Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God (40736 Views)

Muoka's Accuser Juliet Ezeonye-Idu In Prison In Prison Now / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Lazarus Muoka Accused Of Hypnotism And Deception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by Emperoh(m): 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2008
The Christendom is about to witness a show of shame between two men of God who seem irreconcilable despite the gospel of forgiveness they preach on daily basis. The general overseer of Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministry, Pastor Lazarus Muoka and the founder, Christ Chosen Generation Revival Ministry, Pastor Nnamdi Ofoegbu are pitched against each other over pecuniary issues. Since 2006 there have been claims and counter-claims by the duo over who erred in the course of propagating the gospel. They have been guests of the police on different occasions. Indeed, the duo has been trading punches in and around Lagos to the consternation of their followers. Ofoegbu claims that Mouka short-changed him to the tune of N317million being what he contributed to the growth of the church since inception up to the time he left the church in 2006. He claimed that it was an investment based on an unwritten agreement he reached with Muoka to invest all he had with the hope of reaping bountifully at the time of harvest. Unfortunately, when it was time for him to enjoy the fruit of his labour, Muoka allegedly sidelined him. In fact, he has taken his case to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC). He has also vowed to pursue his case to its logical conclusion. Ofoegbu also accused Mouka of hypnotizing him to invest such a huge amount of money without restraint.

"What I am asking for is the fulfillment of the agreement we both entered into, an agreement to invest into the work of God for which there will be profit and returns. We both agreed that I should invest my life savings and that we are going to reap it many fold when the time comes. I believed him and invested all that I had including the one that did not belong to me. When the time for harvest came he started finding faults with me to embarrass and frustrate me out of the church".

He added "a man invests with the hope of reaping. That was why I started investing in this project since 2004. From that time till when I left, I had invested over N300million. That expanse of land where the church is today and the fleets of luxury buses you see are part of the investment. Others are the planting of the church in Dubai, United Arab Emirate, Abidjan, Ikoyi and Ibadan. These are aside the series of crusades we held across the country and beyond. There are many other areas like advertising in print and electronics media", he stressed.

He however, said he was not asking for what he gave to the Lord either as tithes or offerings that came in different forms. "I want the EFCC to intervene in this matter. There are a lot of people these days that dupe and hypnotise innocent people in the name of God. The victims are mostly rich people in the society. He cast a spell on me to the point that I virtually spent all I had. Now the scales have fallen off my eyes, I now realize my folly", he raged.

As ofoegbu is raging and raining curses on his opponent, the camp of Muoka seems to have another strategy for the war. The Lord’s Chosen is pursuing the case through the police. On two different occasions the Assistant Inspector of Police, Zone 2 Command, Onikan had invited Ofoegbu over allegations of threat to the life of Muoka. On November 29, 2006 and January 24, 2007 Ofoegbu was summoned based on "allegations of threat to life against very important persons including the General overseer of the Lord Chosen Charismatic Revival Church".

A member of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Apapa, Samuel Onyenekwe says there is more to the problem than meets the eye. He sees the ‘war’ as a sign of end time. "How can somebody ask for a refund of the money he donated to the church? Has the church become a business venture where you invest for the purpose of making profit? All the same it is a shame that two men of god are washing their dirty linens in the open", he observes. He believes that both Ofoegbu and Muoka have a duty to explain to Nigerians what actually happened before they parted ways.

Others blame Muoka for allowing the problem to degenerate to this level.

Muoka’s critics insinuate that he may have been caught by nemesis, alleging that it was the same blackmail he employed before he left Watchman Charismatic to form the Lord’s Chosen Church, perceived to be one of the mega Pentecostal churches in the country. Ofoegbu broke away in similar manner from Muoka in September 2006 to establish his church in FESTAC Town, Lagos. But how far this battle of the titans would go is yet to be known.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by redsun(m): 1:54am On Jan 22, 2008
When the wind blows,we see the chicken ass.It is money game.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by darfur(m): 2:49am On Jan 22, 2008
efcc should invite them for some talks
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by dan4sunfun(m): 7:15am On Jan 25, 2008
There is still a skeleton in thier cupboard which they have not revealed. apart from the money ofoegbu is claiming that Mouka should pay him back, they will still reveal the source of their power. Ofoegbu in his statement in the Daily Sun Newspaper, his words ''apart from this money, there is still another secreet which i will not reveal now''. They are realy in a joint business. forcing people to wear banner instead of cloth. That banner is serving as a mobile advert to them. soon local goverment will start charging them for that. it is a great shame to the congregation.

just last week, a girl was sacked in my company for wearing banner to the office intead of the normal dressing on monday morning. when the human resorces manager told her to go and change, she said no that the lord of choosen is turning her from sorrow to joy, instead of to change, she better loose the job and she lost it just to come back some days to ask for forgiveness.
pastor is geting richer everyday, the followers are getting porrer. may the evil that men do live with them.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by cgift(m): 8:20am On Jan 25, 2008
Speechless!!! undecided How sad angry
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2008
dan4sunfun:

There is still a skeleton in their cupboard which they have not revealed. apart from the money ofoegbu is claiming that Mouka should pay him back, they will still reveal the source of their power. Ofoegbu in his statement in the Daily Sun Newspaper, his words ''apart from this money, there is still another secreet which i will not reveal now''. They are realy in a joint business. forcing people to wear banner instead of cloth. That banner is serving as a mobile advert to them. soon local goverment will start charging them for that. it is a great shame to the congregation.

just last week, a girl was sacked in my company for wearing banner to the office intead of the normal dressing on monday morning. when the human resorces manager told her to go and change, she said no that the lord of choosen is turning her from sorrow to joy, instead of to change, she better loose the job and she lost it just to come back some days to ask for forgiveness.
pastor is geting richer everyday, the followers are getting porrer. may the evil that men do live with them.
This is so funny. Stupid Girl hy did she come to beg. Idiots who cannot read the bible or reason for themselves
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by shinystar(m): 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2008
Dansunfun,

Your story is pathetic. See how people are fanatical about church. Can you provide further details for us to evaluate the sack.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by shinystar(m): 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2008
Ephermoh,

Dis you interview Ofoegbue or you forgot to add the link? You quoted him so categorically but did not state if you met him. If you did, can I have his contact on suntolaontop@yahoo.com so that I can reach him. I intend to interview him for my paper. Thanks
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by amaks: 11:46am On Jan 27, 2008
shameful.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by Dawid: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2008
Emperoh:

The Christendom is about to witness a show of shame between two men of God who seem irreconcilable despite the gospel of forgiveness they preach on daily basis. The general overseer of Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Group of companies, Pastor Lazarus Muoka and the founder, Christ Chosen Generation Revival PLC, Pastor Nnamdi Ofoegbu are pitched against each other over pecuniary issues.

Just to correct the names of the churches.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by dan4sunfun(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2008
if u need his contact, e=mail me because we got to treat it as private and confidential to avoid abuse of human right. likewise you can get the address of his church in festac. daniel4sunewsonline@yahoo.ca
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by Ebuble: 5:00pm On May 07, 2009
dear poster, it's a high time we think with our head and not hair
stop fighting for pastors, at worse fight for hw u as a person will make heaven at last,
remember every body shall give account of his/her work on earth at the last day. GOD BLESS U ALL AMEN. wink
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by tudor(m): 8:07pm On May 08, 2009
They're all idiots! I dnt understand why a pastor will break from one church and go to form his own,isn't it the same god they all claim to worship? Its quite obvious all they're after is their own money, the earlier xtians knw they're being decieved the better for them
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by bawomolo(m): 9:43pm On May 08, 2009
He added "a man invests with the hope of reaping.

I thought converts is enough "reaping". Nigeria's modern protestant movement is beginning to expose itself.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by ogajim(m): 5:09pm On Dec 17, 2009
A lot of the so called Churches are nothing but investment houses these days in Nigeria and elsewhere, only the poor folks get screwed as they don't get a share of the profits and the "blessings" don't arrive due to their "lack of faith"
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by Ibime(m): 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2009
More evidence that the Nigerian flock is being deceived.

I dont see any of the pentecostal bible-bashers commenting on this story, but you better believe this is a scenario which is being replicated throught the larger percentage of Pentecostal churches, both in Nigeria and abroad.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by lawrence83: 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2009
What a shame! Christedom is fast becoming a money making venture.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by olowolekan(m): 5:23am On Feb 11, 2010
If this posting is true,then one thing comes to mind.The end is near.He who thinks he standeth should take heed lest he falls.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:42am On Feb 11, 2010
I am rarely surprised when such issues amaze us,  being christian does not mean u should become dull at doing sharp-sharp business,  gently as a dove, cunning as a snake,   grin

Only blind followers remain followers till the day they die,  true Christians break-away to form their own ministry,  expansion in a period of boom or recession. it does not matter. Christianity is not affected by reality thus unaffected by the Global Economic meltdown,  infact, the present credit crisis is a boon for churches, ministries and money ritualists, more and more adherents will flock to dole out their last cash in hope for a piece of heaven when they die and leave their wealth with their religious leaders,  indeed, the meek shall inherit the earth. what does that tell you,  INHERIT,  that is after the strong pastors have used it all up (chop belle full) and left crumbs behind.  grin
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by sandras: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2010
You Should kindly remove this topic (Muoka Vs Ofoegbu) from the net. Delete it entirely Please.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by sandras: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2010
Are we here to discuss men of God instead of something else. Let us not allow our tongue to lead us into ever lasting condemination. If i will be allowed to suggest, I wil say let us put an end to it.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2010
tudor:

They're all idiots! I dnt understand why a pastor will break from one church and go to form his own,isn't it the same god they all claim to worship? Its quite obvious all they're after is their own money, the earlier xtians knw they're being decieved the better for them
@tudor(m)
Its unreasonable for u to generalize that all pastors are idiots. We still have some good ones around.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2010
sandra s:

Are we here to discuss men of God instead of something else. Let us not allow our tongue to lead us into ever lasting condemination. If i will be allowed to suggest, I wil say let us put an end to it.
No my dear, we are all allowed to air our opinions provided we don't violate any rules of the forum
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by pobox: 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2011
It is all lie Ofoegbu is being hypnotize by an external force.Pastor Mouka is a Real man of GOD, says by GOD him selves, if you don't believe then please pray to GOD to show you the truth. apart from sentiment i am telling you the truth,God bless you all.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by oderemo(m): 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2011
I laugh in hebrew.
The end is nigh indeed.

some Nigerians are are just stupid. n317mill.
Damn.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by obinali: 11:23am On Dec 12, 2011
make sure you said what you know, because every false news will be punished for, Pastor Muoka is a man of God, its just that Nigerians dont like the truth and so many of you are demonic thats why you run away from the truth, but i tell you God will open your eyes to know what Chosen is all about. and repent before it too late, every church has a way they operate in other to win soul, and thats what chosen people are doing by wearing banner for advert its no ones business, they started it now so many churches are coping them for you to see its a goods thing, if you can not witness Christ as a christian what else can you do. what ever the chosen people are doing its between them and God mind your own business and leave them alone.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by mcstan18(m): 9:43am On Apr 09, 2012
Now I know what idle talks can do in the lives of the teeming ignorant. Why I won't blame those cursing pastor muoka is because I know who works in their hearts- the devil. I was once like you until I just decided to pay a visit to the church. This man speaks the mind of God to humanity in its entirely RAW form- an apostle of righteousness. It's a great pity that most of you are naive rumour mongers who'll stop at nothing to rubbish the name of others. Why not pay a visit and you'll be sorry you ever made such vitriolic judgements. Desist from joining the bandwagons in disseminating false and misleading information lest you incur God's wrath.

Remember, there are people who would stop at nothing to exterminate righteousness in the hearts of men. Don't make yourselves vessels of destruction brothers.
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by dhanell: 11:13pm On May 09, 2012
I pity people that just go about posting whatever they like on any platform they see, pastor mouka is an anointed man of God who God have sent to propagate the gospel in dis end time, but as often said, the truth is bitter
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by HolyHolla(m): 7:32am On Jan 05, 2014
When it comes to Christian worshippers in churches, there are so many who never believe that their leaders can ever be wrong. I call them, "worshippers of man-made gods". No matter what their leaders do wrong, and no matter what he or she does not do right, they believe that those leaders are always right. It's time to realize that no leader is perfect and everyone can be wrong. The Bible is filled with the goods deeds and mistakes of both leaders and followers, to show us examples of how to truly be godly.

I detest all forms of human efforts at power play in the Church. Why would a man of God, any man of God whatsoever, join issues with any person(s)? "Love your enemies", "turn the other cheek", "as long as it lies within your power, be at peace with ALL men" and "our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the powers working for the evil one", are all biblical injunctions for everyone, not fight back your opponents with police harassments and press/pulpit publicities. Even if a man of God would have to lose the very last shirt on his body, I expect God's instructions to superceed any other efforts. Who owns the church anyway? If it is God, then let Him be the one to fight the battle.

We all need to rethink and return to biblical principles rather than fight fruitless battles against our opponents just to defend ourselves or our mortal leaders.

Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by Ucee1999: 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2020
[quote author=Emperoh post=1854154]The Christendom is about to witness a show of shame between two men of God who seem irreconcilable despite the gospel of forgiveness they preach on daily basis. The general overseer of Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministry, Pastor Lazarus Muoka and the founder, Christ Chosen Generation Revival Ministry, Pastor Nnamdi Ofoegbu are pitched against each other over pecuniary issues. Since 2006 there have been claims and counter-claims by the duo over who erred in the course of propagating the gospel. They have been guests of the police on different occasions. Indeed, the duo has been trading punches in and around Lagos to the consternation of their followers. Ofoegbu claims that Mouka short-changed him to the tune of N317million being what he contributed to the growth of the church since inception up to the time he left the church in 2006. He claimed that it was an investment based on an unwritten agreement he reached with

hmmm nawa ooo wonders shall neva end grin
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by Ucee1999: 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
cgift:
Speechless!!! undecided How sad angry

honestly undecided
Re: Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God by NnadyAutos: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2020
It is well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Arrested & Ordered To Do Frog Jump - Endtime Magazine / Is This Juju Or Mere Coincidence. Pls Explain Ur Experience / RCCG In Alapere, Lagos On Fire (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.