Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews (92275 Views)

9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs / Questions Concerning Your Preferred Salary Scale During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
Imanuelle:

Saw dis question in an NLNG internship test last year.

God bless you... That's my point
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by dukenestor(m): 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee: How many animals of each sex did Moses take with him on the ark?
Noah nt Moses da tuk animals in2 d ark

4 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee: Mrs Brown's bungalow is decorated entirely in pink. The carpet, lampshades, ceiling, walls etc. are all pink. What color are her stairs?
. . . . .this was the exact question that was asked a beauty queen contestants in one of d numerous Nigerian Beauty Pageants, she answered wit swags that "d staircase will be pink"smh. Maybe dere r bungalows wit staircase in her house anyway!

3 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
chukxy44: D answer is 1. Male and female.

Wrong!... Moses was not the one who built the ark.. It was Noah
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee:

Sure sir... I work with AIM Group

Okay º°˚ .....
Just asking, cos most ppl dat make up such articles are jobless!
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
Kslib:
An electric train does not blow smoke.. Remain small i for shout west...

Lol
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by atakiti(m): 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
Na wa o! ;DNa wa o!
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
That attorney is my brother, testified the accountant. But the attorney testified he didn't have a brother. Who is lying?
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by mike404(m): 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
B_B013: Oh boy I be olodo I no even fit answer one question.. Choi!!! grin
Bros you no need to tell us say you be olodo before we go know gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by alphaconde(m): 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
I failed the bungalow question during the widescope test, got to figure it out when I already got home, after that day I felt really embarrassed I travelled from edo state to lagos just to attempt doggy questions. It was after that interview I made a decision about my life
I stopped searching for jobs
I picked up an Msc form
Decided to face my small business and watch it grow
Sincerely I think these employers make a fool outta job seekers
I really don't think questions and answer like this reveals the worth or input of an individual
I can't stand before these embarrassment again the least thing close to it is when I start employing people or after my PhD.
Nija is fu..cked

8 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
alpha conde: I failed the bungalow question during the widescope test, got to figure it out when I already got home, after that day I felt really embarrassed I travelled from edo state to lagos just to attempt doggy questions. It was after that interview I made a decision about my life
I stopped searching for jobs
I picked up an Msc form
Decided to face my small business and watch it grow
Sincerely I think these employers make a fool outta job seekers
I really don't think questions and answer like this reveals the worth or input of an individual
I can't stand before these embarrassment again the least thing close to it is when I start employing people or after my PhD.
Nija is fu..cked

Hmmm.... Nice idea tho.

God bless your Biz
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by mabelly: 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
one (i so fail'd this one)
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Weirdone(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee: That attorney is my brother, testified the accountant. But the attorney testified he didn't have a brother. Who is lying?
none of them is cos the accountant is female

3 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by dikkybutt(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee: That attorney is my brother, testified the accountant. But the attorney testified he didn't have a brother. Who is lying?

Nobody lied. The Accountant is a female. Very fine and she just cleared her ICAN.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
mabelly:
one

Noah built the ark, not Moses
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Alaafialoro(m): 11:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
Well,u don‘t need to be a male to be an accountant,so they are not lying as d accountant is his sister.

2 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by emekaD3(m): 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
Nice Nice Nice

2 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

Well,u don‘t need to be a male to be an accountant,so they are not lying as d accountant is his sister.
Weirdone:
dikkybutt:

Nobody lied. The Accountant is a female. Very fine and she just cleared her ICAN.
Weirdone:

Yeah right!
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee:

This thread has been created to help post some technical questions and its answers (not until we've tried tho) so as to help us have some backup preparations when preparing for a job interview..

The problem is that you are assuming that "technical" questions have "answers" cast in stone, or that the same technical questions would be repeated over and over again with the same sure answers. If interview questions are supposed to test your intelligence, mental acuity/alertness, and creativity, then they can hardly have ready-made, mass-produced answers.

Instead, it has everything to do with one's thought process(es) - in other words, spontaneity and quick wit. After all, any dumb fool can 'cram' a ready-made answer and spew it out in response to an anticipated ready-made question. That is hardly a sign of intelligence, or is it? At least not if I were the interviewer.

No wonder too many unqualified buffoons get employed (and get admitted into universities) ahead of better qualified individuals in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by mecus4love(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
What type of country is this? What use are these questions to the company?
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by solomon201(m): 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
Why is it against the law for a man living in North to be buried in South?
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by erniok(m): 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
Tot bungalows do have basements and u need a staircase to reach it.

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by alphaconde(m): 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
mecus4love: What type of country is this? What use are these questions to the company?
My exact concern, me think they don't hv the job in the first place someone once said "people don't get jobs cus there are no jobs" not becus they fail tricky questions like this.

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by hardbody: 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
I have tons of these brain wrackers in a compendium of Logic texts, although it is in soft copy. Any interested NLander can send an email and I will send a copy to them. Although I must confess I never read beyond the first few pages. Fortunately I am gainfully employed and so would not b needing those question and answer sessions. Before I forget, Accenture embarrassed me with one of those questions way back in time, I felt very stupid when I got home and realized I goofed.

8 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by alphaconde(m): 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
erniok: Tot bungalows do have basements and u need a staircase to reach it.

There's always no time for such argument cus the only response u get is either u are called or not. But the truth is that some of those questions can be argue to get different answers but they have the knife and the yam

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by erniok(m): 11:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee: Why is it against the law for a man living in North to be buried in South?
You don't bury the living.

2 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Weirdone(m): 11:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee: Why is it against the law for a man living in North to be buried in South?
guess that wud be murder 'burying the living' even for east.. Hehe
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
pro01:

The problem is that you are assuming that "technical" questions have "answers" cast in stone, or that the same technical questions would be repeated over and over again with the same sure answers. If interview questions are supposed to test your intelligence, mental acuity/alertness, and creativity, then they can hardly have ready-made, mass-produced answers.

Instead, it has everything to do with one's thought process(es) - in other words, spontaneity and quick wit. After all, any dumb fool can 'cram' a ready-made answer and spew it out in response to an anticipated ready-made question. That is hardly a sign of intelligence, or is it? At least not if I were the interviewer.

No wonder too many unqualified buffoons get employed (and get admitted into universities) ahead of better qualified individuals in this country.

I get your point man. But this same questions has been repeated over and over...

So being informed isn't a bad idea. I've never come across such but I have relatives and friends who have come across them. Some are knowing this for the first time and it wouldn't be a bad thing for them to know that one don't just jump and answer a question that looks simple.

They might not repeat this, but the knowledge here would help few to understand how to approach this kind of questions.
Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by erniok(m): 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
alpha conde:

There's always no time for such argument cus the only response u get is either u are called or not. But the truth is that some of those questions can be argue to get different answers but they have the knife and the yam
That's where u are wrong. Most interviewers lookout for candidates who think outside the box.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

United African State Job Real/fake / NNPC Recruitment 2012 Is Here! / UNILORIN Recruitment | The University Of Ilorin – August 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.