Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2394732 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amaco13: 10:50am On Dec 23, 2017
Vicboi1:

Honestly this your Rochas mentality has to stop if you reside in owerri you would get to understand that all Rochas projects is the more you look the less you see
I reside in Owerri the only thing you people do is to rant, insult on social media but on ground Rochas is the best.Owerri has really changed for good, you people's problem is jealousy.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 6pax: 11:02am On Dec 23, 2017
Vicboi1:

Honestly this your Rochas mentality has to stop if you reside in owerri you would get to understand that all Rochas projects is the more you look the less you see
grin grin cheesy cheesy shocked : shocked
Waoo shocked shocked
This is a pure evidens that their is an ongoing conspiracy to pull the governor of IMO state down by all means. shocked
U said IMO air isnt working he gave evidence that it's still operational and u daftly argued that it was since on Nov 11, he came up with a superior argument and you are now chasing winds cheesy
You be real dundy grin

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Vicboi1(m): 11:06am On Dec 23, 2017
6pax:

Waoo shocked shocked
This is a pure evidens that their is an ongoing conspiracy to pull the governor of IMO state down by all means. shocked
U said IMO air isnt working he gave evidence that it's still operational and u daftly argued that it was since on Nov 11, he came up with a superior argument and you are now chasing winds cheesy
You be real dundy grin

Am not in a conspiracy to pull down Rochas government am just trying to let you all know that the imo you see on social media is different from the imo we the residents see

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Vicboi1(m): 11:09am On Dec 23, 2017
amaco13:
I reside in Owerri the only thing you people do is to rant, insult on social media but on ground Rochas is the best.Owerri has really changed for good, you people's problem is jealousy.
Nobody is jealous of anything imo is getting better its for the benefit of you and I remember what am just trying to let you know that most of the deceit going on in imo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2017
6pax:

Waoo shocked shocked
You be real dundy grin

Facts are sacred and outlive lies in the end.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2017
Imo1stson:

Without mincing words, Rochas is doing wonders in Owerri.

I am just appealing to him to copy Abuja model of planting trees or palm along median of major roads so ass not to repeat the mistakes of Lagos.

I know it is easy for folks to conclude that without trees and flower a place is still beautiful and habitable. However, a few months after the shiny paints are faded, you will see how ugly it will look. Trees and flowers not just give a great ambiance, it encourages people to treat the environment with some respect. We all love Abuja not just for the wide roads, but the conscious effort at landscaping with trees and flowers the way it should be done for every serious town.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by nwoke37: 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
Cjrane2:

I am just appealing to him to copy Abuja model of planting trees or palm along median of major roads so ass not to repeat the mistakes of Lagos.

I know it is easy for folks to conclude that without trees and flower a place is still beautiful and habitable. However, a few months after the shiny paints are faded, you will see how ugly it will look. Trees and flowers not just give a great ambiance, it encourages people to treat the environment with some respect. We all love Abuja not just for the wide roads, but the conscious effort at landscaping with trees and flowers the way it should be done for every serious town.

I agree. I can't believe they didn't plant grass there too. That sand really is a turn off. Without greenery, the place just looks like a glorified village.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Igbo amaka grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
Cjrane2:

I love this your photo and it's already in the plan with grasses but not palm trees but coniferous trees. Palm trees look finer but seem not to grow well as noticed with the ones planted at IICC.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by nwoke37: 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
Abagworo:

I love this your photo and it's already in the plan with grasses but not palm trees but coniferous trees. Palm trees look finer but seem not to grow well as noticed with the ones planted at IICC.

Do you have connections with the government in IMO State?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Kingsley10000: 5:50am On Dec 27, 2017
OWERRI IS THE NEW BIAFRAN CAPITAL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 10:51am On Dec 27, 2017
Cjrane2:

Here's the prototype of Akanu Ibiam road. Work is still going on though but looks good to be completed by Easter 2018.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by justineu(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2017
nwoke37:

I agree. I can't believe they didn't plant grass there too. That sand really is a turn off. Without greenery, the place just looks like a glorified village.
Una blood is always hot.. If you look closer you will notice that the soil is loamy. I believe b4 next yr raining season begins their will start planting of grass there.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
Imo1stson:

Here's the prototype of Akanu Ibiam road. Work is still going on though but looks good to be completed by Easter 2018.

Nice, prototype model. Nigerian local contractors never strive to match the model to the real project.

For example, We always see flowers and trees on prototype models.When they are built, it is a different story all together.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by nwoke37: 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2017
justineu:
Una blood is always hot.. If you look closer you will notice that the soil is loamy. I believe b4 next yr raining season begins their will start planting of grass there.

grin grin lol. We want to see our state doing the best that it can, no more mediocrity. Those of us abroad want to see Nigeria reach their level.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 6:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
Imo1stson:

is this new or something you made up? Those trees don't grow in this part of Africa so I'm going to go ahead and say this is a fabrication
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by justineu(m): 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ikengawo:

is this new or something you made up? Those trees don't grow in this part of Africa so I'm going to go ahead and say this is a fabrication
Travel to Abj and see trees like that.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
justineu:
Travel to Abj and see trees like that.

different climate
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by justineu(m): 7:05pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ikengawo:

different climate
what do you mean? Are you trying to say trees that grows in Abuja cant grow in Imo?

Imo state has good climate condition than abj when comes to planting.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 7:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
justineu:
what do you mean? Are you trying to say trees that grows in Abuja cant grow in Imo?

Imo state has good climate condition than abj when comes to planting.

You're confusing different climate with better climate. I don't know why but it's how you chose to see it. The trees that grow in Enugu don't grow in Owerri. The trees that grow in Owerri don't grow in Abuja. The sketch uses carboniferous trees, which aren't native trees and would struggle to mature in the climate in Owerri. The way tropical trees from Owerri would struggle in Denmark. It's not a matter of what's better and what's worst.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ikengawo:

You're confusing different climate with better climate. I don't know why but it's how you chose to see it. The trees that grow in Enugu don't grow in Owerri. The trees that grow in Owerri don't grow in Abuja. The sketch uses carboniferous trees, which aren't native trees and would struggle to mature in the climate in Owerri. The way tropical trees from Owerri would struggle in Denmark. It's not a matter of what's better and what's worst.

Well some roads in New Owerri are lined with coniferous trees. I guess our climate supports it. Whistling pine is very common in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:17am On Dec 30, 2017
I'm in town now so our photo gallery will be updated more rapidly. Had early morning jogging today around my new neighbourhood which is Jacob Zuma road.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 8:23am On Dec 30, 2017
LOL because of Rochas, this is permanently Jacob Zuma road.
chie...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
Ikengawo:
LOL because of Rochas, this is permanently Jacob Zuma road.
chie...

Not bad.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2017
Abagworo:

Not bad.
I am in Owerri too. Will be leaving to Orlu tomorrow. it's good to be home. Abagworo are you the tall guy jogging?

What the heck is Rochas building in Owerri biko? I saw so many abandoned projects in Orlu on my way home to Owerri yesterday. O gi ni n'eme?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2017
Abagworo:
I'm in town now so our photo gallery will be updated more rapidly. Had early morning jogging today around my new neighbourhood which is Jacob Zuma road.

Keep them coming, your updates are commendable
Kudos, without you this thread would have been dead,
It takes a lot to keep up the update, Happy new year in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2017
Beremx:
I am in Owerri too. Will be leaving to Orlu tomorrow. it's good to be home. Abagworo are you the tall guy jogging?

What the heck is Rochas building in Owerri biko? I saw so many abandoned projects in Orlu on my way home to Owerri yesterday. O gi ni n'eme?

I've not been to Orlu for 2 years now but I heard he will focus on Orlu and Okigwe from now till May 2019. Owerri has witnessed the change we expected in Nigeria but the indigenous people are hungry and unhappy. I took out time to stroll and discuss with a lot of them and I understand their plight. Old Owerri is well maintained by Okorocha and it's very commendable. I expected to see a complete ghetto at Onumonu, Njemanze, Mbaise, School road, Tetlow etc. but they turned out clean and well maintained. I only met some slums at Royce road around New Market towards old Nekede road. Owerri in general is the most improved Nigerian city I visited this year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 2:08pm On Dec 30, 2017
Abagworo:

I've not been to Orlu for 2 years now but I heard he will focus on Orlu and Okigwe from now till May 2019. Owerri has witnessed the change we expected in Nigeria but the indigenous people are hungry and unhappy. I took out time to stroll and discuss with a lot of them and I understand their plight. Old Owerri is well maintained by Okorocha and it's very commendable. I expected to see a complete ghetto at Onumonu, Njemanze, Mbaise, School road, Tetlow etc. but they turned out clean and well maintained. I only met some slums at Royce road around New Market towards old Nekede road. Owerri in general is the most improved Nigerian city I visited this year.
he should better focus on Orlu and Okigwe. I also noticed neighbouring towns surrounding owerri are fast developing. I am at Uratta presently as i type and i saw the massive development going on there and places like Egbu,Awaka and so on. Rochas should just set the pace for development and every other development will follow.

I am not happy that keke was banned in owerri. Imo people will have to pay more for transportation.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2017
Beremx:
he should better focus on Orlu and Okigwe. I also noticed neighbouring towns surrounding owerri are fast developing. I am at Uratta presently as i type and i saw the massive development going on there and places like Egbu,Awaka and so on. Rochas should just set the pace for development and every other development will follow.

I am not happy that keke was banned in owerri. Imo people will have to pay more for transportation.

That's one of the things I supported which I am begging Okorocha to return at least in the inner streets. One of the Owerri families I visited at Tetlow road lost 8 shops at Ekeukwu and have 4 kekes parked in their compound by their now jobless young men. The impact of demolishing Ekeukwu and banning Keke is very devastating to Owerri natives who lost at least 60% of their land to Government as State capital and more to financial inducement from settlers.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2017
Beremx:

Owerre wu Owerre wu uratta, as they say,
The whole of uratta is really expanding, it is accomodating imolites and other people from other lgas and eastern states,

Owerri is beginning to have cosmopolitan posture, the Ghanaian community, yoruba community and hausa community is really increasing,

I was surprised at the rapid growth around okwu uratta, egbu, owalla, owellu, umuoba, ebikoro, everywhere is rapidly changing,

However, I will also love one particular Toronto Junction end of northwards mcc road, To be completed, it has been abandoned since ohakim dispensation.

It will also be appreciated if the governor can do more in other zones and lgas outside owerri, 2018 gonna be fruitful.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAgbalajob: 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

Owerre wu Owerre wu uratta, as they say,
The whole of uratta is really expanding, it is accomodating imolites and other people from other lgas and eastern states,

Owerri is beginning to have cosmopolitan posture, the Ghanaian community, yoruba community and hausa community is really increasing,

I was surprised at the rapid growth around okwu uratta, egbu, owalla, owellu, umuoba, ebikoro, everywhere is rapidly changing,

However, I will also love one particular Toronto Junction end of northwards mcc road, To be completed, it has been abandoned since ohakim dispensation.

It will also be appreciated if the governor can do more in other zones and lgas outside owerri, 2018 gonna be fruitful.

Resumption of international flights at Sam Mbakwe Intl. airport (SMICA) is important to Owerri achieving it's potential. The way FAAN and NCAA has forced Ethiopian and Turkish airlines to combine their almost empty Kano international flights with stopover in Kaduna airport to boost development of those northern Nigeria airports, The Enugu and Port Harcourt airports can combine new international flights with Owerri. For instance, Turkish airline flight to Port Harcourt Intl. via Owerri and Air France Paris-Port Harcourt-Owerri flights will help the airport.

Instead of looking for projects built by other Imo Governors or former Presidents to rename after Buhari, Rochas should impress on Buhari to permit international flights into Owerri and dualize the airport road.
Then naming that important airport road after Buhari would be justifiable honor to him as he has contributed towards the development of the state.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.