Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

My '99 Toyota Camry issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My '99 Toyota Camry issue (1540 Views)

My 99 Model Toyota Camry Is Jerking Uncontrollably / I need Advice On This Newly Aquired '99 Toyota Corolla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My '99 Toyota Camry issue by Saintp(m): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
I use a 99 camry. I noticed that one sensor/wire around the injector mouth area was not plugged in. When i plugged it in and drove i noticed the car jerking intermittently. The mechanic said that particular sensor is responsible for steaming and since i'm driving without it i should not bother to put it back. I asked him to change it but he said the whole injector mouth has to be replaced.I'm having the feeling that driving without it is increasing my fuel consumption. My electrician said he will replace the injector mouth for me while my mechanic also wants to do the job. Please who should i give it to? and does it make sense changing the injector mouth? Please auto gurus help me out. Tanx.
Re: My '99 Toyota Camry issue by Ikenna351(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
Saintp: I use a 99 camry. I noticed that one sensor/wire around the injector mouth area was not plugged in. When i plugged it in and drove i noticed the car jerking intermittently. The mechanic said that particular sensor is responsible for steaming and since i'm driving without it i should not bother to put it back. I asked him to change it but he said the whole injector mouth has to be replaced.I'm having the feeling that driving without it is increasing my fuel consumption. My electrician said he will replace the injector mouth for me while my mechanic also wants to do the job. Please who should i give it to? and does it make sense changing the injector mouth? Please auto gurus help me out. Tanx.

There is nothing called Injector mouth. We need to know what it is first, to know what we are dealing with. If you can, take a picture of the "Injector Mouth" and attach it to this thread. We will take it from there.

If I guess, its Throttle body that you are refering to as Injector Mouth. But I need to be sure that I guessed right. Besides, no guess work with EFI.

Ikenna.
Re: My '99 Toyota Camry issue by Saintp(m): 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2012
Thanks Ikenna,the pix i took was not clear so i'll try n get another one. i'm thinking of changing my engine and injector. The engine is not as sound as it should be anyway.
Re: My '99 Toyota Camry issue by cretin: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2012
lol @ injector mouth.................

ur car should be throwing an engine check code...so no light on the dash board?..if so..scan the car
Re: My '99 Toyota Camry issue by Saintp(m): 10:35am On Sep 30, 2012
cretin: lol @ injector mouth.................

ur car should be throwing an engine check code...so no light on the dash board?..if so..scan the car

There is a check engine light on the dash board. I have scanned it, it gave 9208 code but could not go further instead it was displaying error indicating it couldnt communicate with the ECU. i was told my rewire has messed up the circuitry of the car.
Re: My '99 Toyota Camry issue by cretin: 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
hmmmm...rewires!!!!....i really wonder y people patronize these quacks!!!..........am really blind in this case..since ur ecu cant be scanned. sorry no advice to give
Re: My '99 Toyota Camry issue by sultaan(m): 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
our Camry didn't have issue ya'll didn't create, now learn to undo it all by comparing the engine connection to one that has not been tampered with
Re: My '99 Toyota Camry issue by sultaan(m): 8:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
There is something called job security, it then do there job well, they park their Lexus behind the shop where they fix Toyotas wink

(1) (Reply)

Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock / Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving / Kia Rio 2013 For Sale. Company Used,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.