Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2388007 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
asha80:
what is going on here?

Demolition of illegal structures in Orlu and environs. Heard the Umuna youths enforced it themselves.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
Cleanliness is next to godliness.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
When an outsider appreciates what the natives take for granted.

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
What is good is good.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2018
work recommence on IMO high rise apartments

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rdokoye: 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pictures are pretty small, can't make out the billboard
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by nwoke37: 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
sanctity454:

make billboard picture bigger
Where is this located? Owerri?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
nwoke37:

make billboard picture bigger Where is this located? Owerri?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2018
nwoke37:

make billboard picture bigger
Where is this located? Owerri?
let me try,

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by USAbabe(f): 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2018
nice one i like imo post

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
I think Rochas or any subsequent Imo governor should try and replicate the Port-hacourt Pleasure park in Owerri. That will be a great addition to the city.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by USAbabe(f): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2018
Afam4eva:
I think Rochas or any subsequent Imo governor should try and replicate the Port-hacourt Pleasure park in Owerri. That will be a great addition to the city.

is good ...lets stop cursing our states
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kettykings: 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2018
sanctity454:

This will be a game changer for the SouthEast , Thank God imo pioneered it and i am hoping other capitals will follow suit to save land for agriculture, The East should outlaw the construction of low storey buildings and bungalows both in the city centres and outskirts.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
kettykings:

This will be a game changer for the SouthEast , Thank God imo pioneered it and i am hoping other capitals will follow suit to save land for agriculture, The East should outlaw the construction of low storey buildings and bungalows both in the city centres and outskirts.
it should be privately run and managed in govt builds it..i also prefer a private firm building it..dont trust govts especially in these parts

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 3:09pm On Jan 17, 2018
Afam4eva:

But there are several parks in Owerri already and the palm beach resort is ongoing as well at Nworie bank. What Owerri needs now is demolition or refurbishing of all city houses to 21st century standard or for the poorer ones to repaint their faded houses.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAgbalajob: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
Abogwara:

But there are several parks in Owerri already and the palm beach resort is ongoing as well at Nworie bank. What Owerri needs now is demolition or refurbishing of all city houses to 21st century standard or for the poorer ones to repaint their faded houses.

I think he meant proper amusement parks and not 2 or 3 janlovers on a school playground called " world class parks" the way be give big names to empty projects.

I am not against demolishing slums and shanties, but NO HOME must be demolished because it has architecture of the 1960 or 1970s. It is our heritage to still see those old designs and how we have evolved. Therefore, Owerri does not need to demolish any properly built houses. Africans always believe in destroying the old, instead of building anything new. There is ample land at Naze, at Amokorhia, at Nekede and other outskirt suburbs that can be planned and developed into modern Owerri. Everything must not begin from Orlu road and end in Douglas road. Even US cities as Miami, Atlanta or Los Angeles are still growing in the suburbs without the destructive idea of always demolishing the achievements of the past to a questionable "progress" today.

Just build more wide dual carriage ways in the suburb areas and develop the places as you did in new Owerri and stop demolishing peoples homes.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
ChimaAgbalajob:

I think he meant proper amusement parks and not 2 or 3 janlovers on a school playground called " world class parks" the way be give big names to empty projects.

So Pleasure Park is like the stuffs you posted abi you just want to condemn. It's only at Shoprite Enugu that I have seen that and it wasn't built by Government. As for facilities several parks in Owerri are okay. Well this here is the only Government owned children's park in Owerri and it's part of Heroes park. It is one of the few and best government owned children's park in Nigeria. There are of course better private owned ones and no one stops you from building yours.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2018
Demolition in Orlu urban

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
With the shanties cleared the Orlu open mall is ready for landscaping.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Rochas2023: 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2018
I thought they said Rochas is not doing any thing in orlu

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
Rochas2023:

Only someone who didn't know Orlu before Okorocha would believe that. He built Orlu between 2011 and 2014 but after election in 2015 concentrated more on Owerri before moving back to other areas this January.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
Rochas2023:

If Gov. Rochas now modernizes Orlu - asphalt the Orlu urban roads created during the late 1970s, complete the urban drainage system, restore IMSUTH's glory - the sky may be his limit in Imo 2019 succession game.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kettykings: 5:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
asha80:
it should be privately run and managed in govt builds it..i also prefer a private firm building it..dont trust govts especially in these parts

My brother you are quite right on this , but the way i look at it is that the Government needs to enforce it with the necessary legislation while the private sector and business organisations carry it out.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by whirlwind7(m): 5:58am On Jan 18, 2018
ChimaAgbalajob:

I am not against demolishing slums and shanties, but NO HOME must be demolished because it has architecture of the 1960 or 1970s. It is our heritage to still see those old designs and how we have evolved. Therefore, Owerri does not need to demolish any properly built houses. Africans always believe in destroying the old, instead of building anything new. There is ample land at Naze, at Amokorhia, at Nekede and other outskirt suburbs that can be planned and developed into modern Owerri. Everything must not begin from Orlu road and end in Douglas road. Even US cities as Miami, Atlanta or Los Angeles are still growing in the suburbs without the destructive idea of always demolishing the achievements of the past to a questionable "progress" today.

Just build more wide dual carriage ways in the suburb areas and develop the places as you did in new Owerri and stop demolishing peoples homes.

Sensible input. I totally agree with this.
Let the old evolve with the new. If the owners of these old buildings feel the need to demolish them and rebuild, so be it.
Government MUST NOT destroy them under any circumstances. Cities and towns grow at the pace and capacity of its inhabitants. The most important thing is to have a master plan in place for the developing suburbs, else in the next few decades, they will become an eyesore.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 8:25am On Jan 18, 2018
whirlwind7:

Sensible input. I totally agree with this.
Let the old evolve with the new. If the owners of these old buildings feel the need to demolish them and rebuild, so be it.
Government MUST NOT destroy them under any circumstances. Cities and towns grow at the pace and capacity of its inhabitants. The most important thing is to have a master plan in place for the developing suburbs, else in the next few decades, they will become an eyesore.

It isn't right to abandon old for new as believed by typical Nigerian. The beautiful looks of old Owerri today has elevated the city beyond Nigerian standard. By the time Douglas is reconstructed this year, the next port of call should be extending the 10 lane highways to suburbs by next government as well as kick off intracity light rail which will be completed in years to come. The important thing is laying good foundation upon which successive Governments will work on and this Okorocha government has done that.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2018
Orlu town looking like typical Nigerian city unlike Owerri that now looks foreign. 1st two photos Owerri and last 2 Orlu.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Okorocha has wasted 8yrs years doing nothing other than incurring a heavy debt of over 250billion on Imo state. Below are the only completed projects by Okorocha. #FACT

He was even proud taking VP on inspection. LOL

So who are the next people Rochas will mould?
Buhari? El-Rufai or Abacha?

Has somebody noted that Dee Sam Mbakwe is still conspicuously absent there? Ojukwu isn't there neither is Michael Okpara or other legendary Igbo leaders.
No need to mention cream of Igbo academia who have been severally honored abroad. NONE of the heroes there are even from Imo State! So Imo state has never produced a hero before?

In contrast, see who states promote their own history and allow people to understand the journey of their state from inception till date. Sometimes i ask myself why we have some of the dullest rulers in the the SE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1QzLX1Oja8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMTCkqyZZOI

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
OreMI22:

So who are the next people Rochas will mould?
Buhari? El-Rufai or Abacha?

Has somebody noted that Dee Sam Mbakwe is still conspicuously absent there? Ojukwu isn't there neither is Michael Okpara or other legendary Igbo leaders.
No need to mention cream of Igbo academia who have been severally honored abroad. NONE of the heroes there are even from Imo State! So Imo state has never produced a hero before?

In contrast, see who states promote their own history and allow people to understand the journey of their state from inception till date. Sometimes i ask myself why we have some of the dullest rulers in the the SE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1QzLX1Oja8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMTCkqyZZOI

You seem not to get the point. Okorocha is working on Owerri as a pan-African city not as a local city. That Heroes park represents Africa and all people of colour not just Imo State or Nigeria. Most African-American visitors appreciate the park because their point of view is not specific to a particular State in Nigeria but all of us black people as a whole.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 6pax: 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
Afam4eva:

Guy I wish you reside in ph to see the garbage dump you call pleasure park.
A swampy area with stagnant water was cleared and grasses scantily planted alas the modocre of a governor called it pleasure park shocked
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2018
6pax:

Guy I wish you reside in ph to see the garbage dump you call pleasure park.
A swampy area with stagnant water was cleared and grasses scantily planted alas the modocre of a governor called it pleasure park shocked
I was there a little over a month ago and i thought it was particularly impressive.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 6pax: 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
Afam4eva:

I was there a little over a month ago and i thought it was particularly impressive.
What make it impressive shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.