Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Lawyers' Advice Needed Urgently - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lawyers' Advice Needed Urgently (822 Views)

Lawyers In The House... I Need Your Help! / Venturing Into Perfume Business:advice Needed / Solicitors & Lawyers: Is There A Law In Nigeria Against Gambling/lotto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers' Advice Needed Urgently by goshen(m): 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2008
I bought a starcomms line+phone some 3 - 4 months ago from a lady marketer in Ibadan.But some 3 -4 days ago , a stupid mallam called my Starcomms line ,accusing me of stealing the line+phone.I politely advised him to go Starcomms' office with the SIM PACK if he has any issue with any Line.To my utmost surprise,I noticed my Line was blocked today.I wonder why in the this world ,would Starcomm as a company block any 3rd party Line on any customer's request ,without the complaining customer producing an evidence of ownership.I really pissed off,and will like to make Starcomms pay for this act.I strongly believe it is not professional.Pease I need advice from professionals as I know next to jack in Law.Am really boiling now.
Re: Lawyers' Advice Needed Urgently by 1stestees(m): 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2008
Starcomms is begining to become an issue. however, i think you have a good case. they have no right to deprive you the ability to use your phone. you need to report the company to the regulatory authorities especially if you have incurred losses as a result of this denial.
there is this "consumer protection council" or something like that. i dont know much about it. seek people's advice and you may just be on your way to getting monetary compensation.
all the best.
Re: Lawyers' Advice Needed Urgently by goshen(m): 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ Ist estees
Thanks Bros

Who in the house has the contact details of the Consumer protection commission? I really want to take it up with these guys.
Re: Lawyers' Advice Needed Urgently by saha(f): 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2008
Get in touch with starcomms 1st before getting a lawyer
Re: Lawyers' Advice Needed Urgently by finicky(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2008
Hi here is the address of the consumer protection council if u still need it, hope you have spoken with Starcoms, i'm interested in whatever response response they give u. i'm a young lawyer, very interested in consumer rights. i'm sure they probably have some small prints on the pack that would claim to exclude them from any liability, go ahead talk to them and lets have their response.
Goodluck

Plot 1105, Dar-es-Salam Street, off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II, P.M.B 5077, Abuja.

Tel: 09-52303423, 2730949.
Email: cpcnigeria@yahoo.co.uk OR info@cpcnigeria.com

(1) (Reply)

Fast Food Business / 8 Secrets To Successful Living / How To Access Microfinance Bank Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.