Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,558 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck (11457 Views)

How GEJ's Govt. Used Bullion Vans To Cart Away N67.2bn From CBN - Premium Times / Police Arrest Bullion Van Robbers / IBB's Government Seized Buhari's Certificates - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by naptu2: 5:42am On Sep 21, 2012
[size=14pt]Govt to auction seized bullion van, truck[/size]

September 21, 2012 by Sesan Olufowobi

There were indications on Thursday that the Lagos State Government was making preparations to auction a bullion van and a truck impounded in the state for violating traffic laws.

The state Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences enforcement Unit had impounded the bullion van belonging to Bankers Warehouse in August.

The van with registration number BV 171 BDG was impounded on Creek Road, Apapa for driving against traffic while conveying money to a new generation bank in the area.

Also, a truck was impounded on the Third Mainland Bridge on Monday, also for driving against traffic.

A source said, “The vehicles were actually confiscated by the government. And since the governor did not want unused vehicles in the secretariat premises, they have to be disposed of.”

The task force Chairman, Mr. Bayo Sulaiman, confirmed the auction plan.

He said the government would, however, wait for two months before auctioning the vehicles.

He said, “Immediately we caught the drivers violating the traffic law, they automatically forfeited their vehicles to the government.

“The Section Seven of the road traffic law and Section Seven of the environmental law prescribed automatic seizure of any vehicle impounded in violation of the laws.

“But the laws also stated that we must wait for two month before we begin the process of auctioning such vehicles.

“There is no room for negotiation in this matter. The law is very clear. If we don’t do this, people will not respect these laws. We must do what the laws say.”

Sulaiman appealed to residents of the state to always obey the law, saying the government would no longer listen to “sentimental reasons” for flouting the law.

He said the task force was also working hard to rid the state of “miscreants” masquerading as “land grabbers.”

He said, “There is no space for them to operate in Lagos. It is an act of lawlessness for some people to just resort to violence and intimidation over land. Government will not allow it.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/govt-to-auction-seized-bullion-van-truck/
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by naptu2: 6:24am On Sep 21, 2012
Nemo judex in causa sua - No one can be a judge in his own cause.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by RichDad1(m): 9:32am On Sep 21, 2012
How much? I'm offering #100k VAT inclusive..... Lol
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by Afam4eva(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Isn't this stealing?? How can you sell something that's not yours.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
That means all vehicles seized will be auctioned abi? Too much money for Lagos State Government.this is a good way of making money.Eko Oni Baje o!
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by naptu2: 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
The Lagos State Government/LASTMA lost the court case last year because it allegedly acted as complainant, prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner.

Nemo judex in causa sua - you can't be a judge in your own cause.

Section 36 of the constitution guarantees the right to fair hearing.

Have they gotten a court order that will enable them auction off the vehicles?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva: Isn't this stealing?? How can you sell something that's not yours.
d law is stupid,dey shuld av jus put a fine.d law is jus owt to impoverish,d judiciary shuld review it.it is senseles to sel sm1ns thng cos he broke the law dats grave..dre are oda ways to punish

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by packman: 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2012

[size=20pt]THAT WAS THE QUESTI0N I WANTED TO ASK IS THIS NOT STEALING DOES THE LAW REALLY ALLOWS SEIZED GOODS TO BE SOLD OFF GOSH NIGERIA WHAT A COUNTRY[/size]
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by Zenas212(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
[hw san u cal auctioning stealin wen d law is very clear for all to see=afam4eva]Isn't this stealing?? How can you sell something that's not yours.[/quote]
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by tunjidj3: 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
He he he nigerian have to stand against this draconia law so they what to tell us that no other means of penalty for the offender except auctioning now this is becoming dictatorsahip not a democrat . We are looking ooooh.
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by billante(m): 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2012

My thoughts exactly....what kind of revenue generation pass this one?! Because i violate their so called traffic laws that sometimes is not my fault, cause most of their roads don't have one way sign! And they change the direction of the one way as it pleases them...they will claim ownership of a car I bought 4-5 million and I will loose my car. That stealing in d highest order! What happened to d fine.
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by Gonzaga1010(m): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hmmm!
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by omenziate(m): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
Fashola and dis him draconian laws, u wan turn Ghaddafi for our head ni?
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by strangest(m): 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
Fashola displaying the behaviours of a dictator.. Imagine if Nigeria enter this guy hand... Just imagine...

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
useless state; I now believe that fashola is a dictator

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by spicytayomic(m): 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
eko o ni baje ooooooooo.HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by kennytidistar(m): 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
selling other people properties? hmn! no comment but fashola we soon realised that Nigeria and lagos belong to all citizen the fact that you are a governor does not make you better that an ordinary man because you are once an ordinary man, you are just being priviledge and one day you will return to ordinary.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by zeefa: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
First thing first! Why must you violet d law in d first place! Fashola Govt are ONLY looking for ways nigerians could get those rules in2 their head n start doing something right when it comes to safety in our road! Please tell me! This actions is suppose to b taken by FRSC boss in d country! But they are just clueless human being who feels changing the plate numbers is the solution to the reckless driving in the country. After driving 4 then years in nigeria, I kw ao much it cost me to get a drivers license in the middle east! Cos their police are working and trying to at least set a gud mind set for every drivers on the road! Ensuring they understand d Do's n don't's ! I commend fashola Govt for a job well done. If auctioning of seized trucks wld make ppu seat tight then so be it. If am caught in the act, I don't mind to forfeit my car cos it wl serve as a lesson which I won't try 2 repeat again! Let who have ears hear! Eko oni baje o! To ba si baje, awa eyan na la wa nibe! Lo ba tan!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by gramci: 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
Since Lagos State Government has learnt how to shoot without missing, Lagos drivers will also have to learn how fly without perching.

LASTMA officials take note cos life no get duplicate.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by AZeD1(m): 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
I like this law. Too many idiots posing as drivers. I don't think any punishment is too much for someone driving against traffic. This law will curb the excesses of many drivers in the state. If you are a good driver, no need to worry.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by damoobaba: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
I hav an issue with this their one way stuff,most of these routes do not have any sign to show they are "one way" aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ of course the Agbero LASTMA officials are always quick to seize the opportunity to make extra cash.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by AZeD1(m): 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
damoobaba: I hav an issue with this their one way stuff,most of these routes do not have any sign to show they are "one way" aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ of course the Agbero LASTMA officials are always quick to seize the opportunity to make extra cash.
Thats my only problem with the law. All roads should be labelled properly.
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by successmen: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
IS FACEBOOK FOR SALE FOR DETAILS VISIT e-childtrust.com
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by strangest(m): 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
zeefa: First thing first! Why must you violet d law in d first place! Fashola Govt are ONLY looking for ways nigerians could get those rules in2 their head n start doing something right when it comes to safety in our road! Please tell me! This actions is suppose to b taken by FRSC boss in d country! But they are just clueless human being who feels changing the plate numbers is the solution to the reckless driving in the country. After driving 4 then years in nigeria, I kw ao much it cost me to get a drivers license in the middle east! Cos their police are working and trying to at least set a gud mind set for every drivers on the road! Ensuring they understand d Do's n don't's ! I commend fashola Govt for a job well done. If auctioning of seized trucks wld make ppu seat tight then so be it. If am caught in the act, I don't mind to forfeit my car cos it wl serve as a lesson which I won't try 2 repeat again! Let who have ears hear! Eko oni baje o! To ba si baje, awa eyan na la wa nibe! Lo ba tan!

ok, so tomorrow after auctioning the individuals truck which is also his means of livelihood and he turns to a criminal and starts robbing and shooting people, who do we blame?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by anicho(m): 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Abeg Will they auction the bullion van with d money in it?? #just wondering before i drop my bid.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by AZeD1(m): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
strangest:

ok, so tomorrow after auctioning the individuals truck which is also his means of livelihood and he turns to a criminal and starts robbing and shooting people, who do we blame?
Good idea, lets abolish all laws so people can do what they like instead of robbing..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by str8talk1: 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
I just cant understand pple criticising d law. d law is an ar$e. if u dont like it,then move out of Lagos. if am d Governor,i'll not only auction d siezed vehicle,i will insert into d law dat d initial owner shld pay 4 d cost of documentation for d new buyer.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by Maxymilliano(m): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
No wonder the law is an a.r.s.e
Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by chino4(m): 2:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
Fashola is d kind of leader Nigeria deserves,he is a great Leader.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by AZeD1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
str8_talk: I just cant understand pple criticising d law. d law is an ar$e. if u dont like it,then move out of Lagos. if am d Governor,i'll not only auction d siezed vehicle,i will insert into d law dat d initial owner shld pay 4 d cost of documentation for d new buyer.
Also ban him from owning/driving for 5 years

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by dammytosh: 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
chino4: Fashola is d kind of leader Nigeria deserves,he is a great Leader.

What kind of leader leads a Government with draconic laws. Where in the world will Government sell your car for violating traffic 'law'. If you were the owner of the car, u will change ur mode of thinking.

Especially where there is even no sign to show u do's and don't on the road.

No problem, Welcome to Lagos, the most corrupt city in the world come next year. Cos the law is designed to promote bribery and corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Seized Bullion Van, Truck by prettyboi1(m): 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
We Nigerians are very lawless people so we don't even know how good governments/governances operate. How is the government selling seized goods "stealing" or "dictatorial?" The law is there not to break,yet some people go & break these laws intentionally & would still come & open their stinking mouths & say "Naija no be better country at all." In case you guys don't know,when you break the law & you're caught & the government seizes your vehicle it automatically becomes their property & they can decide whatever they wish to do with their property. Auctioning the vehicles is one of the best options for them to generate some revenue to further run the government & provide more infrastructures that you,me & all Nigerians need to enjoy. Lagos state is working abeg,let other one of our Nigerian states take a cue from Fashola & his team. God Bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kill 29 Villagers. Burn 200 Homes In Borno / Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says / Return Of Fuel Subsidies Disturbing, IMF Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.