me: It handles the charges.

Dad: Charges based on what exactly?

Me: The overall handling, of course.

Dad: How?

Me: I mean the charges.

Dad: Of what?!

Me: The handling!!!

44 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Afam4eva(m): 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ejiné: One of my numerous crimes was inflating my Junior WAEC fee like a PDP senator. I remember I presented popsie a looooong list of things needed to register for the exam, with 65% of the items being things I 'kurukerely' fit in their.

lol grin
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by adira(f): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
ActiveMan:

hahahaha!!!!!! Lols... grin grin grin
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Truman155(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
awesome_t: No tricks. I was a good child grin
ok
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by OmoKhary(f): 2:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
My father hated d idea of my brothas n i playing wit d children in my hood...so one day they were playin boju boju n mehn i envied them so i decided 2 join them....i was so in2 d game dat i didnt hear my father's car cmin until a neighbour of mine shoutd "khare!!!daddy e ti de" mehn i flew back in2 our apartment n went in2 d toilet n pretended as if i was defecating
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by omorsexie(f): 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
After using a spoon to take milo and milk frm d tin, my mum will leave d depression of d spoon, she wont shake d tin so dat she would know if smone takes out of it. After so much tots, I would take enof milo n milk the n kick d tins side ways and let them roll some feets away frm dr original position, so, she would tink smbdy mistakenly kicked them

4 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by alosiby92(f): 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
I recal faking sleep to avoid doing chores...one day when my folks were looking for me to wash dishes, I was hiding behing the sitting room table pretending to be sleeping on the carpet when I actually fell asleep! LOL...till this day I don't know who washed my dishes....

2 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Truman155(m): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
free2ryhme:

if he can fabricate that that means this dude gat talent he deserve ma respect

2 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by OmoKhary(f): 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ejiné: One of my numerous crimes was inflating my Junior WAEC fee like a PDP senator. I remember I presented popsie a looooong list of things needed to register for the exam, with 65% of the items being things I 'kurukerely' filled in there.

lwtmi!!!u reminded me of my elder brother's tricks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? / What Is Your Most Treasured Possession And Why? / Hw Do U Call Dis(pixs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.