Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom (30908 Views)

Man Bags 4 Months Jail Term For Beating Commercial Sex Worker In Abuja / Why I Allowed Dad To Impregnate Me -16-year-old Girl / Why I Allowed Dad To Impregnate Me –16-year-old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by webaplanet(m): 12:35pm On Sep 23, 2012
11-year-old stabs dad to death for beating mom
By Jhunnex Napallacan
Inquirer Visayas

CEBU CITY, Philippines–An 11-year-old girl stabbed her father dead Sunday night after she saw him hitting her mother on the head and cutting her leg with a hacksaw inside their house in Argao town, 58 km south of this city, the authorities said.
The 38-year-old father was found dead on a vacant grassy lot a few minutes after he ran away from his daughter who stabbed him in the chest at about 11 p.m. inside their house in Barangay Canbanua, Argao.

The police took custody of the girl who was later turned over to the Department of Social Welfare and Development, said Insp. Alan Batobalunos, Argao police chief.

Batobalunos said the girl didn’t know that she killed her father. “Napatay nako si Papa ma? Mapriso ko (I killed papa, ma? Would I go to jail?” Batobalunos quoted the girl as asking her mother.

But he added the girl didn’t cry but instead told the police that they would not know what would happen to her and her two sisters if their mother was killed.

Their neighbor Miguel Tapales said they heard the couple arguing past 11 p.m. on Sunday. He said he just ignored it because they thought it was just one of the couple’s usual fights.

After several minutes, Tapales said the 11-year–old girl went to their house and asked for help.

“She asked for help because she feared that her father might come back and kill them. She said she stabbed her father after she saw that her father was cutting her mother’s leg with a hacksaw,” said Tapales in Cebuano.

Her mother was later brought to Isidro Kintanar Memorial Hospital in Argao and was released on Monday morning.

Perlita Buenaflor, another neighbor said they would always hear the couple quarreling. On Friday, the husband destroyed the wall of their house in the middle of the fight.

Buenaflor said the arguments were triggered by jealousy because the victim was allegedly a womanizer.

Batobalunos and the couple’s neighbors said the victim was fired from his job as a driver of a Department of Environment and Natural Resources personnel after he had an affair with a married officemate.

He then worked at the Office of the Mayor in Argao but lost his job again when he had a fling with another officemate.

Aside from the 11-year-old girl, the couple has two other daughters–a 13-year-old Grade 6 pupil and a two-month old infant.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/272162/11-year-old-stabs-dad-to-death-for-beating-mom

For a collection of wacky and odd news in the weird wide world visit http://
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2012
See what you do to your children when you decide to "stay for the sake of the kids". So sad, this girls life ruined because of an abusive man and a weak silly mother, you are meant to protect your kids not the other way round

12 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by obowunmi(m): 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2012
Naa waa ooO
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2012
Good riddance of a violent unrepentant randy goat in the guise of a husband and father.

Who knows? He must have been molesting the young girl as well. Rubbish! undecided

1 Like

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by k2039: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
“She asked for help because she feared that her father might come back and kill them. She said she stabbed her father after she saw that her father was cutting her mother’s leg with a hacksaw,”

[size=14pt]The man was heartless,cutting the leg of the same wife he proffesed to love at a point in his life with a hacksaw,he got what he deserved.
The girl must have witnessed several times of chronic and intense beating of her mother.
I pray she recovers from the psychological scar of killing her own father(the man is still her father anyway).[/size]

7 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by martin92(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
Na wa oh. I swore in my mind dat the kid is nt a nigerian. Nigerian kid get liver 2 stab ?

1 Like

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Nnamdig2(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
Why wud a 11 year old girl av the heart 2 kill dad
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2012
Am i d only 1 who doesn't knw wat to say??jst Speechless...

7 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by wkid(m): 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2012
debrief08: See what you do to your children when you decide to "stay for the sake of the kids". So sad, this girls life ruined because of an abusive man and a weak silly mother, you are meant to protect your kids not the other way round

So it's d mother's fault right? Don't be silly.

7 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by betrani(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2012
No Comment! lipsrsealed
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by kariolality: 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2012
Why did the he want to cut her leg..mtchew
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by ebamma(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
WHAT A WEEK
First it was a pikin marrying his father
Second bokoharam accountant was arrested
Thirdly a pikin kill im papa
Fourthly american ambassador was killed
Fiftly madrid won mancity
Sixtly Patience Jonathan is still hospitalized
And lastly May God help us

16 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by 9jvirgin(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2012
The girl must have been going through a lot before she took that decision, young girls are known to have
Great empathy, she must have lost it for her to do that.
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Shaw007(m): 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2012
WTF!!! Cutting his wife's leg with a hacksaw!!!?? I don die. . .i don't feel sorry for the man at all,if anything i pity the young girl!!

2 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2012
Nnamdi_g: Why wud a 11 year old girl av the heart 2 kill dad
she no get only heart! She get liver and every other organ in her body to kill im papa! The girl harsh o! She kill im papa finish com dey ask wether she go go jail? Of course I wouldn't blame her sha.
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
wkid:

So it's d mother's fault right? Don't be silly.
Yes it is. If you ask her why she is staying and receiving beating she will say " I am staying for my kids" well this is what violence does to kids, The mother appeared so helpless to the girl that she had to take it on her self to defend the mom. Women should stop using thier kids as an excuse, violence in homes does more harm than good.
I may be silly but I am entitled to my silly opinion. Thank You

28 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Ilekokonit: 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
debrief08
See what you do to your children when you decide to "stay for the sake of the kids". So sad, this girls life ruined because of an abusive man and a weak silly mother, you are meant to protect your kids not the other way round

Very insightful statement. Every couple argues (its called getting to know yourselves deeper as different from the superficial and sometimes phony knowledge you had of one another before marriage) BUT the minute you start seeing hatred in the same eyes you once saw love (even in the middle of an argument) then the handwriting is on the wall and only God and a great dose of Love, Forgiveness and Longsuffering can bring back SOME of that love that is gradually turning to hatred.
If all else fails and everytime you argue you REPEATEDLY keep seeing hatred in the same eyes you once saw love then for the sake of your sanity and the safety of all concerned (especially the kids if you have any) then it is time to call time on the marriage.

First its the increase in "Death at the Hands of a Spouse" that we are witnessing in marriages that have become a "War of the Roses" (including in Naija where this was not too common in the past). I hope Death at the hands of a child, trying to protect one parent will not creep into Naija.

But serioulsy, once a marriage is dead then its dead and its better to MOVE ON and let sleeping dogs lie instead of stubbornly holding onto a dead marriage thereby poisoning the upbringing of the kids who are smarter and more sensitive than you think. Afterall its not the kids fault that Daddy and Mummy are no longer seeing eye to eye. ITS JUST A FACT OF LIFE IN 21ST CENTURY MARRIAGES.

5 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
What has this world turned into?...i can now finally say WE NEVER KNOW WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE OF DOING TILL WE ARE FACED IN LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION!!
Joker of dark knight is right
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Shaw007(m): 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2012
debrief08: See what you do to your children when you decide to "stay for the sake of the kids". So sad, this girls life ruined because of an abusive man and a weak silly mother, you are meant to protect your kids not the other way round
what are you saying. . .d mother shud protect d girl while d father was busy dealing her blows,or trying 2 make her legs shorter and sexier with a hacksaw??
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by ireneidiva(f): 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2012
he and any oda guy dat hit women, deserve it

1 Like

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by johnstar(m): 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2012
lip sealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2012
Shaw007: what are you saying. . .d mother shud protect d girl while d father was busy dealing her blows,or trying 2 make her legs shorter and sexier with a hacksaw??
No I am saying the beating didnt start today and the daughter must have been watching helplessly, and if you tell the woman to take the kids and leave even for a temporary seperation she will say she was staying for her kids. I am saying and have been saying that dont use kids as an excuse to stay in violent marriages. You do them more harm than good

6 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by ben4reel: 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2012
What a tragedy! Domestic violence is always very costly....from the psychological damage it cause's, to physical damage and death as in this case.
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by ignis: 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2012
If this type of things keep happening i think husbands will stop beating their wives.
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Shaw007(m): 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2012
debrief08:
No I am saying the beating didnt start today and the daughter must have been watching helplessly, and if you tell the woman to take the kids and leave even for a temporary seperation she will say she was staying for her kids. I am saying and have been saying that dont use kids as an excuse to stay in violent marriages. You do them more harm than good
right. . .didnt get that,she must av been standing on d hopes that it'll pass,well i guess it has eventually. . .in a very brutal way
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by kpozite(m): 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2012
Well warning to all wife/ girlfriend beaters. If you think you are strong go and sign up leather or feather weight boxing and use your talent to make money rather than use it against your loved ones.

5 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by bosunolu(m): 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2012
She must have imbibed violent act by example. Don.t blame her (the child).

1 Like

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by kpozite(m): 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2012
ignis: If this type of things keep happening i think husbands will stop beating their wives.

Re u happy it happened?
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Shaw007(m): 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
I really think its time for women 2 stop getting married to irrespopnsible Ppl,i mean,what is long-term courtship for!!
And i'm sure dis man wulda been showcasing his 'talents' during that time but the woman loves him so much she belives she can change him,or rather. . .MARRIAGE WUD CHANGE Him!!

3 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by SisiKill1: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2012
Errr. . . Excuse me but last I checked,

It is better to be a Father Killer than to be Child from a Divorce home

It is better to be a Dead Mrs than a living Ex-Mrs.

It is better to raise kids in an intact battlefield home (pun intended) than a peaceful broken home.

It is better to have a murdered father/husband than a divorced father/husband.

. . . .Soooooo why is this news??!

On a slightly different note, some months ago, there was a thread about marrying a girl from divorced home and the general consensus was that most men won't. Apparently, her parents being divorced shows she won't take marriage seriously.

To those people, I ask. . .How do you feel about marrying a Father Killer? She must be hot cake for y'all right now, no? Sure, sure, she killed her daddy but hey. . at least she ain't from a divorced home, so off to the alter you go!! May you live in piece (Again pun intended)!!! Mazel Tov!

12 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by packman: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2012
[size=15pt]GUD GAL DATS GUD FOR THE STUPID MAN.......WANT TO USE IS WIFE AND SHOW STRENGTH.......I ONLY PITY THE EMOTIONAL AND MIND ASPECT OF THE GAL IN THE FUTURE SHE WUD REALLY BE INTO SHAMBLES.......... [/size]sad sad sad
Re: 11-year-old Stabs Dad To Death For Beating Mom by Alaafialoro(m): 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
What a world we live in! The poor girl will now have to suffer for her womaninizing and reckless father‘s offence. Just like someone rightly posted,the woman is to be blamed for staying in a marriage that was obviously going to fail!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jilted Housewife Slashes Pregnant Woman’s Face With Razor Blade (pic) / Lady Pours Hot Water On Her Neighbour, Almost Blinded Her (Photos) / Alfa Kills Friend To Avoid Paying N32, 000 Debt (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.