Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) (47982 Views)

I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife: Not nice .lol. You've got to support your stand with relevant scriptures. There is no room for accomodating emotions and it's called rightly dividing the word of truth.
Seriously, not one supporting scripture I'd rather you said abysmal.

Guitarlife,

I wont add any verse to it... I do lots of Bible Study and I dont have a single source... I have spiritual and physical sources...

You have along way to go if you are looking for biblical verses... The words should point you to them if you are a good bible scholar. Before you quote Paul's words, note that he was sending it to a congregation not to the whole christian race... which is the mistake most Christians make while dealing with bible study as they dont look at the real audience...

Guy, I no dey put quote oh... search for am urself... sorry
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
timsolo: In my own estimation, Divorce doesn't mean a physical separation only. What about married couples who are not in talking terms for 1, 2 or 3 months? Or the man that no longer loves the wife, but endures her even though they still laugh and eat together? This issue is really affecting the church today and its our duty to fight it in all ramifications!!!

women can change so do men. we need to properly understand divorce as it relates to christians.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by RedReact: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
The best and only antidote to divorce is never to make the mistake of 'mis-marrying'. Thus we need to ask God to give us our husbands/wives just as the scripture says "he who marries a wife (not a girl or lady) ..." There are many ladies/gentlemen out there but few wives/husbands.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
@those over 25 and ur parents are still together, have asked how the marriage is/was successful?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by truthislight: 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
dnawah: pls no verse o!what if u r on top of a girl & rapture take place?visa to hell!u don no wat u have until u loose it

the guy thinks there is a big deal in the aftermat of immorality.
Then reality sets in after, but you cant turn back the hands of the clock.

He wants to lose that which will give him pride and story to tell for the rest of his life.
I mean, a beautiful story at that.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: @those over 25 and ur parents are still together, have asked how the marriage is/was successful?
over 50 yrs and still counting

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Godspikin: 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2012
d king123: So many females viewing this thread but non saying anything.

Because we have fewer virgins among women, trust me, am not one though...
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by RedReact: 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: @those over 25 and ur parents are still together, have asked how the marriage is/was successful?
I've watched my parents closely and I discovered that they don't hold offences against each other. When I was young, I used to think all faults were committed by my father while my mother was an angel but now discovered that my mother too would be at faults just as my father too, but they chose to let love prevail.
The main thing is that we should always apply is Ephesians 5:22-33.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by duality(m): 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife: Did you read the whole post ? I am not talking from inference here, I practically took the words out of the mouth of Jesus. Mathew 5:32 is clear enough though it may appeared skewed due to what 'pastors' have made it look like.
The key word is FORNICATION AND NOT ADULTERY. Adultery is a non-issue, the panacea for adultery is forgiveness except you think Jesus made a mistake and meant to say adultery.
We should learn to put our emotions at bay when dividing the word. This is even clear enough, no ambiguity. If you are having doubts please reread my post.
God bless you.

This got me curious especially since you pointed out Mat 5;32 my question is "can you commit Fornication with a wife?" abi, is there an issue of semantics here?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Gracious10: 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
Another question I will ask:

Does God show people who their partners are? cos I hv seen so many xtians who claimed God told them to they are meant to be together and they are divorced today. If there is a unique way of knowing these things, someone should pls share.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by etunoman76(m): 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife: A christian shouldn't make blanket statements. What of people on BBM ? 2go is no different from facebook and BBM. They are all messengers as far as I am concerned. The 'sister' I talked about earlier, I met her on facebook so should I then say that all facebookers are perverts ?
I don't use a BB so 2go helps me to chat with people just like a BBM will thats all.

Believe it or not, I met my wife on the social media, Badoo. We got married last year October, and I got to say she's the complete package to me. I have been thanking God for making our paths cross. Yes, we do have our differences and stuffs, but man, she means everything to me. I LOVE HER SO MUCH!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
GARRI:

I thought you've repented! Na wa oh, Garri man na Garri man grin grin I no see any change grin SMH

So, where are the single ladies? Your comments please o! grin

#nocomment
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Timijo(m): 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
ondo_boi: so holy spirit dey depart pastors wey dey fvck toto... I no gree o @toba
Married pastors who have sex with their wives can not lose the holy spirit because it is biblical to enjoy sex with ones wife. Anyone that have sex outside matrimonial home commits a grievous sin. If he/she is unmarried and he/she have sex, it is a sin because sex is made for the married.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
etunoman76:

Believe it or not, I met my wife on the social media, Badoo. We got married last year October, and I got to say she's the complete package to me. I have been thanking God for making our paths cross. Yes, we do have our differences and stuffs, but man, she means everything to me. I LOVE HER SO MUCH!

You met your wife on Badoo, that's serious shit!
90% of the people on Badoo are flirts including you and me so guy as they saying goes, "garri will remain garri even if its mixed with semo". Really serious shit! But God is with you!

All the best!
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
One of our problems stems from the fact that we have misplaced the purpose for marriage! I agreed with one pastor who argued that the basis for marriage is not love but purpose in life. Adam was already on his path to fulfilling his divine mandate before God provided a helper to help him actualise his purpose on earth. Many of us are yet to even discover the essence why we are on earth and we are strugglung to get married. The bible commands us to love generally and not to have a special'love'for a sister or brother; except for husbands(already married) to love their wives and wives must submit.let's get busy serving God and fulfilling purpose. The right woman or man would surely come

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Gracious10: 11:03pm On Oct 01, 2012
timsolo: One of our problems stems from the fact that we have misplaced the purpose for marriage! I agreed with one pastor who argued that the basis for marriage is not love but purpose in life. Adam was already on his path to fulfilling his divine mandate before God provided a helper to help him actualise his purpose on earth. Many of us are yet to even discover the essence why we are on earth and we are strugglung to get married. The bible commands us to love generally and not to have a special'love'for a sister or brother; except for husbands(already married) to love their wives and wives must submit.let's get busy serving God and fulfilling purpose. The right woman or man would surely come

1 million likes!
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
duality:

This got me curious especially since you pointed out Mat 5;32 my question is "can you commit Fornication with a wife?" abi, is there an issue of semantics here?
there is another post up there that I wrote that you have missed. I did my best to clarify this issue lemme look for it.
Guitarlife: So painful that I am replying with a mobile but I will try my best.
DIVORCE IS NOT PERMITTED AFTER MARRIAGE. The passage most people harp on reads 'except for fornication' mathew 5:32.
Do you mean to tell me Jesus made a mistake that he meant to say adultery but had a slip of tongue and said fornication ?
We need to get some education as christians. It all boils down to the jewish tradition.
The jewish tradition holds marriage in such high esteem so much that even if you were just engaged to be married to a lady.
Note that you had not even gotten married. You were only engaged to severe that engagement you needed a divorce.
That was why Joseph couldn't just walk out on Mary when he found out that she was pregnant although they were not yet married.
Now an adultery could only happen in the case of a married person but for engaged people the term was still fornication if they had sexual relations.
In essence Jesus meant that it was only people who were engaged to be married that were eligible for a divorce and the only reason permitted for you bro to 'divorce' that your petulant fiancee is fornication.
In essence you have no right as a christian to call of a relationship note not marriage now, a relationship unless your fiancee has commited fornication.
Therefore even before going into a relationship we have to be sure it's headed for the altar all things being equal.
Now this is God's undiluted standard by my own limited understanding.
May God grant us all wisdom.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
Gracious10: Another question I will ask:

Does God show people who their partners are? cos I hv seen so many xtians who claimed God told them to they are meant to be together and they are divorced today. If there is a unique way of knowing these things, someone should pls share.

YES... And for that to happen, believe me... you have to be in partner with God as the bible commends He reveal secrets unto His servants... prophets...

I mean marathon prayers, marathon study, DONT JUST GO INTO FASTING OH! It is a big topic and people are getting it wrong...

Study the word of God... Let that be your priority... Think about Him and Heaven everyday... Look unto Him and looking back at you, you will see urself because he will reflect secrets and what you need to see/know to you... BUT NOT ALL YOU MUST SAY

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2012

Yes, but its rare. It involves extra-ordinary graces.But most times what God shows people, are opportunities of marriage, its left for you to take or leave It. With God all things are possible

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Timijo(m): 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: l think the pastor is wrong. 'if an eye would take u to hell, u can pluck out the eye before that eye makes u blind' l mean in the positive way. lf my wife (God forbid) turned promiscuous during out marriage and she has refused to change, should i keep her to set bad morals for the children?
But the bible says, Gnd hates divorce.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by etunoman76(m): 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
bbpreye:

You met your wife on Badoo, that's serious shit!
90% of the people on Badoo are flirts including you and me so guy as they saying goes, "garri will remain garri even if its mixed with semo". Really serious shit! But God is with you!

All the best!

That means I met one of the remaining 10%. I can vouch for her anytime and anywhere. I used to have the notion that I could never meet anyone trusthworthy, especially online, but that perception has totally changed

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 01, 2012
Gracious10:

Really masturbation is a sin. This sin is first built in ur heart then ur body reacts to it.
Medically, they will say its the effect of body hormones which I agree with. But remember, this body is given to you to control and not u allowing the body to control u. The enemy invaded my life with this same issue until I stood to it. I got so mad at it that I took a whole 3 days to address it. The enemy looks for loop holes to accuse the brethren, if u give in to one, he will bring more sinful ideas. I bombarded my self with tapes, books, prayers and I renewed my thinking. Whenever that urge came, I kept declaring " I am the righteousness of God, no trace of sin can be found in me" "I bear on my body the mark of Christ, therefore let nothing trouble me" By the time I did this for a week and avoided things that brought these thoughts (eg: the eye gate and the ear gate.) I was free from these torments and today, the devil dares not to bring these issues to me cos I don't Let go of the WORD!

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
etunoman76:

That means I met one of the remaining 10%. I can vouch for her anytime and anywhere. I used to have the notion that I could never meet anyone trusthworthy, especially online, but that perception has totally changed

Don't mind them, are they saying people that come online and are in different social networks are from planent mars ; take it or leave it, in our today's world, our village square in the internet, more people will meet online at first contact than in flesh
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
I have a conviction this thread will eventually evolve to be weapon of restoration for nairaland christians. I'm humbled to have played a role in it's evolution.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by RedReact: 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2012

From my own perspective, God gave eternity to man, that is his will for him, but man forfeited the will of God by disobeying Him.
The fact that God says Sis A is a partner to Bro B does not mean that they will automatically be together forever if they neglect their own personal works and responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by passionate88: 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol, of course im immature.. any problems with that?
ok.. Out of d abundance of d heart the mouth speaketh.. Premature mosquito
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
God hates(not happy)
divorce but that doesn't mean divorcees are going to hell. We have forgotten the three levels of God's will. We have the good, acceptable and perfect will of God
(Rom 12:1-2) Why did Moses permitted divorce in the old testament? It was because of the hard heartedness of the isrealites. Divorce was permitted(acceptable) but his perfect will is that there should be no divorce.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by chuksonu(m): 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
I am 37yrs old and single.Lots of issues are responsible for this.Anyway it's difficult somehow for me to get a real wife now that my story has changed.This is because I don,t reside in Nigeria and don,t believe in arranged marriage.I visits Nig at least twice in a year and any girl I come across now is always interested in marriage and I hate being pushed.tot it was better for a man to woo a lady for marriage instead of the other way round.I am planing to come home early next year to settle down so that I will be able to know who is real.Putting God first,I hope I will find my wifey soon as I believe she is somewhere right now.
toba: welcome.

lm moved by the need for there to be a discussion forum for christian singles on nairaland where issues bothering on dating, courting, singleness, heartbreaks, divorce, about to wed etc would be discussed, with people sharing their experiences of what they've passed through in the past, what they're going through presently and what they hope to go through/never want to go through in the future as regards relationships.

we are also free to list what we are looking out for in a would be life partner. i.e qualities and characters, when you hope to settledown.

one issue i also lok out for discussion is influence of parents, family members, religious leaders advice, friends opinion etc regarding choosing a partner.

lastly seeking GOD's opinion on marital matters.

the married can also come in to share their experiences in terms of challenges prior to and after the wedding.

hoping for a great discussion
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife: I have a conviction this thread will eventually evolve to be weapon of restoration for nairaland christians. I'm humbled to have played a role in it's evolution.

Except a seed falls to the ground and die, it abideth alone ; you died to self , was buried in truth and now ressurection of nairaland christains lol

You are messiah bro
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Yujin(m): 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
chuksonu: I am 37yrs old and single.Lots of issues are responsible for this.Anyway it's difficult somehow for me to get a real wife now that my story has changed.This is because I don,t reside in Nigeria and don,t believe in arranged marriage.I visits Nig at least twice in a year and any girl I come across now is always interested in marriage and I hate being pushed.tot it was better for a man to woo a lady for marriage instead of the other way round.I am planing to come home early next year to settle down so that I will be able to know who is real.Putting God first,I hope I will find my wifey soon as I believe she is somewhere right now.
Understood. May God help you locate the wife meant for you. He who findeth a wife findeth a good thing...
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by passionate88: 11:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
UmericanGirl:

We no be virgins. grin
u r VERY frank... Thumbs up..
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
sadeiyare:

Except a seed falls to the ground and die, it abideth alone ; you died to self , was buried in truth and now ressurection of nairaland christains lol

You are messiah bro
Pa Toba lol. This is for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

Suleman To El-Rufai: “You Are Dead Already, Ask For Date Of Your Burial" (video) / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.