Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,824 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2393369 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:00pm On May 16, 2020
Maadoo:

I his capital. An imolite can have a tissue paper or soap manufacturing company in Nnewi and build his hotel in owerri. It works well.

Thank you for your comments. Same thing I've been trying to say. All the states can't be into building of factories and industries, Imo has decided to invest in the hospitality sector, let's allow it be.

What people don't know is that the presence of the hospitality industry will lead to a boost in several other industries in Imo state such as agriculture and transport sectors.

Just as you mentioned Dubai, let me add Las Vegas. These are cities whose economy are majorly based on the hospitality sector and are cashing out from it.

The hospitality sector requires agricultural produce to survive, such as meat, fish, chicken, vegetables and staple crops. That'll bring a boost to the agric sector.

It also requires the transport sector. People fly into Las Vegas and Dubai just to spend the weekends, who said such can't be achieved in Imo state, considering we already have an airport. Let the roads be repaired, then u'll be surprised Uber might soon launch in Imo state.

From recent posts on this thread, it seems there is an increase in road construction which is a very good thing. We will get there, it's a gradual process

@Sanctity454, note that the value of a building isn't just the building alone but also the ground/location on which it was built. You look down at the massive hotels in Owerri, because they were built in Owerri.

If these same hotels were built in, say GRA Lagos or Lekki, you'll be the one complaining they are building "billion naira hotels" outside Imo state. So that you feel they ain't worth that much is just because of where they are built.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maadoo: 6:09pm On May 16, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Thank you for your comments. Same thing I've been trying to say. All the states can't be into building of factories and industries, Imo has decided to invest in the hospitality sector, let's allow it be.

What people don't know is that the presence of the hospitality industry will lead to a boost in several other industries in Imo state such as agriculture and transport sectors.

Just as you mentioned Dubai, let me add Las Vegas. These are cities whose economy are majorly based on the hospitality sector and are cashing out from it.

The hospitality sector requires agricultural produce to survive, such as meat, fish, chicken, vegetables and staple crops. That'll bring a boost to the agric sector.

It also requires the transport sector. People fly into Las Vegas and Dubai just to spend the weekends, who said such can't be achieved in Imo state, considering we already have an airport. Let the roads be repaired, then u'll be surprised Uber might soon launch in Imo state.

From recent posts on this thread, it seems there is an increase in road construction which is a very good thing. We will get there, it's a gradual process

Taxify has been in Owerri since 2018

https://www.legit.ng/1196445-taxify-launched-ibadan-owerri-offering-20-rides.html

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/taxify-begins-operation-in-ibadan-owerri/

I also know poultry business is big in owerri. My cousin’s friend is building a big 5bed bungalow house in his village with it and his poultry is in the village, but supplies Owerri.

What baffles me most about hotelling in owerri is that, despite the multitude of hotels, it’s never enough, thereby creating room for more to be built, and also increasing competition in quality and service delivery.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:21pm On May 16, 2020
Maadoo:

What baffles me most about hotelling in owerri is that, despite the multitude of hotels, it’s never enough, thereby creating room for more to be built, and also increasing competition in quality and service delivery.

Waoh, I never knew Taxify was already in Imo. Thanks for that.

Your last paragraph is so true, if people weren't visiting these hotels, new ones won't be built. And true to fact, they are all trying to outshine each other, giving clients a huge range of excellent options to choose from.

The "fever" has even moved outside Owerri. I was surprised last time I went home and saw a hotel (Chris VI, I think) in my area. It is a really large hotel. Let other states come to Imo to spend their money, it's all for the best.

The governor just needs to intensify efforts on road EXPANSION and repairs. Thank God he seems to be doing that already
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 6:23pm On May 16, 2020
Maadoo:

Taxify has been in Owerri since 2018

https://www.legit.ng/1196445-taxify-launched-ibadan-owerri-offering-20-rides.html

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/taxify-begins-operation-in-ibadan-owerri/

I also know poultry business is big in owerri. My cousin’s friend is building a big 5bed bungalow house in his village with it and his poultry is in the village, but supplies Owerri.

e get one hotel wey dey for ahiara junction mbaise...
Thst hotel is one of the best in this Owerri ahswear.. em name na Chris v..

Madt hotels dey imo state ahswear

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 6:26pm On May 16, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Waoh, I never knew Taxify was already in Imo. Thanks for that.

Your last paragraph is so true, if people weren't visiting these hotels, new ones won't be built. And true to fact, they are all trying to outshine each other, giving clients a huge range of excellent options to choose from.

The "fever" has even moved outside Owerri. I was surprised last time I went home and saw a hotel (Chris VI, I think) in my area. It is a really large hotel. Let other states come to Imo to spend their money, it's all for the best.

The governor just needs to intensify efforts on road EXPANSION and repairs. Thank God he seems to be doing that already
lol, at ahiara junction..
That hotel na 5 star hotel African standard..

12k per night.. that hotel na madt
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maadoo: 6:28pm On May 16, 2020
seankafor:
e get one hotel wey dey for ahiara junction mbaise...
Thst hotel is one of the best in this Owerri ahswear.. em name na Chris v..

Madt hotels dey imo state ahswear

I know the hotel. If the hotel was in somewhere like lekki or ikeja, they won’t charge less than 20k per night.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maadoo: 6:39pm On May 16, 2020
When next I go home, this is one of the new hotels I would like to try out

City Cruz Hotel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7jL5ouD3ao

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAdeoye: 6:45pm On May 16, 2020
Maadoo:

City Cruz Hotel

Owerri has the best and most luxurious hotels in Nigeria - FACT!

All that remains is for the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport (SMICA) to begin taking international flights and bringing in tourists from outside Nigeria. Then the true value of Owerri will shine for the world to see.

With the collapse of oil price, one hopes the Federal Government will play less bad belle "Obstacle" roles in preventing states from developing their own sources of IGR in areas where they have a comparative advantage.

Enjoy the beautiful Oguta Crystal Lake Hotel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmziPyHfJn8&t=45s

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maadoo: 6:48pm On May 16, 2020
BON HOTEL TRIPOD OWERRI(with a roof top )

Mind you, these are multi national brands rushing down to owerri, just like Protea and Golden Tulips. All these made possible because of the name Owerri has created for itself. This is the same way Benz, or Toyota can decide to site its factory in Nnewi or Timberland opening an outlet factory in Aba.

Mind you, Owerri is their third in Nigeria, after Abuja and Lagos

7 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maadoo: 6:50pm On May 16, 2020
Look at the view, just imagine the number of uncompleted hotels and proposed hotels that are coming up?

It’s a waste of time complaining about the number of hotels in Owerri. Owerri has created a niche for itself, let’s deal with it and see how we can improve on it.

All Owerri needs now is good and accessible roads, power and security, the rest will take care of itself.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maadoo: 6:51pm On May 16, 2020
Moore

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maadoo: 6:53pm On May 16, 2020
I need a reason not to checkout this hotel, even if it is to have lunch.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maadoo: 6:54pm On May 16, 2020
More

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maadoo: 7:07pm On May 16, 2020
Do you guys also know that short-let is a Fast growing business in owerri? There are a lot of Unoccupied properties in owerri owned by people living abroad or in Lagos/Abuja or where ever they are. These properties are leased out on short-lets by the managers of the properties. Most of the apartments in Hero’s apartments are on short-let. It’s has been my favourite place for sometime. Whenever my brother is back from Obodo Oyibo grin, and we want to stay in the city for some days and not village house(big house oo, 12rooms at that), hero’s apartments has been there for us. 24hrs light, well furnished rooms, with kitchen and store, centrally located in the heart of the city, quiet, well secured and nice view at night, especailly if you are at the topmost floor.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAdeoye: 7:09pm On May 16, 2020
Maadoo:
Just look at the view, just imagine the number of uncompleted hotels and proposed hotels that are coming up?

It’s a waste of time complain of the hotels. Owerri has created an niche for itself, let’s deal with it and see how we can improve on it.

All Owerri needs now is roads, power and security, the rest will take care of itself.

Owerri needs to figure a way to make it accessible to international tourists, without the tourists needing to enter any local roads or airplanes to reach Owerri. Even if Owerri is a second stop destination in Nigeria for an international flight. In the way Lufthansa and Air France combines Port Harcourt - Abuja- Frankfurt/Paris.

If international tourists can easily access Owerri by air, it would help the state government lucratively reap into the tourism potentials of the hotels, as well as help boost Nigeria's image as a major tourism destination in Africa.

That is why the Sam Mbakwe International Airport beginning to take international flights is cornerstone to Imo state achieving it's potential and tapping into the billions of dollars in the global tourism industry.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 16, 2020
The tunnelling project has commenced

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 16, 2020
More

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 16, 2020
Maadoo:
Do you guys also know that short-let is a Fast growing business in owerri? There are a lot of Unoccupied properties in owerri owned by people living abroad or in Lagos/Abuja or where ever they are. These properties are leased out on short-lets by the managers of the properties. Most of the apartments in Hero’s apartments are on short-let. It’s has been my favourite place though for sometime. Whenever my brother is back from Obodo Oyibo grin, and we want to stay in the city for some days and not village
house(big house oo, 12rooms at that), hero’s apartments has been there for us. 24hrs light, well furnished rooms, with kitchen and store, centrally located in the heart of the city and nice view at night, especailly if you are at the topmost floor.
Yea i know about that heroes apartment managed my the Akano's.
In terms of real estate, after ph na owerri, as it's going to achieve another boom after does oil and gas investment in ohaji comes on stream

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 7:43pm On May 16, 2020
Nice job guys... viewing all the way from lekki

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:08pm On May 16, 2020
seankafor:
lol, at ahiara junction..
That hotel na 5 star hotel African standard..
12k per night.. that hotel na madt

Waoh, you know the place. Last time I was home, they were building a kinda "pedestrian bridge" from the main hotel to another building they built across the inner road. Their event tent is also dope

Although I heard the rooms are not so large for the price. Will check it out next time I am around.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:09pm On May 16, 2020
Maadoo:

I know the hotel. If the hotel was in somewhere like lekki or ikeja, they won’t charge less than 20k per night.

Exactly what I was telling Sanctity earlier. If these hotels were situated in Lekki/Ikeja, he won't be looking at them like razz hotels.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 8:11pm On May 16, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Waoh, you know the place. Last time I was home, they were building a kinda "pedestrian bridge" from the main hotel to another building they built across the inner road. Their event tent is also dope

Although I heard the rooms are not so large for the price. Will check it out next time I am around.
them don link the bridge furnish am tey tey..

Na there I chill for Easter throughout.. it's worth every penny bro
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:19pm On May 16, 2020
Maadoo:

City Cruz Hotel

The bathroom doesn't have water heater? Anyone that visits Enugu should check out Citadel Suites... I hope to visit a hotel in Owerri like it. It has a green environment and FRIENDLY customer service even for its price.

One of the hotels I stayed in Owerri had very lousy customer service and the lobby was filled with call girls who were smoking. I think hotels should have a separate place for the call girls, and if they should stay in the lobby, they should be decent at least. Thank God the one I stayed in last at Chukwuma Nwaoha was better of.

Hotels in Owerri have a lot of work to do it they want more clientele base. Although I never lodge for any of those big big hotels inside town sha o
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:21pm On May 16, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

one hopes the Federal Government will play less bad belle "Obstacle" roles in preventing states from developing their own sources of IGR in areas where they have a comparative advantage.

Enjoy the beautiful Oguta Crystal Lake Hotel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmziPyHfJn8&t=45s

God bless you for this statement. The Governor should do something about upgrading the airport and constructing a good road linking the airport to Owerri, not that Enyiogugu road that looks like an inner street and can't even contain two big jeeps comfortably.

@Sanctity454 mentioned this crystal lake and now you. Seems it's a very nice place. What's the cost per night, biko?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:26pm On May 16, 2020
seankafor:
them don link the bridge furnish am tey tey..

Na there I chill for Easter throughout.. it's worth every penny bro

Mehn, you be area o. I go check am out next time I come. Them get bush bar?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 16, 2020
Imsu road, how many lanes is it? No road markings? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:46pm On May 16, 2020
asha80:
you are just crafty..as if you werent the person making noise that ramp projects were initiated by rochas when ihedioha's govt started implementation

Where and when?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 16, 2020
Priming of assumpta -port harcourt road
I think the drain will be covered and used as sidewalk, since it has pouches.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:03am On May 17, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

The bathroom doesn't have water heater? Anyone that visits Enugu should check out Citadel Suites... I hope to visit a hotel in Owerri like it. It has a green environment and FRIENDLY customer service even for its price.

One of the hotels I stayed in Owerri had very lousy customer service and the lobby was filled with call girls who were smoking. I think hotels should have a separate place for the call girls, and if they should stay in the lobby, they should be decent at least. Thank God the one I stayed in last at Chukwuma Nwaoha was better of.

Hotels in Owerri have a lot of work to do it they want more clientele base. Although I never lodge for any of those big big hotels inside town sha o

If you have money the best place to stay in Owerri with your family equivalent to anywhere in the world is Royal Palm Resort at Akachi. It's incomparable with typical Nigeria.

Heroes Apartments the one under is the loca version but also manageable

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:09am On May 17, 2020
Owerri bicycle carnival on 16th May, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On May 17, 2020
More from the carnival

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:22am On May 17, 2020
Abagworo:
Owerri bicycle carnival on 16th May, 2020
Owerri is unique with its wide roads, if proper tree planting is followed then abuja can have a competitor at least on the low

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.