Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,010 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos (12886 Views)

Employees Set On Fire House Of Chinese Boss / 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria / Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by walata2011(m): 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
Orikinla: Such things cannot go without proper police investigation in any country with a government.
l hope this story won't end just in the social cycle. A thorough investigation should be instituted to know the cause of their death and if the Chinkos are found culpable, they should face the full wrath of the law.
It is the government responsibilities to protect the citizens.
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by sammie4real: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
Please spell out the name of the companies... if Dana Airline crash incident was noticed by everyone, some people might have hidden their name all in the name of anonymity... who knows who it might affect next
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by Abbycite(m): 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
Before we jump into conclusion....let's reason because d story have a lot of qustion begging to be answered.
1) Are d victims employees of d company?
2) Is that pool a public swimming pool?
3) What is d depth of d pool?
I ask these questions because it looked absurd for two grown up to have accidentally drown in a normal size pool at d same time. And also, a pool is a wrong place to dump bodies if they are allegedly killed by d Chinese. Anything could have happen....

I can't just shake d feelings dat something is wrong with d water at d time of their death (I may be wrong)

1 Like

Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by SisiKill1: 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
Ughhhhh!!!!

Posts like these should include a warning naaa!!

Not everyone has a macabre desire to start off their day by looking at pictures of the dead!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by gandkiss: 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2012
lipsrsealed THEIR PARENTS SHOULD INVOKE THEIR SPIRIT TO TORMENT DIA KILLERS
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by EvilBrain1(m): 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
35 posts and not a single person has suggested doing an autopsy.

I fear for this country.
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2012
Nigerian police should take a sample of the water, check the CCTV's around the company making sure its not deleted.cos Chinese like to install CCTV in their offices.if it was only one person we might be saying he hit his head on something, but since its two grown men something is either wrong with the water all they were thrown into the water after been killed. or the Chinese did cos they are not suppose to swim in their pool.
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by robosapien(m): 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
Taking a critical look at this pictures, I could conclude that these guys were murdered before they were thrown into the pool. I base my conclusion on the following reasons:
1. If they had accidentally drowned as their foolish murder(s) had led us to believe, they would be afloat as at the time they were found.

2. The posture of the victims does suggest that they struggled before their death.

3. If they indeed drowned, their belly, lungs, arteries, would be swollen due to excess fluids in their system, which would have made them float.
Did any one, or am I the only one seeing that the second victims belly is so dried up that even the definition of his belly muscles are visible?
What is the first things you do to a drowned victim? I believe it is to squeeze the fluid out of their belly and lungs by applying force to the chest and belly region. So this is a very convincing fact that these guys did not drown.

4. From the picture, that pool doesn't look like a grown men such as these guys would have drowned in a pool not up to 5 feet in dept...

I could keep going on and on, but I guess this is convincing enough. An autopsy will probably be a good idea.
I am a scuba diver and I do know a lot about indoor and outdoor injuries and water accidents. My facts are arguable and please feel free to leave your comments.

3 Likes

Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by thehomer: 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
donlyone: is it a steel company? Here in Ikorodu, people die on weekly basis in steel companies belonging to the INDIANs and CHINEESE. People I know who work with these companies claim they've seen SHRINES where they work.
The deaths are usually caused by negligence some of which are so unforgivable they cause riots, and then the police move in to protect the foreign nationals

So why don't the workers or those who are concerned push for an enforcement of the existing regulations? Or the creation of regulations to protect these workers? Blaming Indians and Chinese won't solve the problem, Nigerians doing what is right will.
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by unekwubaby: 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
executinal: @Op why display dead body here na. Don't you have respect for the dead?? angry angry
Naija rituals is nothing compare to Chinese, US etc. I was told by one of my cousin brother working with one Chinese factory in Lagos, that during their end of year party or closing ceremony, they will kill pig, and use the blood of the pig to rob all their factory machine and light red candle on the head of the pig and carry out some incantation and request that if you eat part of the pig head, they will give you 2000 naira cash. Trust naija some of them comply but at the end what happen........

It was done at WEMCO last year,my brother told me the story
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by Clemzy16(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
They shouldn't just sweep this case inside the carpet. It should be thoroughly investigated. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by livingstoneony(m): 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
Now we all see y dem japs are fighting the chinkos...
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by kannymoore(m): 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
undecidedHas anyone thought if maybe it may be as a result of a bad diving accident? One might have struck his head rather badly while diving headfirst into the pool...perhaps after sighting his already drowned friend...?!

Stranger things have happened though. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by Kashamannie: 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
God wil nt let dem go free they'l perish in hell
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by 0ldirty: 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2012

The body is already showing signs of rigor-mortis which commences between 3 -4hrs after death and will begin to relapse after 60hrs by which time the body begins bloating. The first picture shows the bodies at the bottom of the pool which points to the fact that the bodies had already began to experience rigor mortis. Drowned victims rarely show signs of rigormortis until 12hrs or more and will naturally float to the surface so this means the bodies were planted. Also the speed of rigor mortis is usually sped up by ambient temperature, warmer temperatures speed up the process. The pool temperature will be cooler than outside say 22-25 degree Celsius thus rigor mortis should not have set in so quickly. Finally, the raised arm shows that the body died on it's back. The blood from the nose will indicate trauma or poisoning or even suffocation.

We got ourselves a murder scene here

4 Likes

Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by executinal(m): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
unekwubaby:

It was done at WEMCO last year,my brother told me the story
Yes you are very corect
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by robosapien(m): 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
0l'dirty:

The body is already showing signs of rigor-mortis which commences between 3 -4hrs after death and will begin to relapse after 60hrs by which time the body begins bloating. The first picture shows the bodies at the bottom of the pool which points to the fact that the bodies had already began to experience rigor mortis. Drowned victims rarely show signs of rigormortis until 12hrs or more and will naturally float to the surface so this means the bodies were planted. Also the speed of rigor mortis is usually sped up by ambient temperature, warmer temperatures speed up the process. The pool temperature will be cooler than outside say 22-25 degree Celsius thus rigor mortis should not have set in so quickly. Finally, the raised arm shows that the body died on it's back. The blood from the nose will indicate trauma or poisoning or even suffocation.

We got ourselves a murder scene here

Exactly! these were the points I was trying to make.

1 Like

Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by 0ldirty: 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2012
robosapien:

Exactly! these were the points I was trying to make.

I would have wrapped this case up within 24hrs

1 Like

Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by neeyee88: 12:19am On Sep 19, 2012
RIP...I think we need JACK BAUER! This is so so depressing.
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by pwash: 12:37am On Sep 19, 2012
After reading it i feel so sad n weak may dear soul rest in peace
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by Pain(m): 5:30am On Sep 19, 2012
This case is too serious to withold the company name. Enough of the lack of transparency common in Nigerian Media. The rule is if you can't disclose, don't report!
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by kagel: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2012
pharuk: [size=16pt]Too Sensitive to be in Front page, we have kids....

Abeg remove from front page and hide it somewhere[/size]

what do u mean by u have kids? what does kids got to do with this.
mtcheeeeeeew!!
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by pharuk: 9:05am On Sep 19, 2012
kagel:

what do u mean by u have kids? what does kids got to do with this.
mtcheeeeeeew!!

There are underaged kids that log into nairaland, there are other topics that attract diff categories of age bracket (thats why the site is popular)

Having this on the front page will be what they see
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by onyxo76(m): 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
you got it spot on...but even if its murder like we all suspect,will the guilty party be jailed?
robosapien: Taking a critical look at this pictures, I could conclude that these guys were murdered before they were thrown into the pool. I base my conclusion on the following reasons:
1. If they had accidentally drowned as their foolish murder(s) had led us to believe, they would be afloat as at the time they were found.

2. The posture of the victims does suggest that they struggled before their death.

3. If they indeed drowned, their belly, lungs, arteries, would be swollen due to excess fluids in their system, which would have made them float.
Did any one, or am I the only one seeing that the second victims belly is so dried up that even the definition of his belly muscles are visible?
What is the first things you do to a drowned victim? I believe it is to squeeze the fluid out of their belly and lungs by applying force to the chest and belly region. So this is a very convincing fact that these guys did not drown.

4. From the picture, that pool doesn't look like a grown men such as these guys would have drowned in a pool not up to 5 feet in dept...

I could keep going on and on, but I guess this is convincing enough. An autopsy will probably be a good idea.
I am a scuba diver and I do know a lot about indoor and outdoor injuries and water accidents. My facts are arguable and please feel free to leave your comments.
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by onyxo76(m): 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
you got it spot on...but even if its murder like we all suspect,will the guilty party be jailed?
robosapien: Taking a critical look at this pictures, I could conclude that these guys were murdered before they were thrown into the pool. I base my conclusion on the following reasons:

Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by toprealman: 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
2mch:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-WKyOyoefGMQ/UFcGm4CYiwI/AAAAAAAAOfA/Y3oy4oea-sQ/s640/ch1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-8Gd8CjMaIpI/UFcHFhd8HRI/AAAAAAAAOfI/yu6W-ACimSE/s640/ch2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-BoHVH_d8_70/UFcHG_MBlLI/AAAAAAAAOfQ/aD7avokqAfQ/s640/ch3.jpg[/img]

His brother worked with a Chinese company in Ikeja (name witheld), and he worked at the factory sometime last week, and slept over. His where about could not be determined till the following evening, where his body and that of his friend were found inside the company's swimming pool with blood coming out of their ears, nostrils, and mouth.

To my best of knowledge (i lost a brother to the pool, i.e got drowned). When a human drowns blood does not come out from those places, what we suspect is foul play, perhaps they must have seen or heard something they were not supposed to see or hear, or perhaps the company is into shady deals.

http://topeorekoya..com/2012/09/graphic-pictures-nigerian-workers-die.html
Any update as per this story?
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by Horus(m): 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
shadeltec:
Appears these guys must have been dead before they got into the water or simply put they did not die of drowning, having two of them dead at the same time raises suspicion of murder.
May God save us from this people.

You are right, he was killed before and they put the body into the water to make it seem as a drowning
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by whywhyogun: 6:28am On Apr 03, 2017
as far as i know, there is no chinese factory in Ikeja with a swimming pool .

it is too expensive for the land .

the chinese will build bigger factories in ogun free trading zone if they earn enough money in Ikeja.
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by Ramaa(m): 8:05am On Apr 03, 2017
I hate chinese guyz.....i like to see them dies
Re: Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos by Jakumo(m): 7:33am On Jun 03, 2020
Pool lights have been known to electrify the entire pool, such that anyone who enters the pool dies instantly. This has occurred in the past, and is a possibility in this instance. A close inspection of the pool lighting wiring, will rule in or rule out this possibility.

That said, the Chinese nationals sent to colonize and exploit Africa, have demonstrated a very deep hatred for black people, and as such would not hesitate to murder Africans, if they chance to evade culpability for such killings, appeared to exist in the mind of the highly racist Chinese national with murder on their mind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Militia Sacks Rafin Kada In Taraba, Kills Many / Two Nigerian Women Battle In Ireland Court Over Threat To Life / She Dumped Me Because I'm A Yahoo Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.