Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem (7537 Views)

Unlock Huawei E303 Modem And All Stubborn Modem Unlock Difficulties Solved! / Using An Unlocked Modem / Unlock Any Data Card Modem And Make It Useable On Any Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem by bloglover(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
I will like to know the difference between a universal modem and a particular network modem that is unlocked. Are there differences in terms of speed, durability,etc. Answers pls.
Re: Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 21, 2012
No difference in speed, durability, etc. Only the user interface differ.
Re: Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem by pneumaticos(m): 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
chuks315: No difference in speed, durability, etc. Only the user interface differ.

correct
Re: Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem by bloglover(m): 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
Tanx so much. Bt for example if i unlock a glo modem can i use it to subscribe for mtn hourly surf?
Re: Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem by Chikebrain: 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
bloglover: Tanx so much. Bt for example if i unlock a glo modem can i use it to subscribe for mtn hourly surf?
yes you can, all you need to do is to create a profile for MTN profile on the Glo Modem Interface. On the Glo interface, goto tools>options>profile management then configure. For more info you could goto www.louisint.2itb.com with your PC and chat with me live
Re: Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem by femi4: 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
bloglover: Tanx so much. Bt for example if i unlock a glo modem can i use it to subscribe for mtn hourly surf?
yes you can, with the network configuration below:
APN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Username: web
Password: web

1 Like

Re: Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem by Ojdanavigator(m): 2:39am On Sep 25, 2012
BRANDNEW MTN UNLIMITED BROWSING AND DOWNLOADING SETTINGS.

Browse and download at supersonic speed without using software on Nigeria's most gbanski network MTN!!!
Now that all software connection has been stopped, its blazing faster than ever. All you need is a modem 3G, EDGE or GPRS device- Recommended device for optimum speed a 3G or 4G device.... Other compatible devices can be your MTN Fastlink modem, Haewei modem, bb or Nokia phone.

FEATURES:
1) No extra software is needed, all you need is a modem, bb or any gprs enabled Nokia phone.
2) Download up to 30gigs daily if you like without being disconnected.
3) Watch/listen to live streaming on any website.
4) P2p application at high speed.

Cost only N3,000 get the settings anytime by sending the mtn voucher pin of N3,000 and E-mail ID to 081-3506-4049.
You can call me for further inquiries.

NOTE: pls, if you can't afford my very cheap tweak, don't bother to contact me because, this Mtn Unlimited Browsing & Downloading settings is not for kids.
Re: Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem by mavtrevor(m): 12:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
There is no difference between the two except that the network providers Sim-lock the modems as a sort of customization for their products.
Re: Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem by bloglover(m): 2:49am On Sep 27, 2012
Tanx so much...una too much.

(1) (Reply)

Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google / Please How Can I Check Data Balance On My Modem Without Removing...... / Buy Brand New Laptop, Desktop And IT Accessories In Nsukka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.