Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Why I Stopped Introduction Of N5,000 Note — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Stopped Introduction Of N5,000 Note — Jonathan (748 Views)

No Jewish Sign On New N100 Note,jonathan Is Not Anti-muslim – Presidency Replied / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped Introduction Of N5,000 Note — Jonathan by expertman(m): 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
Aso Rock on Thursday night finally confirmed that President Jonathan has backed down on the introduction of the controversial N5,000 note by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), but said it was only temporary.

Daily Independent broke the story on Thursday that the President had bowed to pressure to suspend introduction of the N5000 note.

According to Presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati; “the introduction is being suspended for now to enable the CBN do more enlightenment on the issue. Yes, President Jonathan has directed that the implementation of the new N5,000 note be suspended for now.

“This is to enablenable apex bank to do more in terms of enabling Nigerians understand why it proposed it in the first place. So, for now, the full implementation is on hold.”
Re: Why I Stopped Introduction Of N5,000 Note — Jonathan by Clerverly: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
The same thing he said about the Fuel Subsidy and then turned around to slam it on Nigerians on the New year day. Dont be surprised, if he chooses the 1ST of October to launch the 5000 Naira note as one of his numerous achievements grin. Trust this govt at your own peril undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Introduction Of N5,000 Note — Jonathan by Johndoe100(m): 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
As usual the illiterate people will read what they like into this. The introduction has been suspended. If you don't know what suspended means , please hire a teacher.
Re: Why I Stopped Introduction Of N5,000 Note — Jonathan by SkyBlue1: 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
expertman: Aso Rock on Thursday night finally confirmed that President Jonathan has backed down on the introduction of the controversial N5,000 note by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), but said it was only temporary.

Daily Independent broke the story on Thursday that the President had bowed to pressure to suspend introduction of the N5000 note.

According to Presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati; “the introduction is being suspended for now to enable the CBN do more enlightenment on the issue. Yes, President Jonathan has directed that the implementation of the new N5,000 note be suspended for now.

This is to enablenable apex bank to do more in terms of enabling Nigerians understand why it proposed it in the first place. So, for now, the full implementation is on hold.”

Simple. Should have been done in the first place.
Re: Why I Stopped Introduction Of N5,000 Note — Jonathan by hardywaltz(m): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2012
At this point Mallam Sanusi should resign, dat would be the honorable thing to do.
Re: Why I Stopped Introduction Of N5,000 Note — Jonathan by SkyBlue1: 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
hardywaltz: At this point Mallam Sanusi should resign, dat would be the honorable thing to do.

I don't see why he should. The issue could have been handled better and the public could have been carried along, that is not explicitly his job though.
Re: Why I Stopped Introduction Of N5,000 Note — Jonathan by Clerverly: 7:53am On Sep 21, 2012
Johndoe100: As usual the illiterate people will read what they like into this. The introduction has been suspended. If you don't know what suspended means , please hire a teacher.
But are'nt we free thinkers anymore?

(1) (Reply)

Madam Aviation And The President’s Friends / I Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko- Tinubu / Patience Jonathan Marks Her 55th Birthday (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.