Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives (29648 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Kill More Than 50 In Borno State / Buhari Arrives Ijebu Ode , Ogun State @40 - Photos / Boko Haram Kills More than 50 Elderly People In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by channel801(f): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
No fewer than 50 people have been confirmed dead in a ghastly multiple road crash that occured this evening at the Ijebu-Ode roundabout of the notorious Benin-Ore Expresseway.

In the accident, an articulated vehicle driver was said to have lost control of the vehicle possibly due to brake failure, causing it to ram into by-standers. Street hawkers, Okada riders and even passenger-buses were not spared in the accident, at the end of which over 50 bodies lay liveless.

"It was a terrible day. I have never seen anything like that in my life", an eye witness exclaimed. This is indeed a colossal waste. This accident happen due to careless attitude of the trailer driver, he continued.

As at the time of filling this report, rescue operations are still going on.

More details later.....

http://www.channel801.com/Politics-News-II/ghastly-accident-in-ijebu-ode-claims-more-than-50-lives.html

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by k2039: 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
[size=18pt]Lord have mercy.

God,grant the families the fortitude to bear the loss[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
PLEASE! You idiots should stop posting pics of dead/mangled bodies (as if it's dead chicken) without any warning, or hiding it in a link to click on first.

Life is very cheap in this country.....just last week (i think undecided) there was another story in the news of a large vehicle that had a brake failure and rammed into a bus coming in the opposite direction, killing tens of people.

Road safety have to do something about all these ancient-tokunbo-rickety trailers and trucks that abound everywhere; but for the grace of God, that could be anyone of us in that gory pic!

7 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
Any of these vehicles of death that is more than 10 years old should be made to undergo an annual test whether the owners like it or not. These accidents are just getting too much angry.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by chomo: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
pls remove the photos, how distasteful, imagine that was ur dad , brother or son, show some respect.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by fatdon2(m): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
[quote author=PROUD-IGBO]PLEASE! You idiots should stop posting pics or hiding it in a link to click on first.

And u think u are normal, why didnt u close ur fuc.kin eyes when reading it??
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
fatdon2: And u think u are normal, why didnt u close ur fuc.kin eyes when reading it??

^^^Shut it fool!!! Like i'm Nostradamus to know b/4 hand that such pics were posted in the thread. Don't expose your crass stupidity, twerp!!!
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by deshclones(m): 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2012
[quote author=fatdon2][/quote]

N1ggah your ph00lishness is mindblowing...its really one of its kind..so you see nothing wrong with posting dead pictures here abismh for you..you def share the same dna as a monkey
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Osama10(m): 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
Too many deaths in this country.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by PRESERVER(m): 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
R.I.P
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
NIgeria Road will be repair by 2013 says Minister

How many More to Die before then?

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
THE LORD CLEANING HOUSE. LAST DAYS.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by sissa: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
GOD HAVE MARCY ON US,MAY ALMIGHTY MAKE THEM REST IN PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by ghettodreamz(m): 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2012
God have mercy cry cry cry

It's the BER months, popularly known as the evil months in Nigeria, we need to be more prayerful. May we and our loved ones never go out the day, the road is crying for bloods. May the good lord grant the families of the lost souls fortitude to bear the unrepairable loss, forgive all their sins and grant them eternal rest, amen.

4 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by IleIfe2(m): 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
Ah ah!!!? Ki lo de!!!? God have mercy
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by freecocoa(f): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
Na wa o.

This really is something about EMBER months, may the good lord deliver us and may the souls of the dead RIP.sad
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Daunashamed(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
Those trailer drivers are too rough in driving,he must have been on a speed too high for control at that spot and now many lifes are the price for his foolish mistake...*feeling sad and short of words*
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
Psalm 91
King James Version (KJV)
91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

14 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by taharqa: 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: NIgeria Road will be repair by 2013 says Minister

Even if some of you guys will not respect yourselves, why must you not respect the dead.

Did the report say that it was bad roads that caused the accident or a terrible mistake by the trunk driver? Is the Ijebu-Ode Roundabout section of that road that bad? Plz leave the dead out of your political adventures.

...may God grant the families, friends and loved ones of those that just passed grace as they grieve. AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by omiobo: 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
Lord have mercy!lord have mercy!! Lord have mercy!!! Lord have mercy!!!lord have mercy!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by 2mch(m): 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
HMM!!! and it is always the poor struggling for their daily bread. The same poor who try by all means to preserve their lives, hoping tomorrow will be better rather than fighting for their right. They keep dying like chickens anyway. embarassed undecided cry

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Ganys: 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
Blood Sucking Ritualist at work again in IJEBU, May the soul of the Victim rest in PEACE
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by bejay766: 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
May God Almighty rest the soul of the departed!

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Alonga: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
Dis is masacre,Lord hv mercy on us.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by duality(m): 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: NIgeria Road will be repair by 2013 says Minister

now you want to politicize the issue. are you a human being?

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Wallie(m): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
I still find it hard to fathom how so many people die in a single accident in Nigeria! How can 50 people just die like a bomb just went off? I highly suspect that most of the people died due to inadequate first responders and emergency care!

DO people realize that just because someone passed out and momentarily stopped breathing, the person can still be revived? Are accident victims just left at the roadside to eventually die?

I think it should be mandated that all commercial bus drivers and their conductors learn CPR. Sounds like something Fashola can pull off!

11 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Sanguine77(m): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
Good Lord have mercy and may we not die a sorrowful, painful and mangled death. I shall not die in an accident and before my time in Jesus name, amen. May the souls of the dead rest in peace and may God give the bereaved families the fortitude to bear their tragic and irreparable loss.

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Opoki(m): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
So sad... I remember those days when i was serving in Ogun State, Ogbo Community in Ijagun, I used to board a bus going to Odogbolu Local Government from that spot, Yoruba will say "Akosile ti koo", May God continue to protect us all.
Fortitude to the bereaved!
RIP to d deads.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by mallorca(m): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
cry cry cry cryRIP
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
God protect us!
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by BIGREEL(m): 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2012
Every action taken in dis life is a risk, RIP 2 all d victims, pls repent b/4 it is too late ooo.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by SisiKill1: 10:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
PLEASE! You idiots should stop posting pics of dead/mangled bodies (as if it's dead chicken) without any warning, or hiding it in a link to click on first.

I agree!!

There is something very macabre with the way some people are always eager to post pictures of the dead! You almost tempted to think they enjoy it. How else can you explain it? The Story already state there someone (people) died. . .we know what DEAD is, so why post the picture??

Still can't get over the picture of the guy who drowned from this morning. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTO: President Buhari Arrives Malta / Stella Oduah Spotted After A Long Absence Following Her Son's Death. / Obiano's Wife Gives Bungalow Houses To Widows In Anambra - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.