Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,436 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) (23486 Views)

Shear Butter And Coconut Oil / Reasons To Use Shea Butter(ori) For Your Skin / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by napa: 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2008
please i would like to know if it's true mthat shear butter(ori) helps rejuvenate damaged hair and does it prevent hair breakage?
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by efuah(f): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2008
Yes, very true, i use shea butter plus Palmers hair food for my hair, i also use only shea butter for my face, av been using it for almost 11years now! wink

1 Like

Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by realdemi(f): 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2008
Shea butter does miracles for the hair and body.

For the hair, rub it in every other day. Whenever, u are close to retouching, use it daily for like one week to the day of retouching. After retouching, your hair comes out silky and strengthened. no breakages and also dandruff-free. I use it and it works. The present stock of Shea-butter i have at home is from Zuru in Kebbi State. so any local stock of shea butter will just do.

Shea butter also gives your face a smoooth feel and rough knees, elbows, heels too. You might get darker using it on your face so applying it at night is quite okay.
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by ikamefa(f): 1:13am On Jan 17, 2008
shea-butter is natural and i have been using it for years on ma skin

just recently started applying it to my hair

really don't like the smell , but i love what it does for me

@topic apply it at night wink
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by ayeesha: 9:37am On Jan 17, 2008
just started using it a couple of weeks ago on my hair and the result is off the hook!

my hair no longer breaks like it used to and its always silky and shiny, even when its due for retouching.

dint really like the smell at the beginning but i noticed that after a while, the smell wears off.

i dnt mix mine with any other hair product, just plain shear butter.

my hair grows faster now too.

1 Like

Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by william01: 6:29am On Apr 06, 2009
Hi,
This is William01. I will give the information about the Hand and Body Lotion- with Shea Butter, Castle Baths.

===============
william01
visit
Hand and Body Lotion- with Shea Butter
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by tpia: 8:49am On Apr 06, 2009
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by TOYOSI20(f): 8:54pm On Apr 06, 2009
Most conditioners now have a shea butter base in them, which adds moisture to dry or damaged hair from the roots to the very tips,

repairing and protecting against weather damage, dryness and brittleness.

Be it dandruff, or jut plain dry itchy scalp, some people even call it a miracle in a bottle!! cheesy
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by tope2000(f): 12:26am On Apr 07, 2009
But the smell is disgusting angry lipsrsealed
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by loisamy: 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2009
Shear butter is very nice. I think we have to appreciate what we have in Africa cos u need to see how the white are seriously looking for West Africa shear butter. have been using it for more than 1 year and my skin is very smooth. The one i buy doesn't smell bad and have introduced my family to it.
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by mohawkchic(f): 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2009
~ grin Taking notes to pass on or for future purposes wink

~I didnt know Y'll call it Ori too . .kwel that!

~The only uses i knew it had was for

*Applying on New born babies to either help peel off skin ,or applied under the feet/chest/ribs of the baby to keep out the cold. . .

~I've still got a jar Of Ori my Nana Sent me when i had my Baby,Oh B.T.W it doesnt expire huh?  undecided  It's been 7 yrs . .  grin
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by BobiJoe: 2:56pm On Apr 16, 2009
can this shea butter be applied on jheri curled hair?
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by tpia: 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2009
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by isiuche: 1:29am On Feb 25, 2010
its one of the best free gifts of nature,
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by bluespice(f): 2:41am On Feb 25, 2010
i could go on and on about how good it is
applied it once to my hair and felt it visibly get soft

loving it!
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2010
I'm getting a huge jar of shea butter from walmart- saw it there the other day.
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by olyluv22(f): 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
embarassedHi guys.pls I rily nid ur advise.I dnt knw if sheabutter is gud for pimples,rashes as well as spots.I rily nid sumtin I cld trust and dat wld help me deal wit dese stufs on my face.pls any suggestions.tanx
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by omorttee4u(m): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Our 1st grade unrefined Shea butter is obtained by manual and mechanical processes and by application of heat, without altering ...we sell in kilos and tons..you can contact me for samples : omorttee4u@yahoo.com +2348164432801
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by badeji01: 8:53am On Jan 09, 2014
535kg unrefined shea butter freshly processed is available.
I am a processor of unrefined shea butter. I produced for cosmestic companies in Nigeria.
Contact us for your bulk order.
Badeji01@yahoo.com
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by marketresearch: 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
Shea butter is an off- white or ivory-colored fat extracted from the nut of the African shea tree (Vitellaria paradoxa). Shea butter is a triglyceride (fat) derived mainly from stearic acid and oleic acid. It is widely used in cosmetics as a moisturizer, salve or lotion. Shea butter is edible and is used in food preparation in Africa. Occasionally, the chocolate industry uses shea butter mixed with other oils as a substitute for cocoa butter, although the taste is noticeably different.

for Nigerians looking for Shea butter in the US, you can get your ingredients here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/shea-butter
Re: Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
Incredibly fabulous mate cheesy

(1) (Reply)

See Through Tops/bra Less Tops / I Need A Review Of Nivea Natural Fairness Body Lotion / Ladies! What Cologne's Do You Love To Smell On A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.