Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast (31175 Views)

Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / I Prophesy That Nigeria Flag Will Be Flown At Half Mast / Why Can't Pastor E.adeboye, Chris Oyakhilome, T.b Joshua Pray And Heal Yaradua. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by wesley80(m): 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2012
Watched the evening service and one of the "wise men" delivered a message from Prophet TB Joshua towards the end of the service asking the congregation to pray for Nigeria, and pray against anything that would cause her flag to be flown half mast adding that if it was God's will, then let it be done. Not sure he mentioned when it might happen but it sounded imminent to me.

Of course we've been here before; The Prophet says what he's seen and a legion of atheists, ignoramuses, demons and unadulterated morons queue up to make disparaging comments about his person and regale us with empty and foolish comments about how "religious folks" are the problem with Africa and how their empty mundane lives is the panacea to the problems of the world - Save it! All he's asked for is prayer for the nation which BTW is a debt we owe our nation and her leaders - nothing more.
This country has been through a lot lately and we do not need another national calamity of whatever scale.

6 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Tenderly1(f): 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
Not again
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 24, 2012
here go this charlatan again grin

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by olu4life(m): 12:13am On Sep 24, 2012
dis man don come again o. Abeg link before i accept d news o.
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by sapien(m): 12:56am On Sep 24, 2012
Religion,the opium of the masses.SMH!TBJ knows that Nigerians are gullible and would swallow every hook,line and sinker.A prophet of doom at his best!
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by wesley80(m): 1:53am On Sep 24, 2012
olu4life: dis man don come again o. Abeg link before i accept d news o.
I watched his live service on TV, if dat one no reach you, just waka pass jeje.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by amor4ce(m): 2:19am On Sep 24, 2012
abi na the person wey dey gamani hospital?

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by kariolality: 2:48am On Sep 24, 2012
Maybe patience Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Kirinwa: 4:18am On Sep 24, 2012
kariolality: Maybe patience Jonathan

The first lady is dead.Confirmed. Patient Jonathan is dead,I repeat the first lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is dead.Over.

5 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 24, 2012
Kirinwa:

The first lady is dead.Confirmed. Patient Jonathan is dead,I repeat the first lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is dead.Over.
if that woman dies then something must be wrong somewhere. Abacha died on seat, then stella, later yar'addua, now. ?.??. I pray she gets well soon
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Kenyanstar: 7:45am On Sep 24, 2012
this tb joshua guy is a pain in the neck. it is absurd that this purported "man of god" only finds comfort in bad news. he is always issues controversial statements and never makes an effort to prevent or stop this calamities he see's. what an un-godly way to go on about his prophecies. it defeats common sense that he always has to be the one who ends up bragging that he knew that someone was going to die. this is pure mental lunacy and acute psyicologic disorder. it is a medical condition that such patients find comfort in other peoples moment of weaknes to get an advantage over their emotions. he must be suffering from anti social personality disorder.

4 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Dhelake: 8:11am On Sep 24, 2012
here he comes again
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Pukkah: 8:43am On Sep 24, 2012
It is very easy to use religion to manipulate people. The statement credited to him (if at all he said it) is ambiguous and could have been made by any informed analyst or a medical doctor.

If the flag flies at half mast, he would rush to claim divine inspiration and many more gullible and fear-stricken people would rush to venerate him.

If the flag does not fly at half mast, he would declare that he interceded and still, many more gullible and fickle-minded masses would proclaim him as a powerful man of God.

So he wins whatever the outcome is. Head, he wins; tail, he does not lose. What a wonderful business/venture to be! He can never lose his capital - financial or brand equity.

Does the country have anything to benefit from this nebulous statement? No.

In conclusion, this statement of doom is needless and leaves enough room for him to wriggle out regardless of whatever happens.

21 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by RickyRoss1(m): 9:42am On Sep 24, 2012
Please do not think every Nigerian is illiterate or gullible. Many Nigerians are wiser than you can imagine.
I cannot be deceived by any man of God or man of satan. I am old enough to know the difference between black and white.
I have been following TB Joshua since for some time now and my aim is to find anything incriminating to speak against him. I cannot talk rubbish against a man of God without evidence. If you say TB Joshua is bad or evil pls state your reasons with facts and evidence.

Before now i have heard that before you meet TB Joshua you will pay thousands of dollars in bribe, I have heard many fake rumors that are not true. Recently I have sent sick people with tumor and cancer to him, some of them are whites, some are Nigerians and Ghanaian friends, they got healed without spending 1$. Before now there are many so called men of God scattered all over Nigeria, if you are sick and go to them, they will tell you you have not been paying your tithes that's why God has visited you with cancer or calamity. I dont believe in hear say, i have witnessed these things in person.

I can comfortably say TB Joshua is the best prophet in Nigeria by far. Because of his good works which i have seen in person and not just on Emmanuel TV, since 1 year now I have been sending monthly contributions to Emmanuel TB because I know my funds will be used judiciously to help poor needy people around the world. And not to buy 4 private jets or build EXPENSIVE universities with church money. I love this man die. it is through him that I have learn to give more unto others. Before now I used to give out only used clothes or electronics that I don't use again. But these days I give things that I need, not rejected things only. I learn these from TB Joshua. He teaches love. Many other churches teaches about tithing only, bc they are always looking for more funds to buy more private jets and build more business empires, so their main teaching is TITHING TITHING TITHING and not about SALVATION.

I am not a member of TB Joshua church, I worship in small church and each country i go to i find myself a good small church and worship there. Before I was worshiping in one of the big churches, there was a time i was going through things and I really needed to speak with my pastor, but sadly my pastor does not attend to people like me, he is mostly after the richest men in Nigeria, you need serious connections to see him. Anyway i quit the church and got myself a smaller church. Where I am today i am very happy and comfortably, my pastor is now my best friend and he visits my house at times, he calls my phone number sometimes, this is what i was looking for in a church, i wanted a church where i can always have access with my MAIN pastor, where my pastor will be my best friend and closest confidant.

I wish other men of God in Nigeria will wake up and behave like TB Joshua, Nigeria will be better off.
I have said many good things about TB Joshua. The only sad and negative thing I have about his church is the WORKERS, or are they called USHERS. I was at Synagogue last 2 weeks Sunday, the same day that Ghana goalkeeper came with his wife. I was at synagogue with some elderly people for something, and the way these ushers were hitting people and trash talking people is quite alarming. I am supposed to make a post about my findings but I have been busy, in the next few days I will say it all out bc i want them to change. They must understand that not everyone at synagogue has disease, people of different personalities visit there for so many different reasons. If we dont make report about these guys they cannot change. My anger is the old men and women they were beating like slaves, they manner they talk to people. There was this old Yoruba woman they were beating so hard it got to a point I personally went to tell them that am gonna go to the internet and make report about my findings and they told me i can even go to hell they dont care? I want to know how can i write a report that TB JOSHUA himself can read? Bc i don't think he has time for the internet?. and I was told these ushers are paid monthly, that everyone at the synagogue is a staff and they are all paid? So why are these people paid to beat innocent people? Am i the only one that has noticed this or are there other people here who have noticed the brutality and arrogance of these synagogue workers?

30 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 24, 2012
^^U are right!! I doubt if it were the ushers though, d only ppl that would act that way are the so called disciples. They sometimes do the work of ushers though. They live in church and they hv this sense of pride, I honestly don't know why. The truth is they act so innocent in front of d pastor and most of them are pretty young . Disciples are d ones with the mic, d ones that arrange ppl for healing, appointment to see d Pastor, visitors, e.t.c

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Kenyanstar: 10:46am On Sep 24, 2012
this is just absurd. thats what i call hero worshiping at its worst....the extent at which nigerians have reached is a quagmiar of no return. religion should be fully in spirituality but not the physical aspect. when this condescending acts are tolarated to the extent of throwing every acts of decency through the window, its paints a tragic view of the nigerians value to true christianity....

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by wesley80(m): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

The only sad and negative thing I have about his church is the WORKERS, or are they called USHERS. I was at Synagogue last 2 weeks Sunday, the same day that Ghana goalkeeper came with his wife. I was at synagogue with some elderly people for something, and the way these ushers were hitting people and trash talking people is quite alarming. I am supposed to make a post about my findings but I have been busy, in the next few days I will say it all out bc i want them to change. They must understand that not everyone at synagogue has disease, people of different personalities visit there for so many different reasons. If we dont make report about these guys they cannot change. My anger is the old men and women they were beating like slaves, they manner they talk to people. There was this old Yoruba woman they were beating so hard it got to a point I personally went to tell them that am gonna go to the internet and make report about my findings and they told me i can even go to hell they dont care? I want to know how can i write a report that TB JOSHUA himself can read? Bc i don't think he has time for the internet?. and I was told these ushers are paid monthly, that everyone at the synagogue is a staff and they are all paid? So why are these people paid to beat innocent people? Am i the only one that has noticed this or are there other people here who have noticed the brutality and arrogance of these synagogue workers?
Now thats sad. Not sure how you can reach him in person but I believe he visits the Net pretty regularly, whether or not his visits are enough to see your NL post is another matter entirely. Maybe you should try making repeated posts on their FB homepage but the downside of doing that is that it might look like a smear campaign. I sincerely hope word gets to him soonest in everyone's interest, crowds and obstinate people can be controlled with reasonable levels of dignity.
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2012
wesley80:
Now thats sad. Not sure how you can reach him in person but I believe he visits the Net pretty regularly, whether or not his visits are enough to see your NL post is another matter entirely. Maybe you should try making repeated posts on their FB homepage but the downside of doing that is that it might look like a smear campaign. I sincerely hope word gets to him soonest in everyone's interest, crowds and obstinate people can be controlled with reasonable levels of dignity.

NO!! HE doesn't @ all...Are u kidding me?? He does not even hv time 4 himself. He doesn't visit the net, In fact I'm sure he does not hv his personal e-mail address talk less of visiting d net. D dude doesn't even own personal bank account. The FB page is handled by emmanueltv and even if u get to see him physically to lay ur complain, he can only scold and preach to them. Those disciples are something else. (They are like church workers, do not want my use of disciple to confuse you) I can't talk bad about them though, a lot of ppl hv acted irrationally and that's why they've become so mean. PPl try to do crazy stuff to see d Pastor..........

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by wesley80(m): 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
*Shollypopz:

NO!! HE doesn't @ all...Are u kidding me?? He does not even hv time 4 himself. He doesn't visit the net, In fact I'm sure he does not hv his personal e-mail address talk less of visiting d net. D dude doesn't even own personal bank account. The FB page is handled by emmanueltv and even if u get to see him physically to lay ur complain, he can only scold and preach to them. Those disciples are something else. (They are like church workers, do not want my use of disciple to confuse you) I can't talk bad about them though, a lot of ppl hv acted irrationally and that's why they've become so mean. PPl try to do crazy stuff to see d Pastor..........
I've heard him make reference to the net but its possible he does'nt visit like I assumed. All the same I believe crowds and individuals can be controlled with reasonable levels of dignity, the account above is sickening.
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
wesley80:
I've heard him make reference to the net but its possible he does'nt visit like I assumed. All the same I believe crowds and individuals can be controlled with reasonable levels of dignity, the account above is sickening.
He only gets his information from emmanueltv officials feedback, newspaper(SCOAN) and he watches soccer @ times. I completely agree with u about d crowd controlling.
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Freiburger(m): 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
wesley80: Watched the evening service and one of the "wise men" delivered a message from Prophet TB Joshua towards the end of the service asking the congregation to pray for Nigeria, and pray against anything that would cause her flag to be flown half mast adding that if it was God's will, then let it be done. Not sure he mentioned when it might happen but it sounded imminent to me.

Of course we've been here before; The Prophet says what he's seen and a legion of atheists, ignoramuses, demons and unadulterated morons queue up to make disparaging comments about his person and regale us with empty and foolish comments about how "religious folks" are the problem with Africa and how their empty mundane lives is the panacea to the problems of the world - Save it! All he's asked for is prayer for the nation which BTW is a debt we owe our nation and her leaders - nothing more.
This country has been through a lot lately and we do not need another national calamity of whatever scale.
Yawwwwnnnnnnn.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Whymee: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
wesley80: .... adding that if it was God's will, then let it be done....

The bold simply means INSHA ALLAH.

with this words, WHY BOTHER and create fear in mind of the populace.

The words also put such prophecy in 50:50 chance

Muslim don't believe in all this prophecy.

Other non Muslim should copy that.

Be wise.
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
wesley80: en here before; The Prophet says what he's seen and a legion of atheists, ignoramuses, demons and unadulterated morons queue up to make disparaging comments about his person and regale us with empty and foolish comments about how "religious folks" are the problem with Africa and how their empty mundane lives is the panacea to the problems of the world - Save it!

Very Christ like of you

Matt. 12:34
"You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by pafestula(m): 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kirinwa:

confirm message gathered sir! Over? Alpha delta remeo over? LWKMD u too much Bros.. I love some fellas on NL naturally, u re among from today!
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by eduson55(m): 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
half mast,**xplain please.
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Sassythang(f): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
sapien: Religion,the opium of the masses.SMH!TBJ knows that Nigerians are gullible and would swallow every hook,line and sinker.A prophet of doom at his best!
seriously, i pity you.
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by SlyIg(f): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kirinwa:

Your mother is dead. Confirmed.
The mother of the above poster Kerinwa is dead.
Since you are praying for someone's death,may death be associated wit you idi0t!

Pls God,take death away from our first lady pls. May she recover by your grace, Amen!

4 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Sassythang(f): 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2012
pafestula:
confirm message gathered sir! Over? Alpha delta remeo over? LWKMD u too much Bros.. I love some fellas on NL naturally, u re among from today!
LMFAO
{i think my ribs are cracking}
Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2012
SlyIg:
Your mother is dead. Confirmed.
The mother of the above poster Kerinwa is dead.
Since you are praying for someone's death,may death be associated wit you idi0t!

Pls God,take death away from our first lady pls. May she recover by your grace, Amen!
Her mother may be dead, but with a heart like yours, and a mind this dumb, you and your generation will remain beggars......

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Amya(f): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
It beats me why some people enjoy being the prophet of doom.

Bad things happen all the time. He just wants to take credit for any bad thing that happens in Nigeria. "I said it!" Is just what he wants to say at the end. Drawing more gullible people to his fold.

If it is true, he should have been more specific!

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by Royce29: 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kenyanstar: this tb joshua guy is a pain in the neck. it is absurd that this purported "man of god" only finds comfort in bad news. he is always issues controversial statements and never makes an effort to prevent or stop this calamities he see's. what an un-godly way to go on about his prophecies. it defeats common sense that he always has to be the one who ends up bragging that he knew that someone was going to die. this is pure mental lunacy and acute psyicologic disorder. it is a medical condition that such patients find comfort in other peoples moment of weaknes to get an advantage over their emotions. he must be suffering from anti social personality disorder.
No need to hurl insults at the man I'm not a fan of his as well but you can either accept his message or reject it period. Only God knows those who are for him, so leave it to him to deal with the matter as it pleases him. I'm always praying for Naija and so are millions of other people, so his call doesn't really change nothing.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.