Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) (7616 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 10:30am On Sep 19, 2012
So, I met Anony yesterday. Here is how it went;

I was anxious to see what Anony looks like when waiting at the entrance of the pub. I heard his footsteps as he was coming down from the stairs. The anxiety was building. I was a bit calmed when I saw his face. Anony wasnt a bald old man like I expected. It was a young guy (although considerably bigger and older than I am).

However, Anony is slightly different from his online character. Anony talks patiently which exudes calmness and a pragmatic disposition but he is vulnerable to quick retorts and fast replies.

To be honest, I couldnt debunk Anony because we were having a discussion with no rules or formality. It was too easy to go off in different tangents. We both had a long debate on Niaraland and religion. My conclusion is that Anony really understimated me at first (maybe because he thought that I was probably an energetic teenager) but then he started going into his tactics of slowing down the arguments and trying to get exact definitions and following logical steps to put me into an indefensible corner.

A warning to any atheist that wants to debate Anony in reality;
-Anony has a particular strength when it comes to debating. The strength is that he is good at breaking down your points and pick off your definitions and premises one by one. Never expect a fair debate and you should understand your stance. Anony is also a houdini, he has escape tactics and so, your arguments should be well rounded.

All in all, Anony is a great guy. I am happy to have met him and my one particular advice to him is to learn how to make his points quickly because he is very slow in making his points. In a formal debate, the person with the most valid points win (because both sides will have their points, valid and invalid).
I think we Nairaland relgion section guys and girls should meet up because we are all people looking for answers. I am very happy to meet Anony.

(However, avoid people who are dangerous like the moderator that resides in the other section, who believes all infidels are below him)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Dyt(f): 10:33am On Sep 19, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2012
Dyt: undecided undecided

Why?

Why post nonsense when you have nothing to say?
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Dyt(f): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2012
who made u cry?
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by cyrexx: 10:46am On Sep 19, 2012
Wow. Ever since i read his first post earlier this year, i'd been wishing to meet the guy in person. There is something about him that is magnetic, i just love the brilliant way he defends christianity, i assumed he is a lawyer.

Even though i disagree with his worldview and incidentally most of his posts, he nevertheless, is number one on the list of nairaland members i will like to meet face to face.

Macdaddy, pls tell us more about this wonderful man. Pretty please
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 11:30am On Sep 19, 2012
cyrexx: Wow. Ever since i read his first post earlier this year, i'd been wishing to meet the guy in person. There is something about him that is magnetic, i just love the brilliant way he defends christianity, i assumed he is a lawyer.

Even though i disagree with his worldview and incidentally most of his posts, he nevertheless, is number one on the list of nairaland members i will like to meet face to face.

Yes, Anony is a skilled debater in some respects. Anony is a great guy! He is a young and gentle guy. He was patient enough to let me speak on my troubles with religion. I think we are a bit hostile when we dont know each other on Nairaland but after meeting Anony in person, we were both chatting like friends. Most people in the pub thought that we were friends from way back.

I have realised that we are mostly young people on Nairaland, myself just recently being an ex-student.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 19, 2012
Just be careful mate who you meet up with here, nice to know that Mr.Annoy is a real guy.

Otherwise , security is paramount especially when LagosShia and co have issued a Fatwa on your head and might see this as an opportunity to set you up grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Yes, Anony is a skilled debater in some respects. Anony is a great guy! He is a young and gentle guy. He was patient enough to let me speak on my troubles with religion. I think we are a bit hostile when we dont know each other on Nairaland but after meeting Anony in person, we were both chatting like friends. Most people in the pub thought that we were friends from way back.

I have realised that we are mostly young people on Nairaland, myself just recently being an ex-student.

perfectly true !

I have met people in person , who I initially assumed from a phone conversation or email were terrible characters. In person they just happened to be the opposite.

So don't judge before you see , good lesson.

Now we wait to hear from Annoy what illogic boy looks like , how old he is and his level of maturity grin
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by truthislight: 11:43am On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

that was Dangerous.
Maclatunji can change his ID and wish to connect with you.
My 2cent.

1 Like

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 19, 2012
truthislight:

that was Dangerous.
My 2cent.

I have been tempted to meet up with some select number of chaps on Nairaland , but when I remember 2011 and my Islamic posts I dare not even try.

My wife just might receive my head back in a parcel grin

1 Like

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by mkmyers45(m): 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
frosbel:

I have been tempted to meet up with some select number of chaps on Nairaland , but when I remember 2011 and my Islamic posts I dare not even try.

My wife just might receive my head back in a parcel grin
grin grin grin grin Well ive met 2 pple here and it was good...there were suprised at my countenance though
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
Glad to hear it, MacDaddy. You've actually met the Lord Christ face to face. smiley Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know how that sounds. But still. smiley
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by truthislight: 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
mkmyers45: grin grin grin grin Well ive met 2 pple here and it was good...there were suprised at my countenance though

this should not on its own be a bad idea.

But when a set of people will kill someone remotely related to an incident in libya and every other places it then give reason for someone that has directly criticise the same prophet openly and severally in a forum like this to be extremely careful in revealing his identity. No?
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
truthislight:

that was Dangerous.
My 2cent.

That is true. If Someone like the dictaorial moderator were to invite me to meet in person I would either carry a gun or reject it.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
truthislight:

this should not on its own be a bad idea.

But when a set of people will kill someone remotely related to an incident in libya and every other places it then give reason for someone that has directly criticise the same prophet openly and severally in a forum like this to be extremely careful in revealing his identity. No?

100% agree. One should be careful. I even warned Anony before we met. It is good to meet but always be cautious.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
frosbel:

perfectly true !

I have met people in person , who I initially assumed from a phone conversation or email were terrible characters. In person they just happened to be the opposite.

So don't judge before you see , good lesson.

Now we wait to hear from Annoy what illogic boy looks like , how old he is and his level of maturity grin

I always knew deep down that you were interested in me
#logcboy effect

Swag# cool
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Delafruita(m): 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

first time i eengaged him in a debate,i noticed his intelligentce and ability to wriggle out of tight corners.

if i could,i'd love to meet BUZUGEE.and then in no particular order,
crazyman
logicboy
frosbel
mkmyers
tpia@
truthislight
diluminati
plaetton
cyrexx
and everyother person that has turned this board into an addiction for me.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
Delafruita:
first time i eengaged him in a debate,i noticed his intelligentce and ability to wriggle out of tight corners.

crazyman
logicboy
frosbel
mkmyers
tpia@
truthislight
diluminati
plaetton
cyrexx

Me too! My only problem on that list is Buzugee. While he is a funny guy, he is a psychopath. He has no emotion for killed by christians or war.

He could sacrifice me to tha lord after joking over a few beers. He seems unstable shocked shocked shocked
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by truthislight: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
Delafruita:

crazyman
logicboy
frosbel
mkmyers
tpia@
truthislight
diluminati
plaetton
cyrexx

guy, if am to meet you i will need the FBI/CIA/SSS/American marine to be around.

Befor/during/after the meeting for 6months.
Lol.

You and Rhymz. Talking about being rogued!

Lol
hahaha.
Anyway Your are my guy Shaa.

Some people we meet on a daily basis may not even be as good as you are.
But we dont know since they dont opened up.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Delafruita(m): 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Me too! My only problem on that list is Buzugee. While he is a funny guy, he is a psychopath. He has no emotion for killed by christians or war.

He could sacrifice me to tha lord after joking over a few beers. He seems unstable shocked shocked shocked
buzugee seems unstable but i perceive a guy with a great sense of humour who wouldnt mind a few cracks.i'd just hope he doesnt take a few "drags" of his apparently favoured "leaves"

1 Like

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Delafruita(m): 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
truthislight:

guy, if am to meet you i will need the FBI/CIA/SSS/American marine to be around.

Befor/during/after the meeting for 6months.
Lol.

You and Rhymz. Talking about being rogued!

Lol
hahaha.
Anyway Your are my guy Shaa.

Some people we meet on a daily basis may not even be as good as you are.
But we dont know since they dont opened up.
so long as the MOSSAD and IRA arent involved,cool by me
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
Delafruita:
buzugee seems unstable but i perceive a guy with a great sense of humour who wouldnt mind a few cracks.i'd just hope he doesnt take a few "drags" of his apparently favoured "leaves"

I heard that he loves ciroc and weed grin grin grin
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by truthislight: 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
Delafruita:

the most humorous in this NL religious section to me are:
1. Buzugee
2: lagerwhenindoubt
3: mkmyer45
4: muskeeto
5: Frosbel
6: Ijawkid
7: Jesoul
8: pastor AIO
9: crazyman(just the name!)
10: later to be fixed

1 Like

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
truthislight:

1. Buzugee
3: myamer45

Jesoul? Seriously? She is cool but not funny.

Why am I not even there sef?
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by plaetton: 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
It is so refreshing to see that Nigerians can voluntarily meet to cordially discuss contentious issues that they fundamentally dissagree on.
There is hope. We just have to build on that and increase the momentum.
We are the future.

I had no doubts that Anony is decent guy, though suffering from the stockholm syndrome. Lol grin

I would dread to meet Enigma. This guy seems to have a thing for me.
I am just trying to picture in my mind what a face to face meeting with him would be like.
First I would have to make sure my life insurance policy is duly paid up, have 911 on speed dial, no voice dialing, pack some heat myself in case it turns into a shootout, and then I could find out what he is fond of and take it with me as peace offering
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Delafruita(m): 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
truthislight:

1. Buzugee
3: myamer45
JeSoul?humorous?dont think so

frosbel?hmm
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by truthislight: 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Jesoul? Seriously? She is cool but not funny.

Why am I not even there sef?

yea! she sure does have a very good sense of humor.

You are not there because of the criteria "humorous".

If it is ten(10) top "debaters" on NL then that is a diferent thing.

Is there any among the list that you feel your sense of humor superseeds?

Ofcouse if the list is expanded it will accomodat more names.

Let me attempt my top 10 debaters on NL religion section, no, 10 will be very difficult and tight. Say 15 or 20.

No, No, no, lol. It is not going to be an easy thing to do.

This is not as easy as picking for "humor"

the criteria has to be well defined, and the time/duration has to be stated.
I red the post of one Buda Atom, though he is not around in recent time, yet he was good.

So, "top 10"? It cant be exclusive, it Can only be a "favourite" list.

It is good to build ones idea constructively, though it may not be the "fact" at the end of the day.

However, On this, i will list as many a name as possible and definitely "NOT" on a "top" basis, but randomly.

Blablabalabalabalblablbla stop!
@macdady

i cant. If you wish go ahead then.
Bye.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by DeepSight(m): 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
I also had a telco with anony and can confirm he makes a strong oral debater. Sadly our reordng of the discussion crashed. We had hoped to post it here.

I hv always been up for meeting new peeps here and have met a few. Puts calm reality to things.

O Plaetton, i disagree with you on meeting Enigma. He is way too sensitive and dogmatic, but i still perceive a very decent guy ovrall.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 3:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
plaetton: It is so refreshing to see that Nigerians can voluntarily meet to cordially discuss contentious issues that they fundamentally dissagree on.
There is hope. We just have to build on that and increase the momentum.
We are the future.

I had no doubts that Anony is decent guy, though suffering from the stockholm syndrome. Lol grin

I would dread to meet Enigma. This guy seems to have a thing for me.
I am just trying to picture in my mind what a face to face meeting with him would be like.
First I would have to make sure my life insurance policy is duly paid up, have 911 on speed dial, no voice dialing, pack some heat myself in case it turns into a shootout, and then I could find out what he is fond of and take it with me as peace offering

Cool.

Top 5 people I would dread meeting in real life;

-Maclatunji
-Joagbaje (AKA Jo-dollar, Jo-tithe, Jo-cashflow)
-Vedaxcool
-Buzugee
-LagosShia
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2012
truthislight:

yea! she sure does have a very good sense of humor.

You are not there because of the criteria "humorous".

If it is ten(10) top "debaters" on NL then that is a diferent thing.

Is there any among the list that you feel your sense of humor superseeds?

Ofcouse if the list is expanded it will accomodat more names.

Let me attempt my top 10 debaters on NL religion section, no, 10 will be very difficult and tight. Say 15 or 20.

No, No, no, lol. It is not going to be an easy thing to do.

This is not as easy as picking for "humor"

the criteria has to be well defined, and the time/duration has to be stated.
I red the post of one Buda Atom, though he is not around in recent time, yet he was good.

So, "top 10"? It cant be exclusive, it Can only be a "favourite" list.

It is good to build ones idea constructively, though it may not be the "fact" at the end of the day.

However, On this, i will list as many a name as possible and definitely "NOT" on a "top" basis, but randomly.

Blablabalabalabalblablbla stop!
@macdady

i cant. If you wish go ahead then.
Bye.

Calm down. I was just pulling your legs. grin grin

Your list is okay, we all have our preferences.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
Deep Sight:
I also had a telco with anony and can confirm he makes a strong oral debater. Sadly our reordng of the discussion crashed. We had hoped to post it here.

I hv always been up for meeting new peeps here and have met a few. Puts calm reality to things.

O Plaetton, i disagree with you on meeting Enigma. He is way too sensitive and dogmatic, but i still perceive a very decent guy ovrall.

Anony is a decent guy, no doubt.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by CrazyMan(m): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
cyrexx: Wow. Ever since i read his first post earlier this year, i'd been wishing to meet the guy in person. There is something about him that is magnetic, i just love the brilliant way he defends christianity, i assumed he is a lawyer.

Seconded!

He's also topping my list on Nairalanders I would love to meet!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

SEX SCANDAL: Husband Writes Bishop Oyedepo, 'your Pastor Has Snatched My Wife' / The Bermuda Triangle / 5 Signs Your Star Is Under Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.