Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2390828 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 10:19am On Jul 14, 2021
Imolastborn99:
Wow, this is nice. Why are people not investing heavily in Imo state? We Ndi Imo ,I think we have the highest emigrants out of all the Igbo speaking states. We need to breed a new consciousness amongst ourselves separate from our brothers from other states. We need a new strategy to develop the three cities in Imo to full capacity. I don't like this emptiness I am seeing around Imo state. I know after Anambra we are the next in terms of population, we may be even much more than them. I know we have the highest human resources presently 2021 in Nigeria. We are the most literate state in Nigeria. We need a new consensus amongst ourselves especially our elites. We need to develop Imo state RADICALLY, people from Akokwa, osina, Orlu , the rest can develop a strategy to develop Orlu axis optimally. People from Mbano, Obowo, Okigwe can also develop that Okigwe axis optimally likewise people from Mbaise, Owerri and the rest can add to current ones at the capital. We need a new consciousness amongst ourselves to develop Imo state .bikonu, feel free to CONSTRUCTIVELY criticize or chip in
The problem with Imo people is the "Ala wu otu" issue. If all Igbo state can start investing heavily in their homseland the way Anambra people are doing, the east will be an envy in 20 years time.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 14, 2021
Imolastborn99:
Wow, this is nice. Why are people not investing heavily in Imo state? We Ndi Imo ,I think we have the highest emigrants out of all the Igbo speaking states. We need to breed a new consciousness amongst ourselves separate from our brothers from other states. We need a new strategy to develop the three cities in Imo to full capacity. I don't like this emptiness I am seeing around Imo state. I know after Anambra we are the next in terms of population, we may be even much more than them. I know we have the highest human resources presently 2021 in Nigeria. We are the most literate state in Nigeria. We need a new consensus amongst ourselves especially our elites. We need to develop Imo state RADICALLY, people from Akokwa, osina, Orlu , the rest can develop a strategy to develop Orlu axis optimally. People from Mbano, Obowo, Okigwe can also develop that Okigwe axis optimally likewise people from Mbaise, Owerri and the rest can add to current ones at the capital. We need a new consciousness amongst ourselves to develop Imo state .bikonu, feel free to CONSTRUCTIVELY criticize or chip in

Egbeada road area was some sort of GRA prior 2011, that's the reason for low population density.
As for investment drive, the backbone of imo state economy lies on young multi millionaires not old billionaires, they invested outside the state, surprisedly Anambra billionaires are taking over the economy of imo state presently.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
Afam4eva:

The problem with Imo people is the "Ala wu otu" issue. If all Igbo state can start investing heavily in their homseland the way Anambra people are doing, the east will be an envy in 20 years time.
they prefer investing in Lagos and abuja ..

Foolish people
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

Egbeada road area was some sort of GRA prior 2011, that's the reason for low population density.
As for investment drive, the backbone of imo state economy lies on young multi millionaires not old billionaires, they invested outside the state, surprisedly Anambra billionaires are taking over the economy of imo state presently.
imo state billionaires loves investing outside big ups to people like cubana chief priest and Mike ikoku
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
Most imo billionaires and millionaires will tell u imo
State is not good enough for investment they'll prefer to develop swamps in Lagos than investing and developing their own state. Tommorow they will say imo state is filled with hotels. .. mtcheew.

And also we've never had a governor that has the state at heart , we only have fools that are after their pockets... Greedy fools

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
Afam4eva:

You're wrong. It's about leadership by example which is why Imo saw so much home investment under Okorocha cause he was akways a home investor even before becoming Governor. Uzodinma the present Governor had nothing but his village house in Omuma before becoming Governor which is why he finds it easy sealing Okorocha's investments. To him and others of his kind they have nothing to lose
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
huncho22:
imo state billionaires loves investing outside big ups to people like cubana chief priest and Mike ikoku

Especially Mike Ikoku, manchi single handedly opened up Owerri hospitality industry, recently he added Havana cinema with Boss radio station.
Cubana is basically PR that he did for imo state, if you want committed imo state investors, check Everyday group, Rochas group etc.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamonds: 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
Which investment(s) does Rochas group have in Imo State ?

sanctity454:

Especially Mike Ikoku, manchi single handedly opened up Owerri hospitality industry, recently he added Havana cinema with Boss radio station.
Cubana is basically PR that he did for imo state, if you want committed imo state investors, check Everyday group, Rochas group etc.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2021
RareDiamonds:
Which investment(s) does Rochas group have in Imo State ?

Rochas owns a large scale farm at ohaji, owns a large scale of Owerri real estate market, plus exotic stores and supermarket, hotel. Apart from the fact that he influenced a lot of people to invest in Owerri hospitality industry.
Till date did you know that Rochas is about to open a mall at onitsha road?, at former Rochas foundation, including a television station at reach fm.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

everyday is trying they have 5 supermarkets in Owerri if I'm not mistaken... And I believe they will still build more .
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

Rochas owns a large scale farm at ohaji, owns a large scale of Owerri real estate market, plus exotic stores and supermarket, hotel. Apart from that he influenced a lot of people to invest in Owerri hospitality industry.
Till date did you own that Rochas is about to open a mall at onitsha road?, at former Rochas foundation, including a television station at reach fm.
I don't think he'll do that again
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
huncho22:
I don't think he'll do that again

He will my brother, that his major knock out punch to hope Uzodinma, because hope doesn't own a pin in imo state, his residence in Owerri is oxygen holiday resort.

One thing people don't know, is that most landed property Rochas owns was gotten before he became governor.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
huncho22:
everyday is trying they have 5 supermarkets in Owerri if I'm not mistaken... And I believe they will still build more .

Their 4040 branch is gonna be the bomb, I heard there also acquired land at onitsha road for another supermarket
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

He will my brother, that his major knock out punch to hope Uzodinma, because hope doesn't own a pin in imo state, his residence in Owerri is oxygen holiday resort.

One thing people don't know, is that most landed property Rochas owns was gotten before he became governor.
I doubt that matters in the process of running govt under hope
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/imo-govt-seals-okorochas-college-reclaims-ibc-quarters/amp/?fbclid=IwAR0d40XD5OC5hyzrlDZgjBldHomMuoI0mcxMppJ13njQPGNH49eZsSVPqCk
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2021
asha80:
I doubt that matters in the process of running govt under hope
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/imo-govt-seals-okorochas-college-reclaims-ibc-quarters/amp/?fbclid=IwAR0d40XD5OC5hyzrlDZgjBldHomMuoI0mcxMppJ13njQPGNH49eZsSVPqCk

I never disputed this, Rochas will only loss his college, the rest will be the individual that subscribed to the lands when it was allotted, Rochas sold most of those lands, his loss is quite minimal to be very factual.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

Iove rochas he really opened owerri but my problem with him is the poorly construction of roads ... If imo state owerri can have good roads I don't see any south east or south south that u can compare to Owerri ,. Cos the beautiful houses and hotels alone are added advantage

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

Their 4040 branch is gonna be the bomb, I heard there also acquired land at onitsha road for another supermarket
wow we just need a good governor that can build and create more solid roads to expand the city
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2021
huncho22:
Iove rochas he really opened owerri but my problem with him is the poorly construction of roads ... If imo state owerri can have good roads I don't see any south east or south south that u can compare to Owerri ,. Cos the beautiful houses and hotels alone are added advantage

I share your position totally

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
huncho22:
wow we just need a good governor that can build and create more solid roads to expand the city

From indication hope Uzodinma is trying on roads, but city expansion NO for now
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

he is trying but he needs to do more that mcc road need to be fixed .. even world bank road , then he should get a better company to reconstruct those flyovers .. rehabilitation should be done on those roads with potholes...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2021
huncho22:
he is trying but he needs to do more that mcc road need to be fixed .. even world bank road , then he should get a better company to reconstruct those flyovers .. rehabilitation should be done on those roads with potholes...
MCC road has been re-awarded, construction will start soonest, the former contractor missed it up

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

MCC road has been re-awarded, construction will start soonest, the former contractor missed it up
some road contractors are just useless
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
seankafor:
I don't know but I think ihedioha held series of meeting with diasporans imolites to unite them in investing in the state.. I don't know if hope is doing that?

I still maintain imo can be the las Vegas of Nigeria/Africa if we can take advantage of the hospitality (club's and hotels)..

For what you say in the second paragraph to kick off fully, Owerri needs DIRECT access to the outside world! Sam Mbakwe airport needs to serve a few international routes!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2021
IGBOSON1:

For what you say in the second paragraph to kick off fully, Owerri needs DIRECT access to the outside world! Sam Mbakwe airport needs to serve a few international routes!

Nice deposition, but first let's get international cargo terminal operationalized, attract a first class hotel, renovate the old domestic terminal, beautify the roads and dualize the airport road, complete with palm and ornament trees.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imolastborn99: 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

Hmmm, well I'm not against Anambra investing in Imo, my own is Let Imo indigenes try to invest back home. We have a lot of young billionaires

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imolastborn99: 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
Afam4eva:

hmmm, that is what I am saying. We Ndi Imo we need a new consciousness , a new movement. Everybody must come down from his high horse, Mbaise people,Orlu people, Mbano people oo, Owerri people, Oguta people, Ohaji people, Okigwe people, Ideato people oo . We all must develop new consciousness. Imo state is the richest state in the South East in terms of natural resources and human resources, how on earth is our state not number one in Nigeria embarassed embarassed embarassed. Bikonu umunnem Ndi Imo, we need to do better. Can anyone recommend to me any Imo youths platforms both on nairaland, clubhouse or twitter? We need to buckle up. Udo, chukwu gozie Ndi Imo na Ndi Igbo niile
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imolastborn99: 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
seankafor:
I don't know but I think ihedioha held series of meeting with diasporans imolites to unite them in investing in the state.. I don't know if hope is doing that?

I still maintain imo can be the las Vegas of Nigeria/Africa if we can take advantage of the hospitality (club's and hotels)..

nwanne, las Vegas! That's nice and all but Imo has a very high rate of unemployment. We need factories, tech hubs, industries of all sorts, more ultra modern markets. Bro, we need Jobs and world class infrastructure eg roads, flyovers, parks, amusement parks, financial districts. We already have enough hotels to become las Vegas to me bro. And yes, I know that hotels also provide jobs

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imolastborn99: 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

Are you sure bro? Is he doing anything at that world bank side?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imolastborn99: 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2021
sanctity454:

Nice deposition, but first let's get international cargo terminal operationalized, attract a first class hotel, renovate the old domestic terminal, beautify the roads and dualize the airport road, complete with palm and ornament trees.
Nice idea bro

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
Imolastborn99:
Are you sure bro? Is he doing anything at that world bank side?

The road is under construction

(1) (2) (3) ... (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.