Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:52 PM

Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October (11702 Views)

Throw Back Serena And Venus Williams With Ronald And Nancy Regan / Tarpischev Slammed $25,000 Fine, 1-year Ban For Calling Serena And Venus "The... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by mukina2: 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
As part of a planned African tour, international tennis champions, newly crowned US Open champion Serena Williams and sister, Venus Serena, are scheduled to visit Lagos on October 30.

While in Lagos, the dynamic tennis sister will inspire, motivate and mentor young Nigerians through a tennis clinic and an exhibition match which will also be their first in Africa.

Programme coordinator Tunji Adeyinka said Venus and Serena’s story of passion, determination, hard work and self-belief serve to boost the morale of athletes and business people alike.

The event is scheduled to take place at the Lagos Tennis Club in Onikan from October 30th to November 2nd.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/18/serena-and-venus-williams-to-visit-nigeria/
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by free2ryhme: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2012
@Mukina must all your post get front page i suggest this is a pure case of abuse of privilege. Little wonder this country will fail to move forward.. Any little power we have we take advantage of it even @ the detriment of others. position of responsibility has become avenue to flex power..

And about your topic... Serena and Venus my advise is this don't waste your precious time to inspire, motivate and mentor young Nigerians through a tennis clinic and an exhibition match because those attending are a bunch of overfed and pampered rich kids with no passion at all for the sport in the end the programmes dies a natural death. No wealthy parent in Nigeria today will allow their ward to go into lawn tennis as professionals ... The hakeem olajuwon basketball clinic that Milo do organize back in the days nothing came out of it.. How many became basketballers for our national basketball team.. None!

24 Likes

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by dasparrow: 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
free2ryhme: So?

LOL grin
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by dasparrow: 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
@Post

That's good
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Leboska(m): 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
The G team will love to host her. We will even inspire her. Imo

1 Like

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
In search of greener pasture or what?
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by SamMilla1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
Great, i will go and start waiting for them at the airport tomorrow. A month or more is not too long to wait for a messiah. #whocares

1 Like

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
Rotflmvwcamasfaoapmatst!!! Do Nigerians play tennis? #JustAsking
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Afam4eva(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
Is this a De'Ja Vu? I thought i saw a similar news last year.

1 Like

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
First posts made by idiots who prob play only football. Football is not the only sport, eediots.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by searay(m): 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
Ok, I don hear.
ThREAD CLOSED!
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
Maybe one or both of them can seduce those pot-bellied men in power and get them to resign.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
I love the Williams sisters, especially Serena....

She feels like my sister, and she has all dem attributes I like in women......... tits, asses and dat Serena smile .... wink wink wink wink wink

We need them to visit our younger athletes, so that they can inspire them. Our athletes need inspiration badly if the just concluded Olympics is anytin to go by....

P.S When they visit, male kids, stop watching Serena's ass o, and concentrate on what techniques she has got to offer o....

2 Likes

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by ismhab(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
Are they not affraid of boko haram? even arsenal had cancelled their trip to Nigeria.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by snowdrops(m): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
ismhab: Are they not affraid of boko haram? even arsenal had cancelled their trip to Nigeria.

I won't be surprised if the visit is cancelled at the eleventh hour, when the reality of the trip dawns. They might opt for a non-risk video or tele conference. The fear of BH, Kidnappers, et al is beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2012
must people always sound so bitter? if you do not like the news why not just ignore it and move over instead of spewing bitterness all over the place? if you are not a fan of the William sisters, their are numerous young people in Nigeria who are trying to go into professional Tennis and i know this would be a massive inspiration for them. what if we had a Tennis medalist at the just concluded olympics? e for no remove small shame? SMH at some people sha

2 Likes

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by sayso: 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2012
free2ryhme: @Mukina must all you post get front page i suggest this is a pure case of abuse of privileged. Little wonder this country will fail to move forward.. Any little we take advantage of it even @ the detriment of others. position of responsibility becomes avenue to flex power..

And about your topic... Serena and Venus my advise is this don't waste your precious time to inspire, motivate and mentor young Nigerians through a tennis clinic and an exhibition match because those attending are a bunch of overfed and pampered rich kids with no passion at all for the sport in the end the programmes dies a natural death. No wealthy parent in Nigeria today will allow their ward to go into lawn tennis as professionals ... The hakeem olajuwon basketball clinic that Milo do organize back in the days nothing came out of it.. How many became basketballers for our national basketball team.. None!

Bros I believe you.Can you imagine the mamas that will bring their kids to that clinic.Heavy and poorly over-fed kids that can't walk.I can just imagine that.The real people with determination to be like the williams cannot even make the trip let alone pay for the gate fee.

1 Like

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
'm happy they did recognise nigeria as a key player in africa.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Aizebioje(m): 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
Nice...but come to think of it,these foreigners really find it difficult to stay in their own country!!!THEY ARE WELCOME ANYWAYS
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by hardbody: 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
Oho, so they are coming ehn, i see!!!
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Okijajuju1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
IN OTHER NEWS, The Newly appointed Boko Haram spokesperson Abu 'KAKA' Has expressed excitment at the news of the visit of the Williams sister to Nigeria in October.. He has guaranteed their security and has adviced them to move about without fear as he will be in-charge of their security and logistics during their visit.. A special welcome contingent of Mujahadeen and Jihadists would be at the airport to welcome them specially.

2 Likes

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by stagger: 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
And I am sure that the price of casa flakes will come down that period.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by krisdani: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
free2ryhme: @Mukina must all you post get front page i suggest this is a pure case of abuse of privileged. Little wonder this country will fail to move forward.. Any little we take advantage of it even @ the detriment of others. position of responsibility becomes avenue to flex power..

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Opoki(m): 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
That sound like V[b]anus[/b] sisters!
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by decrox199(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2012
Nice move...op d real young athletes gets the chance τ̅☺ be present n not d official's children dat knows notin bout d sport..
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Caseless: 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2012
Leboska: The G team will love to host her. We will even inspire her. Imo
and one cannot hoist G-republic flag any more...its a sad situation.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by adaptor4all: 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hmmn...so Venus and Saturn will b comin 2 9ja soon,is it a visit by planets? shocked
So dis 1 sef make front page..aint suprised sha..mumu ppl plenty pass sensible 1s for dis country..mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by adaptor4all: 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hmmn...so Venus and Saturn will b comin 2 9ja soon,is it a visit by planets? shocked
So dis 1 sef make front page..aint suprised sha...mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by irecruit(m): 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
that is a great news, they should come and do something concerning our sport sector
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
irecruit: that is a great news, they should come and do something concerning our sport sector

buhahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

hahahahaha. .are you serious about this ? grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Referee Set A Soccer Record - By Flashing 36 Red Cards In One Game / Can You List All The Past Winners Of The Lagos Principals Cup? / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.