Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 (5811 Views)

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects / New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 / National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by inene: 7:51am On Sep 24, 2012
MORE LIKE NATIONAL MEDIA JAMBOREE. I AM SURE THAT LARAN MAKU WOULD HAVE CRITICISED THIS WHEN PROFESSOR JERRY GANA ORGANIZED SAME IN HIS DAYS AS MINISTER. ITS A SHAME THAT AN INTELLIGENT MAN LIKE MAKU SHOULD GO THIS SAME CORRUPTION RIDDEN ROUTE IN A COUNTRY STRUGGLING IN EVERY AREA OF HUMAN ENDEAVOUR.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by banki(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2012
johnlittle: . Did you see any of these projects being executed by the past administrations? To appreciate good thing dey always hard una.

continue to lie to yourselves so all of a sudden all the other administrations did not do anythying in Abuja? infact i saw on one of the pictures the new 10 story Churchgate towers a private project has now become part of what government has achieved,now all of a sudden you believe GEJ admisistration is better than all the other leaders combined i believe that is for people of nigeria to discuss....

Thye should go by road to the next state Kogi just beside abuja inspect the lokoja abuja express... tell us what they are doing about the flood, the road the fact that nigerians were trapped on the road for 2days please spare me this nonsence of this government performance because as far as I am conceredned they are only working on the pages of newspapers.... FCT tour my Foot we in Abuja know that Bala Mohammed has turned our clean Abuja to a big refuse dump, there are beggers on the streets, street hawking is now normal,mass transit is useless, and yet all he can boast about as achivement is turning Maitama to Goodluck Jonathan Boulevald and alllocating turais stolen wealth to patience....
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Donmeca(m): 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
I hope the good governance train or bus goes to Enugu State this week through the Abuja-Lokoja Highway. Pls Maku swim thru lokoja to Enugu and other southern states. . .no flights oh!
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Dpeacemaker101: 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
inene: MORE LIKE NATIONAL MEDIA JAMBOREE. I AM SURE THAT LARAN MAKU WOULD HAVE CRITICISED THIS WHEN PROFESSOR JERRY GANA ORGANIZED SAME IN HIS DAYS AS MINISTER. ITS A SHAME THAT AN INTELLIGENT MAN LIKE MAKU SHOULD GO THIS SAME CORRUPTION RIDDEN ROUTE IN A COUNTRY STRUGGLING IN EVERY AREA OF HUMAN ENDEAVOUR.
if you are really watching the live broadcast of the town hall meeting, you won't be saying what you have just said.

1 Like

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by ubandire(m): 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
banki:

continue to lie to yourselves so all of a sudden all the other administrations did not do anythying in Abuja? infact i saw on one of the pictures the new 10 story Churchgate towers a private project has now become part of what government has achieved,now all of a sudden you believe GEJ admisistration is better than all the other leaders combined i believe that is for people of nigeria to discuss....

Thye should go by road to the next state Kogi just beside abuja inspect the lokoja abuja express... tell us what they are doing about the flood, the road the fact that nigerians were trapped on the road for 2days please spare me this nonsence of this government performance because as far as I am conceredned they are only working on the pages of newspapers.... FCT tour my Foot we in Abuja know that Bala Mohammed has turned our clean Abuja to a big refuse dump, there are beggers on the streets, street hawking is now normal,mass transit is useless, and yet all he can boast about as achivement is turning Maitama to Goodluck Jonathan Boulevald and alllocating turais stolen wealth to patience....

I case u r hard of hearing or u r simply blind to the truth cos of bias,u would have noticed the tour just started with the FCT,and will progress to other states of the federation,according to the hon Min.Labaran Maku,,a man who I've come to have so much respect for,the tour is in partnership with the state govs,so all states will be visited,not leaving any out.So if u ain't in Abuja I advice u wait wherever u are the train will surely get to u,and when it gets to where u are try and follow up as it is non discriminating,u will be welcome with ur questions and suggestions if u really have any.

I must commend the Hon.Minister for initiating such laudable project,in line with the vision of this wonderful administration.Keep it up.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by tundeosun: 12:21am On Feb 25, 2013
kokoA: Ehhmm.. Ehmm.. Not to be seen as a persimist here, as a resident of Abuja I don't really see anything new. All of these projects have been on for nothing less than three years now and I wan't to believe that more monies have been released than necessary yet they are still 'ongoing'. Wouldn't it be more proper if Labaran and the gang had patiently wait till they are finished before they embark on this 'missionary journey'? Why the rush? What if after showing nigerians all of these, works stop tommorow? Are they still going to tell us that the projects are 'ongoing'? Secondly, I will like to totally agree with the poster
who said Abuja is fast becoming a slum. Since elrufai left as minister, all his succesors have just been interested in emlarging their bank accounts leaving abuja to be the shadow of her former self. No amount of propaganda can change this, I will know if the government is working if I can drive at night in the streets of abuja with street lights, if I don't have to leave my refuse outside for two days before waste collectors come for them.. Having said that, I congratulate GEJ for trying to continue with his predecessors' projects.
If I may correct you, the WTC was started officially around December 2011 and the twin towers are already at the top level, from what I can see, your points are quite accurate although the only argument is that there are various projects Nigeria which have been accelerated since the GEJ term officially started.In my opinion I can only hope that the current changes in Abuja are momentary and as soon as all the construction is done,the government will tackle it. In my opinion, Abuja starts deteriorating the further away you get from the city, and I think that is a relatively good idea as it ensures that those who cant be self sustainable in the city don't bother trying to live there at all. Abuja is a perfect example of what geographers will call a typical urban city, Abuja is an inaccurate replica of Rio de Janeiro. The further away you move from the city, the more slums and shanty towns you'll find. This segregation is quite clear with the difference in the environment of the international and local airport. Sorry I've sort've gone off topic.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by tundeosun: 12:35am On Feb 25, 2013
banki:

If you weren't so naive, you'd know that the WTC which is infact about 20+ storey's is jointly funded by the Federal Government and a susidiary of Churchgate. And seeing how you supposedly live in Abuja, I'm sure you would've noticed the increase in the speed of construction of previously abandoned projects, e.g. the National Library which no one even knew existed (it was approved in early 2000s) and Also the Millenium Tower and cultural centre. I'm sure you must have also noticed the fact that the WTC has come very far within the 1st 10 months of its initiation,I pray God will sustain the current growth/expansion of the FCT, in order to shut you pessimists up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects / The Return Of The "Giants": Orji Kalu, Dimeji Bankole And Ikedi Ohakim(pictures) / At This Point Only God Can Save Buhari – Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.