Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN (7086 Views)

'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by supereagle(m): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
IBADAN—AS President Goodluck Jonathan and notable chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party are mapping out plans to regain the South West geo-political zone, some members of the Action Congress of Nigeria in the zone have said any plan by the PDP to foist itself on the zone will fail.

Speaking under the aegis of the Oyo Patriotic League, OPL, members of the ruling party through its Coordinator and Organising Secretary, Messrs. Adewale Ajani and Mutiu Oyekola respectively, the group have vowed that strategies to take total political control of the South West in 2015 general elections would not succeed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/2015-jonathan-pdp-will-fail-in-s-west-acn/
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by okosodo: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2012
considering what hausa/ fulani in collabo with boko haram are doing in the north, pdp may still clear 2015, even though i hate pdp, but i love them more than boko haram

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by PaulJohn1: 8:54am On Sep 17, 2012
This attention seeking group or whatever, better find something else to do. Who doesn't know that before?
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Ufeolorun(m): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2012
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Ufeolorun(m): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2012
Well its a real possibility if these ACN guys keep up with their seeming sense of entitlement to power .They need to take the people more seriously and stop comparing their mostly half hearted measures to pdp disaster of yore, people may not put up any resistance to pdp onslaught In 2015(what's the point), if they don't move beyond rhetoric to real susbtantive work.
Appealing to regional nationalism may not work again if you don't prove yourself-those who did in the past proved themselves.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Desola(f): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2012
Ufeolorun: Well its a real possibility if these ACN guys keep up with their seeming sense of entitlement to power .They need to take the people more seriously and stop comparing their mostly half hearted measures to pdp disaster of yore, people may not put up any resistance to pdp onslaught In 2015(what's the point), if they don't move beyond rhetoric to real susbtantive work.
Appealing to regional nationalism may not work again if you don't prove yourself-those who did in the past proved themselves.

well said but PDP would most definitely not be an option for Yorubas. I am certain that in the failure of ACN, we would seek solace in any other progressive party but pdp.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Ufeolorun(m): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

well said but PDP would most definitely not be an option for Yorubas. I am certain that in the failure of ACN, we would seek solace in any other progressive party but pdp.
Failure isn't an option,seriously,after 8years of pdp tragedy.
They will not have any excuses-the party is solid-everyone is in line, a lot of ground support,the opposition in disarray.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by islamisfake: 10:33am On Sep 17, 2012
The ACN is a great disappointment

Talk a good game, but they don't back it up
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by solomon111(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2012
ACN will always remain a regional party.
Let's see how they will win the presidency.
SW MY FOOT.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Desola(f): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2012
Ufeolorun:
Failure isn't an option,seriously,after 8years of pdp tragedy.
They will not have any excuses-the party is solid-everyone is in line, a lot of ground support,the opposition in disarray.

Yes, you have a point. I think the ACN is resting on its laurels thinking it has the SW(I hate using that term) in the bag but reality would dawn on them when the voters switch to another party. However badly the ACN must have performed, I still do not see the voters going to PDP though. The return of pdp is a taboo in the west and I think that is what the ACN is banking on but they would get a shocker if they keep on with this mediocre performance. Once Fashola finishes his tenure, ACN's backside would be blown open so it is in the best interest of the other governors to start performing now if ever they wish to return. Yorubas are not gullible.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Desola(f): 10:42am On Sep 17, 2012
solomon111: ACN will always remain a regional party.
Let's see how they will win the presidency.
SW MY FOOT.

Keep on with that delusion and forever perish in your land of myopia.

Oloshi! By the way, what party do your backward people boast of? No, I know, its the chop I chop pdp party. Moraforker!
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by solomon111(m): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

Keep on with that delusion and forever perish in your land of myopia.

Oloshi! By the way, what party do your backward people boast of? No, I know, its the chop I chop pdp party. Moraforker!
your father!
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by slimming: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2012
IF Asiwaju will not compromise this time again.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Ufeolorun(m): 11:36am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

Yes, you have a point. I think the ACN is resting on its laurels thinking it has the SW(I hate using that term) in the bag but reality would dawn on them when the voters switch to another party. However badly the ACN must have performed, I still do not see the voters going to PDP though. The return of pdp is a taboo in the west and I think that is what the ACN is banking on but they would get a shocker if they keep on with this mediocre performance. Once Fashola finishes his tenure, ACN's backside would be blown open so it is in the best interest of the other governors to start performing now if ever they wish to return. Yorubas are not gullible.
I think they would always make Lagos work cos Fashola has prolly unknowingly set a standard for the party in Lagos. I have feeling they will maintain the standard.
The guys in Oyo and Ogun are presiding over states that could compete with Lagos but they are no where to be found. Ekiti and Osun do know what/where their strengths lie and have been vocal about how they intend to leverage on them.
I would say;Fayemi's agreement with Samsung sits very well with me and I see it (if it works) as a way of shifting Ekiti from Academic scholarship to 'real' knowledge.
Aregbe is been quiet lately but some of the plans he put out there aren't bad at all but people need to see.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by fstranger: 11:40am On Sep 17, 2012
PDP will succeed in the SW.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Desola(f): 11:46am On Sep 17, 2012
Ufeolorun:
I think they would always make Lagos work cos Fashola has prolly unknowingly set a standard for the party in Lagos. I have feeling they will maintain the standard.
The guys in Oyo and Ogun are presiding over states that could compete with Lagos but they are no where to be found. Ekiti and Osun do know what/where their strengths lie and have been vocal about how they intend to leverage on them.
I would say;Fayemi's agreement with Samsung sits very well with me and I see it (if it works) as a way of shifting Ekiti from Academic scholarship to 'real' knowledge.
Aregbe is been quiet lately but some of the plans he put out there aren't bad at all but people need to see.

Lagos might work but I do not think we would have another governor with Fashola's zeal and charisma which I think are the wings of the ACN currently.

In respect of Ogun competing with Lagos, I have said this until I was almost blue in the face. Up to this current time, it baffles me why Ogun state is still in this perpetual slumber when Lagos is only a stone throw away and beaming with opportunities to be tapped. The stupid governor just riles me up whenever I see him with his tall cap. He must think he's in that post to display the latest trend in wearing the Yoruba cap or something. I haven't seen him do a thing! It's annoying!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Ufeolorun(m): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger: PDP will succeed in the SW.
cheesy
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by ifeci: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger: PDP will succeed in the SW.

Succeed fire! well I knw u r jst joking smiley
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Ufeolorun(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

Lagos might work but I do not think we would have another governor with Fashola's zeal and charisma which I think are the wings of the ACN currently.

In respect of Ogun competing with Lagos, I have said this until I was almost blue in the face. Up to this current time, it baffles me why Ogun state is still in this perpetual slumber when Lagos is only a stone throw away and beaming with opportunities to be tapped. The stupid governor just riles me up whenever I see him with his tall cap. He must think he's in that post to display the latest trend in wearing the Yoruba cap or something. I haven't seen him do a thing! It's annoying!!
Yeah he appears clueless to me too,I must say.
Its either they get to work or Lagos will annex Ogun state,its already happening anyway.
Maybe Ibadan needs those guys who re- engineered Lagos economy - the guys who estimated the value of informal lagos economy and master minded its current,gradual integration to the mainstream.
Fashola is set a standard and that's why you see articulate and well behaved guys in Ekiti,Oyo and even Ogun.Look at Akeredolu too, you hardly see people with personal accomplishments getting that close to power in Nigeria.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Akanbiedu(m): 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
You guys shouldn't worry much. ACN is just consolidating its power base in states like Ogun and Oyo.

Performance/popularity is good but may not be enough to win elections against a machinery like PDP. Examples of this assertion abound; Buhari's performance against Jonathan in the last general election even in northern states,Gani Fawehinmi against Obj, Pat Utomi etc. If you put up an El-rufai (a known performer) against Bala Muhammed in FCT, I can assure you Bala most likely will win. That is the reality of current Nigeria.

So we can't even begin to compare ACN-SW to PDP-SW yet.

Another thing is when change happen, people forget easily how bad things were in the past. For example, when last did you hear news about Ibadan NURTW crises or the show of shame that was the order of the day between Gbenga Daniel and the Ogun state assembly? Things like these are taken for granted until they become a BH-like situation.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
Akanbi_edu: You guys shouldn't worry much. ACN is just consolidating its power base in states like Ogun
Another thing is when change happen, people forget easily how bad things were in the past. For example, when last did you hear news about Ibadan NURTW crises or the show of shame that was the order of the day between Gbenga Daniel and the Ogun state assembly? Things like these are taken for granted until they become a BH-like situation.

Superb point. When has Gbenga Daniel ever bought 500 brand new transformers to improve electrification in Ogun State? When has OGD ever shown the responsiveness Amosun did in lobbying industry in Ogun State to contribute towards the purchase of the most modern APC's (armoured personnel carriers ) in Nigeria to the gushing praise of Nigeria's top policemen? How many Nigerian Governors bother to take on the role of the negligent FG when it is easier for them to just fold their arms and enjoy robust personal security while everyone else is "on their own"? How about Amosun's drive to attract investment into the State? What of his effort in healthcare to include the ambulance service that has seen Ogun State become the first in Nigeria to adopt the United Nations harmonised action on Road Safety which sets a target of reducing road accidents and casualties by 50% between 2011 and 2020? There are a lot of things many are missing because they are expecting the wrong changes.

Folks can go to the State official website to see for themselves. Amosun is a million times better than OGD and he has delivered far more than he is given credit for.

http://ogunstate.gov.ng/
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Desola(f): 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2012
Akanbi_edu: You guys shouldn't worry much. ACN is just consolidating its power base in states like Ogun and Oyo.

Performance/popularity is good but may not be enough to win elections against a machinery like PDP. Examples of this assertion abound; Buhari's performance against Jonathan in the last general election even in northern states,Gani Fawehinmi against Obj, Pat Utomi etc. If you put up an El-rufai (a known performer) against Bala Muhammed in FCT, I can assure you Bala most likely will win. That is the reality of current Nigeria.

So we can't even begin to compare ACN-SW to PDP-SW yet.

Ok, so we have what seems to be sanity in the western states and for that we are grateful but we gave them a mandate for a reason and that reason is to see progress not only in antisocial behaviour but also in infrastructure and economical growth. I haven't heard much coming from anywhere else aside Lagos. Or must I move to these places to see the work being done? If at all I am willing to forgive other states, Ogun has most definitely let me down. I am utterly disappointed!
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Desola(f): 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
Gbawe:

Superb point. When has Gbenga Daniel ever bought 500 brand new transformers to improve electrification in Ogun State? When has OGD ever shown the responsiveness Amosun did in lobbying industry in Ogun State to contribute towards the purchase of the most modern APC's (armoured personnel carriers ) in Nigeria to the gushing praise of Nigeria's top policemen? How many Nigerian Governors bother to take on the role of the negligent FG when it is easier for them to just fold their arms and enjoy robust personal security while everyone else is "on their own"? How about Amosun's drive to attract investment into the State? What of his effort in healthcare to include the ambulance service that has seen Ogun State become the first in Nigeria to adopt the United Nations harmonised action on Road Safety which sets a target of reducing road accidents and casualties by 50% between 2011 and 2020? There are a lot of things many are missing because they are expecting the wrong changes.

Folks can go to the State official website to see for themselves. Amosun is a million times better than OGD and he has delivered far more than he is given credit for.

http://ogunstate.gov.ng/

You never really refer us to Lagos government's website for testimonies. Why do that for Ogun? Is that because the government's accomplishments are few and far between?

If you are in the inner caucus of the ACN, then I suggest you start intimating them on the pulse of the electorates. Yorubas are not fools o. We believe that nkan ti a ba se sile l'omo ma de ba.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

You never really refer us to Lagos government's website for testimonies. Why do that for Ogun? Is that because the government's accomplishments are few and far between?

If you are in the inner caucus of the ACN, then I suggest you start intimating them on the pulse of the electorates. Yorubas are not fools o. We believe that nkan ti a ba se sile l'omo ma de ba.

The fact is that Fashola is a proven performer. Amosun, actually is trying and it would be sad for him to be affected by the notion of lies becoming the truth once it has been repeated many times. Nigerians are especially susceptible to this because they don't like to read or rise above ignorance. They are the perfect tools in the hands of propagandists because they have no problem working with 'second-hand' information rather than seeking knowledge themselves.

The bar was raised when the ACN gained more States in the SW. There are many, for political, sectional and ethnic reason, who will never give credit to any ACN Governor aside Fashola. Whereas Fayemi, Amosun and Aregbesola are moving in the right direction. State here what you want to see that is not being done here and now because , as far as I am concerned, it is important to know the problem before you can determine solutions are not being provided.

How, for example, do you perceive the efforts highlighted below if governance is about a responsive approach to problems? Negative for Ogun Governance? Positive? Or irrelevant? Bear this in mind before you answer:

Ogun, he said, accounted for 41.5 per cent road accidents and 16.7 per cent deaths nationally last year because of its link with Lagos-Ibadan and Sagamu-Ore-Benin Expressway.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/health/57509-ogun-launches-emergency-ambulance-service.html

Ogun launches emergency ambulance service
By Risikat Ramoni 14/08/2012 00:00:00

To reduce deaths through road accidents, the Ogun State government has launched emergency ambulances services. Four new advanced life support ambulances were launched and 10 basic ones were refurbished.
The event was witnessed by government officials, traditional rulers, and other stakeholders at the State Secretariat in Abeokuta.
Governor Ibikunle Amosun called on Nigerians, philanthropists and corporate organisations to partner with the government to buy at least 42 more life support ambulances to cover the state.
Ogun, he said, accounted for 41.5 per cent road accidents and 16.7 per cent deaths nationally last year because of its link with Lagos-Ibadan and Sagamu-Ore-Benin Expressway.
Amosun, represented by his Deputy, Prince Segun Adesegun, said the state is the first in the country to embrace the initiative of the United Nations General Assembly in reducing road accidents and casualties half eight years from now.
The people were assured of prompt and efficient service by the emergency personnel who have been well-trained and certified by the American Heart Association.
The Commissioner of Health, Dr Olaokun Soyinka, urged Nigerians to follow the United Nations Global decade of action plan on road safety. He said the plan calls for increased enforcement on the use of helmets, seat-belts and child restraints as well as actions to reduce drinking, driving and speeding when driving.
Soyinka said: “Safety on the roads is a collective responsibility and that means we must all embrace good habits on the road.”
He announced 122 as the emergency number for emergency services.
The Commissioner said, subsequently, the emergency services will be built to respond to more than just road accidents and trauma situations.

In addition, the Corps Marshal/Chief Executive of the Federal Road Safety Corp (FRSC), Osita Chidoka, made an appeal to stakeholders, including government agencies and non-governmental organisations, to work together in reducing road traffic crashes.
He said: “Many countries have shown that road accidents and death can be reduced to the barest minimum. All states in the country should aim for zero road accident fatality. The FRSC has 12 ambulances to assist road accident victims.”
Chidoka commended the Ogun State Government for the laudable achievements while also urging them to ensure prompt delivery of service when the need arises.
The ambulance crew demonstrated how road accidents occur and ways they will save victims lives.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Ufeolorun(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
We don't need to bother much about Ogun really because it will end up a satellite town to Lagos(lol) but Ibadan? Come on! That's another Lagos in our hands, man! the potentials are enormous.

Consolidating ke? Pa pa pa o lol
Jonathan is becoming desperate ( like Obj was in 03) for another term and you cannot underestimate the federal power at his disposal.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Desola(f): 8:57am On Sep 18, 2012
Gbawe:

The fact is that Fashola is a proven performer. Amosun, actually is trying and it would be sad for him to be affected by the notion of lies becoming the truth once it has been repeated many times. Nigerians are especially susceptible to this because [b]they don't like to read or rise above ignorance. They are the perfect tools in the hands of propagandists because they have no problem working with 'second-hand' information rather than seeking knowledge themselves. [/b]

The bar was raised when the ACN gained more States in the SW. There are many, for political, sectional and ethnic reason, who will never give credit to any ACN Governor aside Fashola. Whereas Fayemi, Amosun and Aregbesola are moving in the right direction. State here what you want to see that is not being done here and now because , as far as I am concerned, it is important to know the problem before you can determine solutions are not being provided.

How, for example, do you perceive the efforts highlighted below if governance is about a responsive approach to problems? Negative for Ogun Governance? Positive? Or irrelevant? Bear this in mind before you answer:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/health/57509-ogun-launches-emergency-ambulance-service.html

There is absolutely no need for backhanded insults when all that was required of you was to provide evidence of the "working" ACN governors. Yes, I do read but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much information on the achievements of this said ACN governors and now I know the reason why. It is because they are doing f.uc.kole! Nada!

So please do save me all that semantics. I really see no difference between you and beaf now. Sheesh!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2012
Desola:

There is absolutely no need for backhanded insults when all that was required of you was to provide evidence of the "working" ACN governors. Yes, I do read but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much information on the achievements of this said ACN governors and now I know the reason why. It is because they are doing f.uc.kole! Nada!

So please do save me all that semantics. I really see no difference between you and beaf now. Sheesh!

There is no backhand insult because nothing is targeted at you specifically. It is general talk regarding how Nigerians simply accept the submission of others and run with it in an information age.As far as being the same as Beaf, why don't you prove I have lied about anything stated regarding Amosun? Were APC's not bought, Were 500 transformers not purchased?

I don't have any greater responsibility of providing information here than you and other adults. This is the reason I gave the link to the Ogun State website so that those still interested in knowledge, rather than the summary judgement of others, can see what the leadership of the State is doing.

You sayt the Government is doing nothing. What indicates "nothing" to you?

Below is Amosuns poll approval rating. As at yesterday, 808 had voted with 527 (62.5%) rating the Government as "on course". I tend to believe statistics and the real input from others - not Nairaland mischief driven mainly and promoted by bigotry. Those shouting that "only Fashola is working" know precisely what they are doing and why they are doing it. If you want to believe their submission without looking at issues dispassionately yourself, then fine. I have simply asked you to show how Amosun is doing "nada".

http://www.ogunstate.gov.ng/index.php/component/poll/15-assessing-the-achievements-of-governor-ibikunle-amosuns-administration-one-year-after

It is amazing you "cannot" find any news of the achievement of Amosun in Ogun State. Please read what is written below to note why Amosun enjoys the approval rating he does even if Nairalanders enjoy conjecture. Achievements such as the six lane Ibara Sokori Totoro Road in Abeokuta, completed within time and budget and meant to be standard road, are examples of real and delivered achievements. Let us not forget, with crime ravaging Ogun State, Amosun responsibly took up the role of the FG to purchase State of the art APC's to fight crime. Same thing with the 500 transformers purchased. Is it "Nada" we use to quantify Amosun's Ambulance and emergency service effort that has made Ogun the only State to comply with UN's road safety initiative?

How many Governors have done those things and what manner of ungraciousness makes it possible for folks to come here dailay and say he has done nothing? What do you want to see and what would amount to "achievements for you? I personally think Amosun has done well but folks are free to believe what they want. It is never good or even fair to malign others out of sheer ignorance.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/OgunStateNews

Address Delivered By The Governor Of Ogun State, His Excellency, Senator Ibikunle Amosunfca, To Mark The First Anniversary Of His Admninistration On Tuesday, 29 May, 2012
Posted: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:20:00 EDT

Protocols Ladies and Gentlemen, Exactly one year ago, I took an oath to serve the interests of the good people of Ogun State. It was a deeply personal moment for me as it was the culmination of a long and sometimes tortuous journey. For many years, I had stood on the sidelines pained by the seemingly unrestrained decline of this great state. On April 24th 2011, the people of Ogun State spoke. You gave me an overwhelming mandate to reverse that trend. You gave me a mandate to Rebuild Ogun State. I was honoured but humbled by the trust reposed in me.

I resolved to be a leader with a clear vision, driven by an understanding of the true position of Ogun State, its rich potential and her good people. Mission to Rebuild My mission was clear- it was to rebuild Ogun State. I am aware that some commentators were unconvinced of the need for a rebuilding. In their view, a few small adjustments would suffice. They believed that “ repair rather than rebuild” would restore the state. Indeed my constant reference to the need to rebuild was seen as unduly critical. However those who appreciate what Ogun State truly represents, understand her resources, her potential and her proud history agreed that radical change was indeed required. So exactly one year ago, we embarked on the “Mission to Rebuild”.

To rebuild the dilapidated infrastructure, re-engineer the distressed finances, rebuild the shattered confidence of the people in the ability of government, to rebuild the dreams and aspirations of the good people of Ogun State and most importantly to rebuild the people’s sense of pride in what is arguably the greatest state, in this great nation- Nigeria. Ogun Standard Students of semantics will tell us that rebuilding is restoration to a former condition and whilst that is my mission, I recognised that old glory would no longer suffice. Ogun State’s lost glory was, in fact, defined by the continuous setting of new standards, by consistent pioneering in every field of endeavour.

If you looked for leaders in any field you would certainly find products of Ogun State. It was that spirit of commitment to high standards, the attainment of excellence, the discovery of new boundaries, and raising the bar that had always distinguished Ogun State and her people. I therefore recognised that to truly rebuild this great state, I must undertake a complete redefinition of standards. This administration would systematically rebuild Ogun State by setting what we now refer to as “Ogun Standard”. So what is Ogun Standard? Ogun Standard is not a slogan. It is not a catch phrase. It is not bravado. It is a firm undertaking to subscribe to the highest available standard in all that we do. It is a trademark of quality and excellence, a benchmark of attainment and most importantly, aiming for the very best. That is what our forefathers did. They refused to settle for the average or the most likely.

Rather they committed themselves to the very best possible. It is only that commitment that has provided enduring achievement in public administration. Until this very day, it is easy to identify the infrastructural projects like roads and schools built by the administrations of the Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo or our dear Late Chief Olabisi Onabanjo or our more recent leader Chief Olusegun Osoba and others. Interestingly these leaders did not see the need to name projects after themselves, their projects speak for them even after several years of their selfless service. The depth of their attainments was sufficient to distinguish their efforts. It is that standard that I now wish to recreate and reemphasise- as Ogun Standard. Ogun Standard represents world class facilities with a high level of attention to detail. Iconic projects and enduring programmes that will stand the test of time and out live us. Ogun Standard is not about merely satisfying current needs with “quick wins”. It is about anticipating the needs of Ogun State for the next fifty years and beyond.

I am convinced that it is only such a standard that will adequately prepare Ogun State for our future and those of the generations yet unborn.. Our promise to the people Our mission to rebuild is anchored on the 5 cardinal programme ■Affordable Qualitative Education ■Efficient Health Care Delivery ■Agricultural Production and Industrialisation ■Affordable Housing and Urban Renewal ■Rural and Infrastructural Development/Employment Generation Education Education is the bedrock on which Ogun State is built. Indeed, Western education was birthed in Ogun State.

The rapid growth of the state was a function of our early exposure to education. It is therefore entirely appropriate that this area should be accorded the most urgent attention and the largest share of available resources. Apart from historical reasons, investment in education is the single most potent antidote to poverty that any government can provide. Our policy thrust was to provide affordable and qualitative education. At primary and secondary level, we promptly introduced free education, completely abolishing all fees and charges, making it possible for thousands of children to access education irrespective of the financial status of their parents.

[b]Our aim is to ensure that no child is deprived of the opportunity to of being educated as a result of a lack of funds. The abolition of fees alone would have been a gimmick, had we not backed our resolve with desperately needed investment in the quality of education. To this end, we invested in excess of three billion naira for the purchase of text books in all core curricular subjects for each of the 850,000 children enrolled in state schools. Each child was issued with a full complement of books, the minimum of 7 books per child was issued to those in Primary 1-6 rising to 12 books for those between JS1 and SS3. We supported this with additional investment in instructional materials like, pencils, biros and maths sets etc. We also gave each child was between 8 and 12 exercise books. We have equally commenced equipping our science laboratories with microscopes and other equipment. We also embarked on a continuous programme of retraining for our teachers. We paid the N272 million arrears of WAEC fees, which allowed Ogun State students who had sat their exams as far back as 2010 and 2011 to obtain their results[/b].

Our school premises were in dire need of attention. We renovated blocks of classrooms in 100 schools within our first 100 days. At the same time, we paid the outstanding counterpart funds under the UBE Scheme, needed for primary schools renovation programme. As we speak the the 3.2 biliiion naira State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) renovation programme for 1,278 existing classrooms together with the construction of 278 brand new classrooms is ongoing. The provision of furniture and library books is equally in progress and when these are completed, they will make a significant difference in the learning environment of our pupils. Under this programme all of the 236 wards would have been covered. Our commitment also extends to the redefinition of quality in education. The first step in this area was the introduction of uniform examinations in all our secondary schools.

These examinations have been highly successful in ensuring the completeness of coverage of the syllabus. They also form the basis of continuous performance evaluation of schools, leading to improved standards. Just last week, we laid the foundations of 26 model secondary schools that we believe will define the new Ogun Standard in the provision of education at secondary school level. It is an ambitious educational programme, which will touch all of the 20 Local Government Areas of the state. These schools will provide unparalleled facilities in science, technical education , agriculture humanities, enterprise and sports, with full boarding facilities, to serve the entire state. It is envisaged that these model schools will produce students who can compete with their peers anywhere in the world.

We are now witnessing an upsurge in the enrolment numbers in public schools after years of decline. Our commitment to affordable qualitative education extends to the private sector. In our regulatory capacity; we have resolved to rid the state of illegal schools. Tertiary Education The problems in the area of tertiary education equally demanded a plan of action. We inherited a situation where state government was not giving consistent financial support to its tertiary institutions with arrears of subventions running into billions of naira. In addition standards appeared to be in decline in a number of key metrics. We recognised that to resolve the issue, a wholesale review was required. To this end, we established Independent Visitation Panels comprised of respected academic professionals, to report on each of our tertiary institutions. Their findings were formally presented to the State Executive Council and then subjected to further review and implementation planning by a Sub Committee of the State Executive Council.

The main thrust of the recommendations were that the institutions were too numerous for the state’s resources . They were relatively poorly funded compared to other state run institutions and those owned by the Federal Government. They were not structured in a sustainable manner and this was impairing the standard of education. The reform strategy has been outlined with the merger of the four ICT Polytechnic Institutes into the Ogun State Institute of Technology, headquartered at Igbesa. In addition the Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) was found to have deviated from its core objectives of producing secondary school teachers and was in grave danger of losing its accreditation. It was recommended that it be restructured into a dedicated Education Institute under Olabisi Onabanjo Univeristy. Further comments on this matter are being deferred in view of the subsisting court case. I am, however, not unmindful of the positions and concerns of various stakeholders on this matter.

I will make a pronouncement after the court case been determined. The process of attracting top class professionals to turn-around our tertiary institutions has commenced and we are confident that our tertiary institutions will, in time, become models for others to copy. We have spent over N4 billion on subventions to reduce the financial pressure on the institutions. We have acted to secure the accreditation of our tertiary institutions. The most recent of these interventions was the release of funds to support Olabisi Onabanjo Teaching Hospital, Sagamu’s accreditation requirements. In summary, our commitment to education is non negotiable. If we fail to invest in education, then when the envisioned development in Ogun State’s economy materialises, our people will find themselves disadvantaged due to their lack of skills and capacity.

Some people have criticised our intense focus on education. They have urged us to concentrate more on visible infrastructure but for us, education remains the most visible and enduring investment any state can make. As we rebuild the state, we must rebuild our education to Ogun Standard which means making it outstanding at every level.

Health Our objective in the area of health was for efficient health care delivery. We inherited a broken health care system, devoid of adequate medical personnel, and equipment with low morale of both patients and staff. [b]In the first 100 days we acted quickly to renovate 50 Primary Health Care Centres(PHCs) complete with the provision of boreholes, power supply and equipment. This is a rolling programme which will result in a functional PHC in each of the 236 wards of the State. We have already recruited over 400 new medical professionals and have now received approval for an additional 900, for which interviews are ongoing. In the on-going recruitment exercise for heath workers, we plan to bring in personnel who will be dedicated to the ambulance service, becoming Ogun State’s first-ever purpose trained paramedics. These personnel will receive weeks of intensive ambulance service and paramedics training from Critical Rescue International to help them acquire skills in life support. The previously abandoned Central Drug Store has been upgraded to international standards and will provide quality assured drugs and other medial supplies. We have purchased four new fully equipped ambulances and have refurbished the existing fleet.[/b]

The new expanded fleet is now being deployed to provide rapid response to medical emergencies. In the area of Polio eradication and routine immunisation. considerable work has been undertaken. Ogun State was recent adjudged to be the best in terms of immunisation programmes by National Primary Health Care Development Agency. We have commenced programmes at our General Hospitals with a view to refurbishing and re-equipping them. We have also renovated three dilapidated buildings- the medical, surgical and children’s wards- at the Olabisi Onabanjo Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, which is the only teaching hospital in the state. In the last one year, we collaborated with the Rotary Club International to donate 500 Artificial Limbs. An artificial limb service centre was set up and health technicians were trained in the fixing of artificial limbs. In addition, free eye operations were undertaken in conjunction with Indo Eyecare and Tulsi Chanrai Foundation and Purechem Industries.

In furtherance of our determination to provide efficient heath care service to the good people of our dear state, last week, we signed an agreement with MTN Foundation for the provision of a Mobile Clinic which will be used to pilot the provision of outreach health services to underserved rural population. I am also glad to inform our people next week, we have just signed a multi-million dollar five-year deal with Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) , which will benefit a number of primary healthcare centres in the state. Our administration has also intensified efforts to eradicate all forms of diseases which plague our people. For example, over 850,000 children have benefitted from the de-worming programme sponsored by the government. Also, 4,362,760 doses of anti-polio vaccines have been administered under the National Immunisation Plus Days programme. The Free Primary Healthcare for pregnant women, children under the age of 5 and our senior citizens of age 70 and above has commenced.

There can be no free, quality health care without Doctors and necessary personnel, so this was our first priority and there was also a need for adequate equipment and suitable facilities, which we are presently addressing. Our commitment to the most vulnerable groups in our community remains a firm one. Agriculture Agriculture is at the core of our economy. Our founding fathers’ phenomenal economic , commercial and social development in the fifties, sixties and early seventies was based on their prowess in agriculture through farming in cassava, cocoa, palm, rubber and other cash crops. Our mission is to recreate this economic dependence on agriculture but to do so in the modern context.

This means moving away from subsistence based farming and embracing modern agricultural techniques and the value chain addition in agro allied businesses. We see agriculture as a key area in which wealth will be created together with long term employment generation opportunities for our teeming youths. We want to make careers in agriculture in Ogun State as attractive as careers in other professions such as law, accounting, medicine and engineering. Ogun State must not only become self sufficient but it must become a dominant player in domestic and export food production. One of the early initiatives we took was to access the Commercial Agricultural Credit Scheme ( CACS) which provided N1Billion naira in loans for on-lending to agricultural businesses at subsidised rates of interest.

To enhance the success of the scheme we engaged in capacity building with a series of training sessions to support farmers in the areas of financial management and budgeting. To improve the handing of meat, we have procured 40 Meat Tricycles to move meat from slaughter to slabs in a hygienic manner. To really grow our agriculture, we are in consultation with farmers, who are interested in setting up large scale farms in our state. In response to the request of some foreign based investors in agriculture, we have set out over 20, 000 hectares of land in each of the three senatorial districts. We have also commenced the rehabilitation of the 14 farm settlements across the state. The road linking Coker farm to Akinside Village in Ifo has been repaired. We have also continued to provide the settlers within the farm settlements with new techniques to achieve high yield.

We are in the process of engaging some young graduate farmers into the Odeda farm settlement. Our administration is now constructing a Model farm Estate at Owowo in Ewekoro local Government Area. The farm settlement occupies 125 hectares of land and it is designed to accommodate a poultry, fish pond as well as arable land for plant cultivation. The settlers in this farm settlement are mostly employment seeking graduates of Agriculture from universities and polytechnics.

[b]Affordable Housing and Urban Renewal We have the 300 low cost housing units we are embarking on in all the 20 local governments on an average of 10 hectares each. When complete these housing units will benefit the lower income earners in our midst. It must be noted that all our housing schemes will conform to the Ogun Standard for housing regardless of the income bracket it is intended for. Ogun standard means the provision of full infrastructural facilities including roads, power, water and waste disposal, Secondly, we are currently working on a pilot program housing scheme in Idi-aba on 26 hectares of land consisting of 300 houses. When completed, the medium income earners will be able to buy into the scheme via outright cash purchases or mortgages. In this coming year we plan to provide at least 2000 of these houses throughout the state. Urban renewal and development is very important to the state government. To this end we are working on 3 major projects that when done will transform the landscape of the state. 1. The new city. This is a development of 30000 hectares along the already developing Ibadan/ Lagos express way and ota Abeokuta axis. 2. The redevelopment of the Abeokuta city center.[/b]

This involves the redevelopment of 56 hectares of land in the heart of Abeokuta. This development will consist of hotels, offices, shopping centers, conferences centers. It is intended that this will spur development and push Abeokuta in the 21 st century. It is also intended to give the people of Abeokuta a sense of belonging and ownership. 3. The new government city. The city is approximately 6,400 hectares. It is our intention to have a ratio of 70% residence and 30% government office. In addition to the 100% land mass, we want 40% to be specially designated to horticulture and landscape.

Once again, we want to draw our children back from other states so they can enjoy what they think they have in other parts of the world. We have worked to complete a number of abandoned projects inherited from the past administration. These include Media Village, Ajebo and Sagamu Housing Estates. The allottees have now taken possession. We are at the advanced stage of partnering with a major multi-lateral agency in a pioneering housing scheme valued at US $100 million (one hundred million dollars).

Infrastructural Renewal Roads Our primary area of infrastructure focus is our roads. [b]We adopted a two pronged approach. 1. To make all existing roads motor able we commenced a wholesale maintenance programme which has impacted over 100 roads across the state, to ensure that the condition of our internal road network meets acceptable standards. 2. At the same time, we commenced the development of new roads that would be Ogun standard. We wanted to develop roads that would be iconic and would be transformational to the host communities. Particular impact was expected in the economic, commercial and social development. Ogun Standard. We resolved that better would not be good enough we wanted the very best… which is Ogun Standard. This involved undertaking detailed traffic surveys in planning and designing of our roads. It involved consultation with local communities. Ogun Standard roads go beyond meeting current or immediate user needs but will anticipate the needs of users for the next 50 years. The first of the Ogun Standard roads, the Ibara Sokori Totoro Road in Abeokuta, the state capital was commissioned only yesterday. It is worthy of note that the project was completed in record time. Demolition of houses to pave way for the right of way for the road commenced on November 14, whilst actual construction commenced on January 4th. The project has been completed in a period of just 5 months. It has certain key features which we believe will be the hallmark of Ogun Standard roads. These features include a six lane span with central median, pedestrian walk- ways, landscaping, open drainage and street lighting, traffic lights, CCTV camera and communal parking at intervals of about 500 metres.[/b]

In addition the first overhead pedestrian crossings and grade separated flyovers have already been added to the project. This template will be rolled out across the state. We are presently awarding a total of 24 major road contracts spanning about 200 kilometres, which will transform the standards and the aesthetics of roads in Ogun State. These include but are not limited to: ■Ilo Awela Road, ■ Sango-Ijoko- Akute- Ohoju Abiodun ■Papalanto-Ilaro ■Joju Road in Ota ■Sagamu –Ogijo- Ikorodu Road ■Oba Erinwole Road- Sagamu ■Emuren Road ■Itele-Ijebu Mushin- Ilese ■Ikangba-Obalende- Lagos Garage-Oke Owa-Ilese ■Ikenne- Ilishan-Ago Iwoye ■Moshood Abiola Way ■Presidential Boulevard- Flowergate Junction ■Ajebo Road- OGTV-Sapon-Itoku– Lafenwa Bridge. They will open up access to key areas and drive our economy and commerce and improving the social wellbeing of the good people of Ogun State.

Water Water provision is one of the most basic of human needs and we have been consistent in prioritising water projects within the last 12 months. We have undertaken a rehabilitation of all the water works in the state and water is now running out of taps in some parts of Abeokuta, of Ijebu Ode, and other areas of the state. We have continued with the sinking of boreholes provision of boreholes under the Motorized Boreholes Water Scheme in all the 20 Local Government areas. Our work in this area is a continuous exercise and we will make necessary progress.

Power The multiplier effect of power provision on the local economy is one that cannot be overstated. It is a universal need both for commerce and for quality of life. During our election campaign, we had promised to purchase 100 transformers. However, when we assumed office, the volume of compelling requests was such that we were obliged to increase the number to 500. On 25th May 2012, we became the first State Government to purchase and distribute 500 high quality Schneider transformers ranging in rating from 200 to 500 KVA . This will go a long way towards stimulating the local economy by enhancing access to reliable power supply.

In our rural areas we have partnered with Schneider Electric of France to pilot a new renewable energy programme which is ideal for communities who are not connected to the national grid. This solar based project was able to provide home power solutions to 80 families in the Asore Village in Ado Odo Ota Local Government and is a template which will be rolled out in an additional 10 rural communities, who are currently excluded from the national grid. Security A very fundamental aspect of our infrastructure is our security. I have been consistent in my assertion that there can be no development or progress without adequate security. This was an area in which there was an urgent and at times desperate need for intervention. We recognised that there could be no quick fixes in this area. We needed a fundamental retooling of our security personnel to enable them to fight sophisticated and organised criminals.

It was an area that demanded a solution that was Ogun Standard. Our procurement process was thorough and involved security experts located in Nigeria and beyond. After the necessary preliminary security mappings, we proceeded to order 13 top of the range Armoured Personnel Carriers. These have been deployed and have made a noticeable difference in the lives of our citizens. We have also procured over 125 fully equipped patrol vehicles as well as a range of anti crime gadgets and have created wireless radio control rooms and despatch centres across the state. This project will culminate shortly with the launch of a three digit dial code which will allow incidents to be reported to the respective emergency agencies across the state to ensure prompt response. We are expecting confirmation of a launch date from the NCC, as all preparations are now complete. We expect this launch to occur in the next few weeks.

We have spent in excess of 5 billion naira on various security interventions and from the feedback we receive, it is money well spent. Whilst we do not wish crime on any of our sister states, we are confident that the criminal fraternity that we met here in Ogun State, just 1 year ago, have now relocated given the firm “quit notice” we have issued to them. Ogun Standard in the area of security is the restoration of peace and respect for the rule of law across the state. At this stage, I wish to thank all those businesses and banks who contributed to the Security Trust Fund. The amount pledged and contributed is intact as we have not started making use of it. Environment Maintenance of our environment is a critical responsibility of government and is closely linked to public health. In this area we have made progress in designing waste management and waste handling processes that can ensure a clean and healthy environment for all.

We have also made in-roads in ending the practice of indiscriminate dumping of waste in public areas. To date, we have invested heavily in the much needed waste disposal equipment including 26 Tonne tipping trucks, Hydraulic hook loaders, 12 Tonne Difac Tippers and refuse compactors. To improve the aesthetics of our streets we have embarked on extensive landscaping and beautification projects. We have also engaged over 1000 additional street sweepers across the state to ensure cleanliness standards are maintained on our roads. We have instituted the monthly sanitation exercises and we are encouraged by the positive response of the people .

In the area of flood and erosion control we have acted to de-silt blocked drains and waterways. We have worked in flood prone areas across the state including Abeokuta, Sagamu, Ijebu Ode Iju ,Ota and Isheri among other areas. We are now working closely with the Ecological Fund to undertake a series of major flood control projects along our rivers. Let me state for the avoidance of doubt, that we have not received a kobo from the Ecological fund. Employment Generation Unemployment is a major challenge. When it affects our numerous youths, it becomes dangerous for the wellbeing for any society.

My pledge to create 10,000 new jobs was a genuine strategy to provide gainful employment and relieve this problem. It was also a policy initiative aimed at ensuring that we create the enabling environment for the private sector to drive job creation. I am particularly proud of the work done in the recruitment at State Government level in ensuring the diversity of candidates who were selected on merit and ability. The use of Ogun State website and wide distribution of forms, generated over 60,000 applications and ensured a transparent process. It remains very gladdening to hear from newly employed candidates who did not know anyone in the State Government but rather simply applied, passed their interviews and were offered positions. A transparent merit based employment processes is Ogun Standard. To date, we have directly employed and or empowered eleven thousand five hundred and four persons (11,504 ) and the process is ongoing.

Clearly it is not possible to employ everybody in white collar jobs; Civil service - 6,500 Ministry Of Environment - 1,600 Ministry of Health -900 Ministry of Agriculture -1,000 And we have empowered over 2000 through various schemes Indeed for employment to be sustainable and meaningful, there must be a clear rationale for creating new jobs We have now developed a database of 40,000 suitably qualified candidates which we routinely make available to new businesses seeking employees from Ogun State. In addition through the office of the First Lady programmes have been run to support unemployed graduates wishing to start their own businesses. Named “Uplifting the Unemployed Graduates” the programme involved over 1,250 young unemployed graduates who were given intensive training and essential equipment and a start up allowance to enable them start businesses in key service areas.

In our mission to rebuild Ogun State I believe that the State Government should not be the largest employer of labour. The private sector must be allowed to create jobs as this is the true measure of economic development. Indeed our mission is to pursue policies that will make Ogun State completely irresistible to those wishing to engage in any form of commercial enterprise, which will create long term employment. Investor Relations The determination to make Ogun State the first choice for business by attracting investors was the impetus behind our hosting the first Investors’ Forum here in Abeokuta on March 21st-22nd, 2012. At this conference, we declared our great state “Open for Business” and outlined a programme of incentives in land sales aimed at catalysing industrial development in the state.

I am pleased to inform you that we have been contacted by thousands of business owners from small entrepreneurs to multinational conglomerates, indeed we have been inundated. As you are all aware, within the last year, the President opened major plants in Ogun State including those of May and Baker, Lafarge and Dangote Cement. Well very soon Mr President may require a more permanent presence here in Ogun State because many more key businesses will be opening major plants in Ogun State. We have always been keen to see the growth of our small and medium sized enterprises. These businesses are the life-blood of our economy and they have the potential to create many job opportunities .

We are supporting such businesses with the development of industrial parks and incubation centres modelled after the one at Onijanganjangan, which are fully supported with water, power and access roads to enable them to thrive. This will be replicated in the three senatorial districts In addition, we have actively partnered with the Bank of Industry investing in a N1 billion naira fund which provides subsidised loans to businesses based in Ogun State. Already we have processed over 1000 applications and already 117 beneficiaries of this scheme have received cheques. We will provide the necessary support to make businesses competitive in the global market place This includes ensuring that our internal procurement processes give preference to local businesses where possible.

Our State Tenders Board is working on a process that will ensure this. Finance As you are all aware, there is no magic formula in managing a state’s finances. There must be a balance between income and expenditure. Much has already been said about the financial position we inherited and I will not belabour it here. Suffice it to say that from the distress we inherited, we have made considerable progress in re-engineering the finances of the state. By simultaneously increasing our income and reducing our outgoings we have created headroom to allow us to invest in the much needed infrastructure. We have put processes in place to ensure that salaries are paid on time.

We have begun to tackle the huge backlog of arrears especially those owed to civil servants who have served the state faithfully and who have retired without receiving their entitlements On the revenue side, I want to thank the good people of Ogun State for their responsiveness to our call for everyone to fulfil their civic responsibilities by paying their taxes. We are particularly encouraged by the response to the Residency Rule campaign in our borders. This has led to the addition of thousands of new tax payers, who were previously paying their taxes to other states. As a result of our Residency Rule Initiative and the deployment of technology to plug leakages, we have increased our IGR from an average of N742 million to the current average of N2bn billion per month. The speed of our development will be largely determined by the people’s willingness to partner with government for the good of all.

Conclusion This time last year I was completely humbled, stepping into the shoes of our founding fathers such as Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Chief Olabisi Onabanjo and our leader Aremo Olusegun Osoba. That day, I stood as a servant to the State that has contributed so much to this nation in every field of human endeavour. My simple prayer was that I would be able to convince you all that together we could rebuild this great state and restore her glory. I thank all of you sincerely for the support you have provided in propelling us forward. Everyone has played a role. Those who have supported us provided encouragement, those who criticised us constructively gave us perspective, even those who criticised us unfairly, have increased our determination to succeed.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Almighty God for this opportunity to serve and for his mercies and protection. I thank my wonderful and supportive wife, Mrs Olufunso Amosun. In addition to uplifting the aged, the widows and the unemployed graduates, there are many times when she uplifts me. I Thank You. I also sincerely thank my family, both immediate and extended, my friends and all well wishers. To the legislature here in Ogun State headed by the Right Honourable Speaker Prince Suraj Ishola Adekunbi, I thank you for the professional manner in which you discharge your duties. I equally thank our elected representatives in Abuja.

To the executive team, the Deputy Governor, Prince Segun Adesegun, the Secretary to the State Government , the Chief of Staff and his team. The Commissioners, Special Advisers, special Assistants, Heads of Boards and Parastatals. I thank you for your hard work. To the Head of Service, Mrs Adekunle and her team in the Civil and Public Service . I thank all of you for the supportive manner and your co-operation in the execution our policies and programmes. Conclusion We have only completed a year. The road has not been easy and I know that the journey ahead is a long one. I want to assure you that I have not forgotten that we were elected by the people and I do not take your support for granted.

My leadership style has always been to consult and obtain the consensus of the people. However, as your Governor, I will, at times have to take tough and unpopular decisions. I understand the risks of so doing, but more importantly, I understand the potential rewards of doing things in the best long term interests of the State to develop the true Ogun Standard even if there are short term discomforts. John F Kennedy once said that “The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were.” To truly create Ogun Standard we need to be bold and ambitious, we need to be utterly convinced that the future of this great state is an exciting one. I foresee a time, in the not too distant future, when this state will again be benchmark for all that is good about this nation. Be it in the quality of our education, our health services, our roads, our hosting of some of the biggest companies in the world. Indeed in any area that questions are asked on quality, competence, probity or transparency Ogun Standard will be the answer.

I want to you assure the good people of Ogun State that everything I do as your Governor will be driven by your needs and by the long term needs of this wonderful state. I will aim in my conduct and that of my administration to epitomise Ogun Standard. We will provide exemplary leadership will aim to redefine standards in public governance and administration. In return, our request to you the good people of Ogun State is that you support us fully in your prayers and with your cooperation as together we rebuild this great state. Thank you all for listening, and God bless. Senator Ibikunle Amosun FCA Governor, Ogun State,
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by SkyBlue1: 11:10am On Sep 18, 2012
If Jonathan has any sense at all he will simply put his head down, ignore all these talks and work on delivering on certain key areas. That is all. Nigerians are so used to hearing "we will", that any talks of "we have" during campaigning will in itself seem revolutionary. No greater campaign for sucess than someone being able to watch Lord of The Rings Trilogy straigh through without NEPA taking light. No "region" hates light and infrastructure (even though some elements might want to claim it is "haram" ). In fact if he just delivers on power he has probably won the election, no need to even campaign sef. Will I hold my breath though? No.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
@Desola.

Below is conclusive proof of "Nada" and "zero" achievements. Nothing some would love more than their propaganda to succeed so that the thieves who did nothing at all while in power return. I daresay they are gaining some success given the routine and ignorant "only Fashola is working" submission seen here daily. I only hope other Governors can do "nada" same as Amosun is doing. All I know is that we should endeavour not to let others , working with their own agenda, define the 'truth' for us when we can seek it for ourselves.

http://www.facebook.com/OgunIndicator/timeline

IBARA RENEWAL HOUSING ESTATE, PPP projects...Ogun State is working again!

6 APCs, 125 Patrol trucks, 1000 bullet proof vests, 500 helmets ready to be commissioned and put into use from tomorrow.

50 Nos. 18 Seater Buses for Intra State Transit.

40 meat vans to cater for the hygenic transportation of meat at abattoirs in Ogun State

A road construction commissioned at Remo North during the Governor's tour of Local Government Areas

Five (5) more brand new trucks purchased by the SIA led Government to aid effective disposal of refuse in Ogun State.

One of the Health Care Centres before it was renovated by the SIA led administration

Another Completely renovated Primary Healthcare Center in Ogun State

The SIA led government has commenced the construction of the Ogun State General Hospital Annex, NTA Road, Abeokuta. This is to decongest the main General hospital at Ijaiye, Abeokuta

Newly constructed road Off Majek Kembo street, Abeokuta

Newly constructed road just beside Daktad Hotel, Abeokuta
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
More "nada"

The five (5) 40ft trailers loaded with the brand new SCHNEIDER electric 500KVA 3 phase transformers being offloaded at the Arcade Ground Governor's office. When they are all delivered, the units will provide electrification support to all the 236 wards in Ogun State.

The Totoro Axis of the newly built road

Ogun State Bus Mass Transit Scheme (BMT) to be launched today at the Itaeko/Totoro/Sokori road.

Yes this is in OGUN STATE! A Mass Transit Bus stop on the Itaeko/Totoro/Sokori road. SIA noni

The Itaeko Axis of the newly built road

Metropolitan Bus Route Abeokuta..... Indeed things are getting better in Ogun State

HEALTH ON THE AGENDA - A PROMISE KEPT
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2012
More pictures showing "Nada".

Ogun State to roll out Bus Mass Transit (BMT)......another promise kept.

This government pays attention to every single detail. Bureau of Transport Officials re-marking our roads.

Academic Staff Union of Secondary Schools (ASSUS) via Ogun State Teaching Service Commission and the Ogun State Government today flagged off the 'One Teacher One New Car and Tricycle' campaign for all Secondary School teachers in Ogun State. God bless Ogun State.

As part of it's 5 cardinal programmes, the SIA led government right now is taking delivery of the N500million Agricultural equipment. Machines being delivered are 30 brand new MASSEY FERGUSON, 275 Tractors, 3 brand new CAT Bulldozers, 10 new Disc Plough with more deliveries expected at the Arcade Ground Oke Mosan. God bless Ogun State. — in Abeokuta, Ogun.

Ogun State Bus Mass Transit. A Government of the people, for the people and by the people.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by strangest(m): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
ACN is a party, Yorouba refers to a group of people.. That said.. I find it hard to believe anything that comes from ACN again, after Tinubu lied about a gold card invitation and the re/tar/d governors that followed him without investigating.. Well 2015, will tell

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ACN Candidate Akeredolu Casting His Ballot (Pic) / Sir Jude Emeka Idimogu The Man Of The People In Oshodi+isolo / List Of Buhari Cabal Members Compiled By Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.