Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:09 PM

New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 (7230 Views)

Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 / National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Countryman93: 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
The National Good Governance Tour entered its day 2 with a visit by the media team to Maitama Extension District, outer Northern expressway, Usman Dam Gurara/lower Usman dam, Kubwa satellite town, Kagini District 1 Abuja North West Phase 4.

The team led by the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, was accompanied round by FCTA officials to the project sites.

In line with his transformation agenda, president Jonathan had embarked on aggressive development of Maitama extension which has a total of 1700 plots of high density,low and medium density buildings, covering 231 hectares.

This district was awarded in May 2011 and took off in October 2011, at the cost of 23.65 bn Naira with 100% Nigerian engineers and local content geared towards Local capacity growth. It has a road network of 21km which is under construction by Mangrovetech(a local construction company)

The tour extended to Usman Dam in Bwari where the Jonathan administration
is constructing a 20,00m3/Hr Lower Usuma Dam Water Treatment Plant. The project has reached 96% completion and will be the largest water treatment plant in Africa when it is commissioned by December.

In addition, there is an Abuja water Masterplan. It is designed to supply 80 million litres of water to Abuja residents to avoid water crisis as seen in major cities. Water is supplied through gravitational flow from Usman Dam. Tanks 2,3,4,5 have been done and set, tank 1&6 are 90% completed and will be delivered(tank 1 December 2011) tank 6(2013 April). Tank 1 in Dawaki will supply 40 million litres,Apo will give 40 million litres. Each tank has 4 compartments of 10 million litres each and the distance between Dawaki and Apo projects is about 68 km of twin pipeline which is 80% laid. This project was awarded in 2006 and was abandoned till GEJ stepped in through the FCT minister Bala Mohammed

The media team also visited the outer Northern expressway Lot 1 & 2.
It is a 10 lane expansion road project covering over 20.3 km length.
The project was awarded in 2009 and has reached 85% completion under the Jonathan administration.

It has a 3 interchange structure,Ring roads, bridges, drainages all completed. The street lights have also been completed but are on testing and will soon be energized.

The media team inspected ongoing construction and massive infrastructural development of Kubwa satellite towns, Kagini District 1, Jahi etc. The pictures are attached herewith.

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Countryman93: 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
more pics

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Bukkyade: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
Oh nice. Pls keep updating us with adequate info on the trip. I love this administration.

1 Like

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Dollarman101: 11:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
I want to know when this team will visit Akwa Ibom. They will sure have a lot of projects to sample in Akwa Ibom.
It's goona be fun having them around especially Maku.
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:09am On Sep 22, 2012
Dollarman101: I want to know when this team will visit Akwa Ibom. They will sure have a lot of projects to sample in Akwa Ibom.
It's goona be fun having them around especially Maku.

^^^You know of any on-going federal projects in Akwa Ibom?; i can't think of any.
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by ubandire(m): 7:22am On Sep 22, 2012
Has any previous administration In this country taken out time to sensitize the people on projects being executed,there's so much transparency in this GEJ led govt,that u tend to forget u are actually in Nigeria,a very clear departure from the past,when govt brandished achievements only on paper.

This is Change we can see,unless bias is ur second name,the transformation agenda is really on track.
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Dollarman101: 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You know of any on-going federal projects in Akwa Ibom?; i can't think of any.

That is why I want them to come so that we clarify certain issues. A lot of rumours everywhere. There are roads claimed to have been done by Akpabio which the opposition claims is being done by Fg. The tour will definitely reveal the whole truth.
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Louis88: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
I stay in Kubwa. I must confirm that the FG did a good work on the outer Northern expressway a.k.a Kubwa express. It has decongested the usual vehicular traffic that we experience on a daily basis. It takes less than 30 mins to get to town as against the 1 hour plus before. The road is now always free. kudos GEJ.

1 Like

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Bukkyade: 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
Countryman93: The National Good Governance Tour entered its day 2 with a visit by the media team to Maitama Extension District, outer Northern expressway, Usman Dam Gurara/lower Usman dam, Kubwa satellite town, Kagini District 1 Abuja North West Phase 4.

The team led by the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, was accompanied round by FCTA officials to the project sites.

In line with his transformation agenda, president Jonathan had embarked on aggressive development of Maitama extension which has a total of 1700 plots of high density,low and medium density buildings, covering 231 hectares.

This district was awarded in May 2011 and took off in October 2011, at the cost of 23.65 bn Naira with 100% Nigerian engineers and local content geared towards Local capacity growth. It has a road network of 21km which is under construction by Mangrovetech(a local construction company)

is constructing a 20,00m3/Hr Lower Usuma Dam Water Treatment Plant. The project has reached 96% completion and will be the largest water treatment plant in Africa when it is commissioned by December.

In addition, there is an Abuja water Masterplan. It is designed to supply 80 million litres of water to Abuja residents to avoid water crisis as seen in major cities. Water is supplied through gravitational flow from Usman Dam. Tanks 2,3,4,5 have been done and set, tank 1&6 are 90% completed and will be delivered(tank 1 December 2011) tank 6(2013 April). Tank 1 in Dawaki will supply 40 million litres,Apo will give 40 million litres. Each tank has 4 compartments of 10 million litres each and the distance between Dawaki and Apo projects is about 68 km of twin pipeline which is 80% laid. This project was awarded in 2006 and was abandoned till GEJ stepped in through the FCT minister Bala Mohammed

The project was awarded in 2009 and has reached 85% completion under the Jonathan administration.

It has a 3 interchange structure,Ring roads, bridges, drainages all completed. The street lights have also been completed but are on testing and will soon be energized.

The media team inspected ongoing construction and massive infrastructural development of Kubwa satellite towns, Kagini District 1, Jahi etc. The pictures are attached herewith.

Wow! That's massive
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by uzomagic(m): 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
ubandire:

Has any previous administration In this country taken out time to sensitize the people on projects being executed,there's so much transparency in this GEJ led govt,that u tend to forget u are actually in Nigeria,a very clear departure from the past,when govt brandished achievements only on paper.

This is Change we can see,unless bias is ur second name,the transformation agenda is really on track.
Nigeria is on the right track. GEJ will be remembered for his good work
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Countryman93: 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
Louis88: I stay in Kubwa. I must confirm that the FG did a good work on the outer Northern expressway a.k.a Kubwa express. It has decongested the usual vehicular traffic that we experience on a daily basis. It takes less than 30 mins to get to town as against the 1 hour plus before. The road is now always free. kudos GEJ.

True talk but rent in Kubwa has increased. People are now rushing to live in Kubwa ..

1 Like

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Countryman93: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
The bad side to the road constructions is increase in rent. The Bwari road from Dutse junction has been completed down to the Nigerian Law school. Many people now rush to such places to escape the big rents in AMAC. it takes lesser time to Acess the city centre from Bwari so it's no big deal stayinng in all those satellite towns located in area councils
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Mekusnwa: 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin FRESH AIR grin grin grin grin
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by uzomagic(m): 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
Countryman93: The bad side to the road constructions is increase in rent. The Bwari road from Dutse junction has been completed down to the Nigerian Law school. Many people now rush to such places to escape the big rents in AMAC. it takes lesser time to Acess the city centre from Bwari so it's no big deal stayinng in all those satellite towns located in area councils
Thankfully, the tour has revealed ongoing projects in satellite towns like Kubwa, Bwari and Gwagwalada. When completed, satellite towns will have the same level of infrastructure as the city centre. People won't mind paying more to live in areas with better infrastructure and ease of access to the City Centre via the massive road expansion and construction projects ongoing on most of the roads to the satellite towns.TRANSFORMATION IS REAL!!!

1 Like

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Bukkyade: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shebi they said GEJ is clueless this that? Under whose govt are these things coming up? Wérè ni wón
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by dedeike: 2:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
Bukkyade: Shebi they said GEJ is clueless this that? Under whose govt are these things coming up? Were ni e
grin under OLD GBAWE as President. DEMDEM Vice President. KOBOJUNKIE SGF.

4 Likes

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by johnlittle: 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
Countryman93: The National Good Governance Tour entered its day 2 with a visit by the media team to Maitama Extension District, outer Northern expressway, Usman Dam Gurara/lower Usman dam, Kubwa satellite town, Kagini District 1 Abuja North West Phase 4.

Not all the bridges have been completed ooo. The bridge linking Katamkpe Extension has not been totally completed. I passed there two days ago. They're still working there. @Op, mark it
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
What an eye-opener!
And here i was, thinking he was dulling...
Bad news seems to have put a veil over his good deeds!

1 Like

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by dustydee: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
what does that mean? Yar'adua started it but didn't live to see its completion, the present government ought to have completed it last year but still haven't so why are they taking credit for not completing a project on schedule?
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by jadakiss213(m): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2012
I am sure some eediots would still come here and spew rubbish...fact is The GEJ led government is working.Not as bad as people paint the whole situation..There's hope abeg
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by amobii: 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2012
ubandire:

There was something like back in OBJ regime, Jerry Gana came to my school to inspect ongoing project, he was going round d state round d federation including other parties state, it was in osun state and Baba Bisi Akande told him to stay away from his state project, I was in poly Ede when he came to inspect PTF project, but there is no platform like this to follow project from fg/state admin.
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by cutievik: 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2012
Bukkyade:

Wow! That's massive
You mean u had to quote the whole page jst to write this? Kindly tell me: how old r u?

2 Likes

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Elueme: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
GEJ IS WORKING , NIGERIA IS BEING TRANSFORMED BUT SABOTEURS STILL WOULDN'T ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT IS OBVIOUS...CARRY GO JOOR, JONA ALL THE WAY
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Dukeofgarri: 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2012
dustydee:
what does that mean? Yar'adua started it but didn't live to see its completion, the present government ought to have completed it last year but still haven't so why are they taking credit for not completing a project on schedule?
every new government never complete the work of a past administration, they forget it and starttheir own project and vision 2040. I don't like this man, not for nothing, but i give honor where honor is due. if every govt completes every project of past administration, nIgeria will be better today. Keep it up GEJ. angry
P.S I NEVER ENDORSE U O,I WANT MORE WORK. THIS ONE NEVER DO

2 Likes

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Everest9(m): 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
nice work
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Mallamabdul: 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
The beauty of it all is just that GEJ shuns politics and sentiments to sustain whatever projects inherited from previous presidents. He loves starting from there and completing it. That's the hallmark of great leadership. Some leaders prefer to shy away from inherited projects and start there own so that they will be credited with it. But it's not so with Jonathan. Jonathan has revived so many abandoned projects especially the power stations

2 Likes

Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Bukkyade: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2012
cutievik: You mean u had to quote the whole page jst to write this? Kindly tell me: how old r u?
Actually 27.
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Vogue50: 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2012
I have seen the Kagini 1 district. The development of infrastructure is going really fast. More grease to your elbow Bala Mohammed
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
I've lived in Kubwa Satellite town for 21years now. And I must commend the current GEJ administration. The kubwa express used to be traffic-jammed nd going into town was hell!
The inner roads were even worse, to the extent that commercial green buses stopped following inside kubwa to the last Bus stop. Back when banks came into Phase4 kubwa, they tarred the section of the road leading there.
All that is past now, my beloved Kubwa has been transformed. Getting to town is now 10mins from my estate. Thumbs up GEJ. Fresh Air!!!
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by garripack: 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
[size=30pt]TO HELL WIT MR PRESIDENT HIS GOVT. HIS ASSOCIATE HIS CLIQS TO HELL WIT DEM ALL RUBBISH[/size]
Re: New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 by superior1: 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
40 Laptops doing what they know best

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice / Musiwa see what Nigeria Govt Injustice Is Doing To School In Western Niger / Debt Profile Of Nigerian States. party-by-party Basis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.