Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians (32939 Views)

Timaya - Hold Me Now [video Download] / Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video / New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by slimyem: 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2012
i tried reading the publication but the recurrent word.. "poverty indecency" made it difficult to understand.
Wetin be "poverty indecency"?
Why won't Seun just leave words just as they are so we can make sense of it..
Haba!!

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by kodred(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
huh!
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by slimyem: 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
maninmood: Quite shameful! Only Eedris Abdulkareem shot a video like this- remember Nigeria jagajaga. It is pathetic that none of our artistes wants to be poor people's voice, rather they want to build a castle in lekki, and a mansion in dubai while they relish in their jets. Isn't that our artistes' dream?
Dagrin.African China,Reminisce,General pype,Koffi,Sound Sultan also show the true state of the country in their videos.

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
Correct video, like am die. Was it shot in Makoko ?
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
kizini: @EveryOne, I wonder what you'll complaining about. Did he lie about the state of Nigeria? Why do we like living in deception?? Do you guyz think you can ever make progress when you hide the truth from yourself? Are those places not in Nigeria? Or did he video a scene in Liberia and depicts it as Nigeria?? I tire for una OoOoO,
. . . . This is exactly wat i was about to comment until i saw ur comment bro, Nigerians will never stop deceiving themselves. Will you av bin happy if he shot the video in Banana Island or the few places for the rich in Nigeria? God bless Rick Ross, for letting the whole world know the TRUE situation of the country we live in. The rich are gettin richer and d poor are getting poorer. Such a pity for the shallow minded people castigating Him. Wat a shame to you guys! He gave dollar bills to d less priviledge, is that a crime? It just reminded me of the scene when Jose Mourinho gave some pounds to a little boy of the opposition team on wheelchair dat became a headline in England when he was in Chelsea. Noting wey man go do wey some f.ools no go talk. Well, every man to his opinion. Nice one Ricky. . . . . .Uhnnn*in Rick Ross's Voice*!!!
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
Like I commented on youtube, its a shame that we love to live in deception. Is this truly not the state of Nigeria? Nigerian artists travel to SA and Miami to shoot videos because they are ashamed and try so hard to blend into the western world. Even then, when they shoot their videos in the ghettos of Lagos, no one complains. Now a foreigner comes and does the same and what these people can do is rant all over the internet forming useless patriotism. Well they better start accepting the fact that Nigeria does not fall short of a shithole.

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Revolva(m): 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
Most music listeners are dumb here in nigeria and its a shame a big one that thet think rap music is all about flashy cars,bitches, poping champagnes and throwing money , nope rap music is also to show us the ills in the society and those ills are in the populated part in the ghetto- hope you guys saw the new orleans version its still speaks about the poor blacks in american slum - am proud that rick ross have a heart to visit the slums and gave a remake from his original ok - anybody that insult him saying its potraying nigeria image bad or would scare tourist is an eeddioot for life - you think they don't know all about our ghettos its just dat many ave not visited and rickky took time after his shows to visit around - he has seen real. ( igboro )ghetto compared to his where drug and gun plays are the order of the day

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Ivynwa(f): 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
I am not seeing any connection at all between what he is singing about and the pictures of Nigeria's ghetto that he is showing there. I am only hearing about Niggas and H*es not holding him back and nothing about the pictures in the videos so it is not making sense.

Yeah, we have gotten enough fr*aking attitude from some in the west that think that we all run about in the forest and Rick Ross showing the world Nigeria's 37th state of squalor is not what we need right now. That will not prevent me from appreciating his other good pieces of music though and I ain't angry with him. People should direct their anger to PMAN and whichever other organisation that is in charge of vetting/screening such videos foreigners come into Nigeria to make or were they just tripping and falling flat before him when they were supposed to do their job?

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by ademlabi(m): 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
Correct video, like am die. Was it shot in Makoko ?
Thank you. Big thanks to Rick Ross for letting the world see the level of poverty in Nigeria. Shey na Rick Ross cause d level of poverty? Blame the Goverment and not Eick Ross please.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ivynwa: I am not seeing any connection at all between what he is singing about and the pictures of Nigera's ghetto that he is showing there. I am only hearing about Niggas and H*es not holding him back and nothing about the pictures in the videos so it is not making sense.

Yeah, we have gotten enough fr*aking attitude from some in the west that think that we all run about in the forest and Rick Ross showing the world Nigeria's 37th state of squalor is not what we need right now. That will not prevent me from appreciating his other good pieces of music though and I ain't angry with him. People should direct their anger to PMAN and whichever other organisation that is in charge of vetting/screening such videos foreigners come into Nigeria to make or were they just tripping and falling flat before him when they were supposed to do their job?

Which PMAN?? That body is more corrupt than Nigeria herself. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Tekzyflex(m): 11:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
we don't need to run away from ʈɧξ truth.Nigeria is ironically rich.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by MsOluchi: 12:27am On Sep 20, 2012
searchcorp: Hey!!! Una own too much jare...

Don't they shoot clips and documentaries in projects abroad.

Haven't you seen slumdog millionaire. Did indians complain?

Infact, try watching the documentary on the real 'rick-ross' and u will conclude that every single black abroad is either a drug-junkie or a soon-to-be- drug-junkie.

Rest the matter ja re, atleast the video was not greenscreened(chroma). The original background was captured.

So?

Indians actually complained about "slumdog millionaire". You can google it. You should know your facts before you write.

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by moonraker(m): 12:41am On Sep 20, 2012
To be honest, i knew there were slums in Lagos!!!! Like AJ city....

But what i did not know is that there were that bad.. Oh my!!!!

Just quite unfortunate!!!
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by stupor(m): 1:32am On Sep 20, 2012
I am social Hip Hóp Crusader like everyother good creative Artist•

Hip Hop is an Artform and whether it is painted in Rainbow colors or in neutral black and white,its notfor appreciation of a non-art observer but for a larger spectrum of audience who gets soothened by its fine and Applied arts creativity.

Rick Ross has expressed his Art into a videographic form through the eyes of his director and no other expression would I had thought represented the Poetic Artform explicitly•

Rick Ross has seen the robust market of a Rap Hip Hop revolution in Nigeria through the online Media and has wisely come to pent a stable in it•

Rap is creativity in its crudest form,its a conscious appelation to the mind and musical escape to enliven a down-trodden psyche with or without a well laid pattern or pisque•

This is real Hip Hop•

Many peeps weren't born and even some that were born don't actually have the true Hip Hop elements which is has endeared many around the world well over 200 years and only just started gaining popularity in Nigeria•

The days of Lords of the Underground,House of Pain,NWA,Fuschnikkins,Ghetto Boys,Tupac,Tribe Called Quest etc were all shot in streets,cold and stark ignored neighbourhoods on the very high streets of New York and winter blurred and filthy corners of bronx and brooklyn with love•

There is no difference Nigerian lovers of music really needed to be educated by Real Hip Hop Heads otherwise all the fake Hip Hop culture representation we are getting will still continue•

Hip Hop is an Art and would continue in this form,little wonder I hardly give nods to some Nigerian videos becuase all they want to depict is their Father`s new Benz,their new Aunty's Lekki's house or some Twelve years old and Teens wearing new tight jeans'dressing rainbow wearing a white canvas shoe•

Naw that is not Hip Hop•

Hip Hop is an Elite Artform with an empathic appeal for the underground I.E The grassroots•

I can be a Medical Dr,A Pilot,A Banker,A Lawyer,Street Gangsta and also be creatively gifted in Hip Hop•thats where Dagrin was exceptional and didn't shoot his hit track-Pon Pon Pon in Eko Hotels but on. The streets to enclave the hip hop elements•

At times I wished my father owns a Radio or TV station so that I can at least educate by sharing the essentials of True Hip Hop•but all still a dream•

They should bring back the days of Hip Hop MTV Yo Raps and THe Underground so that real Hip Hop appreciative contents can really be enjoyed•

Nigeria has better lyricists,Poets than Southafrica its major counterparts but not an inch,a match to SouthAfrica when it comes to truest Hip Hop Reprensentation and presentation all-encompassing•
Rick Ross is Hip Hop•Hip Hop is Rick Ross•Hip Hop is Fine ART in its crudest form•

2 Likes

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by azeezakande: 2:02am On Sep 20, 2012
It's really not about Nigeria. Rick Ross music video is about setting up a scene for his fellow rappers in the state to see how tough he is and how he can risk his life to go to d scariest place on earth without any problem. He even write on his twitter when in 9ja, that most of the US rapper won't come to a place like 9ja. At the end of the day Nigeria is f'ed up.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by dasparrow: 2:17am On Sep 20, 2012
Ivynwa: I am not seeing any connection at all between what he is singing about and the pictures of Nigeria's ghetto that he is showing there. I am only hearing about Niggas and H*es not holding him back and nothing about the pictures in the videos so it is not making sense.

Tell me about it. Thought I was the only one who noticed. But as usual, Nigerians will be running their mouth while singing undue praises of foreigners music artists. If it was a Nigerian music artist that made this music video, Nigerians will cuss the person out. Bunch of bloody inferiority complex stricken people. A music video is suppose to showcase what the music artist is singing about. That fat hippopotamus rick ross is singing about Niggas and ho*es and then showing poverty stricken Nigerians. Where is the connection?

@Post

I am not against showing the reality of what Nigeria is but how many times do americans show their poverty stricken side in their music videos? How many Africans are aware that the average american is only surviving due to credit cards and loans available to them? How many Africans are aware that the average american lives paycheck to paycheck and can hardly save for rainy days? How many Africans are aware that if not for mortgage loans, ever owning a home in america will be just a pipe dream for most americans? How many Africans are aware that there are so many homeless americans on the street? How many Africans are aware that you have many americans living in 'gbam-gbam' tin containers americans refer to as trailer homes?

How many Africans are aware that since the global economic meltdown, so many americans have lost their homes because they cannot keep up with their monthly mortgage payments even though they have been paying towards the house for 10 or more years? How many Africans are aware that many americans are medically uninsured because they have lost their jobs and hence don't go to doctors when they are sick because though the hospitals will treat them, the debt collectors will come hounding them for the hospital bill if they cannot pay up?

My point is, poverty is poverty everywhere. It's just that, westerners including americans connivingly hide their country's poverty stricken side while they are quick to air that of other nations especially that of developing or under developed nations. And then you have daft, gullible, inferiority complex stricken Nigerians who will applaud westerners who air our dirty laundry to the world while they(westerners)conceal theirs.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by AMvanquish: 3:17am On Sep 20, 2012
the video was on point! over 70% live under a dollar per day... Some of us lucky to enjoy the goodies of life but can we say that of
the vast majority. Yea 9ja is beautiful too buh My job takes me round rural 9ja alot and the poverty i see cant be put in exact words cry. So dont sit there and criticise like all is well. Maybe if more videos like this come out, some of our leaders would sit up to their responsibilities.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by mayoroflag(m): 4:02am On Sep 20, 2012
Today, in the bus I saw a man in his fifties he was swearing at his luck for being a Nigerian who's lived all his life on hopes and promises that never surfaces. At least he got hopes and promises... I wonder what the remaining more than 70% think they got....
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Nobody: 4:49am On Sep 20, 2012
rokiatu: Sad part is those people laughing and so happy in the video as if Rick Ross promise them a better Nigeria.

I wept for us Africans, we are so stoopid.

So what is the point of the video?

Is it gonna help people living in the slumg? and it ain't gonna stop corruption either.

So whats the point of the whole video? Business I think. I take my hat off for Rick Ross, infact I bow.

To become rich/stay rich you have to be selfish and brutal.

come on rokiatu that's not fair at all.
those people are smiling because even though by western standards they are poor, they are still happy. how is he exploiting the people when all anyone has to do is read up on, watch videos/documentaries about or even visit nigeria to see the conditions of many of her citizens live in, themselves? If anything it should teach the American (particularly AA) youth to stop whining about "the system" or what they don't have and to appreciate where they are and rise.

It should be viewed as inspiration to us all. Sure, Nigeria has a poor population by western and perhaps local standards, but over all the people are still happy. There is work to be done, but it can't be made right without exposure and acceptance.

Rick Ross should not have to apologize for his wealth or status, he should however be thanked for opening the west and east through song, widening horizons and again, building a bridge.

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Hoodrat(m): 5:22am On Sep 20, 2012
dasparrow:

Tell me about it. Thought I was the only one who noticed. But as usual, Nigerians will be running their mouth while singing undue praises of foreigners music artists. If it was a Nigerian music artist that made this music video, Nigerians will cuss the person out. Bunch of bloody inferiority complex stricken people. A music video is suppose to showcase what the music artist is singing about. That fat hippopotamus rick ross is singing about Niggas and ho*es and then showing poverty stricken Nigerians. Where is the connection?

@Post

I am not against showing the reality of what Nigeria is but how many times do americans show their poverty stricken side in their music videos? How many Africans are aware that the average american is only surviving due to credit cards and loans available to them? How many Africans are aware that the average american lives paycheck to paycheck and can hardly save for rainy days? How many Africans are aware that if not for mortgage loans, ever owning a home in america will be just a pipe dream for most americans? How many Africans are aware that there are so many homeless americans on the street? How many Africans are aware that you have many americans living in 'gbam-gbam' tin containers americans refer to as trailer homes?

How many Africans are aware that since the global economic meltdown, so many americans have lost their homes because they cannot keep up with their monthly mortgage payments even though they have been paying towards the house for 10 or more years? How many Africans are aware that many americans are medically uninsured because they have lost their jobs and hence don't go to doctors when they are sick because though the hospitals will treat them, the debt collectors will come hounding them for the hospital bill if they cannot pay up?

My point is, poverty is poverty everywhere. It's just that, westerners including americans connivingly hide their country's poverty stricken side while they are quick to air that of other nations especially that of developing or under developed nations. And then you have daft, gullible, inferiority complex stricken Nigerians who will applaud westerners who air our dirty laundry to the world while they(westerners)conceal theirs.

If american government can do all that you mentioned to her citizens it shows how advanced americans are and how they trying to take care of the citizens with the little available recourse what have nigerian government done? Do average nigerian with no collateral have access to secure/unsecured loan? Do we have mortgage and do government gives us the freedom of credit cards and home ownership like the americans? The answer is No. Only in the news paper/media and dreams do nigerians enjoy all that americans does to its citizen not in reality and the government made it a known fact that an average nigerian has no benefit or any right to enjoy what the country and democracy has to offer. If you are happy and living comfortable in nigeria doesn't mean millions of nigeria are living life pretty similar yours. I personally appreciate rick ross kind gesture and concept of showing the true meaning of been coward under a though and heartless imperialism leadership. He is trying to pass the mercies messages across the world so nigeria wouldn't end up been another somalia which at present is not better off. Wake up to truth and stop suffering and smiling. Which kind surfer head be nigerians sef? In truth I stand not lies.

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Jiah011(f): 7:25am On Sep 20, 2012
So Nigerians are doing so well portraying Nigeria? Before Rick Ross, Nigeria had a bad rep. After Rick Ross, Nigeria will still have a bad rep. Complain about the corruption, leaders, and materialism done by our fellow Nigerians first. What about the 419ers emailing everyone they can abroad trying to dupe people for money? Nigeria is a joke and a byword to many foreigners abroad. It's our job as Nigerians to show the good side and the culture of Nigeria, not some useless rapper. Who is Rick Ross anyway? However, people cannot pretend there are no problems in Nigeria. I don't think Nigeria can be made to look worse than it already does. It is a delusion of grandeur to think the world gives a damn about Nigeria when we as Nigerians don't. It's just thought by the world to be another poor black, African country stuck in the dark ages ravaged by one disaster or another--this is what the any outsider would think visiting Nigeria. From the moment you land at the airport til you reach your destination, just outdated. It's our job as Nigerians to change that. Even the best Nigeria has to offer has a long way to improve by global standards. Nigerians are getting angry because they can't handle the truth. Yes, Nigeria needs improvement. Perhaps it is good to see the country from another perspective for a change. Rick Ross, lol.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Jiah011(f): 7:29am On Sep 20, 2012
ItsModella: Like I commented on youtube, its a shame that we love to live in deception. Is this truly not the state of Nigeria? Nigerian artists travel to SA and Miami to shoot videos because they are ashamed and try so hard to blend into the western world. Even then, when they shoot their videos in the ghettos of Lagos, no one complains. Now a foreigner comes and does the same and what these people can do is rant all over the internet forming useless patriotism. Well they better start accepting the fact that Nigeria does not fall short of a shithole.

So true! Nobody complains about the slums or the poverty seen daily, but now people want to complain when an outsider is showing the truth in people's face. It's as if people are just learning there is poverty in Nigeria. Let's fix it instead of trying to cover it up.

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 20, 2012
Revolva:
You are dumb you think its every music video one sells and make money - this video won't sell in america its just like what he will show to the american and the western world of what african faces - hope you saw the american ghetto version of the song its still the same message he is passing ok ghetto is ghetto everywhere - am sure no money will be made from this naija version that will entyer rozay pocket - instead our naija people will use it to make money themself

I think you are the dumb one here darling. You think only music videos that show women showing their azz and boobs and where they rap and sing abt pu...ssy and di....cks makes the most money?

This Video have a message behind it, and is gonna be a hit.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Leobreezy(m): 9:23am On Sep 20, 2012
@op. So he should have gone to V.I or Lekki to shoot the video with those fulsomely untalented boys(shina rambo & co.) abi? He did a good job by showing the true state of Nigeria unlike the façade of opulence other artistes portray in their videos. It shows that he's advocating for the poor.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by dczieta: 9:47am On Sep 20, 2012
suffering and smiling nigerians biggest quality NIGERIA IS WORSE THAN WHAT THE VIDEO SHOWS iMAGINE I CANT EVEN FIND EDGE NETWORK TALKLESS OF 3G TO WATCH THE VIDEO
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Roon9(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2012
solidbroda: The Rick ross is already a mess. He smokes weed, cracks, takes bitches, selfish, arrogant, he is old but dresses like a 5 year old. What moral or legacy is he putting down? And what do upcoming youths really wanna learn from him. How to smoke weed To me, he is just a over hyped big hippo.

Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§! He sure do look ƪĩк̣̣̥ε ӑ hippo ƃųt then let's not jus think that this dude is trying 2 paint us black, i mean c'mon hw many ppo do U̶̲̥̅̊ tink can access youtube?? Am not surprise they aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ angry because many ☀̤̣̈̇f them falls in D̶̲̥̅̊ upper class..... I jus read MI's comment on D̶̲̥̅̊ song n D̶̲̥̅̊ monfo was jus blabbin al sort ☀̤̣̈̇f nonsense. Ereday we c him on tv dressing fly n speakin american english sayin he's reppin D̶̲̥̅̊ hood. Fugu! 2cut ӑ long story short D̶̲̥̅̊ truth is bitter n nigeria as we Πσ it HATE D̶̲̥̅̊ truth.... U̶̲̥̅̊ GO RICK!!!!
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by suzannah: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2012
dnt c anytin rong wit d video,wat i am nt down wit is him make dem run after him 2 colect money,kindof treat'g dem like leper/beggar.all d same he was just portraying d true view of nigeria.we shld use dz 2 our advntage by try'g to beta our country n also let our leaders no dat dey wldnt b in powa 4 long if dey dnt change positively and we as individual shld also play our own part in changing Nigeria for good.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2012
solidbroda: The Rick ross is already a mess. He smokes weed, cracks, takes bitches, selfish, arrogant, he is old but dresses like a 5 year old. What moral or legacy is he putting down? And what do upcoming youths really wanna learn from him. How to smoke weed To me, he is just a over hyped big hippo.

shut up jooor!! tha truth iz bitter!!angry grin
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Revolva(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2012
rokiatu:

I think you are the dumb one here darling. You think only music videos that show women showing their azz and boobs and where they rap and sing abt pu...ssy and di....cks makes the most money?

This Video have a message behind it, and is gonna be a hit.
Hey tought you said rozay shot the video to make money and does not care for the common nigerian forgotten in the slum - now you are here still praisin him and still on him making money with this video - its wrong this can't of video don't sell abroad ok its too real people abroad can just watch on youtube even the new orleans version was banned from BET because it brought out the poor in america - so gal rick ross Is not broke to think of making money with this he only felt our pain and did our own version - no be everytin be. Money makin
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by rabzy: 11:10am On Sep 20, 2012
We already have videos of musicians where hummers, jets and what have you are been, champagne popping, dollar spending, all night clubbing and money money money everywhere, omo baba olowo, i got so much money etc, and we've seen videos made by our own musicians too of slums especially during the hey days of the Ajegunle Musicians and galala dancing, and many others.

I dont know rick ross and the first time i ever listened to him was on the p-square video and then this one thru nairaland, i dont like his type of music nor the whole aura he exudes but why cant he make such a video. So is it because he's not a Nigerian that makes the video wrong. I don't get it, if he cant do it then buga, tuface, konga, baba fryo, daddy showkey, Afican china and the rest should not make such videos, let us all be seeing videos of dollars flashing and babes smooching.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by rabzy: 11:30am On Sep 20, 2012
suzannah: dnt c anytin rong wit d video,wat i am nt down wit is him make dem run after him 2 colect money,kindof treat'g dem like leper/beggar.all d same he was just portraying d true view of nigeria.we shld use dz 2 our advntage by try'g to beta our country n also let our leaders no dat dey wldnt b in powa 4 long if dey dnt change positively and we as individual shld also play our own part in changing Nigeria for good.

what i see is a guy on boat who saw a load of kids running around naked in the riverbank and he handed out a few dollars to them. You are the one seeing the kids as lepers, i grew up in such a neighborhood, kids run around naked in the rain and throw stones and what have you at each other. We never saw ourselves as lepers, we had fun, we grew strong, a lot were poor, a lot also came out of poverty...BUT WE ARE HUMANS and that was our reality, and we struggled to come out...don't look at us from your jeeps as lepers, as diseased, as unfit...that is the ultimate insult.

There is no Neighborhood in Nigeria or even in the whole world where anyone will hand out dollars and people would not rush out to get it, the question is how much are you handing out....if you hand out enough people will rush at it. Rick ross did not wrong, the kids did nothing wrong...and those kids are strong and none of them look sickly....they would probably run faster and outlast many of the buttish kids in our private schools in a 200 metres dash.

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Ogundale(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2012
I see no reason why Nigerians have to descriminate rick ross. The op who posted this and the moderators why does it have to come to front page. Those insulting rick ross are no way better than him and if you think he did not do the right thing by showing how wreck nigeria is then you need a brain on a very serious note you even deserve more than that. Nonsense!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DJ Computer Love Remix Davido's Freestyle / Fela Kuti: 15 Year Anniversary: Your Favourite Fela Lyrics And Quotes Here / Zip# Download Kendrick Lamar DAMN. (FULL ALBUM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.