Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 (19279 Views)

Chelsea Vs Sunderland (3 - 1) On 19th December 2015 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 19th September 2015 / UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by socceryarn: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2012
Photographs of Chelsea players kissing the Champions League trophy inevitably plaster the walls around Stamford Bridge after their memorable victory in Munich last May. Yet it is not only the décor but also the dressing room that has changed with the London club’s penalty-shootout triumph.

The Italian is determined to repeat the feat this term but, when quizzed on what the European win meant to him, insisted it was not on his mind.
He told reporters: "When you are at a big club like Chelsea, there is always pressure to win trophies and bring more success.
"Everybody was pleased we finally brought the Champions League trophy to Stamford Bridge but now we have to look forward now, that's in the past."

Various stumbling blocks lie in Chelsea's path to European success, starting with Juventus Today and their star man Andrea Pirlo.

John Obi Mikel admits Chelsea were ``kind of lucky'' to win the Champions League but insists they now have a team capable of historic back-to-back triumphs.

The Blues kick off the defence of their European crown tomorrow night, with many still pinching themselves at the manner in which they finally ended their agonising wait for club football's biggest prize.

Chelsea's astonishing run has led some to dismiss their triumph as being down to nothing more than blind luck, with Liverpool legend Graeme Souness declaring: ``Nobody in the history of football has ever had that much luck.''

Mikel, who was crucial to their success after playing every minute from the quarter-finals onwards, said this afternoon: ``When people say that, sometimes it's actually not true.

``I think we worked very hard for what we achieved last season.

``But, at the same time, you need luck in everything you do.

``So, yeah, we were kind of lucky but, this season, it's a different story altogether.

``We brought in new players that are going to help us in this campaign.

``So, hopefully this season, we can play good football and win games.

``And hopefully, we can go very, very far in this tournament - hopefully get to the final again.''

His manager Roberto Di Matteo, whose appointment as caretaker was the catalyst for a sensational turnaround in Chelsea's fortunes back in March, disagrees about the role of luck.

``They said the same about many other managers when they won,'' he said.

``You need to deserve everything you get, and I think we worked very hard for it. We prepared ourselves very well against our opposition.

``It can't just be that [luck].''

However, Juventus are using Chelsea's success as their inspiration.

Juve will be playing in Europe's premier club competition for the first time since 2009, and it will be only their third Champions League campaign in seven seasons.

The Turin giants used to take a place in the competition for granted until the Italian match-fixing scandal consigned them to the wilderness.

But they arrived in London today on an incredible 42-game unbeaten run in Serie A, having not lost a single match on their way to last season's title.

And goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon insisted his team-mates had already proven they were big game players for both club and country.

The Italy star said: ``Before Chelsea won the Champions League, in the previous years, they were always the team to beat and they always failed.

``And then, when they started struggling, when they were in a declining phase, that's when they actually won the Champions League.

``What's beautiful about football is that it's not always the team that's considered the stronger one that's actually going to win.''

The 34-year-old, who has seen it all at Juve since joining them 11 years ago, added: ``Obviously, we're an emerging team at the moment.

``We've got many young players but they're all coming up strongly.

``It's a team that's got a great future and, regardless of the fact that you definitely need experience in the Champions League, we also take into consideration that many of our players have also played international games with their national squad and they've got experience, confidence.,

``I think you can probably put on the same level playing international games with playing in the Champions League.''

``So, in that respect, we think we're at a very good point at the moment.''

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/355642/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888

2 Likes

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Nasri100(m): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2012
Love that ''Kind of lucky'' part looool
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 19, 2012
You can now have all you ever wanted!...check my signature:

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2012
RIP Chelsea...i hope they come out of this fixture with at most 2 goals deficit. UEFA wicked sha.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by spykid014(f): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2012
#TeamBLUE! :p
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by 4reigningqueen: 10:27am On Sep 19, 2012
If only torres will cool down and enjoy his game.

if only ramires will stop being in a hurry to score goals.

if only mikel will try and be adventurous though he admitted he is not that fast.

If only hazard wouldnt play under pressure.

If only RDM will subtitute mata if the game becomes physical.

If only luiz wouldnt play with emotions.

If only...

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by boron10(m): 10:29am On Sep 19, 2012
afam4eva: RIP Chelsea...i hope they come out of this fixture with at most 2 goals deficit. UEFA wicked sha.

Yeah, same poo we heard last season when chelsea met barca in the semi final of the CL, even the final sef, you guys never ceased to hate. Just remember that haters are liable to die of heart attack or coronary thrombosis

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by megxo(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2012
4reigningqueen: If only torres will cool down and enjoy his game.

if only mikel will try and be adventurous though he admitted he is not that fast.

If only...
luis aint starting>>>>
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 10:33am On Sep 19, 2012
boron10:

Yeah, same poo we heard last season when chelsea met barca in the semi final of the CL, even the final sef, you guys never ceased to hate. Just remember that haters are liable to die of heart attack or coronary thrombosis
I'm not hating. I just hope they come out of this one untainted...only God can save them from the old lady of Turin. ka Chineke mezie okwu.

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by chuquiz(m): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2012
afam4eva: RIP Chelsea...i hope they come out of this fixture with at most 2 goals deficit. UEFA wicked sha.
you have started running your filthy gutter mouth this new season. undecided
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Quincy37(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] wink cool when it comes to shelsea match they will say luck is on their side! Stop critisizing the BLUES no such thing as luck in football is either you win or loose and it goes down to preparation! Up chelsea anytime any day Fuaaaaaaaaaa! 8-)wink

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by bigmitchmob: 10:47am On Sep 19, 2012
If only torres will cool down and enjoy his game.

If only...

God bless you, you said it all....
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Freiburger(m): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2012
We're back again.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Hadeyeancah(m): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2012
Chelsea 1 vs juventus 2
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 10:52am On Sep 19, 2012
Hadeyeancah: Chelsea 1 vs juventus 2
This looks like a fair score but i doubt JUventus will want to leave stanford without at least 3 goals.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by ZUBY77(m): 10:59am On Sep 19, 2012
the old lady will finish chelsea. I predict 1:2 for juve
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by shugacaneman: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2012
What do u call lucky? That a team played 120mins conceded a goal and score one, won on penalties. That's not the definition of Luck.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by CLIQBOY(m): 11:04am On Sep 19, 2012
HAZARD AND HIS 3VIL TEAM ARE STILL FUNCTIONING
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by sylve11: 11:09am On Sep 19, 2012
ZUBY77: the old lady will finish chelsea. I predict 1:2 for juve

I want United to win, oh, Juve i meant. grin cool
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Ekans: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2012
Imagine this Ebonyi/ezza rat.I guess your an Arsenal fan?
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by CLIQBOY(m): 11:12am On Sep 19, 2012
shugacaneman: What do u call lucky? That a team played 120mins conceded a goal and score one, won on penalties. That's not the definition of Luck.
no mind those bad belle ppl..when man u won it in 2008 is it not the same style dat it ended
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 19, 2012
Am a blue fan buh i dnt see d chances of us getin 3pts in our home turf. Juve are a strong side nonetheless, and with Torres misfirin almost consistently, our attack is as good as zeero. I recomend Moses and Sturridge up in attack wit El-nino benched. He(Torres) would start producin his best only when his team shirt is threatend. A gud eg ws tail end of last season wen he felt he wuld lose his permanent shirt to Drogba or even get off-loaded durin transfa season, he producd one of his finest goals dat period!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by iykmora(m): 11:15am On Sep 19, 2012
some ediiiiiots runnin their gutters already....haterz will surely die for nothin. For those associatin Blues victory with luck, what will they say lead to United's victory over Blues wit JT pk mis-kick; luck but a bad one. When Barca won d semi-final duel, was it not evil luck....stuuuupid mofos!!!

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by ismhab(m): 11:30am On Sep 19, 2012
up juventus.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 19, 2012
millionairemind: You can now have all you ever wanted!...check my signature:

www.refferallinks.com is a scam site, found out!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Todaynatoday: 11:34am On Sep 19, 2012
Is it the same juventus that was unbeaten in their league?! Hahaha
chelshit don gbe!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 19, 2012
Juventus win 3-1
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Snikaz(m): 11:43am On Sep 19, 2012
de unbeaten runs of juventus fc stopped by CHELSEA FC today. bet it if u fit.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 11:45am On Sep 19, 2012
Todaynatoday: Is it the same juventus that was unbeaten in their league?! Hahaha
chelshit don gbe!
lol grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by shamama: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2012
We will be out to play our normal football with our traditional 352 formation,most of our playas played the euros finals,d likes of buffon,pirlo,marchisio,bonucci,barzagli,and d man giovinco will b playing behind vucinic,d best of arturo vidal in d midfield will be ok,d ghanian asamoah creativity will help d midfield and also the always attacking of lictsteiner.juve will come out on top.forza juventus.........

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by nitlad: 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
Today we gonna show the Old Lady of Italian Football how old they really are.... Na CHELSEA dey reign o...
#StamfordTheLion
#KTBFFH.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 by okeymatthew30: 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
While i strongly believe in this chelsea team, they have holes they need to fill if they have to compete both at home and abroad, they need to get another striker to back up Torres, they also need an additional defensive midfielder, because once mikel has an issue, that team would be in great trouble.The beauty of having a great team is having a bench, like Barcelona, or even Juve, however, they still have a good team, but tonights match will be a tight one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

West Brom Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 14th February 2021 / Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona (0 - 1) On 17th May 2015 / Leicester City Vs Liverpool (1 - 2) On 1st September 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.