Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) (47948 Views)

I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: holy spirit. a deacon regretting marrying his wife? how did they get married in the first place? No investigation, no courtship, no counselling or what? your friends fate is exactly why im apprehensive. once u get there, as a christian, u cant checkout easily. l feel so sorry for him. some women are so pretentious in characters that they show green and later show yellow. This is almost similar to pastor ituah ighodalo's case

yes u have to work and the fact remains, we must choose before enquiring. yet its paramount to seek Gods counsel.

talking about finding someone. the church is not even the best place these days. school sef is no go area, yet one must find someone.

May on nairaland or other dating sites lol.

dont u like anyone in ur class presently?
I read electrical engineering. We are all men and I am the youngest the only woman is married. The average age of my colleagues is like 15 years above mine but I have really learnt a lot. Particularly in the area of life partner.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife: I read electrical engineering. We are all men and I am the youngest the only woman is married. The average age of my colleagues is like 15 years above mine but I have really learnt a lot. Particularly in the area of life partner.
i thought as much in a second degree class, its mostly old folks. when i did my MBA in 2009, there were pple as old as 50 years in my class. hardly will u find young pple these days in a masters class.

I dont think u need to be desperate cos age is somehow on ur side. my fear is that, u shdnt change ur mind about ur virginity. the truth is, as mortals, we must face temptations and i think the greatest one is sssex.

Just keep calm and see as things unfold.

never rule out anything even here, u may find. l met someone on facebook couple of months back. at first i thought she was the loosed type. getting to know her deeply reveals she's a total package. when i say a total package, i mean in all ramifications. people are skeptical about online relationships but it sometimes work out.

are u on any other social media platforms?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: i thought as much in a second degree class, its mostly old folks. when i did my MBA in 2009, there were pple as old as 50 years in my class. hardly will u find young pple these days in a masters class.

I dont think u need to be desperate cos age is somehow on ur side. my fear is that, u shdnt change ur mind about ur virginity. the truth is, as mortals, we must face temptations and i think the greatest one is sssex.

Just keep calm and see as things unfold.

never rule out anything even here, u may find. l met someone on facebook couple of months back. at first i thought she was the loosed type. getting to know her deeply reveals she's a total package. when i say a total package, i mean in all ramifications. people are skeptical about online relationships but it sometimes work out.

are u on any other social media platforms?
Yeah, I've met a few nice ladies online too. Even here on nairaland but bet me Trust is such an expensive commodity these days.
I always reason that the girls you find on here who are loose, wayward and all that are actually portraying the real character of the person behind the screen.
And it's so convenient for them to let there guards down cos nobody knows who they are but they may be 'spiritual role models' to some people in real life.
So also people could pretend online that they are saints and in real life they are wolves. Bottom line is that the business of wife selection is such a high risk one.
It doesn't matter how religious you are the risk stays the same. So many people have been scammed already into make believe marriages. It's only a miracle that can land you a clean, decent, wife material these days.
Well thats my opinion any way. I'm on 2go: olayemi869 or send a mail to ayonaira@yahoo.com.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2012
l must agree with u about Nairaland cos this site being a faceless forum allows pple to reveal their true characters and most certain that some folks here are really what they are. notwithstanding, there are some well behaved, scrupulous and good mannered folks here but very few. some do pretend alot. l dont trust many xtians on here. l still prefer the muslims here cos at least 5 of them that i relate with are exactly what they are on nairaland compared with their outside the forum xters.

most of the churches needs to start teaching our singles good manners. look at esther, Mary, Sarah, Elizabeth etc. they are examples that our xtian ladies need to try to emulate.

One thing, when going into a relationship, one must know what he/she wants. carefully articulate the qualities u seek in a potential partner so that when u start dating, once he/she isnt matching up, try to adjust, lf after adjusting, there's no chnge, thats a sign to move on.

apart from FB, i dont feel comfortable with other social platforms.

a christian once said most of the pple on 2go are perverts.

true or false?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: l must agree with u about Nairaland cos this site being a faceless forum allows pple to reveal their true characters and most certain that some folks here are really what they are. notwithstanding, there are some well behaved, scrupulous and good mannered folks here but very few. some do pretend alot. l dont trust many xtians on here. l still prefer the muslims here cos at least 5 of them that i relate with are exactly what they are on nairaland compared with their outside the forum xters.

most of the churches needs to start teaching our singles good manners. look at esther, Mary, Sarah, Elizabeth etc. they are examples that our xtian ladies need to try to emulate.

One thing, when going into a relationship, one must know what he/she wants. carefully articulate the qualities u seek in a potential partner so that when u start dating, once he/she isnt matching up, try to adjust, lf after adjusting, there's no chnge, thats a sign to move on.

apart from FB, i dont feel comfortable with other social platforms.

a christian once said most of the pple on 2go are pervert.

true or false?
A christian shouldn't make blanket statements. What of people on BBM ? 2go is no different from facebook and BBM. They are all messengers as far as I am concerned. The 'sister' I talked about earlier, I met her on facebook so should I then say that all facebookers are perverts ?
I don't use a BB so 2go helps me to chat with people just like a BBM will thats all.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
There are up to a million posters viewing this thread already.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by dnawah(m): 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife: Ok maybe this will catalyse some people to stop pretending. I am a 25year old single christian, a virgin but I have perfected plans to loose my virginity tomorrow.
The truth is that I have been fighting this internal war for months now and I happened to open a thread on here about the temptetions.
Some people tried to encourage me. I think I will give it up tomorrow. My friend is already on her way from school. Maybe you can advise me against doing that.
I have been able to keep the virginity this long because I always believed having sex will derail my destiny cos it has been confirmed severally by MOG's that I have a very potent ministry to float.
But when you think of the pressure, loneliness and hormones pressing a 25 year old man. You will understand.
I actually have kissed and romanced before but I have never penetrated so, I hope this is brazen enough.
PS: this is no fiction it's real.
pls no verse o!what if u r on top of a girl & rapture take place?visa to hell!u don no wat u have until u loose it
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife: A christian shouldn't make blanket statements. What of people on BBM ? 2go is no different from facebook and BBM. They are all messengers as far as I am concerned. The 'sister' I talked about earlier, I met her on facebook so should I then say that all facebookers are perverts ?
I don't use a BB so 2go helps me to chat with people just like a BBM will thats all.
facebook wouldnt permit much lie that are permitted on other platforms. at least u can get to see few details about the fellow . eg friends, work place, high school etc. that to me is a little security.

lm not saying that should give a go ahead to fall cheaply, but at least some security.

lm may be wrong though
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
dnawah: pls no verse o!what if u r on top of a girl & rapture take place?visa to hell!u don no wat u have until u loose it
so as a christian u must abstain totally
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by mediainspired: 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
Hi guys, i'v bn readin ur enlightenin posts. Thumbs up, toba &guitarlife. I just dropped off my fiancee close to her house &just got home now. Seein her &spendin som time wit her givs me joy. She's actually God's favor 2me, a pure xtian inside-out &she complements me personality-wise. She's about 70% extroverted/30 introverted & i am vice versa. D problem is my neighbor's sis. She's secretly bn tryin to tempt &pressure me in2 leavin my fiancee 4her cos her own relatnship is in trouble waters. I initially trusted her as harmless, but i didnt know she was startin to think otherwise. I cant tell my fiancess either....

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by acidtalk: 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
@Toba and @guitarlife, I must say both of you have won my respect. I read every word line by line and can relate to what you are both feeling 100%

If I hadn't lot my virginity and sampled different products, I would have really been as proud as you both.

Believe me there is a whole lot to sex and spirituality than we can imagine.

I really wish you both all the best.
a@

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by mediainspired: 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
I wish i culd marry my fiancee dis Decemba, but we havnt completed d minimum courtship period set by d marriage committee in d church. And she isnt even allowed to frequent my house; so sometimes i kinda feel lonely (i told her so today). I pray my neighbor's sis moves away (her broda is sumtyms out of town on official assignment). I sense she may get desperate &women can be dangerous wen dey're ar. Recently, she askd me 4som moni. Even tho i had it, i didnt giv it so as 2kill attachmnts. Am able 2handle oda women, but dis is a neighbor... Close by
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by acidtalk: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
Before you lose your virginity or indoubt about sex and its vices I suggest you visit this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/956442/sex-spirituality-how-true-it
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Huntergee83: 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
I think this thread should be strictly 4 my matured minds irrespective of religion.dis topic is very crucial so let our contributns b positive.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: guy i beg u,if u ve not done it pls let go that idea. what do u stand to lose if u waited till u get married?

by ur age, i quite older than u in age and life experience. lf i can hold on for more than 25 what stops u from doing same? why do u want to destroy ur spiritual life? honestly sex or premarital se sends the holy spirit away from u and as a christian, if the holy spirit has departed from, u are as good as a living corpse.

BTW what do u do presently and whats stopping u from getting married?
so holy spirit dey depart pastors wey dey fvck toto... I no gree o @toba
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by mediainspired: 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
As for being a xtian &staying a virgin, i gav my life to God as an early teen &maintained a pure life up til adulthood. But sumwhere afta NYSC, i almost lost my head &offended God. Thank God, am fully bak on track &even stronger. I thank my fiancee in part. She has d same bakground as me &neva derailed cos of her strong family support system. We actually knew den, but just casually. Now God has brot us 2geda for really great things. I luv her so much, so pure-hearted. I trust her 101%

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by eprynce(m): 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife: Ok maybe this will catalyse some people to stop pretending. I am a 25year old single christian, a virgin but I have perfected plans to loose my virginity tomorrow.
The truth is that I have been fighting this internal war for months now and I happened to open a thread on here about the temptetions.
Some people tried to encourage me. I think I will give it up tomorrow. My friend is already on her way from school. Maybe you can advise me against doing that.
I have been able to keep the virginity this long because I always believed having sex will derail my destiny cos it has been confirmed severally by MOG's that I have a very potent ministry to float.
But when you think of the pressure, loneliness and hormones pressing a 25 year old man. You will understand.
I actually have kissed and romanced before but I have never penetrated so, I hope this is brazen enough.
PS: this is no fiction it's real.

I assure you, by the time you are done, you will hiss, bite your fingers and wish you never did.
By the way, Brother, you need to keep a distance from women and stop those kisses and romance you indulge in, they only serve to awake lust and cause you crave penetration more.
Try to take your mind off the matter and refocus your curiosity on your studies - you just might hit a new ground in your field!
THIS IS A CANDID ADVICE, I WOULD DO THE SAME IF I COULD TURN BACK THE HAND OF TIME. The LORD be your strength...IJN.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Amaryah(f): 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nice contributions so far!
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
grin grin grin grin

Same old same old story.

Quick question guys, how many guys should a christian girl have had se"l"x with before you would say she is ok enough to be married?

If she says when I was in the world I did 10 guys now I am born again I am waiting for the one, do you wave it?

Just curious undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by sophi(f): 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
marriage is a very sensitive union . After our salvation d next important issue is marriage. Sex before marriage is a sin , d bible says marriage is honourable n d bed undefile that is my bedrock any day n anytime. It is of utmost importance to seek God's face before marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by brownsug(f): 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
pls wait a little longer,dis may sound wierd but do u know u can get married without incurring much money,i want to commend u,its not easy,whoredom is not a good thing my dear,once u get initiated u cant get out,a lot of nigerian youths are stuck in dat evil middle and cant get out pls think twice about it
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Alumnus: 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nice thread, at 27 the pressure is mounting it's not going to be easy but 3 or 4 more years of abstinence before marriage wouldn't be impossible to achieve by His grace. It doesn't make me any less a man but offers a greater peace of mind about my future and the relationship with my God. God forbid that I should make a shipwreck of my faith.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
mediainspired: I wish i culd marry my fiancee dis Decemba, but we havnt completed d minimum courtship period set by d marriage committee in d church. And she isnt even allowed to frequent my house; so sometimes i kinda feel lonely (i told her so today). I pray my neighbor's sis moves away (her broda is sumtyms out of town on official assignment). I sense she may get desperate &women can be dangerous wen dey're ar. Recently, she askd me 4som moni. Even tho i had it, i didnt giv it so as 2kill attachmnts. Am able 2handle oda women, but dis is a neighbor... Close by
hey man, I hope you are good. I've been there done that. I think you also lust that girl. It's no crime and we are all humans. Just make sure you discuss it with someone close to you. The devils strategy most times is to isolate a christian before striking him.
Because a christian is not weak when tempted he is weakest when he is isolated.
Just the way the serpent had to take Jesus into the desert before tempting him.
So tell it to a trusted church member or even here on NL. Believe me I had my mind made up on loosing my virginity tomorrow but now that thought is extinguished.
There is power when brethren are united and together. God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by NeuroBoss(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
I must commend the starter of this thread and contributors so far. I'm still also a virgin going by the wordly definition of it but have done so many despicable things that my heart condemns me to call myself a virgin. Please, I need your prayers and admonitions to have a pure heart
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by UmericanGirl(f): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba:

why u are still single as a christian

Im UmericanGirl AKA Orobooyinbomumumugu

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
Alumnus: Nice thread, at 27 the pressure is mounting it's not going to be easy but 3 or 4 more years of abstinence before marriage wouldn't be impossible to achieve by His grace. It doesn't make me any less a man but offers a greater peace of mind about my future and the relationship with my God. God forbid that I should make a shipwreck of my faith.
I know a 34 year old virgin, its no biggie really.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
mediainspired: Hi guys, i'v bn readin ur enlightenin posts. Thumbs up, toba &guitarlife. I just dropped off my fiancee close to her house &just got home now. Seein her &spendin som time wit her givs me joy. She's actually God's favor 2me, a pure xtian inside-out &she complements me personality-wise. She's about 70% extroverted/30 introverted & i am vice versa. D problem is my neighbor's sis. She's secretly bn tryin to tempt &pressure me in2 leavin my fiancee 4her cos her own relatnship is in trouble waters. I initially trusted her as harmless, but i didnt know she was startin to think otherwise. I cant tell my fiancess either....
if u love ur fiance, then tell her. but serious are u in love with ur fiance? lf u're deeply in love with her, resist the devil and he/she shall flee from u.

theres a difference between a girl friend and a fiance
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Havilah93(m): 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
@op, I'm still waiting for my hannah wink....absolutely no pressure. The time for that will surely come cool
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2012
NeuroBoss: I must commend the starter of this thread and contributors so far. I'm still also a virgin going by the wordly definition of it but have done so many despicable things that my heart condemns me to call myself a virgin. Please, I need your prayers and admonitions to have a pure heart
the definition of virgin should be likened to Mary the mother of Jesus. anything outside is 100% virginity
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
Havilah93: @op, I'm still waiting for my hannah wink....absolutely no pressure. The time for that will surely come cool
so i hope u know the xteristics u want in her. also are u of age? what are ur plans to meeting the right person?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2012
UmericanGirl:

Im UmericanGirl AKA Orobooyinbomumumugu
pls what does that mean? i dont understand big english grin
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by juleze(f): 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
It's tough abstaining, especially for men, but it's possible. Most of the guys I have around me (male friends) are virgins and they are in their 30's (one for married this year). Once you start, you'll find it hard to stop, even when married, you'll not be content.

Please stay strong!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy Loved Up Like Never Before In New Photos / Having Sex In The Dream: Causes, Related Problems And Solutions / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.