Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' (20041 Views)

Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? / How Do I Prepare Raw Dawa (millet Pap)? / why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pap popularly known as ogi or eko in Yoruba language or akamu in Igbo language is very nutritious and not difficult to prepare. There are two types of pap i know, the maize pap(yellow or white) and the millet pap(ogi baba).

Pap is usually taken with moi moi,akara,beans,fried plantain,efo riro. You can also add milk or sugar to the pap to make it taste great, some even serve their pap with bread,groundnut,noodles etc.
Intake of pap provides instant enegy.It is high in simple sugars,high in simple protein and rich in vitamins, inspite of the nutritional benefits of pap, some people sees it as a no go area when it comes to staple foods, some belief that pap is for growing infants and people recovering from illness that cannot take solid foods. If you serve some people pap they will take amadioha or sango swear for your life while it will lighthen up some people faces if you offer them.

For me i love taking hot pap before breakfast almost everyday and sometimes at night after dinner because its makes me feeling full and satisfied and it must be the maize type coz i hate the millet type of pap (ogi baba) with passion and i can take it with anything exept bread and groundnut which a friend of cannot do without.

My questions now are:
1 - Do you take pap?
2 - why do you take or hate pap?
3 - How often do you take pap in a day or week?
4 - If you do take pap what do you like serving it with?

Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by emilyone(f): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
i take pap only when im sick with malaria!

3 Likes

Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
emilyone: i take pap only when im sick with malaria!
eeeyah! you are not pap girl but try take it when you are not sick and you might develop interest.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by 19naia(m): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
My first experience with pap was not my own,but of the neighbour woman who used to try to drown her baby with pap every morning as i would hear the baby cry fro dear life every morning...She would lay the baby on here legs/thighs and cup her hand over babies mouth and only release her hand to pour "PAP" into the cup of her hands so that it flooded her babies mouth and nostrils..the only way the baby could survive from drowning was to drink the "PAP" for dear life..Very quickly baby learned that to survive,he must drink his Pap....I have had my fair share also but i am lucky now to have many other options...

12 Likes

Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by farydah: 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2012
I rarely take pap....i can go months without remembering it exists. But when the weather gets cold, its usually my first point of call cheesy....was just speaking with somebody abourrit today and like so many peeps around me, he claims pap makes him drowsy/sleepy...never me sha
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
19naia: My first experience with pap was not my own,but of the neighbour woman who used to try to drown her baby with pap every morning as i would hear the baby cry fro dear life every morning...She would lay the baby on here legs/thighs and cup her hand over babies mouth and only release her hand to pour "PAP" into the cup of her hands so that it flooded her babies mouth and nostrils..the only way the baby could survive from drowning was to drink the "PAP" for dear life..Very quickly baby learned that to survive,he must drink his Pap....I have had my fair share also but i am lucky now to have many other options...
oooops! The woman kolo no be small ooo na by force to take pap have seen people like that too.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
farydah: I rarely take pap....i can go months without remembering it exists. But when the weather gets cold, its usually my first point of call cheesy....was just speaking with somebody abourrit today and like so many peeps around me, he claims pap makes him drowsy/sleepy...never me sha
That is why i love taking pap after dinner it makes me sleep like a baby just the urine is the problem coz i keep going to the toilet for more than five times.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by farydah: 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
oko-oloyun:
That is why i love taking pap after dinner it makes me sleep like a baby just the urine is the problem coz i keep going to the toilet for more than five times.

Doesnt make me sleep. I feel its a thing of the mind....urine's something else shacheesy
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by Enoquin(f): 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
The yellow pap is my fav...I prefer it to custard self. Although, I don't take it as much as I like to...but when I need to have my nerves relaxed, I take pap or lipton tea
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
Enoquin: The yellow pap is my fav...I prefer it to custard self. Although, I don't take it as much as I like to...but when I need to have my nerves relaxed, I take pap or lipton tea
I take custard sometimes but lipton not at all.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by mafolayomi(f): 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
oko-oloyun:
Pap popularly known as ogi or eko in Yoruba language or akamu in Igbo language is very nutritious and not difficult to prepare. There are two types of pap i know, the maize pap(yellow or white) and the millet pap(ogi baba).

Pap is usually taken with moi moi,akara,beans,fried plantain,efo riro. You can also add milk or sugar to the pap to make it taste great, some even serve their pap with bread,groundnut,noodles etc.
Intake of pap provides instant enegy.It is high in simple sugars,high in simple protein and rich in vitamins, inspite of the nutritional benefits of pap, some people sees it as a no go area when it comes to staple foods, some belief that pap is for growing infants and people recovering from illness that cannot take solid foods. If you serve some people pap they will take amadioha or sango swear for your life while it will lighthen up some people faces if you offer them.

For me i love taking hot pap before breakfast almost everyday and sometimes at night after dinner because its makes me feeling full and satisfied and it must be the maize type coz i hate the millet type of pap (ogi baba) with passion and i can take it with anything exept bread and groundnut which a friend of cannot do without.

My questions now are:
1 - Do you take pap?
2 - why do you take or hate pap?
3 - How often do you take pap in a day or week?
4 - If you do take pap what do you like serving it with?

guess you are from oyo state... my sis inlaw "bro's wife" is from oyo/ibadan, she cant eat her meal without pap by d side, me am nt a big fan of pap though, but married to a man that likes it
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by tobechi20(m): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2012
I lov takin akara and pap

1 Like

Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
mafolayomi:

guess you are from oyo state... my sis inlaw "bro's wife" is from oyo/ibadan, she cant eat her meal without pap by d side, me am nt a big fan of pap though, but married to a man that likes it
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2012
mafolayomi:

am not from oyo state but lives in Ibadan hope your children likes pap sha
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by Enoquin(f): 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2012
oko-oloyun:
I take custard sometimes but lipton not at all.

Custard tastes rubbery in my mouth and reminds me of canned mushroom...Lipton is it oh! Just the aroma that drifts from a hot mug can make me sigh with contentment
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
tobechi20: I lov takin akara and pap
na d same club we jare padi mi
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2012
Enoquin:

Custard tastes rubbery in my mouth and reminds me of canned mushroom...Lipton is it oh! Just the aroma that drifts from a hot mug can make me sigh with contentment
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2012
Enoquin:

lipton is no no for me especially when taken at night it makes me awake till morning.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 22, 2012
Just enjoyed pap with beans and plantain. Pap is one of my favourite meals. I often take it alone with condensed milk.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
okpara ugo: Just enjoyed pap with beans and plantain. Pap is one of my favourite meals. I often take it alone with condensed milk.
bros,i luv ya pap combination

2 Likes

Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by Afam4eva(m): 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
There's a difference between "Ogi" and "Eko"...i've not taken akamu for almost 5 years.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2012
I love them paps. It is good for the stomach and relaxes you. I prefer to eat it with moi moi or cooked beans.

There was a study that discovered friendly gut bacterials in pap similiar to those found in yoghurt.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
afam4eva: There's a difference between "Ogi" and "Eko"...i've not taken akamu for almost 5 years.

What of cassava bread grin

1 Like

Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by omenziate(m): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
Can't take pap in the morning o, makes me feel useless and drowsy apart from the frequent urination.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
1. No, I don't take pap.
2. I hate it cos of its appearance and taste...makes me wanna puke.
3. Refer to No. 1
4. No. 3
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by CzarChris(m): 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
ok, let's use our imagination here.
Pap+evaporated milk+a little chocolate beverage/toasted bread+fried eggs-(chei na lyk dis heaven dey)
How can anybody not love pap. BTW with dis nutritional value, i hear it helps mens lipsrsealed gain speed.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by CzarChris(m): 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
Pap+evaporated milk+a little chocolate beverage/toasted bread+fried eggs-(chei na lyk dis heaven dey)
How can anybody not love pap. BTW with dis nutritional value, i hear it helps mens lipsrsealed gain speed and agility.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
Pap is good but not good for those suffering from pile/haemorrhoid/jedijedi because it triggers it the more.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by okooloyun1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2012
Czar-Chris:
How can anybody not love pap. BTW with dis nutritional value, i hear it helps mens lipsrsealed gain speed and agility.
bros, what kind of speed and agility are you talking about.
Re: People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' by jeddyMay(f): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2012
i take pap whenever am sick...... and whenever i take pap, i feel as if am sick

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Housewife Caught Stealing Meat From Neighbour's Pot In Sapele / What Is The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten When Hungry / How To Make Crunchy Buns At Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.