Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2390520 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
eaglechild:
LoL! at ur analysis.
It's clear for all to see that anyone who has stepped into PH will attest to what am saying.
Am not heaping ALL the blame on Amechi cause he seems to be struggling along making snail strides in the right direction (to whom much is given...). But he needs to do alot more.
PH is an overcrowded, disaster prone city, with purgatorial traffic that keeps u on the edge!

If u read my previous posts. It's clear that i'm very umimpressed with Rochas' performance.

[b]Lets leave Rochas out of this dicussion.. We are talking about working governments not propagandist..

If all you did was drive from Port-Harcourt to Enugu upon arrival, then I will forgive your analysis.. However, ask anybody who knows Port-Harcourt before Amaechi and now, Nna, even 7-up sef no clear like am.. The city is so over-crowded that atimes I thank God its not legal to carry firearms, alot of Niggas would have died.. However, have you heard of 'THE GREATER PORT-HARCOURT PROJECT'?! Its no jokes, its real.. The government is opening up 5 new cities around the Present port-Harcourt. I have been itching and waiting to lay my hands on some of the lands when they come out for sale.... All roads constructed by Amaechi all come with under ground drainages, Schools are top class in infrastructure (he is still working on the teachers), housing and urbanization, the Rivers State Mono Rail Project, Electricity projects, Ultra Mordern Markets, e.t.c.. I am a big critic of government, but in Amaechi and Apkabio, I cant find any blemish...

NNA, this thread is about discussing Rochas' f`uck ups and pissing all over him.. Names like Amaechi and Apkabio should not be found in threads like this.[/b]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cyberknight: 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
eaglechild:
LoL! at ur analysis.
It's clear for all to see that anyone who has stepped into PH will attest to what am saying.
Am not heaping ALL the blame on Amechi cause he seems to be struggling along making snail strides in the right direction (to whom much is given...). But he needs to do alot more.
PH is an overcrowded, disaster prone city, with purgatorial traffic that keeps u on the edge!

If u read my previous posts. It's clear that i'm very umimpressed with Rochas' performance.

Precisely. Well said. In truth, the blame for the awfulness of PH, Owerri, Lagos or any other city cannot necessarily be placed on the head of the incumbent governor (with an exception made for the Abia state governor for Aba), because generally speaking its a cumulation of neglect, theft, poor planning, etc that borught these cities to the low levels that they are at currently. However, in Owerri, the governor does bear the responsiblity for the current state of the town, for while he met it in a bad condition last year, as at now it is worse as a consequence of his acts.

Gates are being built all over the main roads; the question is for what? Apparently to reinforce security. For those who live in Lagos, imagine building street gates along Adeniran Ogunsanya, Bode Thomas or Masha, for example. They broke down all the street gates that estate residents had painstakingly built up over the years to protect themselves and now crime is rampant. I agree that street gates are not necessarily a foolproof form of protection, but goodness knows that they at least deter the amateur criminals from petty crime.

Enough has been said about the roads, people are weeping in Owerri, literally.

And then there was the plan to shut down the civil service. Yes, believe me, the governor said that the civil service is a wasteful instituion, the source of much corruption and waste in the state, and that the government would stop paying civil servants' salaries and that each ministry would have to generate revenue to pay its staff. Sounds unbelievable, but true. So how is a modern institution supposed to function without administrative staff? Blaming the civil service for corruption and waste is pointless, everybody in Nigeria steals, both political office holders, govt employees and anyone who can put themselves in any position to make an extra buck. But how, how can one conceive of running an organization, any organization, let alone one as complex as a givernment, without administrative staff? And just how are ministries supposed to be self sufficient? The civil service is not a business, it is a necessary part of government, as we all know.

The sad fact is that the Imo State government is drifting, doing nothing at all, and has descended to the level of the worst government of all, that of Ohakim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Default01: 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2012
Delta state is more developed dan imo state.all dis projects cannot empower dere youths,industrialization is d way 4 any growing economy,and delta state is getting dat aspect ryt.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by texazzpete(m): 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
Intellectual poverty abounds in Nigerians. How can a thread devoted to showing development in imo State now turn into showcase of hotels and quarters for commissioners and Governors?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Akiika: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
I am not saying the Gov. isn't doing anything, i've not been to Imo state...but why is the first picture photoshopped? why are some of the other pictures mere design pictures? i think whoever posted this picture is dubious....post it as it is...don't photoshop any picture!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2012
texazzpete: Intellectual poverty abounds in Nigerians. How can a thread devoted to showing development in imo State now turn into showcase of hotels and quarters for commissioners and Governors?

Nna, collect 2SAB-MILLER BEER for my head...Its obvious that IMO STATE has suffered so much bad governence that any governor who comes in and paints all the buildings in the state would be considered the best governor in Nigeria.. Those IMO STATE NIGGAS are in hell..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
Cyberknight:

Precisely. Well said. In truth, the blame for the awfulness of PH, Owerri, Lagos or any other city cannot necessarily be placed on the head of the incumbent governor (with an exception made for the Abia state governor for Aba), because generally speaking its a cumulation of neglect, theft, poor planning, etc that borught these cities to the low levels that they are at currently. However, in Owerri, the governor does bear the responsiblity for the current state of the town, for while he met it in a bad condition last year, as at now it is worse as a consequence of his acts.

Gates are being built all over the main roads; the question is for what? Apparently to reinforce security. For those who live in Lagos, imagine building street gates along Adeniran Ogunsanya, Bode Thomas or Masha, for example. They broke down all the street gates that estate residents had painstakingly built up over the years to protect themselves and now crime is rampant. I agree that street gates are not necessarily a foolproof form of protection, but goodness knows that they at least deter the amateur criminals from petty crime.

Enough has been said about the roads, people are weeping in Owerri, literally.

And then there was the plan to shut down the civil service. Yes, believe me, the governor said that the civil service is a wasteful instituion, the source of much corruption and waste in the state, and that the government would stop paying civil servants' salaries and that each ministry would have to generate revenue to pay its staff. Sounds unbelievable, but true. So how is a modern institution supposed to function without administrative staff? Blaming the civil service for corruption and waste is pointless, everybody in Nigeria steals, both political office holders, govt employees and anyone who can put themselves in any position to make an extra buck. But how, how can one conceive of running an organization, any organization, let alone one as complex as a givernment, without administrative staff? And just how are ministries supposed to be self sufficient? The civil service is not a business, it is a necessary part of government, as we all know.

The sad fact is that the Imo State government is drifting, doing nothing at all, and has descended to the level of the worst government of all, that of Ohakim.
Thank u for ur unbiased remarks!
We are getting used to poor governance that we now hardly know right from wrong.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PointB: 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwokem, kedu?! I piss on Imo State because they are so blind that they dont see that Rochas has done nothing for them.. I mean, building hotels for who to sleep in?! How many Imo state civil servants can afford to lounge in that hotel?! How many of them would ever be able to near the gate of the 'Commissioners Estate', talkless of living there?!

Nna, the issue here is what has Rochas done in the area of sustainable development as it affects the common man in Imo State.. the answer is NADA!!

I didnt bring my camera cord, I would have uploaded some of my pictures from my trip to Calabar via Akwa Ibom.. Let me show you what true development and a working Government looks like..

Pisses all over Rochas Okorocha & returns to Upper Iweka.. angry

Bottom line, your grouse for Rochas give you no right to insult the good people of Imo State. Find a better way to channel you hatred and frustration with the Governor, and stop insulting the state and it's people. It's a matter of commonsense! Please show some.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
PointB:

Bottom line, your grouse for Rochas give you no right to insult the good people of Imo State. Find a better way to channel you hatred and frustration with the Governor, and stop insulting the state and it's people. It's a matter of commonsense! Please show some.

Still a touchy-feely dude, i see! O well!! Still dont give a fhuck.. angry Have no beef with the IMO STATE indegenes, just pissed off with those who cant see that they have no government.. You need to Lighten up!! You may just come down with a stroke at this rate!

Remember this thread?! https://www.nairaland.com/655187/imo-state-guber-rochas-okorocha

I wonder how most of them truly feel now..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

[b]Lets leave Rochas out of this dicussion.. We are talking about working governments not propagandist..

If all you did was drive from Port-Harcourt to Enugu upon arrival, then I will forgive your analysis.. However, ask anybody who knows Port-Harcourt before Amaechi and now, Nna, even 7-up sef no clear like am.. The city is so over-crowded that atimes I thank God its not legal to carry firearms, alot of Niggas would have died.. However, have you heard of 'THE GREATER PORT-HARCOURT PROJECT'?! Its no jokes, its real.. The government is opening up 5 new cities around the Present port-Harcourt. I have been itching and waiting to lay my hands on some of the lands when they come out for sale.... All roads constructed by Amaechi all come with under ground drainages, Schools are top class in infrastructure (he is still working on the teachers), housing and urbanization, the Rivers State Mono Rail Project, Electricity projects, Ultra Mordern Markets, e.t.c.. I am a big critic of government, but in Amaechi and Apkabio, I cant find any blemish...

NNA, this thread is about discussing Rochas' f`uck ups and pissing all over him.. Names like Amaechi and Apkabio should not be found in threads like this.[/b]
I know PH, Owerri and Enugu well enough.
Amaechi has done some positive things (education and health esp), believe me so have Elechi and Orji.
Akpabio and Chime shld not be brought into this discussion.
I wish for the greater PH city project to succeed but right now it reeks of 'WHITE ELEPHANT'.
Back to Imo.
Now is the time to pile on pressure on the govt thru constructive criticism, not blind praise singing.
Imo is in it's worst state. Owerri is cut off from its environs. I hear Okigwe to Owerri is a federal road (not sure). But Akabo abt 4 mins frm Owerri is impassable.
Pls show us more pics!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Okija is a well known lunatic on nairaland; He never says anything good about Ojukwu or even Anambra... What about Abagworo and Afam4ever who no matter the circumstances always have something negative to say about Anambra. Abeg make una post more pics nah.

I've only had issues with chino11 and not Anambra. I already regretted going that far after I realized my posts would rather lead to condemning Anambra rather than chino11. However I also was against Peter Obi too and all his agents because he refused to borrow and work and kept on giving excuses that Anambra has no money. It does not mean I hate my brothers. I will always criticize any bad administration whether Anambra or Abia and as well commend their good deeds like Obi's action on kidnapping.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Okija is a well known lunatic on nairaland; He never says anything good about Ojukwu or even Anambra... What about Abagworo and Afam4ever who no matter the circumstances always have something negative to say about Anambra. Abeg make una post more pics nah.

ARGH!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :O

Nwanne Mba nu!! Mua!! Alusi Okija ka i'pko 'lunatic'!!

Nwa Nri ka ibu, and by default, Nwanne'm.. I have never hidden my dislike for Ojukwu.. Dont worry.. I will never deny it.. I was a strong critic of Anambra State government until lately.. Mana, okwu Rochas di iche..

Like you said, let them post more pictures of Owerri and show us what Rochas has done in the State!! We are all waiting.. When you see anything tangible, come back and call me names.. Mana afa 'lunatic' i kpo'm metu'm na obi..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Afam.. I promise to take a days drive into Owerri with my Camera very soon, I will start my shots from the boundary between Rivers State and Imo State and start firing off shots.. It would be a long slow painful drive, but I will do this.. All I need is one free weekend. I hope to find one soon.. If I can, I might even sample the opinions of a few Niggas I see on the streets.

Nwanne, Take it from me.. Owerri looks like an abandoned project..

Some of you guys can be annoying as hell. Why can't you appreciate good thing when you see one? Imo State is clean and developing well. Those saying there are no industries should find out if oil industry is not inclusive. We have business giants too who are returning home to invest. Hospitality and tourism is a big business and is thriving in Imo State too. We must not all be traders and petty store operators.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RickyRoss1(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
Abagworo:

Some of you guys can be annoying as hell. Why can't you appreciate good thing when you see one? Imo State is clean and developing well. Those saying there are no industries should find out if oil industry is not inclusive. We have business giants too who are returning home to invest. Hospitality and tourism is a big business and is thriving in Imo State too. We must not all be traders and petty store operators.

Thanks for the positive comment. I am quite sure that Okija of a guy is from Anambra, I would like him to list with pictures the achievement of his own state governor under 2 years so we can compare him with Rochas government under 1 year. Nobody is saying Rochas is perfect, but he is among the best leaders we have in Nigeria today. ROCHAS IS WORKING, I WAS IN OWERRI LAST WEEK I CAN ATTEST TO THIS.

Its very sad that some foools who have never stepped into Owerri recently will stay behind their computers and talk rubbish about a city they know nothing about. Owerri is by far cleaner and better than onithsa or any Anambra city. Imo State have indutsries as well, you dont expect us to be selling dirty second hand clothes like you do in that dirty slum called Onitsha?

The problem i have with rochas is that he is doing so many projects all at the same time. I dont know who is advising him, but how can you be doing 3, 4 or 5 roads in every town in Imo State all at the same time? I mean, Imo is not as rich as Rivers or Lagos, so where is the funding going to come from? In my village we have 4 new road projects from Rochas, my maternal home has 3, some villages have up to 5 roads and I keep asking, WHERE IS THIS MONEY COMING FROM?

As i write now many of the road projects has been abandoned by the contractors bc of funding problem. Some say funding problem, some say because of rainy season. From December we will know what is really holding these road projects.

I am from Ikeduru LGA and its on record Ohakim never constructed any road in IKEDURU and many other LGA's in Imo State, yet some fools still think Ohakim tried? How did he try apart from constant CNN advert? I remember i was in Dubai one certain time and i saw Imo State advert where we had bridges and sky scrappers like NYC? I couldnt believe my eyes, i thought Ohakim has transformed Imo only for me to come home and not see any single project. I am sure am not the only one that saw those CNN adverts, am sure Ohakim paid millions of dollars for such adverts to deceive himself and not Imolites.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RickyRoss1(m): 6:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Whenever i think of Anambra, what comes to mind is Onitsha and Nnewi. Why can't those towns/cities be turned into economic giants by putting in place the necessary machinery to put these towns in a pedestal that will make it compete with any major city in Africa or the world. Onitsah and Nnewi are underutilised and the human resources of Anambra is also under-utilized. By now Anambra should be the pride of not just Nigeria but Africa. That's why we need to vote in someone like Chukwuma Soludo into the governorship seat. Because it's a shame that an Anambra will expect accolades for building some rural roads and abandoning the majore cities and towns.

Very good points. I am not from Anambra, but anytime Soludo decides to contents i will personally encourage my Anambra friends to vote for him, I believe that guy can transform Anambra State.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RickyRoss1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwokem, kedu?! I piss on Imo State because they are so blind that they dont see that Rochas has done nothing for them.. I mean, building hotels for who to sleep in?! How many Imo state civil servants can afford to lounge in that hotel?! How many of them would ever be able to near the gate of the 'Commissioners Estate', talkless of living there?!

Nna, the issue here is what has Rochas done in the area of sustainable development as it affects the common man in Imo State.. the answer is NADA!!

I didnt bring my camera cord, I would have uploaded some of my pictures from my trip to Calabar via Akwa Ibom.. Let me show you what true development and a working Government looks like..

Pisses all over Rochas Okorocha & returns to Upper Iweka.. angry

Retttarded fool, show us pictures of Anambra state and not Akwa Ibom state? And by the way, what do you gain from abusing/insulting Rochas and Imolites? Wetin dem do you? If you hate Imo State so much why not avoid even reading Imo State threads?

I hope you are not moving to Akwa Ibom to start your kidnapping business, because most armed robbers and kidnappers they have arrested in Imo recently are from Anambra. Anambra people are just too notorious for bad records. Vietnam and Cambodia were peaceful countries before Nnewi boys came in. It was bc of you guys that the government of Vietnam gave all Nigerians and ALL BLACK PEOPLE in Vietnam 2 weeks to LEAVE Vietnam. I am a trader and constantly traveling to Asia for imports, so i know what am talking about. Every Asian country that has problem with Nigerians is always as a result of the criminal elements from Nnewi and Aguleri boys.

I know all Igbos love money, but the rate at which Anambra boys love and pursue money is alarming. We all know you guys love MONEY more than your souls, and you can kill anybody, including your parents in your quest to become rich quick.

There is no need for you to always attack Rochas to score cheap points. if you think your state governor is better then show us pics of projects your governor constructed under 2 years so we can compare with Rochas under 2 years. I know your governor is among the worst in Nigeria and there's nothing to write home about him.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chino11(m): 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Thanks for the positive comment. I am quite sure that Okija of a guy is from Anambra, I would like him to list with pictures the achievement of his own state governor under 2 years so we can compare him with Rochas government under 1 year. Nobody is saying Rochas is perfect, but he is among the best leaders we have in Nigeria today. ROCHAS IS WORKING, I WAS IN OWERRI LAST WEEK I CAN ATTEST TO THIS.

Its very sad that some foools who have never stepped into Owerri recently will stay behind their computers and talk rubbish about a city they know nothing about. Owerri is by far cleaner and better than onithsa or any Anambra city. Imo State have indutsries as well, you dont expect us to be selling dirty second hand clothes like you do in that dirty slum called Onitsha?

The problem i have with rochas is that he is doing so many projects all at the same time. I dont know who is advising him, but how can you be doing 3, 4 or 5 roads in every town in Imo State all at the same time? I mean, Imo is not as rich as Rivers or Lagos, so where is the funding going to come from? In my village we have 4 new road projects from Rochas, my maternal home has 3, some villages have up to 5 roads and I keep asking, WHERE IS THIS MONEY COMING FROM?

As i write now many of the road projects has been abandoned by the contractors bc of funding problem. Some say funding problem, some say because of rainy season. From December we will know what is really holding these road projects.

I am from Ikeduru LGA and its on record Ohakim never constructed any road in IKEDURU and many other LGA's in Imo State, yet some fools still think Ohakim tried? How did he try apart from constant CNN advert? I remember i was in Dubai one certain time and i saw Imo State advert where we had bridges and sky scrappers like NYC? I couldnt believe my eyes, i thought Ohakim has transformed Imo only for me to come home and not see any single project. I am sure am not the only one that saw those CNN adverts, am sure Ohakim paid millions of dollars for such adverts to deceive himself and not Imolites.

Take on Okija and leave Anambra alone.

Btw: Owerre the den of prostitutes and of late has translated into the den of criminals, kidnappers and all sorts of disorganization going on in the state. Your son Tony Ezenna left your harlot infested state and came to Onitsha-Anambra state to build a world class plant @ Onitsha Harbour. Owerre this Owere that..all owere.. does imo state starts and ends with owere?

Why can't you idiots genuinely develop your state instead you fools are running into Onitsha to invest. Go to Drug market @ Head Bridge 95% of business men there are people of your state particularly from Orlu. How many Anambra people goes to Owerri.

Your governor went to take loan to build mosques for his muslim cousins up north and leaving his state to be over run by kidnappers and criminals. Onitsha receives millions of visitor from around the country and beyond on daily basis, how many people enters owere for any genuine reason if not to come carry women? I will start this e-war big time you backward, poor ediots do not back-off
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PointB: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Its very sad that some foools who have never stepped into Owerri recently will stay behind their computers and talk rubbish about a city they know nothing about. Owerri is by far cleaner and better than onithsa or any Anambra city. Imo State have indutsries as well, you dont expect us to be selling dirty second hand clothes [s]like you do in that dirty slum called Onitsha? [/s]

Nice points raised but you can still do it without denigrating Onitsha. By the way the jury is still out whether Okija_juju is actually Igbo. Words on the street have it that he shares similarities with and perhaps lineage with alj_harem, the chameleon.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RickyRoss1(m): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
chino11:

Take on Okija and leave Anambra alone.

Btw: Owerre the den of prostitutes and of late has translated into the den of criminals, kidnappers and all sorts of disorganization going on in the state. You son Tony Ezenna left your harlot infested state and came to Onitsha-Anambra state to build a world class plant @ Onitsha Harbour. Owerre this Owere that..all owere.. does imo state starts and ends with owere? Why can't you idiots genuinely develop your state instead you fools are running into Onitsha to invest. Go to Drug market @ Head Bridge 95% of business men there are people of your state particularly from Orlu. How many Anambra people goes to Owerri. Your governor went to take loan to build mosques for his muslim cousins up north and leaving his state to be over run by kidnappers and criminals. Onitsha receives millions of visitor from around the country and beyond on daily basis, how many people enters owere for any genuine reason of to come carry women? I will start this e-war big time you backward, poor ediots do not back-off

Tony Ezenna has a plant in Onitsha because of the port, and not because of anything else.
Onitsha is the DIRTIEST city in Nigeria by far, give me free land I will not build nothing in onitsha or aba bc these dirty cities are for animals only.
You are right owerri has been over run by armed bandits and kidnappers, and we all know these criminal elements are from Anambra. The kidnappers they arrested in Imo state this month are all from Anambra, especially Aguleri and Nnewi and Ekwulobia? DEM SWEAR FOR YOU PEOPLE??
The cheapest whooores are found in onitsha and not owerri. There are prostitutesss in owerri but they are mostly poor students and many of them are from Anambra as well.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
PointB:

Nice points raised but you can still do it without denigrating Onitsha. By the way the jury is still out whether Okija_juju is actually Igbo. Words on the street have it that he shares similarities with and perhaps lineage with alj_harem, the chameleon.

Good point. We should stop talking down on any part of Igboland because of one person's sins. Those people are agents of destruction and should be criticized directly.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chino11(m): 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Tony Ezenna has a plant in Onitsha because of the port, and not because of anything else.
Onitsha is the DIRTIEST city in Nigeria by far, give me free land I will not build nothing in onitsha or aba bc these dirty cities are for animals only.
You are right owerri has been over run by armed bandits and kidnappers, and we all know these criminal elements are from Anambra. The kidnappers they arrested in Imo state this month are all from Anambra, especially Aguleri and Nnewi and Ekwulobia? DEM SWEAR FOR YOU PEOPLE??
The cheapest whooores are found in onitsha and not owerri. There are prostitutesss in owerri but they are mostly poor students and many of them are from Anambra as well.

Then your governor should build his own Port so that investors will come and you fools will invest in your place..we don't need you ediots on our soil because we are not in yours. Imo state is the only place you will find the cheapest LovePeddler, they will even be dragging you as you pass thru the state.

Your governor should start developing the state instead of talking everyday. Most of the people selling fake drugs in Onitsha are all from Imo state. Go to Head Bridge and find out.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Damnn! this guy Chino really got under ur skin. lol!
If Onitsha is the dirtiest city then i guess Aba is a big refuse bin.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chino11(m): 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

This kidnapping and killings occurs recently. Owerre is not a commercial city but its witnessing most violent crime in the history of Nigeria, what does that tell you fools?

Charles Nwosu, former director of the Central Bank of Nigeria, was murdered by suspected assassins on Sunday, reports have said.

According to Channels Television, Nwosu was gunned down along New Market Layout in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

His assailants, driving in a black Toyota SUV, ambushed the former CBN director and his wife in their Peugeot 407 on Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m.

Nwosu’s wife was then kidnapped after he was murdered. The assailants soon dumped her in the outskirts of town, however.

Imo state police spokesman, Vitalis Olugu, says a full on investigation is underway to ensure that culprits are apprehended and brought to justice.

http://www.pilotafrica.com/2012/08/27/former-cbn-director-murdered-in-imo-state/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Eifeh(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
centje: spyder,wanted to do that for imo state but they discouraged the dude. Enugu thread didnt reach those pages in one day. It was a gradual thing. Pictures are still bn posted up till now in that thread. Including good,bad and ugly pics.
This thread needs more pic,its already in front page...
your right lets wait till then nna ala igbo ga adiriri mma
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chino11(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
READ ON AND TELL ME IF IMO STATE IS NOT IN TROUBLE:

For Mr. Christian Iwunze, life was about family. He was the second of two siblings and the only son. But, as if to compensate for his parents’ slim family, he did not only opt for early marriage, he also had more children than they did.

A baby girl opened the womb for the family. Two more girl children followed in quick succession. After the usual trepidation of “are we going to end up with an all-female family,” a set of twin boys was born. If you thought that was enough, then wait for this: another three girls came in quick succession. Then, another set of twin boys!

Blessed with such a large family, Iwunze knew no life outside the family apart from his job in an oil servicing company.

Though Iwunze and wife, Catherine, did not obtain university education, virtually all their children do, with some acquiring postgraduate degrees in engineering, while one of their daughters is pursuing a doctoral degree.

For a man that had spent all his life in the training of his children, Iwunze, an indigene of Umueze, Ehime-Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State was elated when one of his first set of twin boys, Okechukwu, announced his wedding. Iwunze took it as his personal responsibility to ensure that this happened without any breach.

Okechukwu’s wedding to Miss Uchechi Orji was fixed for Saturday, September 5, but four days before the event, on Tuesday, August 28, tragedy struck! A group of five unidentified men shot Iwunze to death just at the gate of his residence on 19, Umundula Orji Street, Off Urattah Road, Owerri, Imo State.

Iwunze was killed two days after suspected hired assassins murdered a former director of the Central Bank of Nigeria; and one day after a politician was murdered, all in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

The suspected assassins killed the former CBN director, Mr. Charles Nwosu, at the Ekeukwu Central Market on Douglas Road. A police inspector who engaged the hoodlums in a gun battle and two unidentified persons were also killed.

Their killers operated in a RAV 4 Sports Utility Vehicle and, mysteriously, the killers of Iwunze also operated in a RAV 4 Sports Utility Vehicle. Could it be that the killers of the erstwhile CBN director also killed Iwunze? If they were the same killers, what was the connection? These questions have remained unanswered. Worse still, law enforcements agents in Imo State seem overwhelmed by the growing insecurity.

Before now, several people, including traditional rulers, businessmen, politicians and public office holders had, at various times and places, either been kidnapped for ransom or murdered in cold blood for reasons yet unknown. Consequently, especially in areas that do not have enough police presence, night life has nose-dived in the state.

One of such victims was Pastor Anselm Iwuala, who was still murdered by his abductors despite a N500,000 paid by his family for his freedom.

Iwuala was travelling to his country home in Egberede Nguru, Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State, when he was abducted by gunmen on the very busy Okpala-Mbaise road. That was in June.

Again, on the night of May 7, 2012, the traditional ruler of Umueze-Abazu, Ogwa, Mbaitoli LGA, Eze Stanley Akuneto, was allegedly murdered in cold blood in his palace by two gunmen who reportedly rode on a motorcycle.

And as if to underscore the crass helplessness of the situation, even the governor’s elder sister, her husband, members of her household and all the occupants of the three cars on her convoy escaped death narrowly on May 19, 2012, when armed robbers opened fire on the vehicle in which they were travelling at Egbeada, Mbaitoli LGA.

Indeed, the list of dastardly acts is endless.

When our correspondent visited the police station in Owerri North, where the matter concerning Iwunze’s killing was referred to, the police officers on duty all refused to speak. It was also difficult to ascertain the identities of the officers being talked to, as they each covered their name tags with handkerchiefs.

In response to our correspondent’s enquiry, one of them simply said, “The matter has been transferred to the state CID. Go there and find out what is happening.”

The Imo State Commissioner of Police, Adisa Bolanta, also did not comment on the matter. He would not take his calls and did not respond to text messages sent to his mobile telephone.

Iwunze’s first child, Mrs. Peace Okeke, said, “My father was a peaceful man and was not a politician. He diligently went about his work. He was once offered a chieftaincy title because of his contribution to his community, but he rejected it,” Mrs. Okeke explained.

She said, “He was even offered a knighthood in the church but he also rejected it. He kept on saying that he was not interested in receiving titles or holding positions, but only wanted to help his people and serve God.

“I just don’t know where this is coming from. From the stories we have been hearing, it is becoming obvious that people were paid to kill my father. What for, I don’t know. It is still a mystery to us.”

Despite the sad issue, the family went ahead with the wedding, consoled by the fact that their late father would not have had it otherwise.

In the interim, Iwunze’s widow, Catherine, has yet to find her voice. She is still in shock and, according to one of her daughters, Peace, she has remained in a state of shock since the incident.

Okechukwu’s twin brother, Emeka, expressed concern that the police have yet to come up with concrete finding since their father’s death.

Emeka said, “We have been the ones reminding them that they need to investigate the matter. They have been so reluctant to interrogate any of us. We had to compel them to remove the car my father rode in when he was killed, which they only did on Tuesday, a week after the incident.

“I am surprised at the action of the police. Those who killed my father overtook his car and waited at our gate; and when he tried to drive into the compound, they rushed out and shot at the tyres. Then, two of them dragged my father out of the car, leaving his 20-year-old apprentice, Cletus Ikeadi, behind.

“They took him to their jeep and as soon as one of the remaining three assassins who stayed behind in the jeep identified him, they rained bullets on him. But till date, the police have been acting as though nothing happened and everyone in Owerri is now scared of walking on the street.”

Meanwhile, the Imo State Government, in its efforts to curb crime in the state, has concluded arrangements to launch emergency rapid response scheme, especially to curb kidnapping and assassinations.

Governor Rochas Okorocha disclosed this when the new Commissioner of Police, Mr. Adisa Bolanta paid him a visit earlier in the month.

Okorocha informed the new police commissioner that he would ask the Inspector General of Police to post more policemen to the state, especially in local government areas which are currently underpoliced.

The governor noted that the security challenges in the state included kidnapping, vandalism, assassinations, among others; urging the new police commissioner to brace up to the challenges, with the aim of restoring peace to the beleaguered state.

In his response during a tour of some South-East states recently, the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, urged the governor to create more jobs for Imo people. This, according to him, would help in reducing crime in the state.

He promised to assist the governor and Imo people in their bid to reduce crimes in the state.

The Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Security Matters, Mr. Okey Okorocha, said in order to reduce the crime rate, the Imo State Government had initiated an incentive — giving N1m to anybody who could give useful information leading to the arrest of kidnapers in the state, while any person that provides information for the recovery of guns would be awarded N50,000.

The state government has also offered insurance scheme to members of the local vigilante groups that may, in the course of duty, either sustain injuries or die.

Governemnt said an undisclosed amount of money would be paid as compensation to the bereaved family.

The aide also revealsed that the state government had introduced a radio programme where callers were provided with information on security measures in the state.

He revealed that Americans and Israeli agencies were training some persons on how to combat kidnappers.

He said, “As soon as these people conclude their training, kidnapping will be over in the state.”

http://www.punchng.com/feature/bandits-on-the-loose-in-imo/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
chino11:

Then your governor should build his own Port so that investors will come and you fools will invest in your place..we don't need you ediots on our soil because we are not in yours. Imo state is the only place you will find the cheapest LovePeddler, they will even be dragging you as you pass thru the state.

Your governor should start developing the state instead of talking everyday. Most of the people selling fake drugs in Onitsha are all from Imo state. Go to Head Bridge and find out.
Pls soft pedal. no need to derail the thread.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chino11(m): 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
READ ON AND TELL ME YOUR POOR IMO STATE HAS NOT ENTERED ONE CHANCE: THESE EVENT ARE AS AT THIS YEAR ALONE

IN THE BEGINNING
Before the advent of all manner of serious crimes, Owerri can be said to be the safest town in Nigeria. What makes the town very spectacular is that indigenes of Owerri, from time immemorial, are very hospitable.

Owerri people are reputed for adopting, to some extent, a care-free attitude to life and living. This attitude of the Owerri man, largely confuses a lot of people. Others took this ‘live and let live’ attitude for granted and it occasioned periodic skirmishes, especially when it bordered on glaring injustice.

The colonial masters not only found the city very safe and attractive after their ugly experiences in some other towns but also decided to locate the defunct provincial capital in Owerri. Development started evolving.

The Owerri man does not joke with his children, leisure, music and delicacies. Good musicians abound and they played their music to the delight of all. In years past, music composers in Owerri, strictly speaking, were not worried that their works were brazenly stolen and published.

Wake keeping ceremonies, which formed part of burial obsequies in Owerri, usually turned out to be huge late night carnivals. For the musicians, it was a competition of sorts because the group that was adjudged the victor usually went home with a live cock and other freebies.

The attraction and success of these musical outings gradually snowballed into show business and music concerts. Show promoters were thus born and night life started its upward growth. In line with the new development, the hospitality industry blossomed and thrived. This was the case until the infamous Otokoto saga in Owerri.

OTOKOTO ERA

The Otokoto era started like a fairy tale. People of very questionable character loomed large and almost subdued the entire state. This class of individuals, who of course had police or army orderlies, blocked roads at will. Nobody had the gut to query them, especially as the armed security men were very ready to ward off any “intruder”.

Innocent citizens were molested arbitrarily. Hard earned properties were not just stolen but forcibly confiscated in broad day light and to the chagrin of the hapless, helpless citizens. Armed robbers equally had a field day within this period. People felt it was no longer safe to move about freely. Night life suffered.

The miscreants had their way until a little boy was beheaded and his trunk buried in the premises of Otokoto Hotel, Amakohia, Owerri North local council area of the state.

Owerri people, who were taken for granted for too long reacted angrily. Properties known to belong to all suspected 419ners and people of questionable character were burnt. The showdown overwhelmed the security agencies. The miscreants quickly escaped from Owerri and scampered into the safe havens in other cities, especially Lagos.

SHORTLIVED PEACE

Peace gradually returned to the town and night life again started picking up. This was again short lived as a coordinated onslaught of armed robbers, assassins and kidnappers was visited on the city. The situation became a case of if you miss one, you must definitely be caught in the other.

Fear reigned supreme. Residents and visitors again ran for cover. Public functions were drowned by the high level of insecurity. People from all professions were mercilessly robbed, assassinated or kidnapped. Not even those that had police orderlies were spared! In the circumstance, movement of goods and persons suffered serious drop.

Reacting to the situation, show business guru and owner of Beaton Recording Studio, Chief Vitalis Orikeze Ajumbe, affirmed that night life is still alive and hinged his argument on the fact that if anyone removes night life from the easy going Owerri man, you would have completely removed everything from him.

“Night life is still alive in Owerri despite the serious security challenges facing the city and its inhabitants. Truth is that if you remove night life from the Owerri man, you have removed everything from him”, Chief Ajumbe reasoned.

Continuing, Ajumbe said that at evenings and in virtually every busy street in Owerri municipality, pub owners arrange chairs in anticipation of the evening’s customers, adding that the establishments remain open till late at night.

Addressing the issue of musical shows, Ajumbe equally said that free shows are still alive, but quickly pointed out that ticketed shows have slumped drastically except on Saturdays.

Conversely, another show promoter, Chief Vincon Uwakwe Uwandu, lamented that “show business in Owerri is dead because of the looming insecurity, high cost of publicity and hiring of venues”. Continuing, Uwandu reasoned that a large number of people no longer find it fashionable to go out in the night because of kidnapping, assassination and robbery being experienced in the state.

He passionately appealed to government to beef up security in the state, stressing that some people no longer sleep in Owerri.

They have since adopted the habit of sleeping outside and only come in to do business and leave with speed. Whichever way anybody may look at the situation, some truths must be upheld. There is insecurity in the land and many have been victims. No economy can grow in the face of insecurity. Unless this fear is erased and quickly too, night life may never return to its original form in Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chino11(m): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
READ ON BRO AND TELL ME THAT THERE IS NO NEED TO IMPEACH ROGUASS ROCHAS

There was stampede along Wetheral Road, Owerri, yesterday morning, following the invasion of the area by a gang of dare devil armed robbers.

A number of people sustained varying degrees of injury while trying to run away into safety from the danger zone.

One of the accounts of the incident had it that the robbers attacked a man, who went to withdraw some money from one of the new generation banks along Ikenegbu Road (names withheld).

Another school of thought claimed that the robbers attacked a private establishment that sells communication equipment, including telephone handsets, and carted away a huge sum of money.

However, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Sam Oodee, said no report had reached the Command about any armed robbery attack on any commercial bank operating in Owerri.

“As soon as the Command was alerted, we radioed all our patrol vehicles to head towards the area. The feelers we got thereafter from them was that no bank was under siege”, Oodee said.

When asked if the stampede could have taken place for the fun of it, the PPRO said “there was the possibility of a kidnap attempt but the incident is still very clear to me”.

http://www.zimbio.com/Nigeria+Crimes+News/articles/whIGrVdBc_y/Stampede+robbers+raid+Owerri
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chino11(m): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2012
READ ON AND TELL ME THAT TONY EZENNA LEFT DREADED IMO STATE AND CAME TO ANAMBRA TO INVEST BILLIONS OF NAIRA FOR NO JUST CAUSE:

By Chidi Nkwopara, Owerri Armed robbery ope-rations in Imo State took a very dangerous dimension last Thursday, as the dare devil hoodlums now operate with all manner of sophisticated weapons. Saturday Vanguard investigations revealed that the hoodlums defied the heavy rain and shot their way into the highbrow Mbari Street, Owerri, attacking one of the commercial banks. Unconfirmed sources said about four persons suspected to be bank workers were seriously injured in the attack and all the money in the Automated Teller Machine, ATM, was carted away. A journalist (names withheld), within the vicinity of the robbery operation, told Saturday Vanguard that the armed robbers stormed the bank at about 7pm when the bank workers were still working. “It was a brazen adventure by the robbers. From our hiding places, we heard the sound of all manner of sophisticated weapons, including what sounded like bombs”, the journalist recounted. He further confirmed that a combined team of soldiers and policemen, who swiftly responded to the distress call, engaged the hoodlums in a serious gun duel that lasted for about 30 minutes. Saturday Vanguard equally gathered that members of the gang that managed to flee from the superior fire power of the security personnel later abandoned their get-away vehicle at a point close to the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Okigwe Road, Owerri. Meanwhile, many people who spoke to Saturday Vanguard after the ugly incident lamented over what they termed “the growing level of insecurity in the state”. They were irked that “the robbers could conveniently execute an operation within a shouting distance away from the Government House and State Police Headquarters, Owerri”. The respondents were of the opinion that if this happen within Owerri municipality with ease, “it stands to reason that those living in the hinterlands must be passing through hell in the hands of hoodlums. As at the time of going to press, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Samuel Oodee, did not respond to the text message sent to him by Vanguard to give the police account of the event. The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Samuel Oodee, has confirmed that armed robbers invaded the UBA, destroyed the ATM and carted away an unspecified amount f cash. The PPRO, who was reacting to Vanguard’s inquiry in a telephone chat, also said that about five persons were wounded in the operation and were immediately taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, for treatment. Continuing, the PPRO said that a combine team of soldiers and policemen responded to the distress call and equally pursued the fleeing robbers and they quickly abandoned their Bayelsa State registered vehicle in a traffic hold up along Okigwe Road, Owerri. “The police recovered the vehicle and when it was carefully searched, one dynamite was found in it. We have commenced serious investigation into the matter. No arrests have been made”, Oodee said.

http://www.zimbio.com/Nigeria+Crimes+News/articles/swGT-8k2FMc/Robbers+attack+bank+Owerri+four+injured

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Kachinom(f): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2012
All are 0rubbish, u kno smtyms I regret voting 4 dis man, Y? Imo state is now a city of sodom and Gomorrah, only hotels being built, dat money shld b channeled to improve hospitals nd Imsu and oda tins, nt buildin yeye hotel, d one dy hv is it nt enough? No improvement as per job creation and investments as he said, road is zero, his contractors has destroyed d good sandy road in front of my father's compound all in them name of trying to tarr d road, rather all d water pipes broken hence it is flooded, and it is destroyin properties along dat area,if u don't have a jeep don't even try venturing to dat part if not ur vehicle will b in d mechanic for weeks, nd this part is okigwe rd layout, close to executive garden hotel,this has made my place a no go area, after dy will call it GRA and Imo is more dirty dan b4 infact not worse, worst dan udenwa nd Ohakim's regime.

Hello poster are u presently In O town nw or jst visited and took a picture of only places dat might have intrested u? I don't see any work Rochas is doing
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chino11(m): 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
This is Tony Ezenna Road @ prestigious Onitsha Harbour. Anambra state government named its after your son who invest billions of naira in Anambra. This road leads to his plant, one can even see the massive Orange Drugs facility/plant down the road.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
Eifeh: your right lets wait till then nna ala igbo ga adiriri mma
dalu nwanne,the last thing i wil do is to engage in UNHEALTHY comparison of igbo states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Broveens42(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.