Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

If You Were The President Of Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President Of Nigeria. (7950 Views)

Poll: WHO IS YOUR PRESIDENT? NO RIGGING PLEASE

TOSHMANN: 9% (2 votes)
NOETIC: 28% (6 votes)
ADAMUGO: 4% (1 vote)
FAKETAN: 28% (6 votes)
I-MAN: 19% (4 votes)
DAVIDYLAN: 9% (2 votes)
URYSPY: 0% (0 votes)
TOYINRAYO: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Ten Things I Would Do If I Were The President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 13, 2008
faketan:

Anyway how will you bring Nigeria on her feet again?

I'm glad Nigerians are asking questions. Nigerians are hungry for experienced leadership, they are thirsty for progress, they yearn . . . not for change but for a radical direction in governance.
To get Nigeria on her feet again is an ardous task but one that can and must be done . . . the first assignment to tackle will be to make our power company more efficient . . . deregulate the energy sector and actively pursue private sector participation in developing our own source of nuclear power.

Nigerians for long have depended on importation of refined petroleum products . . . with me in power this will be a thing of the past. The National health insurance scheme that has laid moribund for yrs needs to be resurrected, affordable healthcare for all within our first 2 yrs in office is a priority.

Hope and dreams are all good but it takes a lot more than dreaming about the next flight to Pluto to tackle the monster of under-development.

Vote Davidylan for Experience and the determination to deliver!
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 12:54am On Jan 13, 2008
That's a great one David.

Yes let's leave pluto for I-man alone.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by doyin13(m): 12:58am On Jan 13, 2008
On Specific policy proposals:

I think one urgent matter that needs to be addressed is that of all the shit in our major cities. . .

Our citizens have shown a precocious talent in delivering poo at choice spots in our overcrowded cities. . .making you wonder why they complain
of hunger in the first place.

I suggest we reinstate the regime of the 60's night soil men who cleaned up all this mess. . .choice destination for all this shit hopefully collected has to be the North after all they are bereft of any natural resources

I want to emphasise my credentials in addressing this shit epidemic.

My experience dates back to a very young age when we had prayer meetings with my Aunty. She was a very religious farter. . . grin
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 13, 2008
@ Faketan . . . one vote down. Tell your friends . . . we will defeat these teleprompters!  grin

Yes we can
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 1:12am On Jan 13, 2008
***RAISE MY HANDS*** I have questions for those potential Nigerian presidents (Davidylan, I-man, Sly, and faketan, also others) at below:

(1) What about Foreign Trade Policy for Nigerian?

(2) What about Human Rights? Disability Laws?

(3) How can you improve technology such as database system, broadband, other telecommunication? What about relay service for hearing impaired telephone callers as well as foreigners?(if you know what relay service is?)

(4) How can you improve Economic here?

(5) What about Energy Policy with the emphasis of renewable energy solution?

I want to hear your answers or plans---since I cannot vote any of them because I am not a Nigerian.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Iman3(m): 1:20am On Jan 13, 2008
@usupry1

You want a serious answer or an Obamesque answer ? grin
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 1:44am On Jan 13, 2008
I-man:

@usupry1

You want a serious answer or an Obamesque answer ? grin

Very funny - - - Obamesque answer---I don't vote any kind of elections---because i don't trust dirty politic all my life!

I want your answers on following my questions above if you all were Nigeria President. Be Creative!!!
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 1:54am On Jan 13, 2008
usupry1,

Foreign trade will be such that the public is not stretched and our industries protected.
Human rights issues will be given a great deal of attention.
The masses will be educated on what is their right and disability laws will be made active

Technological improvement will be encouraged by making the environment condusive for our expert who are presently abraod to come home. We have in all aspects.

Economic improvement embraces most of the questions you asked which I have answered and I have also elaborated in my previous post.
Energy= will be my priority. prinate power stations will be encouraged so that they will compete with NEPA.
@Noetic
lol not trying to steal ideas
@D-relaoded. Ok
- I will make the masses opinion count.
- create a website where the financial dealings of the government will be displayed for public access.
- build at least 4 functional refineries.
- make the universities research oriented
-make sure that research findings are translated into products
- I will modify the certificate driven emplyement system to one of ability, potential and experience determined recruitment system
-The curricullums of the primary and sec school will be such that motivate individuals towards the utilization of God given potentials
-I will try as much as I can to de-emphasize money and enthrone respect for intellectual achievement and integrity. I can go on.
- Constant power generation will be a priority as this will enhance industrialization and create jobs. Crimes level will come down
-The police will have a good welfare system, equiped and motivated. Their forensic department will be updated.
With all these on ground, the roads will be reconstructed and all other infrastructural development will follow suit.
I will increase the derivation fund to the Niger delta to 25 %
But then I will reduce the contries dependence on oil from 80% to 40%. I will try to build a knowledge and technology based economy and create funds for scholarships for the best brains. The educational in fact will be repositioned.
Social security will be introduced.
The Agricultural sector will will be revamped.
Finally I will surround myself with motivated advisers who share the enthusaism I have for the country. I will a round peg in a round whole.
that's my earlier post
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by darfur(m): 1:58am On Jan 13, 2008
massive education. education is the key. educated people can build the nation.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 13, 2008
uspry1:

Very funny - - - Obamesque answer---I don't vote any kind of elections---because i don't trust dirty politic all my life!

I want your answers on following my questions above if you all were Nigeria President. Be Creative!!!

you want the ideas of a corrupt dreamer with multiple IDs who's primary "hope" is to land a Nigerian on a non-existent planet? grin
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Iman3(m): 2:02am On Jan 13, 2008
uspry1:

(1) What about Foreign Trade Policy for Nigerian?

Create and expand free trade zones throughout the African region. I don't know whether ECOWAS is a free trade region but it certainly should be,we should join with COMESA and the other regional bodies to create a continent-wide free trade zone.

Continue to lower trade tarrifs.There is a misconception that lower tarriffs undermine the economy by crushing local manufacturing but lower tarrifs also lower inflation and encourage emphasis on areas where we have competitive advantage.

We could have exceptions for a sector like textile but broadly speaking,we should lower our tarriffs.

(2) What about Human Rights? Disability Laws?

We already have a comprehensive human rights legal regime.We simply need to implement them.That takes years of effecting a sea change in attitude across board.If our President lays emphasis on it,he could set the ball rolling.

We actually need to enact more disability laws.Here,we have very little on our statute books in that regard,it does reflect a cultural insensitivity.Like the above,implementation will be a problem but with a determination at the highest level to effect change,there will be a gradual shift in cultural attitudes towards a more disability-friendly environment.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 2:03am On Jan 13, 2008
darfur:

massive education. education is the key. educated people can build the nation.
you are right. Education does not only imply going to school.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Iman3(m): 2:09am On Jan 13, 2008
davidylan:

you want the ideas of a corrupt dreamer with multiple IDs who's primary "hope" is to land a Nigerian on a non-existent planet? grin

That is what they said when Balewa first announced his plan to land a man on Mount Cameroon.Go ask Neil Dogonyaro and Buzz Effiong how they raised our Green-White-Green on the above mountain.

What started as a mere dream became reality.You have to have a vision for the future in order to create a better society.That is why my constant dreams mark me out as one who offers the best for the future of our great nation.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:15am On Jan 13, 2008
why don't you lead by example? Start sweeping and we may follow. 
Dont just sit in Aso Rock expecting us to sweep the streets.

As I said before environmental sanitation. Whether I sweep or reside in Aso rock do not concern anybody especially davidylan tongue. But God help the human being that I give a job to do and you did not do it.

Anyway I don't want to be president but I can settle for Minister of Women Affairs cool
This would be my main focus:

Punishment  for every rapist   angryand wife basher   angrymight be through castration, imprisonment with heavy beatings angry cool

No woman no cry, no woman no cry cool
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 2:16am On Jan 13, 2008
yea it is good to dream independent dreams but you should be able to sell your dreams to other cos not evreryone will be as optimistic as you are.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 2:18am On Jan 13, 2008
stillwater:

As I said before environmental sanitation. Whether I sweep or reside in Aso rock do not concern anybody especially davidylan tongue. But God help the human being that I give a job to do and you did not do it.
Anyway I don't want to be president but I can settle for Minister of Women Affairs cool
This would be my main focus:

Punishment for every rapist angryand wife basher angrymight be through castration, imprisonment with heavy beatings angry cool

No woman no cry, no woman no cry cool

Another Maggie Thatcher
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:21am On Jan 13, 2008
stillwater:

another bureaucratic burden on the tax payers that i will do away with as soon as i am elected President.

My administration is one of action . . . there will be no frills and thrills, no sacred cows, no sleepy dreams, no empty hopes. I may read scripted speeches and i may shed a few tears along this campaign trail but you can not discount the values of experience and the strength of character required to lead our great nation.

God bless Nigeria. Vote Davidylan . . . experience2008
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 13, 2008
another bureaucratic burden on the tax payers that i will do away with as soon as i am elected President.

Those who have tried have fallen victim to unseen forces cool cool cool
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Iman3(m): 2:27am On Jan 13, 2008
uspry1:

(3) How can you improve technology such as database system, broadband, other telecommunication? What about relay service for hearing impaired telephone callers as well as foreigners?(if you know what relay service is?)

With regards to our telecoms infrastructure generally,I think the Govt should re-invest proceeds from the sale of licenses into the sector. You need a reliable and efficient telecoms sector to facilitate economic growth.

Further deregulation is important to push communication costs down.I would actually prefer it if we granted tax-exempt status to ISPs and allow tariff free importation of telecoms equipment.The current level of internet usage in Nigeria is deplorable.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend Govt investment in such relay services but if there is low private-sector interest,perhaps that would be worth looking into.However,if there is market for it,my recommended incentives for the telecoms sector would encourage private-sector investment in that regard.

(4) How can you improve Economic here?

Slash the corporate tax rate to 10%. Privatise all the remaining Govt enterprises and deregulate the downstream petroleum sector-allow the price of fuel to be market driven.Fight corruption and slash the size of the public sector.

Reduce red tape as well.Invest heavily in infrastructure and education

What about Energy Policy with the emphasis of renewable energy solution?

Deregulation is important.Also,the Govt should partner with the private sector to invest in power generation,transmission and distribution.

I don't have much time for renewable energy.If the market is there,the Govt doesn't really have to do anything.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 2:33am On Jan 13, 2008
See the kind of people who make law for us. Assuming this story is true, If I am the president, such a person must be removed from office because she has lost her credibility.

A credit card scammer turned lawmaker
http://www.thephctelegraph.com/stories/January,%202008/0901news_03.html
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Iman3(m): 2:34am On Jan 13, 2008
Una don see my detailed plan of action? grin What are you guys waiting for? I am clearly the man to lead Nigeria to the promise land(Pluto). cool

My rival keeps talking about experience but I have no idea what experience he is talking about. Is it experience in shedding crocodile tears? Sure,his ability to replicate the Victoria falls with his constant crying might help combat desertification in the North or the drying of Lake Chad but what else.

His lachrymose tactic is for the faint hearted.

My people,never underestimate the power of hope.My infusion of hope and optimism amongst the populace will solve all our problems and lead this country to paradise,with a brief detour along the way to pluto
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by darfur(m): 2:35am On Jan 13, 2008
I-Man for president cheesy
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Iman3(m): 2:43am On Jan 13, 2008
faketan:

See the kind of people who make law for us. Assuming this story is true, If I am the president, such a person must be removed from office because she has lost her credibility.

We have a scammocracy already in Nigeria. A government of scammers with only their self-interest as their overriding reason for being in Govt.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 2:51am On Jan 13, 2008
Great for I-man, Faketan has answered my questions. Hmmmm!!! wink

For Davidylan, Is that all your answer at below? undecided
davidylan:

I still wait for Sly and other soon later.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by joshjosh(m): 2:51am On Jan 13, 2008

you better believe it is true. you can't put it past them. too many Nigerians just think to take and use other peoples money is their God given right.

i worked for barclays for about 3yrs. for every 10 cases of stealing that goes through your desk, 5-7 were Nigerians. what annoys me is the high number of women involved. what kind of home raises women to become this low?

until people like these begin to suffer the consequence of their evil, people will think it is normal
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 3:00am On Jan 13, 2008
joshjosh:

you better believe it is true. you can't put it past them. too many Nigerians just think to take and use other peoples money is their God given right.

i worked for barclays for about 3yrs. for every 10 cases of stealing that goes through your desk, 5-7 were Nigerians. what annoys me is the high number of women involved. what kind of home raises women to become this low?

until people like this begin to suffer the consequence of their evil, people will think it is normal

Josh my brother, I just made a political statement wishing it is not true
but we all know it is true. God save nigeria
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:10am On Jan 13, 2008
I-man:

Una don see my detailed plan of action? grin What are you guys waiting for? I am clearly the man to lead Nigeria to the promise land(Pluto). cool

able opponent, did you call all that a "detailed plan of action"?
Indeed my rival, blessed with the garb of smooth talk, has succeeded in hoodwinking the ignorant and those easily led by unrealistic rhetoric.

It is not enough to proffer mere words as solution . . . my rival fails to address one key factor in his flowery speech: SECURITY!
While my rival is busy talking about free trade zones with our African neighbours, Abakaliki market, right there on his doorstep, has been taken over by armed robbers and bakassi boys. While my rival waxes lyrical with his empty message of Plutonic love, the Niger Delta is a haven of corruption, violence and an environmental disaster.

While we busy ourselves with tariff free telecoms, my rival forgets that our dear country has no people-oriented constitution, that what we have is not really a democracy but an agbada militocracy.
While he is busy decieving foreigners with 100 point agendas, he forgets that Nigeria's economy is balanced precariously on the price of oil.

It is easy to repeat sweet speeches obviously conjured up by a battery of speech writers, it is easy to pull the wool over the eyes of the sheeple with words of "hope" and empty phrases like "yes we can" . . . it takes experience and a deep knowledge of our nations problems to lead it, NOT to Pluto but to the promised land here on earth.

Fellow Nigerians, the choice is yours.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 3:19am On Jan 13, 2008
Ah! I see Davidylan points applying to my questions previously against rival, i got it and go back re-reading Davidylan postings above.

Again one more question i want to hear all of you answer at below:

How can you resolve agbada militocracy into better democracy?
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2008
Hmm Agbada militocracy. We will not witchhunt but can be allowed in if they can fit into real democracy. if they cannot, they will naturally fizzle out.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by noetic(m): 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2008
After so much pressure from teeming nigerians, I am back in the race.

Vote Intelligence, Ideas, Vision and a Brighter Rewarding Future.

aditionally I promise to probe all acts of curruption from my fellow contestants:
I-Man(PTF saga) cool
Daviddylan (corridor of power corruption)

Support Vision2008
Vote NOETIC for President. . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2008
Now you are talking.
welcome back to the race
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by toshmann(m): 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2008
[center]ABRACADABRA 2008[/center]

I Dr Engr Barr General Prince Toshmann Nwa Mama. . . the great, the Ist, the Dude, the brainy
having examined all the candidates in the race
having perused thier manifestos (if any)
having assessed myself
do hereby conclude as follows:
that I remain the best candidate for this office(which office?)
that i will change the lives of our people forever
that I will enhance freedom of speach for all nigerians
that i will encourage a peaceful environment that will help our people to socialise fully
that i will introduce benefits for guys/babes who are hooked up
that i will encourage partying for our youth.
justice shall be my watch word. . . therefore . . .
any babe that refuses an innocent chyking shall be punished
more of my manifestoes will be coming up soonest
I salute Toshmann, I salute beautiful women,
I salute my campaign
Hip hip hip . . . . . OKPEKEEEEEE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector / Politician Dumps Stunning Wife For Posting These Sexy Selfies Online (PHOTOS) / See How Amaechi Humiliated Me Before My Wife – Magnus Abe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.