Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Who Will Save Us Now…? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Will Save Us Now…? (1140 Views)

Who Will Save These People??? (Graphic Pics) / / I Never Know That Church Of Satan Is Real Until Last Monday.. May God Save Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Save Us Now…? by 9jafreak: 12:11am On Sep 23, 2012
[1.] The first thing that needs to be said is that FREEDOM itself is an illusion.
For how can freedom be free if it must self-restrict or moderate?
[2.] It is for this reason that the delusions of ATHEISM needs to be juxtaposed with Abrahamic fantasies. For whether we put freedom 'HERE' or 'THERE', the fact of the matter is...we are NOT FREE.
[3.] Liberalism is a form of conservatism in the sense that every rational liberal believes in some type of SOCIETY. Some Community. Some order, some organization, structure, decency, humanity, charity, etc. It is not surprising therefore that Atheism too has become a loosely organized evangelical Community. A ‘religion’ so to speak.
[4.] Let's just say it's 'how we are'... to organize. For the opposite of COMMUNITY is SUICIDE (self-denial, isolation, ascetism, death...!)
[5.] Well, the problem is: because SOCIETY always results in TYRANNY ---precisely why Liberals/Atheists don't want to FORMALLY ORGANIZE & LEAD for they would most likely produce the same result as the Religions: Recall 'Communism'--- 'FREEDOM' & 'SUICIDE' (both of which are hard to distinguish) will always be desirable (both, at their very best, points to UTOPIA).
[6.] In fact, in being true to ourselves we recognize that even G-g-od/Consciousness/Chi/the Cosmos etc is not immune to this TENSION (indeed G-go-d is the Tension)! Hence, even before Christianity dignified and popularized the notion, many ancient cultures already prescribed SUICIDE for the 'Divine'.
For when someone is guilty of so much EVIL (Christianity concedes rather ingeniously by affirming that “G-g-od took all our sins upon himself”), the predominant belief is that he has to die to RESOLVE it!
[7.] Death is the Ultimate revolution against TYRANNY. The Empire in shambles. The castle of otranto, the gold-plated temple, broken down and in ruins.
In Case II: Every 'Honourable Dictator' does NOT wait to be killed...they COMMIT SUICIDE! It does not matter whether they claim to do it for the 'LOVE of their people and their posterity’ or for the 'SHAME of their old moral failings.’ Suicide is the TRANSITION, or rather, the ILLUSION OF TRANSITION.
[8.] Because, as it turns out, DEATH SOLVES NOTHING. You have to LIVE. You have to ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY for the world you create.
Case III: The king cannot abscond, hide or shy away from his problem and still lay claim to sovereignty.
In fact, thanks again to Christianity, we learnt that G-g-od has in fact SURRENDERED SOVEREIGNTY of the earth to the ‘DEVIL’ (who, now that we are aware, is in fact “the god of this world”). The Emperor therefore becomes the ‘Hero’ having found a worthy arch-enemy upon whom all blames can be assigned!
[9.] But while death may IMMORTALIZE the 'Hero' and win him even more lovers and admirers, it still leaves the PROBLEM UNSOLVED!
The BURDEN OF CHANGE still remains whether or not the Emperor commits suicide or lives indefinitely in abstentia.
[10.] Which leaves us with the question: WHAT CAN WE DO? CAN WE FIX THIS? MUST WE FIX THIS? WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
Pray, Play, Wait or Work?
We are all waiting no doubt ---for it is not a choice.
...for precisely what I know not.
**Tomorrow is not too far away…
Who can stop it?

Re: Who Will Save Us Now…? by 9jafreak: 12:30am On Sep 23, 2012
The image is called 'The Widening Gyre' by Emily Tellez and I have attached it because if my own small experience can count I’d say this is arguably the most revealing piece of artwork since antiquity.
For where else will you find Santa Claus, Alfred E. Neumann, Jesus, Mephistopheles, the children of men and all the lost souls sharing and competing for the same gravity?

Perhaps on Nairaland, Facebook, in the news, on the streets…this 21st century you know…

A new consciousness is brewing with all manners of beautifully incoherent interpretations.
But I often wonder: what is the world coming to? Of course I do not have an answer, hence I have provided a brief overview of the human condition as it still applies to us in modern times. Can our past foretell our future? What future? Or are we yet again turning and turning in the widening gyre? What are our chances? What are our choices? Who has freely chosen? Who has done it in haste? Why does it matter?
Re: Who Will Save Us Now…? by Callotti: 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2012
Hmmmm!
Na wah.
Every body wit eim own crase. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Open Heavens Devotional Saturday 2 February 2013 He Knows Everything By Pas / Tithe Theives / Was Fat Jesus Forced To Go An A Diet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.