Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2394880 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Rossikk(m): 4:03am On Dec 26, 2012
There's nothing impressive about most of these roads being posted here. Absolutely substandard rubbish featuring 11th century open drains and no pedestrian sidewalks. Even brand new estates being constructed with open drains? That's atrocious.

These so called leaders travel abroad all the time. Where and where do they see open drains and no sidewalks in their travels? I've never seen where building roads without sidewalks is seen as ''impressive'' and ''the governor trying''. It's ludicrous. Pedestrians have every bit as much right to a designated walking space, as do cars to driving lanes. We need to reject this mediocre nonsense and insist on covered drainage with sidewalks on every road being built in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seanet01: 4:13am On Dec 26, 2012
Is this what somebody is calling governance? Look at the roads, even a local government can do better than this. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by geeez: 6:50am On Dec 26, 2012
I like the idea of using precast building elements but those roads are washy

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by norabenok: 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
These so called leaders from SE travel to Cross River and Akwa Ibom states, not just only to abroad. But they come home in Igboland to do open gutters and no side walks roads; open gutters that breed malaria they know is number one killer disease in their states. They embark on building fancy projects when their citizens die from waterborne disease due to lack of running water. How many areas in Imo state can boast of pipe borne water today? In their days, even the colonial masters were able to provide running water for nearly every urban and sub-urban area in what is now known as Imo state. Today, ask any Imo state citizen about running water, he would reply you that they are now used to private bore hole water. No body asks questions about running water again. But Borehole water in most cases is unwholesome, even if given standard home purification. Imo state government said it has privatized supply of water. Whatever that means!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by norabenok: 10:12am On Dec 30, 2012
Abagworo and others wonder why the population of Owerri has doubled in the last two years. Why? Public running water is the first of amenities that sustain any city. Owerri may have little running water but it has two big streams, such that when public water taps dry up, and the big men that have private water boreholes shut their gates, people can go to any of the streams to get water. Okigwe, and especially, Orlu, have no public water supply system and have no big streams. So Imo people must continue to migrate to live in Owerri despite the boulevards/street lights being built now in Okigwe and Orlu. Cities are NEVER sustained with private water boreholes. Imo state is not yet ripe for privatization of water supply; it is the state government's business at this stage to provide running water to citizens.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 10:21am On Dec 30, 2012
Rural

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 06, 2013
I wonder what rochas is doing here...?
It's a new road near nworie river.

I also noticed that river is being dredged,i think in partnership with NNDC.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
centje: I wonder what rochas is doing here...?
It's a new road near nworie river.

I also noticed that river is being dredged,i think in partnership with NNDC.

^^^Looks like one of his numerous gates. Any other recent pics of Owerri/Imo state?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Looks like one of his numerous gates. Any other recent pics of Owerri/Imo state?
nah...i just snapped this one when i passed through owerri. Its look fine but i don't like gates on roads,especially within the city.

Do you know the purpose of the river project?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ikeyman00(m): 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
@@@@

Is this what somebody is calling governance? Look at the roads, even a local government can do better than this. Nonsense

i tire oo

the same with lagos lipsrsealed
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 5:32am On Jan 08, 2013
New Orlu Plaza

New Odenigbo Guest House
'
Ojukwu Center

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 5:38am On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:48am On Jan 08, 2013
Going by the funds accruable to Imo State, Rochas is the best resource manager.

@maje please label the road pictures so that we know which parts of the State they are located.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2013
Personally took this one near Awo while approaching the Njaba bridge on Owerri/Onitsha road.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 7:49am On Jan 08, 2013
Abagworo: Going by the funds accruable to Imo State, Rochas is the best resource manager.

@maje please label the road pictures so that we know which parts of the State they are located.

No problem! Some of those are from Ohakim's time (pictures), but a few are of PH road and idk the other one
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:09am On Jan 08, 2013
[quote author=]

No problem! Some of those are from Ohakim's time (pictures), but a few are of PH road and idk the other one[/quote]

The design of that Okigwe road from Orji and Orlu road is the worst in Imo State and done by Ohakim admin. Meanwhile there are some achievements that are not roads or bridges as Nigerians generally seem to believe.

ITC Transportation takes delivery of new buses, opens additional bays, expands operations into Ghana.

Gov. Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha has commended the management Global Ginika Services under Mr. Emeka Duru for reviving Imo Transport Company into a profitable venture.

In a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Media, Mr. Ebere Uzoukwa, the governor said his vision for the state as replicated in ITC is to build a new Imo that will create great opportunities for the citizenry. He stated that the state government has generated over 200 million Naira from ITC under the new concession agreement that transferred its management to Global Ginikana Services Limited with over 1000 job opportunities created for Imolites.

The governor posited that with over N3billion Naira investment flow into ITC by the present management, the company has no doubt ranked the  best government owned road transport company in the country.

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/12/19/itc-transportation-takes-delivery-of-new-buses-opens-70-loading-bays-and-set-to-commence-routes-to-ghana/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hotel Hotel and more hotel everywhere? Is Owerri a transit town? undecided
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 3:05am On Jan 09, 2013
tourist hub.
Is there a problem?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 09, 2013
tourist hub.
Is there a problem?

What? Seriously? When has the east become a tourist destination in Nigeria? and Owerri of all places ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2013
I know I travel to the east on vacation.
It's the nicest looking part of the country apart from the Efik region and Abuja
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2013
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 10, 2013
Am sure...lots of eastern folks don't share on that your opinion
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 6:48am On Jan 10, 2013
Well, these hotels aren't filled with spirits lol.

They're prospering. There wouldn't be so many if there wasn't a demand so it's not a matter of opinion, the free market has spoken. You should visit owerri some time. The people are very warm and inviting, atmosphere is laid back (though that's changing) there's great hotels and they're always throwing parties, plus lots of beautiful women!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2013
One of those pictures is of Umuahia.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 10, 2013
I love the city of owerri. I just hope owerri doesn't turn out to be another ph; the former garden city,but overpopulation and industsalization has taken away that glory.

The hotel business is thriving that is why more people are investing it. And is a big business in owerri because alot of people come into the city. Its as simple as that. More big hotels are even springing up along owerri ph highway.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2013
I look at this pic posted (don't know if it's Owerri or Umuahia) and i get so angry angry angry; one can see that -but for the 'local champion' mindset of the governor responsible- that road could have been turned into a showpiece.....a wide tree-lined boulevard; with pavements, street lighting, traffic lighting and road markings.

These governors travel abroad almost every month, and see how well constructed and functional major city roads are, so why the hell can't they replicate this in their state capitals angry?; these analogue/local champion governors are just ruining our cities, and anyone taking over with an up-to-date/21st century mindset would have to spend more money correcting all this rubbish!

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
I completely agree. Any one of these roads can be transformed just by building them to an international standard instead of a local one. There is a lack of something as common as sidewalks in Imo state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:35am On Jan 28, 2013
Rochas is trying, but they need to do a bit more in clearing all the clutter, rubbish and dirt on the road sides; and properly tend to the trees/shrubs they're planting in the middle and on both sides of the roads so they're appealing to the eye.

video courtesy of naijanedutv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHb94F1ntnY
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
Short video of Owerri courtesy of Christopher Osuohia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbD5lwcNbt8

I notice this section of Owerri is looking neater than it did late last year, and the grass better maintained.....looks like they've listened to my earlier complaint and started sweeping the streets more often; though i noticed a bit of clutter/rubbish here and there.....but nothing major.

Nice one Rochas. smiley

Now to look for video clips of other parts of town! wink
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by norabenok: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
@PROUD-IGBO, IGBO-SON and ; That's beautiful of Owerri out there. Great. Please can u show the latest in Orlu and Okigwe?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 12:31am On Jul 08, 2013
norabenok :
@PROUD-IGBO, IGBO-SON and ; That's beautiful of Owerri out there. Great. Please can u show the latest in Orlu and Okigwe?

^^^This video i found has a few snapshots of Orlu and Okigwe, but don't blink or else you'll miss them. Owerri is looking better though, so kudos to the Governor on that score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmVgghHOY48

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by norabenok: 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^This video i found has a few snapshots of Orlu and Okigwe, but don't blink or else you'll miss them. Owerri is looking better though, so kudos to the Governor on that score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmVgghHOY48
Good good, Rochas Okorocha and his gigantic and ultramodern projects in the capital city, Owerri. But videoman, your video denoted: Okigwe/Orlu stadiums under construction. Do Okigwe and Orlu now share the same stadium? Or is that a case of the more you look out for real development projects in any of the two cities, the less you see?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.