Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment (1209 Views)

Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts / Server Installation, Network Deployment , Virtualization , And Many More / Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment by yemibee(m): 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2008
Hi there guys,

Is there anyhone out there with some knowledge of advanced networking, i really am in a fix and i need to submit a networking proposal ASAP. I need a kind of example which i cud use to understand what exctly is required of me.

Thanks alot
Re: Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment by paribus(m): 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2008
Is this an academic or business proposal?

Give more details on the requirements and i might be able to help depending on the time frame. Bear in mind that the key to a successful networking proposal lies in killer visio diagrams of your design together with a critical evaluation of your chosen topology, equipment etc. And then again, a site survey is quite important too. Regards
Re: Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment by yemibee(m): 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2008
paribus,

Thanks man. Its actually a business plan. Ive been hunting for a tool that i cud use to draw my network topology, aint gotten any useful one so far. Secondly, the organisation has a Main Branch with about 50 users, Routing and Remote Access(VPN), Exchange server, AD and DNS wud be implemented. Next there are two branch offices that wud be connected via the VPN Link. Finally, there are two Housing estates that woud also be connected to the Main Office.

Hope this information is useful.
Thanks alot.
Re: Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment by paribus(m): 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2008
The information is still scanty but i can manage to knock off some high level visio diagrams for you. This would be mostly be building to building topology and depiction of some use-case scenarios. Please note that i indicate they would be mostly high level due to the info available. I'll post this later tonite or by tommorrow.

To go further, you'll need to provide number of floors in each building, users distribution per floor level, organisation departments and  approximate sizes of the buildings involved. With sizes i mean length and breadth measurements, and possibly also distance between floors. And any more indepth info like information access patterns in the organisation, who needs access to what, which department or location needs to have access to what sort of information (if such information boundaries do exist in the organisation),  Also the company's budgeting estimates might be helpful on recommending network equipment or solutions.  Please bear in mind that i'm not looking at being part of your project or expecting anything from this. Why am i doing this, you might ask. Simple. I crunch visios for breakfast  wink.

Regards
Re: Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment by paribus(m): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2008
1st visio posted. Building Interconnectivity Layout. I'll expand this into more level details if i have the info requested earlier in my last post. I had to convert this to pdf as the .vsd file size exceed the file upload limit. I'll email the visio file to you if you provide your email. Regards

Re: Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment by yemibee(m): 11:16am On Jan 21, 2008
Once again I must give a very big thank you for what uve done so far.

As regards the info u asked for, The LAN at the Head Office is already up and going, its a single story building and configured with 4 Access points all connected to the radio. There's a Server that would is currently taking care of DNS and AD, its also running SAP for about 5 clients that cunnect to it on a daily basis and an extra 10 as soon as the VPN is up and running so i would be looking at data replication across the WAN. Finally, they are thinking of implementing IP Cameras for conference calls and video calls.

Fianlly as regards budgeting plans, the company is New and thus without sufficient funds, so they are thinking of something alot cheaper than CISCO routers, maybe Windows Server 2003 RRAS would do for now.

Thanks alot for the diagram, there aare very few of your kind around these days that are ready to let go for nothing, I think is highly commendable. Thanks Once again.

Cheers
Re: Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment by yemibee(m): 11:19am On Jan 21, 2008
I forgot to add my e-mail addy, yemibee@yahoo.com
Re: Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment by paribus(m): 8:46am On Jan 23, 2008
Sorry. Been very busy preparing for exams. Would send you the .vsd file now and the updated ones shortly. Hopefully before friday. Regards
Re: Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment by yemibee(m): 11:24am On Jan 23, 2008
Thanks, Wish u the best in ur exams.

chau!!
Re: Network Infrastructure Design And Deployment by nateevs(m): 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2008
hello Paribus,

I am based in the uk as well. I was wondering if we can maybe chat on messenger and if all goes well we can meet and exchange ideas.

What exams are you preparing for? I'm preparing for my BSCI - CCNP . . . looking for someone I can exchange ideas with.

Hope to hear from you.

(1) (Reply)

Help / Is There Another Key That Can Function As The Enter Key? / Pls Where Can I Download Latest Movies Of High Memory On My Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.