Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2393552 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
norabenok :

Good good, Rochas Okorocha and his gigantic and ultramodern projects in the capital city, Owerri. But videoman, your video denoted: Okigwe/Orlu stadiums under construction. Do Okigwe and Orlu now share the same stadium? Or is that a case of the more you look out for real development projects in any of the two cities, the less you see?

I pity Okigwe as it seems they are getting the least of attention in this regime. The video is actually a tip of the iceberg when compared with reality on ground as I've witnessed in my previous visits to Imo State. Now we can imagine how Imo will be if he continues at this pace for 6 years like other Governors.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by norabenok: 10:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
Abagworo:

I pity Okigwe as it seems they are getting the least of attention in this regime. The video is actually a tip of the iceberg when compared with reality on ground as I've witnessed in my previous visits to Imo State. Now we can imagine how Imo will be if he continues at this pace for 6 years like other Governors.
If he stays the next 6 years, we may be talking of paving the streets of Owerri with gold; while the song that all cities have developed except Okigwe and Orlu is most likely to become more relevant.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
The man's trying sha. But i'd like to see a much more comprehensive video of what he's done; not this quick fire flick that compresses everything into 3 minutes.

Anyone know the progress of work on those big projects (hotels and shopping mall i think) that he talked of, and of which some were launched last year?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:
The man's trying sha. But i'd like to see a much more comprehensive video of what he's done; not this quick fire flick that compresses everything into 3 minutes.

Anyone know the progress of work on those big projects (hotels and shopping mall i think) that he talked of, and of which some were launched last year?

http://crimefacts.org/again-owerri-community-stage-massive-protestaccuses-okorocha-of-illegal-acquisition-of-communal-land/

marting from a recent showdown with the Imo state government over the illegal acquisition of the Area K communal land, indigenes of Amawom community in Owerri Municipal council Thursday took to the streets of Owerri again protesting yet another illegal acquisition of their land, the Ekwema Boulevard behind the NNPC filling station, by the Imo state government. The community which was led by their community leaders, one of which is a former Council Chairman, Mr. Macdonald Ebere, marched the streets of Owerri dressed in all black attires carrying a mock coffin to convey their grievances. According to a community leader, Oguike Ugbaja, the Amawom people are pressed for space and barely have enough land for their children to build their homes. The Ekwema Boulevard land had been in court since the previous administration under Chief Ikedi Ohakim and the community had made it abundantly clear to the government that they were not interested in compensation or selling the land which was part of the reasons the matter is still in court.  According to him, “the government against all entreaty, went behind the community leaders to deal with an individual, one Justin Emenyonu who is said to have paid N4.5m by the government on behalf of so called land owners. We had told the government that our position is to wait for the court ruling but before we knew what was happening the government moved into the land and commenced construction work on what is said to be a shopping complex. And this we view as an invasion and an assault on our rights.” On Mr. Justin Emenyonu who is alleged to have collected N4.5m from the Government, the community said Justin and his family have since been ostracized from the community for his alleged betrayal. The mock coffin paraded by the community has the name of Justin Emenyonu written boldly on it. Some of the placards brandished by the protesters read: “Our lands are not for personal aggrandizement”, “Okorocha, we do not want your compensation!”, “Owelle let the court decide what becomes of the land”, and “We cannot continue to be tenants in our own lands”.  When contacted, the Information Officer in the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Planning, one Mrs. Vivian Okafor declined comment and refused to take repeated calls put to her mobile phone. A text message to her, inquiring the position of their ministry on the matter was not replied.

I snipped some of the video highlights as well.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
More

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by norabenok: 8:32am On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

http://crimefacts.org/again-owerri-community-stage-massive-protestaccuses-okorocha-of-illegal-acquisition-of-communal-land/

I snipped some of the video highlights as well.

State creation: primary objective? to enable government's development projects spread to all nooks and crannies of every state.
But as far as citing real development projects are concerned, most of the successive governors of Imo state have made it "it is the state capital and no where else." Dancing to the gallery, is it!

While lands are there in abundant in other areas of Imo state yearning for development projects, is it not absurd that today's Imo state government is spending one kobo in legal fees to get Owerri land for development projects - projects that could have been conveniently built elsewhere without much hassles?

The apparent one-city-state-only policy of the administration is making Imo the least developed among its peers.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
@ PROUD IGBO, that road is Aba-owerri at Aba immediately after osisioma junction. So is neither owerri nor umuahia. I would love to open a thread about fine places in umuahia like the govt. layout, aguiyi ironsi layout, agbama housing estate, ehimini housing estate, govt. house axis, but my problem is how to upload pix to NL with my laptop.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
chino11: This is Tony Ezenna Road @ prestigious Onitsha Harbour. Anambra state government named its after your son who invest billions of naira in Anambra. This road leads to his plant, one can even see the massive Orange Drugs facility/plant down the road.
hehehehehe, this man/boy so you are not shameful. After making mouth that imolites are poor and have no much investment in anambra state, you are still exposing your yassh by posting this picture showing that the only good road in onitsha is fixed by imo man. My friend please be calculative not too emotional!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
fagin1982: Ohakim replies Rochas: ‘I left N13.5bn for completion of Oguta Wonder Lake project’

Former governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedim Ohakim has said out of the N18billion bond obtained from the capital market and tied to the construction of the Oguta Wonderlake Resort, N13.5billion was left behind by his administration for the completion of the project.

In the wake of the highly publicised plans by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State to probe Ohakim, more disturbing revelations are finding their way to public domain. Apparently unmoved, the former governor of the state made the disclosure yesterday during the public presentation of the book, “Democracy by military tanks” written by Dr. Ethelbert Okere.

He tasked Governor Rochas Okorocha on transparency and integrity. Ohakim stated that out of the N18billion bond obtained from the capital market and tied to the construction of the Oguta Wonderlake Resort, N13.5billion was left behind by his administration for the completion of the project. Said he: “Last week when I paid a visit to the site of the Oguta Wonderlake Resort, I was shocked to find the place overgrown by weeds and the N13.5billion no where to be found.”

He informed the audience that a similar project was started by Governor Godswill Akpabio’s predecessor, yet Akpabio completed it and the same facility had given work to over 3000 natives of the state. “Landmark projects and initiatives must not be allowed to suffer on the altar of primitive politics.” The book presentation was well attended by political bigwigs, royal fathers and women groups in the state. DAILYSUN
are you sure he left or Rochas forcefully froze all imo accounts immediately he was declared winner? My man we all know ohakim too well, he would have licked imo treasurey dry if he was allowed to have access to imo account after his lost before leaving that imo douglass house.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 1:14am On Sep 23, 2013
A quick video of Owerri. I'm impressed with the little shown....looks like a nice neighbourhood, with the grass verges looking well maintained and the road smooth and tidy; though all jobs should be finished to a high standard as well!

Nice one Rochas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpMNJdYmrXA

Video courtesy of Nwa Ehilegbu
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 2:05am On Sep 23, 2013
Anyone know about this project? I know the MOU for the one proposed for Abia has already been signed. These are the kind of projects i want to see being built!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DijxUQOegIQ
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 2:17am On Sep 23, 2013
Fake.

anyways, as a former rochas fan im completely disappointed by this primitive political whorelet.
Imo should have surpassed so many states by now, sadly, Ohakim did more than this guy.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 9:27am On Sep 23, 2013
Ikengawo: Fake.

anyways, as a former rochas fan im completely disappointed by this primitive political whorelet.
Imo should have surpassed so many states by now, sadly, Ohakim did more than this guy.

^^^Which one are you calling 'fake tinzs'? The 2nd video is a 3D model......just wanted to know if there's any timeframes attached to the project.

Rochas seems to have woken up in the last few months, and more importantly, is talking less........he's way better than Ohakim! What i want to see now is more companies and industries coming to Imo state, to help create employment; and the state gov't using the little money they have wisely.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 1:31am On Sep 24, 2013
Rochas appears to be running a fraudulent populist government.
All contracts are awarded to untested companies who carry out substandard jobs.

In a bid to appear people oriented, he makes funny decisions which end up putting him in trouble.
Then he comes up to defend himself with inarticulate verbosity.

Imo is the richest south east state in terms of federal allocation, yet as compact as Owerri is, he finds it difficult to use top of the range contractors to execute projects.
What you see are random bulldozers grading roads haphazardly.
Disproportionately large roundabouts that are abandoned halfway,
Fancy street lights with suboptimal functionality,
NO real capital project.
When you see govts constructing 2 storey buildings in strategic locations in the name of schools and painting them every now and then, it just reeks of fraud to me.
These are the sort of projects designed to win over gullible people, while the major immediate needs that require heavy govt funds like rural and urban roads etc are neglected.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
IGBO-SON:
A quick video of Owerri. I'm impressed with the little shown....looks like a nice neighbourhood, with the grass verges looking well maintained and the road smooth and tidy; though all jobs should be finished to a high standard as well!

Nice one Rochas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpMNJdYmrXA

Video courtesy of Nwa Ehilegbu

Very impressive I must say. Its a matter of road markings and its complete. I still find it hard to believe that an Igbo man will make some kind of remarks I've read on this forum that we should use foreign contractors in what local contractors can do. Maybe if we're talking about bridges and flyovers then we might need Julius Berger or its kind but not in roads and houses.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
eaglechild: Rochas appears to be running a fraudulent populist government.
All contracts are awarded to untested companies who carry out substandard jobs.

In a bid to appear people oriented, he makes funny decisions which end up putting him in trouble.
Then he comes up to defend himself with inarticulate verbosity.

Imo is the richest south east state in terms of federal allocation, yet as compact as Owerri is, he finds it difficult to use top of the range contractors to execute projects.
What you see are random bulldozers grading roads haphazardly.
Disproportionately large roundabouts that are abandoned halfway,
Fancy street lights with suboptimal functionality,
NO real capital project.
When you see govts constructing 2 storey buildings in strategic locations in the name of schools and painting them every now and then, it just reeks of fraud to me.
These are the sort of projects designed to win over gullible people, while the major immediate needs that require heavy govt funds like rural and urban roads etc are neglected.

Name the kind of projects you want that will be achieved with minimal funds and yet touch on people's lives positively. I believe all parts of Imo State are being touched by this administration at the same time even though the rural roads are not so impressive but still ok. I was impressed with the covering of drainages and adding of walkways to major roads in Owerri. Maybe unknown to people, Owerri has changed tremendously in the past 2 years and so has Orlu. Its a matter of putting finishing touches this dry season and the whole changes will manifest greatly. I don't really buy into Government investing in industries besides enpowering the agricultural sector. Manufacturing Industries are springing up in Imo as noticed recently and they are privately owned. Tourism is already a thriving industry in the State.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
eaglechild:

I don't know where you people get this wrong impression of Owerri being compact in land mass. Google earth can help clarify things and end this baseless claims of Owerri being compact. In the East only Aba, Port-Harcourt and Enugu are significantly larger than Owerri in land mass. Maybe population is not dense but the metropolis is large enough.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
WOW!! Nice and clean roads.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
More pictures

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
^^ That boulevard in that last image is popular. I see it in almost every picture or video of Owerri. I wish their were huge building beside the road.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Rossikk(m): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nice to see they are now building roads with due consideration for pedestrians via sidewalks. Long may this continue.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
And this is what a real change is in Orlu. Though the road has only been covered with hard core and stone dust, I believe it will be completed this dry season.
The other is the new look of Wetheral Road, Owerri Town.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
Abagworo:

I don't know where you people get this wrong impression of Owerri being compact in land mass. Google earth can help clarify things and end this baseless claims of Owerri being compact. In the East only Aba, Port-Harcourt and Enugu are significantly larger than Owerri in land mass. Maybe population is not dense but the metropolis is large enough.
None of the impressive roads shown above was done by Rochas.
Compared to the allocation he is receiving, he has done nothing impressive.
Owerri is compact, which other town do you hope to compared it to Nnewi or Okigwe?
Moreover, Owerri is not so much in a bad state so he doesn't need much to fix it.
You need to have seen how Enugu was before Chime took over, or Uyo before Akpabio, that is what i call transformation.
These govs still impacted on the rural populace.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
eaglechild:
the thread is about Imo state and not Rochas.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
eaglechild:

Lol! Can you show us the picture of those same places in 2011? Wetheral-Aba Road bypass is a completely fresh project with bridge across Otamiri River and was started and completed by Rochas administration. I can also show you the looks of Wetheral Road as recently as 2012. I already showed that of Amaigbo road in Orlu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
eaglechild:
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
the thread is about Imo state and not Rochas.
Rochas is the governor of Imo state the last time i checked, when he is changed do well to inform me.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
Abagworo:

Lol! Can you show us the picture of those same places in 2011? Wetheral-Aba Road bypass is a completely fresh project with bridge across Otamiri River and was started and completed by Rochas administration. I can also show you the looks of Wetheral Road as recently as 2012. I already showed that of Amaigbo road in Orlu.
That is exactly my point.
These roads he did are sub par.
Notice that Afam was commenting on the concord boulevard which was not done by Rochas.
I carefully chose the word impressive.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
eaglechild:
That is exactly my point.
These roads he did are sub par.
Notice that Afam was commenting on the concord boulevard which was not done by Rochas.
I carefully chose the word impressive.

You can't lie about some things that are quite glaring. Rochas improved Concorde/Ojukwu Boulevard and I can dig up pictures to show you how it was in 2011. Below is the old looks of Wetheral Road even when the drainage is being covered and new chrome streetlights being installed. You can notice how dilapidated the old median and streelights were.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
Orlu Road, Owerri before and after.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
eaglechild:
Compared to the allocation he is receiving, he has done nothing impressive.
Owerri is compact, which other town do you hope to compared it to Nnewi or Okigwe?
I'm glad you were not able to recognize the fact that none of those Roads is Ojukwu boulevard. I only posted the boulevard picture after Afam made his comment. That shows the tremendous changes.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:32am On Oct 01, 2013
The type of changes noticed in Owerri needs to spread across Igboland and Nigeria in general. Donald Duke did it in Calabar and with the way things are going, if Rochas handles Imo for 6 more years, I believe it will be a model in terms of organization and orderliness in Nigeria or black Africa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.