Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' (1023 Views)

Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja / APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes / S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 23, 2012

If the update on the activities of kidnappers in Abia State is anything to go by, Nigeria may not yet heave a sigh of relief.

Last week, an Abian senior university lecturer said the situation was now worse that anybody that came out or sent his ward on errand after six o'clock in the evening in the state did so at his own peril.

The university don anonymously said the situation had degenerated so much so that not a single government official was bold enough to speak on it.

"The situation is that none of the governors of the South-east is bold to speak on the kidnapping menace because of the fear that doing so may be risking kidnap of his relations.

"No one in Umuahia dares to go out after six o 'clock. If you send your child out to go and buy you fuel or whatever after that time, you are doing so at your own peril," he lamented.

At Achalla, Igwe Ezeoba Alex Nwokedi gave reason for the acts of criminality that Igbo youths have perpetrated which, according to him, had for long now threatened the security of the region especially in Abia State. He however singled out his community, Achalla, as about the only community in the region with relative peace and crime free tendency.

"The people kidnap because they are hungry. We in Awka North especially Achalla are the only communities here that are not into any crime. And it is so because we are born farmers, we realised that ab initio and we are taking farming serious. Everybody therefore is busy with his or her farm work and so they have enough food to eat, they are not hungry and therefore have no time for crime such as kidnapping,' he said.

Asked further on why crime is most visible in Abia and some other parts of the South-east, he attributed it to lack of land to farm like his people do. Moreso, the monarch said those people were not grown in farming but in industries and therefore called for governments of the region to invest in building industries to keep the restive youths busy in gainful employment.

"The Abia people like in some other parts of the region had been living on industries just like in Aba and most of those industries have folded up. Until you get these people fully engaged, this kidnapping problem will continue. Rochas Okorocha is a generous governor but you don't eat generosity. What you should do is use the money you are dashing people to establish industries for people to be gainfully employed so the crime will stop," Nwokedi said.

"When people are busy doing meaningful things that not only put food on their tables but also guarantee their better future, they won't have the mind to think about committing crime whatsoever."

Aside kidnapping, there are many other things that are said not to be working in the region which has made life persistently miserable for many Igbo people.

This reporter took a drive from Upper Waker at Onitsha through Igbariam junction to Awka and people were baffled that President Jonathan visited Anambra State without taking the pain to go through the road to enable him determine what to do with it.

Another prominent South-easterner, who spoke to Sunday Vanguard, said he was not sure the president got proper advice on the condition of the road. He said contractors working on the road were always on site but that there was no much they could do without being paid by the government to the job more effectively.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201209230138.html
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by EkoAtlantic: 10:41am On Sep 23, 2012
Not just government officials, even Nlers undecided
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by cjrane: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ok, only SE has the worst youth unemployment, crime and kidnapping in Nigeria?
In spite of all their problems according to this writer,they are not blowing up mosques and killing people just because they are Hausa living in Igboland!!!
You need to learn a lot from them then.Many regions of Nigeria have less problems according to this writer,yet they are the places with the most violence and people blowing up religious places just for fun.Speaks volumes about their beastly nature.
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by CyberG: 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2012
cjrane: Ok, only SE has the worst youth unemployment, crime and kidnapping in Nigeria?
In spite of all their problems according to this writer,they are not blowing up mosques and killing people just because they are Hausa living in Igboland!!!
You need to learn a lot from them then.Many regions of Nigeria have less problems according to this writer,yet they are the places with the most violence and people blowing up religious places just for fun.Speaks volumes about their beastly nature.

This is about Ibo land, why bring other people into it? I know it is the usual ibo inferiority complex....nothing new there.
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by EkoAtlantic: 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2012
CyberG:

This is about Ibo land, why bring other people into it? I know it is the usual ibo inferiority complex ....nothing new there.

It's more than that. I'll say it's Phobia
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by bashr8: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2012
trash , which south east is he talking about?
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by bashr8: 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2012
CyberG:

This is about Ibo land, why bring other people into it? I know it is the usual ibo inferiority complex....nothing new there.

The study conducted in Oyo and Osun states in liasion with a non-governmental organisation showed that 80 per cent of girls in yorubaland, before attaining age 18, experience intimate violence and abuse while 31 per cent of girls experience intimate violence and abuse before age 13 by yoruba men.

see what you yoruba rats and cockroaches have turned your women too ,bunch of disgusting people

http://www.punchng.com/feature/tackling-Molestation-and-intimate-abuse-in-osun/
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by sheyguy: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2012
^^ Page not found. . .
I clicked your link and got the message above.
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by EkoAtlantic: 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2012
sheyguy: ^^ Page not found. . .

Why waste your time?

CyberG:
This is about Ibo land, why bring other people into it? I know it is the usual ibo inferiority complex ....nothing new there.
Eko Atlantic:

It's more than that . I'll say it's Phobia
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by bashr8: 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2012

you cant find it because nairaland censored rape to molestation

http://www.punchng.com/feature/tackling-rape-and-sexual-abuse-in-osun/

Tackling rape and sexual abuse in Osun

SEPTEMBER 2, 2012 BY TUNDE ODESOLA

The incidence of rape has assumed a frightening proportion in recent times. TUNDE ODESOLA X-rays this sad development in Osun and Oyo states

Rape has assumed a frightening dimension across the country in recent times, questioning the soundness of the human mind and its ability to cope with emerging challenges.

A study conducted by a group of lecturers from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, under the aegis of Women on rape, sexual harassment and sexual exploitation, came up with alarming results.

The study conducted in Oyo and Osun states in liasion with a non-governmental organisation showed that 80 per cent of girls, before attaining age 18, experience sexual violence and abuse while 31 per cent of girls experience sexual violence and abuse before age 13.

There are two major types of rape, date rape and gang rape. Date rape is when a man rapes a woman after having spent the evening socially with her, while gang rape is when several men force a woman to have sex with them.

Addressing a news conference at OAU, Ile-Ife, a few days ago, WARSHE said 80 per cent of 3, 118 students interviewed in a study it conducted had experienced sexual violence and abuse.

The group revealed that it was alarming that rape and other forms of sexual violence against the girls in the study were perpetrated in the homes of the victims.

WARSHE’s principal researchers, Dr. Olutoyin Mejiuni, and Prof. Oluyemisi Obilade, said some men capitalised on the trust reposed in them to rape their victims. Mejiuni said, “About 31 per cent of respondents who had experienced sexual violence and abuse had the experience before age 13, and 80 per cent before age 18.

“The assailants who attacked the respondents were their relatives, a few; teachers and religious leaders; family friends, neighbours and male friends. Respondents suffered shame, fear, aches and pains, cuts and injuries especially to their vaginas, bleeding, loss of virginity, pregnancy and ostracism as a result of sexual violence and abuse.”

She explained that girls from high school and tertiary institutions in Oyo and Osun states were interviewed through questionnaires distributed between January and May, 2012. Mejiuni said that the incidence of sexual abuse was more prevalent in urban areas than rural areas, adding that females’ mode of dressing was not an excuse for rape or sexual violence.

She added that laws against rape and sexual abuse were not deterrent enough.

“The worry that we have is if rape and other forms of sexual abuse have become rampant, and children are being raped, how many virgins will be left to bring pride to their husbands and rejoicing to their parents?” Mejiuni asked.

The lecturer observed that licentiousness was abhorrent among the Yoruba several years ago, stressing that it was wrong of religious adherents to blame rape and sexual abuse on dressing by female victims.

Hearing a 15-year-old girl narrate how she was raped by two riot policemen in Ilesa, last week, Osun State Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Welfare, Mrs. Adetoun Adegboyega, could not hold back tears. When she opened her mouth to speak, words failed her.

She eventually pulled herself together ans said, “This is terrible and despicable. We must collectively fight this rape monster in our society. This cannot continue in Osun, the state of the virtuous.”

Adegboyega added, “What is even more shocking is that the cases involved minors who are sexually assaulted by men old enough to be their grandfathers. Or what would you say of 56-year-old raping a 14-year-old?”

One of the various cases of rape being investigated by the Osun State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare is that of a 16-year-old girl, who was raped by five adults in Gbongan community around 8:15pm, on May 20, 2012. Another is the case of a 29-year-old mathematics and social studies teacher, Seun Oyeleke, who was caught pants down with a seven-year-old female pupil in a school toilet.

A Consultant Psychiatrist, Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso, Dr. Adeoye Oyewole, gave an insight into why there is an increase in the incidence of rape across the country. He said, “The high incidence of rape is a general phenomenon in the country. It is not synonymous with a particular state or a people. This is because all states of the federation operate within the same socio-economic milieu.” According to him, rape cases appear to be on the increase because there has been an increase in its reportage in recent times. He added, “Rape, you will admit, has been with humanity since time immemorial.

“On the other hand, rape could be said to be on the increase because of the debilitating socio-economic factors militating against Nigerians. This is because many people would engage in drug abuse and alcoholism having been thrown out of jobs. Some people would exhibit anti -social behaviour because of failed marriages, loss of self esteem and loss of self confidence.”

On Tuesday, Bauchi State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mohammed Ladan, confirmed the arrest of a policeman who sodomised 10 children, whose ages were between nine and 12 years. Ladan said the suspect was caught in the act and arrested in Kandahar area of the state, adding that the children complained of severe pain in their anuses.

Sometime last month, two armed riot policemen forced a 15-year-old girl in Ayeso Police Barracks, Ilesa, to their room and raped her.

As soon as the foster father of the girl contacted the state command on the matter, the state Commissioner of Police, Mrs. Kalafite Adeyemi, ordered the arrest and detention of the suspects.

It was gathered that the girl was passing by Ayeso Police Station, Ilesa, on a Tuesday afternoon, when she was forced by the armed policemen into their apartment beside the police station.

Police Public Relations Officer, Osun State Command, Mrs. Sade Odoro, said, “They (the policemen) cannot escape because this is a disciplined command. They were arrested immediately and they have been transferred to Osogbo. They will be diligently prosecuted.”

Speaking on condition of anonymity, the victim’s foster father said, “She couldn’t disclose her ordeal to her elder sister, who is my wife; she rushed to her biological parents’ apartment in Isale General Area of Ilesa, kept to herself and was weeping uncontrollably. It was after my wife cajoled her that she opened up.”

An observant mother, Mrs. A. Ajiboye, smelt a rat when she heard of the closeness between her five-year-old daughter and her lesson teacher, Seun Oyeleke.

“My son had told me that the teacher was fond of taking his sister to the toilet. I revealed my suspicion to my brother, who is a policeman and we devised a plan,” she said.

She secretly told her seven-year-old son to rush home and notify her whenever the teacher takes his younger sister to the toilet. Expatiating, the shocked mother said, “At about 11:30am on Saturday, my son rushed in to inform me that the teacher had taken another girl to the toilet. I quickly rushed to the school, went to the toilet and forced the door open. I met him on top of the little child. I was very furious and I began to shout and wail. I called on neighbours to come and see what was happening. He was subsequently taken to Dugbe Police Station in Osogbo.”

The hapless little girl said, “He took me to the bathroom in the building and removed my pant and lay on me.”

Pleading for mercy at the police station, Oyeleke said, “Please, spare me; I didn’t know what came over me. The effect of what I did just dawned on me. I did not rape them. I only had sex with them. It’s the devil’s work.”

The girl was taken to police clinic at Oke-Fia, Osogbo, where a medical officer attended to her. The medical officer, who chose to be anonymous, said the teacher did not penetrate the vagina of the girl, adding that his organ, however, had an impact on her pubic area.

A few weeks ago, an Osogbo magistrate’s court remanded five persons, Nurudeen Jimoh (20), Tunde Akorede (19), Mutiu Yusuf (19), Sikiru Amusan (21), and Wasiu Ayoola (19), in prison custody for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl in Gbongan community. According to the charge sheet, the accused allegedly conspired, assaulted and raped the teenager on May 20, 2012, around 8:15pm in Gbongan, Osun State. Magistrate Adewunmi Makanjuola ordered the accused to be remanded in Ilesa prisons.

Last week, the same Magistrate sentenced a 56-year-old man, Samuel Olatoke, to 14 years imprisonment for raping a 14-year-old girl in Abodua Compound, Osogbo, on June 11, 2012.

In his ruling, Makanjuola said it was evident before the court that the accused committed the offence without the consent of the girl. A female member, National Youth Service Corps, had accused a monarch of raping her in Osogbo, last year. The case, at an Osogbo High Court, has generated reactions. The traditional ruler had persistently maintained that he got the consent of the lady before having sex with her but the lady had insisted that she was raped by the monarch.

On curtailing the incidence of rape, Oyewole said both the family and government have roles to play in the fight against rape.

He said, “The family has a big role to play in stemming the tide of rape. Male family members, even fathers, should show decorum when entering the rooms of their daughters, who have reached purberty stage. The extended family setting could be negatively exploited by distant relatives. So, parents should guard against this by ensuring that their daughters are safe from sexual abuse.”

He also advised females to be careful about their acquaintances and urge family units to do a lot more about children’s dress sense. At the government level, he advocated for more stringent sanctions for culprits.

Read 5,436 times
More Stories in Feature

170 years of the Church in Nigeria — Beyond the present
September 23rd, 2012 / No Comments
Read Full Story

Tricycle operator’s death: Police, relations trade blame
Read Full Story

At the mercy of the elements
Read Full Story

Kareem Lateef Adewale September 2, 2012 at 1:10 am
Great work by this women is highly encouraged. Please continue to expose the perpetrators of this despicable act. We must not conspire to burry this inhuman act for doing so will allow the fire that will consume us all to grow.

Every state in the south west should legislate and make a very strict laws that will be enforced with stiff punishment for offenders

Link

Seun September 2, 2012 at 12:35 pm
SeunSeptember 2, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Indecent dressing and immorality among females are the root cause of raping. Lets there be rules on drsssing to cub illegality. Parent should monitor their children movement. It has happen to many ladies/women but found it dificult to say it out once it was successful.

Link

celtics1 September 2, 2012 at 1:56 am
the precedent to this was laid by the yoruba obas … so why are they complaining now

Link

TIAMIYU ADEOYE September 2, 2012 at 10:33 am
Is it within Yorubas alone that rape is rampant? You better talk sense and shelf sentiment. Mind what you will say don’t black mail our reputable and discipline Obas if you have responsible father{s} at home .
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by bashr8: 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2012

you cant find it because nairaland censored ra -pe to molestation and sexu--al was chaneged too

http://www.punchng.com/feature/tackling-rape-and-sexual-abuse-in-osun/

Tackling rape and sexual abuse in Osun

SEPTEMBER 2, 2012 BY TUNDE ODESOLA

The incidence of rape has assumed a frightening proportion in recent times. TUNDE ODESOLA X-rays this sad development in Osun and Oyo states

Rape has assumed a frightening dimension across the country in recent times, questioning the soundness of the human mind and its ability to cope with emerging challenges.

A study conducted by a group of lecturers from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, under the aegis of Women on rape, sexual harassment and sexual exploitation, came up with alarming results.

The study conducted in Oyo and Osun states in liasion with a non-governmental organisation showed that 80 per cent of girls, before attaining age 18, experience sexual violence and abuse while 31 per cent of girls experience sexual violence and abuse before age 13.

There are two major types of rape, date rape and gang rape. Date rape is when a man rapes a woman after having spent the evening socially with her, while gang rape is when several men force a woman to have sex with them.

Addressing a news conference at OAU, Ile-Ife, a few days ago, WARSHE said 80 per cent of 3, 118 students interviewed in a study it conducted had experienced sexual violence and abuse.

The group revealed that it was alarming that rape and other forms of sexual violence against the girls in the study were perpetrated in the homes of the victims.

WARSHE’s principal researchers, Dr. Olutoyin Mejiuni, and Prof. Oluyemisi Obilade, said some men capitalised on the trust reposed in them to rape their victims. Mejiuni said, “About 31 per cent of respondents who had experienced sexual violence and abuse had the experience before age 13, and 80 per cent before age 18.

“The assailants who attacked the respondents were their relatives, a few; teachers and religious leaders; family friends, neighbours and male friends. Respondents suffered shame, fear, aches and pains, cuts and injuries especially to their vaginas, bleeding, loss of virginity, pregnancy and ostracism as a result of sexual violence and abuse.”

She explained that girls from high school and tertiary institutions in Oyo and Osun states were interviewed through questionnaires distributed between January and May, 2012. Mejiuni said that the incidence of sexual abuse was more prevalent in urban areas than rural areas, adding that females’ mode of dressing was not an excuse for rape or sexual violence.

She added that laws against rape and sexual abuse were not deterrent enough.

“The worry that we have is if rape and other forms of sexual abuse have become rampant, and children are being raped, how many virgins will be left to bring pride to their husbands and rejoicing to their parents?” Mejiuni asked.

The lecturer observed that licentiousness was abhorrent among the Yoruba several years ago, stressing that it was wrong of religious adherents to blame rape and sexual abuse on dressing by female victims.

Hearing a 15-year-old girl narrate how she was raped by two riot policemen in Ilesa, last week, Osun State Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Welfare, Mrs. Adetoun Adegboyega, could not hold back tears. When she opened her mouth to speak, words failed her.

She eventually pulled herself together ans said, “This is terrible and despicable. We must collectively fight this rape monster in our society. This cannot continue in Osun, the state of the virtuous.”

Adegboyega added, “What is even more shocking is that the cases involved minors who are sexually assaulted by men old enough to be their grandfathers. Or what would you say of 56-year-old raping a 14-year-old?”

One of the various cases of rape being investigated by the Osun State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare is that of a 16-year-old girl, who was raped by five adults in Gbongan community around 8:15pm, on May 20, 2012. Another is the case of a 29-year-old mathematics and social studies teacher, Seun Oyeleke, who was caught pants down with a seven-year-old female pupil in a school toilet.

A Consultant Psychiatrist, Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso, Dr. Adeoye Oyewole, gave an insight into why there is an increase in the incidence of rape across the country. He said, “The high incidence of rape is a general phenomenon in the country. It is not synonymous with a particular state or a people. This is because all states of the federation operate within the same socio-economic milieu.” According to him, rape cases appear to be on the increase because there has been an increase in its reportage in recent times. He added, “Rape, you will admit, has been with humanity since time immemorial.

“On the other hand, rape could be said to be on the increase because of the debilitating socio-economic factors militating against Nigerians. This is because many people would engage in drug abuse and alcoholism having been thrown out of jobs. Some people would exhibit anti -social behaviour because of failed marriages, loss of self esteem and loss of self confidence.”

On Tuesday, Bauchi State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mohammed Ladan, confirmed the arrest of a policeman who sodomised 10 children, whose ages were between nine and 12 years. Ladan said the suspect was caught in the act and arrested in Kandahar area of the state, adding that the children complained of severe pain in their anuses.

Sometime last month, two armed riot policemen forced a 15-year-old girl in Ayeso Police Barracks, Ilesa, to their room and raped her.

As soon as the foster father of the girl contacted the state command on the matter, the state Commissioner of Police, Mrs. Kalafite Adeyemi, ordered the arrest and detention of the suspects.

It was gathered that the girl was passing by Ayeso Police Station, Ilesa, on a Tuesday afternoon, when she was forced by the armed policemen into their apartment beside the police station.

Police Public Relations Officer, Osun State Command, Mrs. Sade Odoro, said, “They (the policemen) cannot escape because this is a disciplined command. They were arrested immediately and they have been transferred to Osogbo. They will be diligently prosecuted.”

Speaking on condition of anonymity, the victim’s foster father said, “She couldn’t disclose her ordeal to her elder sister, who is my wife; she rushed to her biological parents’ apartment in Isale General Area of Ilesa, kept to herself and was weeping uncontrollably. It was after my wife cajoled her that she opened up.”

An observant mother, Mrs. A. Ajiboye, smelt a rat when she heard of the closeness between her five-year-old daughter and her lesson teacher, Seun Oyeleke.

“My son had told me that the teacher was fond of taking his sister to the toilet. I revealed my suspicion to my brother, who is a policeman and we devised a plan,” she said.

She secretly told her seven-year-old son to rush home and notify her whenever the teacher takes his younger sister to the toilet. Expatiating, the shocked mother said, “At about 11:30am on Saturday, my son rushed in to inform me that the teacher had taken another girl to the toilet. I quickly rushed to the school, went to the toilet and forced the door open. I met him on top of the little child. I was very furious and I began to shout and wail. I called on neighbours to come and see what was happening. He was subsequently taken to Dugbe Police Station in Osogbo.”

The hapless little girl said, “He took me to the bathroom in the building and removed my pant and lay on me.”

Pleading for mercy at the police station, Oyeleke said, “Please, spare me; I didn’t know what came over me. The effect of what I did just dawned on me. I did not rape them. I only had sex with them. It’s the devil’s work.”

The girl was taken to police clinic at Oke-Fia, Osogbo, where a medical officer attended to her. The medical officer, who chose to be anonymous, said the teacher did not penetrate the vagina of the girl, adding that his organ, however, had an impact on her pubic area.

A few weeks ago, an Osogbo magistrate’s court remanded five persons, Nurudeen Jimoh (20), Tunde Akorede (19), Mutiu Yusuf (19), Sikiru Amusan (21), and Wasiu Ayoola (19), in prison custody for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl in Gbongan community. According to the charge sheet, the accused allegedly conspired, assaulted and raped the teenager on May 20, 2012, around 8:15pm in Gbongan, Osun State. Magistrate Adewunmi Makanjuola ordered the accused to be remanded in Ilesa prisons.

Last week, the same Magistrate sentenced a 56-year-old man, Samuel Olatoke, to 14 years imprisonment for raping a 14-year-old girl in Abodua Compound, Osogbo, on June 11, 2012.

In his ruling, Makanjuola said it was evident before the court that the accused committed the offence without the consent of the girl. A female member, National Youth Service Corps, had accused a monarch of raping her in Osogbo, last year. The case, at an Osogbo High Court, has generated reactions. The traditional ruler had persistently maintained that he got the consent of the lady before having sex with her but the lady had insisted that she was raped by the monarch.

On curtailing the incidence of rape, Oyewole said both the family and government have roles to play in the fight against rape.

He said, “The family has a big role to play in stemming the tide of rape. Male family members, even fathers, should show decorum when entering the rooms of their daughters, who have reached purberty stage. The extended family setting could be negatively exploited by distant relatives. So, parents should guard against this by ensuring that their daughters are safe from sexual abuse.”

He also advised females to be careful about their acquaintances and urge family units to do a lot more about children’s dress sense. At the government level, he advocated for more stringent sanctions for culprits.

Read 5,436 times
More Stories in Feature

170 years of the Church in Nigeria — Beyond the present
Read Full Story

Tricycle operator’s death: Police, relations trade blame
Read Full Story

At the mercy of the elements
Read Full Story

Kareem Lateef Adewale September 2, 2012 at 1:10 am
Great work by this women is highly encouraged. Please continue to expose the perpetrators of this despicable act. We must not conspire to burry this inhuman act for doing so will allow the fire that will consume us all to grow.

Every state in the south west should legislate and make a very strict laws that will be enforced with stiff punishment for offenders

Link

Seun September 2, 2012 at 12:35 pm
SeunSeptember 2, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Indecent dressing and immorality among females are the root cause of raping. Lets there be rules on drsssing to cub illegality. Parent should monitor their children movement. It has happen to many ladies/women but found it dificult to say it out once it was successful.

Link

celtics1 September 2, 2012 at 1:56 am
the precedent to this was laid by the yoruba obas … so why are they complaining now

Link

TIAMIYU ADEOYE September 2, 2012 at 10:33 am
Is it within Yorubas alone that rape is rampant? You better talk sense and shelf sentiment. Mind what you will say don’t black mail our reputable and discipline Obas if you have responsible father{s} at home .
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by bashr8: 9:27pm On Sep 23, 2012
Eko Atlantic:

Why waste your time?

The study conducted in Oyo and Osun states in liasion with a non-governmental organisation showed that 80 per cent of girls in yorubaland, before attaining age 18, experience intimate violence and abuse while 31 per cent of girls experience intimate violence and abuse before age 13 by yoruba men.

you call it waste of time , what else is more importan than finding out why yoruba men sexually abuse their children even before they reach puberty, 80 percent is no joke
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by EkoAtlantic: 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2012
bashr8: The study conducted in Oyo and Osun states in liasion with a non-governmental organisation showed that 80 per cent of girls in yorubaland, before attaining age 18, experience intimate violence and abuse while 31 per cent of girls experience intimate violence and abuse before age 13 by yoruba men.

you call it waste of time , what else is more important than finding out why yoruba men sexually abuse their children even before they reach puberty, 80 percent is no joke

And it worth leaving the topic at hand and bringing up what you should have created A separate thread for?
You've just proved my first post on this topic
Eko Atlantic: Not just government officials, even Nlers undecided
Here is the topic:
(S-east's Many problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well')
Are you not displaying what the topic says your leaders are best at(Pretense)?

Also, I find it shocking seeing you equate anything igbo to opposite of Yoruba. After a guy on this same thread has busted you guys asss
CyberG:
This is about Ibo land, why bring other people into it?
And even posted what he think is common with you guys
CyberG:
I know it is the usual ibo inferiority complex ....nothing new there.

You even repeated that same syndrome the topic says it's in your leaders
bashr8: trash , which south east is he talking about?

Again I say
Eko Atlantic:
It's more than that. I'll say it's Phobia
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by EkoAtlantic: 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2012
Yeye people cheesy
Re: S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well' by bashr8: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
mumu people undecided

(1) (Reply)

Michelle Obama And Ann Romney’s Chic Debate Looks / CHINESE COLONIZATION: Nigerians Beware! By Sonaiya / Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.