Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,504 members, 7,781,536 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:26 PM

Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM (13496 Views)

Weapons Army Recovered From Boko Haram Sect In Borno. Photos / Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm / Kano Threatens To Sue Presidency, Abati For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by onomeasike: 1:22am On Sep 17, 2012
[b]Another Islamist Sect Surfaces In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Radio Station

Posted: September 17, 2012 - 00:43

By SaharaReporters, New York

A top security source in Kano has informed SaharaReporters that a group claiming to be an affiliate of Jama'atu Ahlis sunna Lida'awati wal ihad (popularly called Boko Haram) has threatened to bomb Cool FM 96.9, a radio station based in Kano, the capital of Kano State. The sect, which identified itself as Jama'atul Qatlul Kafir fi Sabilillahi, reportedly accused the radio station of being pro-Christian and anti-Islam.

SaharaReporters learnt that the sect dispatched a letter to the broadcaster accusing it of blaspheming Prophet Muhammad.

Our source, who is an official of the State Security Service (SSS), said his agency as well as other security agencies had started investigating the authenticity of the sect as well as the background of spokesman, Jaid Qariq Usman. Mr. Usman signed the letter that was sent to the station.

“We are working to establish if the sect truly exists so as to avoid a repeat of the January, 2012 attacks in which hundreds of people were killed in Kano,” said our source. He added that the agencies were working hard and had taken the threat letter seriously. “I cannot say much more in order not to jeopardize our investigations,” the source told our correspondent.

An official of the radio station made the text of the letter available to SaharaReporters. The highly ungrammatical letter is reproduced below, unedited:

“As we embark on fresh attacks to commemorate the insult done to our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SWT) .This is hereby warning you/alerting your station that you might be affected due to some disregard attitudes towards Islam and our people. Reports came to us that your stations are Christian inclined and we made our investigations to ascertaining that.

There are some people among you that fall in our target list as we noted their CAN membership and they shall expect our wrath in a short-while, but for now.

We warn you. We also forewarn our Muslim brothers in the station not to be involved in any act of offence to Islam and that they should limit their movements into the stations to avoid being affected.

We once again commend the jihad of our brothers in Libya that killed an American envoy and some non Muslims; It is indeed an act worthy of commendation and adoption.”
[/b]

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/another-islamist-sect-surfaces-kano-threatens-bomb-radio-station
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:04am On Sep 17, 2012
Terrorists: always the ediots.

1 Like

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by ektbear: 2:25am On Sep 17, 2012
can anything good come from that part of the world

3 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 17, 2012
I am not surprised!
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by onomeasike: 2:50am On Sep 17, 2012
they are now on stage two of the power struggle.The sad part is tha GEJ can never match them tactic-for-tactic.The focus should be how to prevent this kind of expensive power struggle in our nation's annals.Methinks,if the north succeeds in arresting power through this approach,same approach would be deployed to wrestle back power from them and the blood letting continues.We need strong moral leaders who can connect to the average Nigerian,the future of this country is dim and it may not withstand any more of this kind of power struggle in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by okosodo: 6:53am On Sep 17, 2012
which kind terrorist, na hausa/ fulani for their usual way to want to kill christians for nothing
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 17, 2012
Y on earth is coolFM andothers in Kano fo Christ sake? I think all modern institutions should vacate that part of the country.

4 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by excondido(m): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2012
cool fm in kano? they are in harms way already.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Super1759: 8:05am On Sep 17, 2012
As if I knew,I said it in the other tread. The foolish cow-men and gworo eaters will now have another reason to attack again.
Na coolFM be US abii the producer of the flim owns coo FM? Or did coolFM play the flim?
Truly water don pass garri. We need US help now
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by onatisi(m): 8:59am On Sep 17, 2012
onomeasike: they are now on stage two of the power struggle.The sad part is tha GEJ can never match them tactic-for-tactic.The focus should be how to prevent this kind of expensive power struggle in our nation's annals.Methinks,if the north succeeds in arresting power through this approach,same approach would be deployed to wrestle back power from them and the blood letting continues.We need strong moral leaders who can connect to the average Nigerian,the future of this country is dim and it may not withstand any more of this kind of power struggle in the future.
it has already been predicted by some many intellectuals that nigeria is very fast becoming a failed state.the problem is not about gej the problem is about the structure of this so called federlism until a national confab is conveyed with all ethnic groups and deciding on how the nation is to be governed,i dont see any end to this violence and just like u said if the north wins with this strategy what stops another group from using it.precedence would have been set as the case of niger delta everyone now believes that if fg can dialogue with niger delta militants why not bh ,soon another group will emerge

2 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Super1759: 9:06am On Sep 17, 2012
Boko haram changed named just like some people in NL. E.g rhino grin

1 Like

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by onatisi(m): 9:10am On Sep 17, 2012
with the way things are going ,MANY GROUPS WILL EMERGE NOT ONLY ONE GROUP ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY EACH ONE MAKING ONE STUPID DEMAND OR ANOTHER
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Landcruiser: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2012
This people r so dump
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 17, 2012
Religion of peace indeed.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Okijajuju1(m): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2012
Before I waste my bandwidth writing a comment on this thread that might end up being deleted, Can the Mod in Charge please clearly state the rules and statute of limitaion of this thread.. I will hate to express how I genuinely feel only to have my post deleted in the end..

3 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by honeric01(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2012
Super1759: Boko haram changed named just like some people in NL. E.g rhino grin

Their name was never boko haram, US gave them that name since they seem to know them more than we do.

1 Like

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Tobiustobius: 9:54am On Sep 17, 2012
Isn't this what is being fiercely debated on the other thread? Cool FM has "disregard attitude" towards the Prophet, therefore, attack the station? People arguing that Islam is a religion of peace are on some seriously long ish.

2 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by passionate88: 9:55am On Sep 17, 2012
This people funny die... These words are coming from the adherents of the "peaceful" religion... They do it like division of labour... One sect make d threath, another carry it out, while the few denounce their members in public nd say it's nt religious rather it's political... nd wn the month is up, they get paid... Or if u die trying, ur virgins are waiting 4 u up there... F.O.O.L.S...

8 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Ariyke: 9:55am On Sep 17, 2012
won tun tide ki Eledumare gba wa lowo won

1 Like

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by erniok(m): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2012
A madman will always look for a reason to fight.

1 Like

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by executinal(m): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2012
Fools.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Skywalker5(m): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2012
There they go again. always feel they are being opressed
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by 1shortblackboy: 10:00am On Sep 17, 2012
So they want to bomb d station because they're christian inclined ? Just imagine !! Wat is wrong with these people !!
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Duxe(f): 10:00am On Sep 17, 2012
Erm...the usual story! Only difference, these 1ns have been forewarned. And 2 be forewarned,i learnt in english, is 2 be forearmed!

Non-muslim coolfm staff/ CAN members, time 2 run 4 your life or write your will n be prepared 2 meet your maker! Your choice!
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by ecode1(m): 10:00am On Sep 17, 2012
Another Islamist Sect Surfaces In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Radio Station

Posted: September 17, 2012 - 00:43

By SaharaReporters, New York

A top security source in Kano has informed SaharaReporters that a group claiming to be an affiliate of Jama'atu Ahlis sunna Lida'awati wal ihad (popularly called Boko Haram) has threatened to bomb Cool FM 96.9, a radio station based in Kano, the capital of Kano State. The sect, which identified itself as Jama'atul Qatlul Kafir fi Sabilillahi, reportedly accused the radio station of being pro-Christian and anti-Islam.

SaharaReporters learnt that the sect dispatched a letter to the broadcaster accusing it of blaspheming Prophet Muhammad.

Our source, who is an official of the State Security Service (SSS), said his agency as well as other security agencies had started investigating the authenticity of the sect as well as the background of spokesman, Jaid Qariq Usman. Mr. Usman signed the letter that was sent to the station.

“We are working to establish if the sect truly exists so as to avoid a repeat of the January, 2012 attacks in which hundreds of people were killed in Kano,” said our source. He added that the agencies were working hard and had taken the threat letter seriously. “I cannot say much more in order not to jeopardize our investigations,” the source told our correspondent.

An official of the radio station made the text of the letter available to SaharaReporters. The highly ungrammatical letter is reproduced below, unedited:

“As we embark on fresh attacks to commemorate the insult done to our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SWT) .This is hereby warning you/alerting your station that you might be affected due to some disregard attitudes towards Islam and our people. Reports came to us that your stations are Christian inclined and we made our investigations to ascertaining that.

There are some people among you that fall in our target list as we noted their CAN membership and they shall expect our wrath in a short-while, but for now.

We warn you. We also forewarn our Muslim brothers in the station not to be involved in any act of offence to Islam and that they should limit their movements into the stations to avoid being affected.

We once again commend the jihad of our brothers in Libya that killed an American envoy and some non Muslims; It is indeed an act worthy of commendation and adoption.”

SMH at the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by islamisfake: 10:00am On Sep 17, 2012
passionate88: This people funny die... These words are coming from the adherents of the "peaceful" religion...

Whenever I hear "peaceful religion" in reference to islam, I can do nothing but laugh.

9 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Csami(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2012
Nigeria will be a better place without this animals and their religion. RELIGION OF PISS

2 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by ndlife: 10:02am On Sep 17, 2012
[/color] dem don start abi angry[color=#990000]
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Afam4eva(m): 10:03am On Sep 17, 2012
Okija_juju: Before I waste my bandwidth writing a comment on this thread that might end up being deleted, Can the Mod in Charge please clearly state the rules and statute of limitaion of this thread.. I will hate to express how I genuinely feel only to have my post deleted in the end..
You see, that's thing. There are really no rules. The mods just use their discretion to ban whoever and whatever they want.

2 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2012
No one has the right to take another man's life. When a muslim dies u hear words like Allah giveth, Allah taketh. Why have these muslims
changed it to Allah giveth, muslims Taketh(albeit gruesomely)

6 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2012
Okija_juju: Before I waste my bandwidth writing a comment on this thread that might end up being deleted, Can the Mod in Charge please clearly state the rules and statute of limitaion of this thread.. I will hate to express how I genuinely feel only to have my post deleted in the end..

By the power vested in me by the laws of Nairaland, I hereby give u the right to express how u genuinely feel......

1 Like

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by stepo707: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2012
Muslims<<<<<<Terrorists sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shekarau Might Emerge APC Presidential Flag-Bearer In 2015 / Atiku Sends Condolence Message As Elrufai Brother Dies / Shehu Sani Reveals What Must Be Done Before Creation Of State Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.