Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,127 members, 7,807,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho (6191 Views)

Diezani Was Not Arrested, Only Invited, Says Family / Buhari Was Not Arrested: The True Story / Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by mukina2: 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
In a chat with The Guardian yesterday, Ihenacho said that on Thursday, September 13, 2012, the management of the company was shocked over the vicious invasion of their tank farm facility at Ibafon by a group of uniformed armed men, numbering about 30 and purporting themselves to be acting on the orders and instructions of the Director General of NIMASA and the Managing Director of a private company, GWVSL, Chief Government Ekpemupolo, popularly known as Tompolo.

In the course of the invasion, he stated that the intruders ransacked the entire tank farm complex, arresting and violently manhandling the workers at the complex, laying them flat on the floor and seizing their hand sets after which four members of staff of the company were abducted and taken to NIMASA for interrogation and have since been transferred to the SSS office at Shangisha where they are currently held in-communicado.

According to him, “On September 14, 2012, I was abducted and taken to NIMASA. This is because if you say I was arrested, there are some people who have duty and the power to arrest. But if you don’t have the duty and the power and you have some gun, you can abduct somebody.

“I was kept for several hours at NIMASA before the matter was subsequently transferred to the Lagos State Command of the State Security Service (SSS). In all of these, no formal notification as to the course of the attack on our tank farm or the siege on our businesses was ever made known to us.

“ I want the Federal Government and the national security establishment to quickly review the propriety of the unprecedented development of an armed unit within the NIMASA organisation. The armed unit at NIMASA could very well be said to be a private army, which is now being used for personal political purposes other than for Nigerian maritime capacity development.

“As at today (yesterday), the people that invaded our tank farm have actually taken over the place and have not vacated it, notwithstanding the fact that all the equipment, personal properties of people and other facilities cannot be accounted for now.

“We thought that if the Police or SSS, government agencies and others wanted to take over a place, they will do that with people who are working there to maintain the status quo.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98972:i-was-abducted-not-arrested-says-ex-minister&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
White lie... You can tell that to the gods, we await the trial date
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Okijajuju1(m): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
I worked for NIMASA in 2009 in CALABAR However, I never knew they had the powers to arrest anybody.. Maybe the Nigerian Navy attached to NIMASA did the arrest.. Only the NAVY carries weapons within NIMASA..
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Jboy5050(m): 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
grin lol
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Afam4eva(m): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2012
lol grin grin grin
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Dee60: 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
Tell us why they abducted you please.
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by misreal(m): 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
hm lucky say dem neva slap him mouth scatter
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by 2mch(m): 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
grin grin grin grin

Well we cant say he was ever arrested or been to jail. You Nigerian's have no proof here. tongue. I truly believe Nigerian Police abduct people for no reason. So if anyone gets "arrested" please say you were abducted. They will just come and say, "Oya, police station"
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
2mch: grin grin grin grin

Well we cant say he was ever arrested or been to jail. You Nigerian's have no proof here. tongue
Where did the issue of proof come from? Let's not just throw words anyhow. Let's think before we talk.
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by 2mch(m): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:
Where did the issue of proof come from? Let's not just throw words anyhow. Let's think before we talk.

You again. I tell you Afam, your days are numbered. Na hypertension get you.
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by a1solution: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
As far the arrest was not initially carried out by authorized agency no matter the offense the guy would be free from all charges. It’s just like people that use JTF to make arrest instead of going to police for complaint.
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
2mch:

You again. I tell you Afam, your days are numbered. Na hypertension get you.
My days are numbered simply because i tried to guide you? Do you want to assasinate me because of nairaland? What have i done to you?
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by alkadriyar(m): 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
Can this change the story?
"Abducted or arrested"
non of the above is honouring abeg. No take english decive us.
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by fankasibe: 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
Wedà na arrest abi abortion....just pray there is no accidental discharge.
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by 2mch(m): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:
My days are numbered simply because i tried to guide you? Do you want to assasinate me because of nairaland? What have i done to you?

You are sounding alarm. So hypertension = Assasination. I see your baby sitter in the creche has abandoned her duties. Go and ask her for another bottle or sand to eat. cool
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
2mch:

You are sounding alarm. So hypertension = Assasination. I see your baby sitter in the creche has abandoned her duties. Go and ask her for another bottle or sand to eat. cool
Don't worry, it's a gradual process. You'll get there one day. I'm just taming you for the future.
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by erniok(m): 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
Nigeria is just a jungle. Na today security operatives start to dey abduct the inhabitants of the jungle?
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Orikinla(m): 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2012
ogbeche77: White lie... You can tell that to the gods, we await the trial date

How can a democratic government send an ex-militant Chief Government Ekpemupolo, popularly known as Tompolo after a bona fide responsible citizen of Nigeria? Is Tompolo now in charge of the police and SSS?

GEJ thinks Emmanuel Ihenacho is James Ibori?

They have turned Nigeria into a banana republic?
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
exactly, it's all about English! grin
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
Orikinla:

How can a democratic government send an ex-militant Chief Government Ekpemupolo, popularly known as Tompolo after a bona fide responsible citizen of Nigeria? Is Tompolo now in charge of the police and SSS?

GEJ thinks Emmanuel Ihenacho is James Ibori?

They have turned Nigeria into a banana republic?
Banana Republic... That's a long time ago, did u just realized ni?
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Ganys: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2012
NIGERIA...Where Ex Criminals are Saluted By Police & Law abiding Citizen are Molested..
Next pls
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by iskonne(m): 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
fankasibe: Wedà na arrest abi abortion....just pray there is no accidental discharge.

shocked"abortion" ke?
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by takedat(m): 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
Watched his interview on Channels tv this morning.Though dis man might not be a saint but this move by NIMASA looks like a witch hunt.
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by obuksjr(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
I weep for my dear country Nigeria,where everything goes.Imagine Government Tompolo,the hunted is now the hunter.
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by LAX89(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
All I can say is; 'BUHARI for 2015', and all these nonsense in Nigeria will END!
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by Bukkyade: 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2012
LAX89: All I can say is; 'BUHARI for 2015', and all these nonsense in Nigeria will END!
In ur dreams

1 Like

Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by LAX89(m): 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2012
Bukkyade:
In ur dreams

You're more than welcome to stay with Jonathan and boko haram, kidnapping and the endemic, systemic corruption as it exists now. Enjoy it!
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by basisop(m): 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
Guy, go settle Tompolo.
Re: I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho by dafman10(m): 11:28am On Sep 18, 2012
afam4eva:

hahahahahaha afam d guy dey threaten u?

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To The Leader of IPOB - Nnamdi Kanu. Video!!! / 10 Cities With The Fastest Growing Infrastructure In The Niger Delta States. / Lagos To Begin Embedded Power Project In July 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.