Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2394716 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Wow, this axis will really look exotic by the time grasses and flowers cover those brown patches.

I don't know of Hope Uzodinma's advisers or commissioners are here, please tell him to either rebuild the collapsed Freedom Falls and make it strong or just build a fresh one that would be durable. That Freedom Falls was a nice concept and very aesthetic even though the execution was shoddy. If it is there now with this junction improvement, it will be so beautiful kiss kiss
Grasses and shrubs have been planted
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2021
Easternblood:
Yes, I agree with you on that CBD of a thing. I agree 100% ,we need that in the South East. It will show that Igbos are really the economic strength of west Africa

I pray the authorities listen, because owerri city already has a good number of high-rise building projects but scattered across the city, so an area meant for them is very much achievable and realistic.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by FreeIgbos: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2021
sanctity454:
Imo state just came into the limelight economically recently, and have done well. But what I mean is a new CBD area established at New Owerri district, with world class infrastructures of underground sewage, cabling, closed drain roads and interlocked internal roads, the free lands will be an incentive for frontier investors, then IMSG can sell the rest, this plan will ensure rapid development of the CBD within 5years.

As for the car park, funding is the problem, I heard there are plans to sell it or a PPP arrangement to complete the project.

Cc FreeIgbos

Oh I see, you're aiming for it in a grand way. Well, I agree with you on that, at least with our stolen oil wells now returned to us, there may be enough funds at the disposal of state government and also a significantly increased GDP to make it a reality. However, in the meantime, Bank road can be used for now because the sort of project you're talking about will take several years.

Just adding only 3 or 4 more hige rises along Bank/Okigwe road will make all the difference. Who says the state government can't even erect one iconic building of say 15 floors and commercialize it just like Akwa Ibom is doing. We really need to develop a standard city in Igboland that can match Abuja and Lagos in sophistication.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Oh I see, you're aiming for it in a grand way. Well, I agree with you on that, at least with our stolen oil wells now returned to us, there may be enough funds at the disposal of state government and also a significantly increased GDP to make it a reality. However, in the meantime, Bank road can be used for now because the sort of project you're talking about will take several years.

Just adding only 3 or 4 more hige rises along Bank/Okigwe road will make all the difference. Who says the state government can't even erect one iconic building of say 15 floors and commercialize it just like Akwa Ibom is doing. We really need to develop a standard city in Igboland that can match Abuja and Lagos in sophistication.

If progress bank building is completed, with the new high rise building opp prison is completed a miniature CBD is born. But Ikm to 2km standard road with street lights and interlocked internal roads is not that hard to achieve nwanne if we are serious about developing our city.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2021
Please owerri to orlu and owerri to okigwe roads are paramount ..same to owerri to umuahia if possible..people from different parts of the state should be able to commute within the state without hassles

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Why would government give out land for free, in a CBD for that matter? It doesn't work that way, any investor worth its salt that wants to operate in a CBD should be able to buy the land and develop accordingly.

Bank/Okigwe road and Wetheral road is already CBD of Owerri. It is left for government to make laws through the House of Assembly that any building to be erected in that axis wouldn't be less than 6 floors. It should also be marked as a strictly non residential area, particularly Bank/Okigwe road. Already, there are up to 4 buildings along there that are up to 7 floors or more. But more are needed to really make it a befitting CBD for Owerri. How I wish that old and dilapidated building at Warehouse, opposite Iheanacho's house would eventually be demolished and a high rise building erected there.

Also, Hope Uzodinma needs to complete that multi level car park opposite Garden Park so it be put to use.

We need to be futuristic and with that in mind, i don't think Wetheral, Bank Road or Okigwe road should be the CBD of Owerri. The government needs to mark a new area like Ngor-Okpala and plan it very well. Though I agree with you that and should not be given for free.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by anselem87(m): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2021
sanctity454:

If progress bank building is completed, with the new high rise building opp prison is completed a miniature CBD is born. But Ikm to 2km standard road with street lights and interlocked internal roads is not that hard to achieve nwanne if we are serious about developing our city.
concetration of high rise buildings in owerri won't work now because if u check those buildings they are all hotels there's noway those hotel owners will like to build there hotels close to each other in a particular place there will be serious competition and envy between them, bank like afriexim ihedioha should have given them land in the heart of the city like bank road or somewhere in new owerri within villa garden or renato hotel and tell them to make it high rise. But with our Nigeria mentality they take them miles away from the city because of stupid mindset of city expansion at the end of the day we end up expanding sithole as a city
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Easternblood: 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2021
sanctity454:

I pray the authorities listen, because owerri city already has a good number of high-rise building projects but scattered across the city, so an area meant for them is very much achievable and realistic.
Yes ooo, just one or two roads is enough for now
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Easternblood: 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2021
FreeIgbos:

God bless you bro , please can you share any other development threads about Imo state and South East at large to me? Please

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Easternblood: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2021
sanctity454:

what is progress bank building ? Is it there headquarters? Is it high rise?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Easternblood: 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Why would government give out land for free, in a CBD for that matter? It doesn't work that way, any investor worth its salt that wants to operate in a CBD should be able to buy the land and develop accordingly.

Bank/Okigwe road and Wetheral road is already CBD of Owerri. It is left for government to make laws through the House of Assembly that any building to be erected in that axis wouldn't be less than 6 floors. It should also be marked as a strictly non residential area, particularly Bank/Okigwe road. Already, there are up to 4 buildings along there that are up to 7 floors or more. But more are needed to really make it a befitting CBD for Owerri. How I wish that old and dilapidated building at Warehouse, opposite Iheanacho's house would eventually be demolished and a high rise building erected there.

Also, Hope Uzodinma needs to complete that multi level car park opposite Garden Park so it be put to use.

What is holding the car park?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2021
Easternblood:
what is progress bank building ? Is it there headquarters? Is it high rise?

The twin building on the far right of this picture

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2021
Easternblood:
What is holding the car park?

Paucity of funds
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by FreeIgbos: 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2021
Afam4eva:

We need to be futuristic and with that in mind, i don't think Wetheral, Bank Road or Okigwe road should be the CBD of Owerri. The government needs to mark a new area like Ngor-Okpala and plan it very well. Though I agree with you that and should not be given for free.

Airport road, Ngor Okpala and adjoining areas have vast lands that could be used. Other areas that can be used include Umuokanye in Ohaji or Okuku side. Even New Owerri still has vast areas that are still undeveloped. However, except there is serious effort made to move economic activity elsewhere, Wetheral/Okigwe/Bank road axis will remain the CBD even in the foreseeable future.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2021
Easternblood:
Yes ooo, just one or two roads is enough for now
One good road of less than 2km is enough, I even suggest Akachi road for that and it's expansive surrounding area for the project, it's realistic and very close to wetheral road which is the economic center of the state.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
Naze junction improvement works

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2021
Who knows what this complex in the far left of the picture be used for?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Easternblood: 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2021
sanctity454:

The twin building on the far right of this picture
Isn't it abandoned bro?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Easternblood:
Isn't it abandoned bro?
Yes it's abandoned
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Easternblood: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2021
sanctity454:

Yes it's abandoned
Na wa ooo, they should auction it off ASAP. A lot of abandoned buildings in Owerri, mtchewww. It should be looked into
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 08, 2021
Oguta naval base is a reality now

IMO STATE PUBLIC ENLIGHTENMENT

HIGH POWERED DELEGATION FROM NIGERIA NAVY HEADQUARTERS PAYS COURTESY VISIT TO GOVERNOR HOPE UZODIMMA

▪ The Delegation is In Imo State For A Facility Tour Of The Proposed Naval Base At Ossemotor in Oguta LGA

*Members of the visiting delegation*.

1. Rear Admiral Ezekobi Odogwu - Chief of Policy And Plans, Naval Headquarters. ( Leader of Delegation)

2. Rear Admiral M.B Nagenu - Chief of Logistics, Nigerian Naval Headquarters.

3. Commodore B. E Dauda- Director of Combat Policy And Tactics, Naval Headquarters.

4. Commodore S.H Abdulahi- Commandant, Finance and Logistics, Nigerian Navy.

5. Commodore OBF Olasupo- Deputy Director, Transformation- Naval Headquarters.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Easternblood: 11:21am On Jul 08, 2021
sanctity454:

HIGH POWERED DELEGATION FROM NIGERIA NAVY HEADQUARTERS PAYS COURTESY VISIT TO GOVERNOR HOPE UZODIMMA

▪ The Delegation is In Imo State For A Facility Tour Of The Proposed Naval Base At Ossemotor in Oguta LGA

1. Rear Admiral Ezekobi Odogwu - Chief of Policy And Plans, Naval Headquarters. ( Leader of Delegation)

3. Commodore B. E Dauda- Director of Combat Policy And Tactics, Naval Headquarters.

Bro, we don't need this. We have enough bases in AlaIgbo for now , we don't need the military in our land ,what we want are investments

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2021
Easternblood:
Bro, we don't need this. We have enough bases in AlaIgbo for now , we don't need the military in our land ,what we want are investments

Nope you're wrong, it's needed, FDI prospects look out for it, due to investment security
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hello Everyone,
So you know anyone who can Competently market my products in Owerri?
Please, link me up.. Salary is small for now, but prospects are high.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
sanctity454:

that's a bad idea- I mean a naval base at oguta

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
eduj:

that's a bad idea- I mean a naval base at oguta

Why do you say so?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2021
ScotMisile:
Hello Everyone,
So you know anyone who can Competently market my products in Owerri?
Please, link me up.. Salary is small for now, but prospects are high.
what products is that
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Easternblood: 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2021
sanctity454:

Nope you're wrong, it's needed, FDI prospects look out for it, due to investment security
Tbh ,I'm not comfortable with military bases in AlaIgbo especially that of Nigerian military

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
Easternblood:
Tbh ,I'm not comfortable with military bases in AlaIgbo especially that of Nigerian military

Okay, it's a welcome development to oguta LGAs, because it will improve security and build investors confidence.

In between the Nigeria Army have taken over the abandoned rochas hospital at Obinze and are about to operationalize it. The Navy is expected to do the same.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2021
sanctity454:

Why do you say so?

the military have this habit of land snatching and restricting certain developments around there major bases. Their base also becomes a collation point for northern cattle missioneries plus a lot of other reasons
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Jman24(m): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
The rains are so much. Heavy traffic at ikenegbu-aladinma road

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72