Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East (14371 Views)

Military Declares War On N'delta Militants.....authorityngr / Gov Ganduje Declares War On Kwankwaso / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Forester45(m): 6:50am On Sep 22, 2012

The military authorities yesterday vowed to defeat insurgents operating in the South eastern part of the country, warning that persons plotting aggression against Nigeria will not be spared by the armed forces. Speaking while commissioning the Nigerian Army Dog Centre in the Ipaja area of Lagos, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin, Chief of Defence Staff, warned that the military will never allow insurgents to take over Nigeria, urging them to go through the normal route to assume power.

“Anybody or group has the right to have that aspiration to rule Nigeria by a certain set of rules. But the way to do it is to form a political party, contest an election and then the rest of us, even if we did not vote for you, we will subject ourselves to your rule. But for anybody or group which has not form a political party, has not won an election, to want to impose a type of rule on the country, it will never happen in Nigeria,” he said.

The defence chief said that the Nigerian military must defeat terrorism and aggression against the people of the country, especially as Federal Government has shown commitment towards providing essential resources to the Armed Forces.

He explained that the establishment of the Dog Centre demonstrates determination of the Armed Forces to fully embrace transformation agenda of the Federal Government. Petinrin, who commended the Nigerian Army for establishing the centre, urged terrorists to form political parties, sell their manifestoes and woo Nigerians to vote for them after which they could begin to make Nigerians see the world in their own ways.

The Nigerian Army Military Police unit, Saturday Sun, learnt has trained about 50 dogs to assist the force in the fight against terrorism. The dogs were trained to sniff out and identify any Improvised Explosive Device (IED), narcotics, terrorists and other security risk items. Several blocks of flats for the officers and men as well as the 50 dogs were also commissioned by the defence chief.

Speaking to journalists at the event, Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Onyeabo Ihejirika, said the establishment of the dog centre was to enhance the capability of the service to deal with contemporary challenges facing the country. He maintained that introducing dogs to fight terrorism is informed by the sensory capability of the animal species.

His words: “The primary motive for this project is to be able to detect explosives, in a more civilized manner. It would be most helpful if serious cordon and searches begin rather than do arbitrary arrests and later apologise.” He said that the force is in the first phase of the programme, adding that at the third phase, the Nigerian Army would support the civil society in the use of dogs to check crimes.

He said the dogs would be useful at the entrance of airports, seaports, banks and other public places that is needed to be protected against terrorists and criminals.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/well-defeat-terrorism-cds/
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by mankevo(m): 7:16am On Sep 22, 2012
Forester45[size=12pt:
]The military authorities yesterday vowed to defeat insurgents operating in the South eastern part of the country[/size],,,,,He said the dogs would be useful at the entrance of airports, seaports, banks and other public places that isneeded to be protected against terrorists and criminals.
Are there really insurgents in SE parts? Hnmmm, what a misplaced VOW, I think by now they would be vowing to FLUSH OUT the LEGISLATHIEVES that wants N35M Allowance. S-H-A-M-E cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2012
The military authorities yesterday vowed to defeat [b]insurgents operating in the South eastern part [/b]of the country, warning that personsplotting aggression against Nigeria will not be spared by the armed forces. Speaking while commissioning the Nigerian Army Dog Centre in the Ipaja area of Lagos, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin, Chief of Defence Staff, warned that the military will never allow insurgents to take over Nigeria, urging them to go through the normal route to assume power.

Please go to the south east and fight the insurgent that killed ur parents and now threatening ur children. Stop ranting, dey are waitin.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by philip0906(m): 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
Them no vow like this face boko haram but e don reach south east matter-c ishan wey dem dey use. . .bloody b@stards

6 Likes

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by 2rutalk1: 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2012
Which South East? or are they talking about middle East? Nawaooh, why look for the living in the midst of the dead. Why not focus on the den of terrorism (North) instead of disturbing the peace of my pple.

18 Likes

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Godjone(m): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
Abi bokos don penetrate ibo land? The terorist atak in d north mostly afected d ibos yet this animals are reaching 4 their door-step 4 futher ataks. Wia r d ojukwu old biafrans soldiers? Wat abt bakasi boys? Hav i 4gotten massob? Lets go there! Lets team up wit the army 2 deal wit dis animals
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Bunchersstab(m): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
Abeg make una tell dis aboki 2 fight fuel scarcity first. Na our wahala now
B that

1 Like

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by achi4u(m): 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
2ru-talk:
Which South East? or are they talking about middle East? Nawaooh, why look for the living in the midst of the dead. Why not focus on the den of terrorism (North) instead of disturbing the peace of my pple.
my bother I wonder o!
which south east are they talking about?
must be north east though!
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2012
I didn't see anywhere he mentioned south east, misleading headline

5 Likes

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by klax(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2012
Can you all imagine what these fools army generals are saying "Dog Centre to fight terrorism" is this not madness Dog to fight terrorism so is dog that will fight Boko Haram or it was Dog that fought Bin Laden These fools are more foolish to be honest.

I still dont understand why is that people in position in this country just love wasting money and resources now that a full grown men in uniform could not fight Boko Haram so how is it now that its Dog to do the job? Very funny.

And they are talking of terrorist in South East please poster is their any terrorist in South East because i'm hearing this for the first time

2 Likes

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by JUO(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2012
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by kettykin: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2012
Why not the Military authorities save their Amunitions for the real insurgents rather than facing unarmed MASSOB members or Biafrans save it for real
Insurgents who have stolen your land in Bakssai and who are trying to cause confusion in the North East

1 Like

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by mike404(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
@ poster you funny gan cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by browncool(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2012
Why can't this admonition be rendered in the north instead of facing the South East? I am not an Ibo man, but we have to always put the pegs in the right holes

1 Like

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
Let us go to Bakassi? Mbanu, France and Cameroon go kill us. Let us stop Boko Boyz SPONSORS? Mbanu, they are Highly placed elites with money. Let us ra.pe defenseless women and kill unarmed civilians? Gbam, Nigeria Giant of Africa...

3 Likes

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Jyde89: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
Na 2day? Catch boko haram 1st.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by garripack: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
[size=20pt]RUBBISH WORD nah today we dey hear all dis one did dey not declare war on on BOKOHARAM ow far dat WAR abi dat one don END HA.....HA..... WAT A PITY on NIgeria Military......NA MOUTH DEY DE USE DEY FITE THE WAR[/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by hollypagan: 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
This abokl no get brian ,w e dnt have terrorist in s.east,let him go an find boko boys

1 Like

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by mallorca(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
philip0906: Them no vow like this face boko haram but e don reach south east matter-c ishan wey dem dey use. . .bloody b@stards
No mind them
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by mallorca(m): 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2012
2ru-talk:
na dem go run wen d matter reach,milittay ko! declares war ni!
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by vislabraye(m): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
I didn't see SE mentioned. But these dogs can be used in airports and other strategic places. I think these dog centres should be deployed in the North. Why is Lagos the HQs? I'm yet to understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu: Atiku, Obi Can’t Match My Track Records / Youth Leaders Demand Chukwuemeka Woke's Apology To Governor Fubara / Victor Charles Udofia Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.