Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders (4362 Views)

Ndigbo Must Unite To Build New Nigeria – Ogbonnaya Onu / Why Ndigbo Must Have A Re-think / Jonathan Meets Igbo Leaders & Elders In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
I will make this post very simple and straight to the point. I am more than disappointed by the inept leadership which continues to emanate from the South East. The leaders, are nothing but a bunch of narrow minded rougues who thrive on keeping their people down with the promise of a biafra in the future.

This Igbo leaders have no true political skills or foresight. ka ma foro gun, the only Igbo people that can lead our people out of the mess are those who were born in the North or West, or those who have lived in these places for at least a decade.

If you don't believe me, let me point out that the most revered Igbo leader, Ikemba himself, was a Northerner at heart. Most will agree that Okorocha is turning out to be the best governor to ever rule in ala Igbo. Why, well, Okorocha spent most of his adult lie outside of Igbo land in Jos.

All is not lost, successful Igbo people whose foundation is in the North and elsewhere are beginning to move back to the East and Insha Allah, they'll take control and drive the Okija worshiping goons out of the region.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by EkoAtlantic: 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
ndu_chucks: I will make this post very simple and straight to the point. I am more than disappointed by the inept leadership which continues to emanate from the South East. The leaders, are nothing but a bunch of narrow minded rougues who thrive on keeping their people down with the promise of a biafra in the future.
Gbam
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ndu_chucks,
Your post does not make sense. If North raise great leaders as your post seems to suggest, why is the region lagging behind others today? There are capable hands born and bred in each region. Stop this nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
bayooooooo: Ndu_chucks,
Your post does not make sense. If North raise great leaders as your post seems to suggest, why is the region lagging behind others today? There are capable hands born and bred in each region. Stop this nonsense.

olodo, I am talking about Igbo people born and bred in the North. Stop trying to change my topic. Go and open your own thread if you want to examine issues affecting the Northern region.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Crayola1: 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
If that's the case Nigeria must look everywhere but Nigeria for sensible leadership lipsrsealed grin

50 52 years of failure cool
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by alex14(m): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
I'll advise sensible Igbos to ignore this thread and let it die a well deserved natural death cool. There is no need in paying mind to mallam ndu chuks whose region and people of the north are eternally confined to walls of failure.

BTW, I look forward to the moderators that will soon put this crap in the front page, since it contains Igbo in it, for it seems without Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu, this site will be as worthless as the dungeon called nigeria cool.

IN ORDER TO GAIN "15min" NOTOREITY ON NAIRALAND, DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWINGS:

1. Start an Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu thread.
2. Post lies about Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu in every Igbo thread.

Do any of the above, and watch yourself become famous courtesy of Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu.

"AKA IKENGA; THE MAGIC OF BEING IGBO/BIAFRAN"

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
alex_101: I'll advise sensible Igbos to ignore this thread and let it die a well deserved natural death cool. There is no need in paying mind to mallam ndu chuks whose region and people of the north are eternally confined to walls of failure.

BTW, I look forward to the moderators that will soon put this crap in the front page, since it contains Igbo in it, for it seems without Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu, this site will be as worthless as the dungeon called nigeria cool.

IN ORDER TO GAIN "15min" NOTOREITY ON NAIRALAND, DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWINGS:

1. Start an Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu thread.
2. Post lies about Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu in every Igbo thread.

Do any of the above, and watch yourself become famous courtesy of Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu.

You display the kind of attitude which your leaders use to keep Ndigbo backwards. Instead of discussing important issues ehich affect your lot, you'd rather sweep the elephant in the room under the carpet. Thankfully, real Igbos who have not yet been brainwashed are headed back East to take control of the place for good.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ndu Chuks (hausa man)

Your opinion is premised on the assumption that the north confers some kind of superior intelligence or something to that effect on Igbos living in the North
If that is true, how come only Igbos living in the North, none of whom has lived there for more than 100 years, acquire such a trait?
How did this wonderful, newly-discovered trait elude the natives of the North who have lived there since eon, to the extent that they remain the most backward, decrepit, impoverished, diseased and underdeveloped humans on earth?

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by AndreUweh(m): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
@Topic, it doesn't matter if they are raised in AlaIgbo or not, but the best candidates is the in thing. Probably the Poster is making a reference to Israel that produced leaders who were all born outside Palestine that destroyed all the Islamic nations put together in the middle east in '67.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by PointB: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
So how do we approach this advise by my aboki?

Should we start by reminding him that if indeed the North breed good leaders as he imply, Nigeria will not have 10 million almajiri peddling bombs at N7,000 per explosion? Should will remind Ndu_chucks, that eradicating polio is not rocket science, as the wise leaders of the North make it appears? So the Igbo's are not politically savvy? Does that explain why the Northern leaders are angling to lead Nigeria in 2015, meanwhile, they are not paying strict attention to the monsters growing around them, readying to consume them should they fail in the simple task?

Igbo leader are promising Igbo Biafra, pray what are Northern leaders promising their followers? 72 virgins? Grazing reserved? Niger Delta oil money?

Guy, we can go on and on, but between the politically unsavvy Igbo leadership who boast arguably the most educated, many brilliant minds in various fields of endeavour who are most enterprising population in Nigeria, and the politically savvy Northern leadership, whose leadership industries churns out millions almajiris and bomb clutching 'Isha allah fatalists' and terrorists, I would enthuse - give me the former!

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 5:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
PointB:

So how do we approach this advise by my aboki?

Igbo leader are promising Igbo Biafra, pray what are Northern leaders promising their followers? 72 virgins? Grazing reserved? Niger Delta oil money?

The topic is about where the next crop of competent Igbo leaders should be pooled from. The region in focus is the SE and if you want to do a comparative analysis or discuss another region, feel free to open a thread. If you are too intellectually inferior to discuss a topic because it is uncomfortable for you to discuss, feel free to vamoose.

Your intellectual superiors such as sheyguy, Ogagu98 and Onlytruth will soon show up with objective discussion of the topic.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
May be the SEners who have lived a substantial part of their lives up north tend to appreciate that spirit of sacrifice that is found in the average northerners. The Northern leaders have looted the region no doubt but there are lessons to be learnt from their followers - contentment and sacrifice comes to mind here .
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy: May be the SEners who have lived a substantial part of their lives up north tend to appreciate that spirit of sacrifice that is found in the average northerners. The Northern leaders have looted the region no doubt but there are lessons to be learnt from their followers - contentment and sacrifice comes to mind here.

This is the kind of analysis and discussion I was expecting. Thanks. Hopefully more of this will follow.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The topic is about where the next crop of competent Igbo leaders should be pooled from. The region in focus is the SE and if you want to do a comparative analysis or discuss another region, feel free to open a thread. If you are too intellectually inferior to discuss a topic because it is uncomfortable for you to discuss, feel free to vamoose.

Give me the names of 10 Igbo leaders based in the North who have contributed in lifting Igboland politically (the main thrust of your post), and I will supply 100 of the same Igbos resident in Igboland

You cited Ojukwu as being born in the North, hence he was a great Igbo man. But was he raised in the North? Where did he live when he became an Igbo leader or was he born an Igbo leader from birth?

Sorry, your post is intellectually hollow, typical of hausa/fulani emptiness. Try another conjecture.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
@Germannig: I've told you that I prefer to simplify things. Why don't you start from the governors of the SE in the past 10 years. Please rate them and my point will be clear - I expect that you know who those governores are (were).
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by free2ryhme: 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
ndu_chucks: I will make this post very simple and straight to the point. I am more than disappointed by the inept leadership which continues to emanate from the South East. The leaders, are nothing but a bunch of narrow minded rougues who thrive on keeping their people down with the promise of a biafra in the future.

This Igbo leaders have no true political skills or foresight. ka ma foro gun, the only Igbo people that can lead our people out of the mess are those who were born in the North or West, or those who have lived in these places for at least a decade.

If you don't believe me, let me point out that the most revered Igbo leader, Ikemba himself, was a Northerner at heart. Most will agree that Okorocha is turning out to be the best governor to ever rule in ala Igbo. Why, well, Okorocha spent most of his adult lie outside of Igbo land in Jos.

All is not lost, successful Igbo people whose foundation is in the North and elsewhere are beginning to move back to the East and Insha Allah, they'll take control and drive the Okija worshiping goons out of the region.

Little wonder the ibo people regard dem selves as autonomous communities
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by PointB: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Your intellectual superiors such as Ogagu98 and Onlytruth will soon show up with objective discussion of the topic.

My guy sharrap there!

This topic has East, North, and West linked in one fell swoop. Is it that that you don't understand your own topic? Does it have anything to do with your herding cattles hundreds of kilometer towards Ogun state, in search of free grazing land?

If you are too daft, due to paucity of grey matter to understand what I wrote, let me explain in two simple questions:

Does breeding almajiri; exporting polio, and being backward in every know human development (as the case of the NE/NW) show a sign of better leadership culture of Northern leadership? Does scoring comparatively higher in almost all know Human Development Indice (as in case of SE) equate to poor leadership?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
ndu_chucks: @Germannig: I've told you that I prefer to simplify things. Why don't you start from the governors of the SE in the past 10 years. Please rate them and my point will be blear - I expect that you know who those governores are (were).

Is their performance inferior to those of the North or elsewhere in Nigeria?
Are you going to rate them in isolation of the larger Nigerian politics?

As far as we know, Chime of Enugu, not known to have been born outside Igboland, is one of the best governors in Nigeria today.

Overall, there is dearth of leadership in Nigeria, and it is worse in the North which have ruled Nigeria for donkey years with nothing to show for it.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by redsun(m): 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2012
Igbos will rather dont have leaders than being led by paedophiles,thieves and those that does not have the mental ability to be mordern day cattle hearders.like you have in the north,hence its somalia,afganistan like situation.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by PointB: 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy: May be the SEners who have lived a substantial part of their lives up north tend to appreciate that spirit of sacrifice that is found in the average northerners. The Northern leaders have looted the region no doubt but there are lessons to be learnt from their followers - contentment and sacrifice comes to mind here .

And you are going to explain how content people are aiding and abetting in terrorism? How bombing churches, killing christian, and youth corpers equates to contentment on part of the ordinary people in the North. While you are at it, give example of sacrifices made by current crop of Northern leaders. Atiku, IBB, Buhari, Ciroma, etc readily come to mind here? Perhaps the current crop of Northern governors have exhibited immense sacrifice. Give us their names and deed of sacrifice. It is not enough to join in a chorus, show conviction now!
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
Seems the 'Igbos' in the house aren't ready to accept the facts present in the Original Post of the thread. . .
Anyway, it is a fact that lots of Igbo folks go out of their homeland in search of their livelihood, if i was our Igbo brother in the house, i wouldn't pretend that good number of the relatively performing Igbo leaders grew up in the west or north or even outside Nigeria.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Afam4eva(m): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
Chei, you go fear topic na.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
PointB:

And you are going to explain how content people are aiding and abetting in terrorism? How bombing churches, killing christian, and youth corpers equates to contentment on part of the ordinary people in the North. While you are at it, give example of sacrifices made by current crop of Northern leaders. Atiku, IBB, Buhari, Ciroma, etc readily come to mind here? Perhaps the current crop of Northern governors have exhibited immense sacrifice. Give us their names and deed of sacrifice. It is not enough to join in a chorus, show conviction now!
Every region has their own brainwashed set of folks, North does not equal BH . . . as for Atiku, IBB, Buhari, Ciroma coming to mind, they are not the average Northerners i was talking about. Get it?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy: Seems the 'Igbos' in the house aren't ready to accept the facts present in the Original Post of the thread. . .
Anyway, it is a fact that lots of Igbo folks go out of their homeland in search of their livelihood, if i was our Igbo brother in the house, i wouldn't pretend that good number of the relatively performing Igbo leaders grew up in the west or north or even outside Nigeria.

Is it not wisdom that one does not criticize others for doing the very same thing one does?
Nigeria is replete with lack of leadership, is that an Igbo-only problem?
The North ruled 32 out of 52 years of Nigeria. What did they achieve?
Since Awolowo died, what has been the political achievement of Yoruba leaders in Nigeria?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2012
Germannig:

Is it not wisdom that one does not criticize others for doing the very same thing one does?
Nigeria is replete with lack of leadership, is that an Igbo-only problem?
The North ruled 32 out of 52 years of Nigeria. What did they achieve?
Since Awolowo died, what has been the political achievement of Yoruba leaders in Nigeria?
Did the North also rule every state in the south or S.East for 32 out of 52 yrs? I thinks the OP is trying to talk about pattern or things some of our relatively performing SE leaders have in common.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
Did the North also rule every state in the south or S.East for 32 out of 52 yrs also? I thinks the OP is trying to talk about pattern or things some of our relatively performing SE leaders have in common.

So how developmentally different is the SW, SE and North at the state level?
Are you comparing Igbos against themselves or against other Nigerians?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Germannig:

So how developmentally different is the SW, SE and North at the state level?
Are you comparing Igbos against themselves or against other Nigerians?
Pattern and Trait of Relatively performing SE leaders past and present . . . SE in focus pls . . . i did not start ythe thread, FYI.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
Pattern and Trait of Relatively performing SE leaders past and present . . . SE in focus pls . . . i did not start ythe thread, FYI.

Only an i.d.i.o.t will compare himself to himself. Yes, you did not start the thread, but you are commenting on it in a warped, unthinking manner.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2012
Germannig:

Only an i.d.i.o.t will compare himself to himself. Yes, you did not start the thread, but you are commenting on it in a warped, unthinking manner.
Think Statistics bro . . . SE leaders could be the Sample here depending on who the OP really is, and Good Leadership is the Event. . . lol . . . nuttin personal about it.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Antivirus92(m): 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
This mallam ndu chucks makes me hate him the more and more. So he mean that people born and brought up in the east are usually blind,biased,unproductive leaders? So we must look northward or westward for better leaders. Ndu chucks you're not igbo and will never be, please get ur gworo hand off anything igbo please. We love ur concern but biko hold it back.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by PointB: 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
Think Statistics bro . . . SE leaders could be the Sample here depending on who the OP really is, and Good Leadership is the Event. . . lol . . . nuttin personal about it.

Again compared to who? SW leaders or Northern leaders? Certainly there MUST be a basis for comparison. right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Nullifies De-registration Of Political Parties By INEC / IBB And Kaduna Mafia Will Never Allow A Buhari Presidency / What Happened To Radio Biafra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.