Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,472 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:00 PM

Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba (16351 Views)

Women And Female Lawyers Protest Rising Cases Of Rape In Kano(photos) / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by WHISTLEBLOWER1: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2012
A group of lawyers today protested against the disgraceful abandonment of roads that are leading to an economic downfall in the Abia State of Nigeria. According to a coalition of human rights groups, if nothing is urgently done to remedy the situation, the city of Aba would face imminent collapse.

The lawyers protested round Aba city wearing their gowns and yellow rainboots.

Photo credit: Foundation For Environmental Rights, Advocacy

http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-lawyers-protest-deplorable-state-roads-aba

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by WHISTLEBLOWER1: 10:04am On Sep 20, 2012
TA Orji should just resign.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Lasgidi007: 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
Wow!...Aba looks like a dump in this picture. I've been hearing that Aba was bad but I never thought it would be this bad.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by redsun(m): 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
Mehn!Is this a living habitat?I having goose pimple all iver me right now,it is a repulsive sight.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by doctokwus: 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2012
Is dis kind of news dat creates hate in d mind of otherwise decent pple& some pple will come out 2say y do u wish d person dead.Somebody shd tel me if a governor of such a state deserves 2 remain in dat seat.
Av always sed T.A. Orji shd be thousands of miles away frm any seat of governance,not evn a councillor in a ward

7 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by redsun(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
It doesnt seem loike there is any kind of rational organisation in that town,not even a family union.It is like rats dwelling.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abagworo(m): 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
Is this picture real? Someone should confirm it

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Bawss1(m): 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
Aba is like a big toilet.

Disgusting

angry
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
Is this for real?the past,and present governors should be shot dead...they are heartless,this roads are result of years of neglect...woe betides our leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
Jesus Christ of Abakaliki.

This is a PDP state? No wonder most Aba indigenes cant stay there
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Ournaija: 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2012
I still wonder why Abians allow this evil (TA Orji) to befall them. They should have chased him away the way Imo way.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
Tufiakwa!! sad sad sad sad
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Gonzaga1010(m): 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2012
Aba is really gud
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by SisiKill1: 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2012
I refuse to believe people live in the places those pictures show. .No way!! Not Even!!! undecided
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
Na lie,u kip coming here condemning Lagos,yet your state is awful,dirty,and disgusting
afam4eva: Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Reference(m): 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2012
Wonder if Theo's tenure lasts till 2015 because that will be one long, long wait. Pity.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by mazaje(m): 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
How can people live above 42 years when they live in such environment?. . .Life expectancy has to be very low when you live in such environment. . .
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Godjone(m): 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
What is dat grey headed cameleon cal theordore oji doing? So d state has worsen 2 dis extent and he has d nerves 2 crictize orji uzor kalu. Dis man must be remuv cos he knows noting abt democracy and gud governance. Do to his mis-rule, abi 2day has turn into a haven 4 kidnapers, old- women-rapist, armyrobbers, yahoo yahoo fraudsters, prostitution, asasination, pocket pickers, one-chance and so on. D youth must revolt b4 dia future is destroyed
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva: Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.

^^^You care to share pics of the 'decent' Aba you saw.....or we should just take your word for it? I am yet to see even one decent pic of that town.

It looks like a meteorite struck that road in the first pic, and left a massive crater.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
This is an oil producing state, and even though i'm not expecting development on the level of Akwa Ibom and Rivers, i would at least expect decent roads in Umuahia and Aba.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by emabe: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
Lasgidi007: Wow!...Aba looks like a dump in this picture. I've been hearing that Aba was bad but I never thought it would be this bad.
Its worse than d put depicts
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Biggyd2: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
My Lawdy lawdy! Eye sore! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by hollypagan: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
Aba is shit,this governor is very wicked look at his own state
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by obicentlis: 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
Abagworo: Is this picture real? Someone should confirm it
This is even small to so many parts of the town. I don't wish my enemy state to have T. A. Orji as councilor talk more of LGA chairman. Was born, breed and presently working in Aba but I ve not seen the kinda rascal govt. I pity Aba. You can see his achievements on the pages of newspaper and billboards.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Sanguine77(m): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2012
[quote author=Abagworo]Is this picture real? Someone should confirm it[/quote
The pictures are real. I was in Aba a couple of week back. The neglect's simply unimaginable.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by APII: 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2012

Those pictures are real, i don't think you really visited Aba, may be you didn't try very well in your mission to find bad road. The whole road in Aba is bad and thats why the lawyers are protesting. Aba as a city is dead, dead, dead dead. May God help Aba.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 5:56pm On Sep 20, 2012
Yomieluv: Na lie,u kip coming here condemning Lagos,yet your state is awful,dirty,and disgusting
Shut your azz...i'm not from Abia.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2012
APII:

Those pictures are real, i don't think you really visited Aba, may be you didn't try very well in your mission to find bad road. The whole road in Aba is bad and thats why the lawyers are protesting. Aba as a city is dead, dead, dead dead. May God help Aba.
I'm not saying those pictures are not real. They are, but they're not a true representation of the state of the whole of Aba as the wholeness of that city is not that astronomical.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by kennethik: 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2012
Why is it now that people are just waking from slumber, were they not there when he finished his first tenure and suddenly started another tenure. They should have waited until the economic of the state come to an end, why shouldn't what happened in imo state to take place in Abia well this a right step taken in a right other. Abia must be great because it is God's own state
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by obicentlis: 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2012
Am in Aba now, this is not even among the fifth worst deplored area. Aba is a messed. No single road is passable. Though you lied here but I can't wish you to be governed by T. A. Orji, even my worst enemy. If I have a means, I will upload my pics and you see that this pic is more pretty. I can't wait for 2015 and see God will deliver this State, though not my state but I owe my life to it.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You care to share pics of the 'decent' Aba you saw.....or we should just take your word for it? I am yet to see even one decent pic of that town.

It looks like a meteorite struck that road in the first pic, and left a massive crater.
You're yet to see a descent picture of Aba because the one's you've seen are the only pictures that can paint Aba as it's known to popular wisdom. Of course, we can't compare the senerity of Aba to those of Enugu, Owerri, Uyo or Calabar but it has some decent(average) places just like every other average city. Those pictures are not only astronomical but were taken in the eyes of mischief makers with a camera purchased from hell and produced by satan with materials assembled by his demons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hypocrisy!!! Pdp Chairman Adamu Mu'azu Signed Sharia into law in Bauchi / Babachir Lawal: Disband Sagay’s Committee For Giving SGF Clean Bill – Group / Opadokun: Asking Buhari To Change Service Chiefs Is Asking Him To Commit Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.