Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,435 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Childbirth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Childbirth (4151 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Childbirth by Detonatorrex(m): 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
share your views and what you think of childbirth
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
its painful and suffer constipation for a week after giving birth!!

ciao
Re: Childbirth by Akpunwa(f): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2012
Not to scare anyone, but it was the most painful experience ever! The constipation and sleepless nights I suffered in the following days were something else too.

All the same, nothing surpasses the joy of having children.

1 Like

Re: Childbirth by feminineA: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2012
Its not easy!so much pain,recovery process can be long especially if you had one issue or the other. But the joy of carrying your baby over rides it all
Re: Childbirth by PrettyCindy(f): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
The most painful thing to ever happen to me but yet the best and sweetest experience!!! @op if you are pregnant, just prepare your mind.
Re: Childbirth by Detonatorrex(m): 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
PrettyCindy: The most painful thing to ever happen to me but yet the best and sweetest experience!!! @op if you are pregnant, just prepare your mind.
lol..i'm a guy though..but i think childbirth is the most painfull experience for human beings..*i'm beginning to pity my future wife sef*
Re: Childbirth by OmoAlata(f): 9:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
I don't know whether to say this but it wasn't that painful nor difficult for me. My longest labour was 2 hours; my shortest labour was 20 minutes grin I delivered them all naturally without any drugs grin
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
Omo Alata: I don't know whether to say this but it wasn't that painful nor difficult for me. My longest labour was 2 hours; my shortest labour was 20 minutes grin I delivered them all naturally without any drugs grin

I had to smile when I read this as I remember when I was in hospital, I was induced and nothing was happening after 2 days so on the 3rd day one of the women on the ward was in labour and screaming her head of - I kept asking "why is this woman making so much noise, is it that painful that someone can't sleep in peace again"

hmmmmm the next day my own started - i'm very sure the whole hospital heard me shouting when i was having my contractions - chineke - childbirth? a kind of pain u want to run away from but can't - my goodness childbirth is painful - but the real work begins when the baby comes out

1 Like

Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Stop building fear, No two experiences are the same. Steps to take, see your Doctor, be sure baby is fine, eat healthy, Pregnancy comes with hormones but it is not an excuse to eat the whole world, make the baby so big that it gives you wahala and tears you too much.
Also, have a clear mind, don't focus on what you watch on movies and create a scene in your head. Like they tell us at home, insulting and cursing doesn't take the pain away, try to pray and focus on breathing and pushing.
The Pregnant women screaming and cursing on African Women do not describe or define ever womans experience. Have an open mind, be healthy and prayerful.

1 Like

Re: Childbirth by dominique(f): 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
^^^ True no two childbirth stories are the same but you have to admit that PAIN is the common factor. The arrival of the LO makes it all worth it.
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
My friend's wife had a gruesome abdominal pain days after labor. . .
They said it comes when blood clots in the womb.
She got better after days of hot towel massage.
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
dominique: ^^^ True no two childbirth stories are the same but you have to admit that PAIN is the common factor. The arrival of the LO makes it all worth it.
Well, It is a common factor but not in every case. I have seen cases where the baby just slip out. Down in the North, maybe it is the way women were raised you find it hard to measure pain especially when the woman is determined to be silent and betray no emotion.
Some people can have mild discomfort for 5 minutes and baby just pops out, there is a programme on TLC where women who didn't know they were pregnant give birth, In a lot of cases because the women didn't know they were in Labor a lot of the drama was missing.
Re: Childbirth by greatgod2012(f): 3:07am On Sep 27, 2012
no doubt, childbirth is painful but it depends on how prepared and determined u are, as a man thinks, so is he, so, think positively to bring positive effect.
Each time i get pregnant, i always tell myself and lay my hand on my tummy that,hear, u this beautiful baby in me,u will not come out thru CS, u will not cause me too much pain,etc and when i get to d hospital, i maintain and respect myself and tell doctors what i want, and it works like magic, thanks to God as well as books written on dt experience like everywoman( a must have for everywoman)the book helps a lot, at a stage, my doctor tot im a gynaecologist, not knowing i was reading books on childbirth. The other way to get ur mind prepared if u know u cant but misbehave durng chilbirth and yet want to respect urself is to register 4 CS, it works also, once d baby matures enough, just go thru CS, it saves u all d embarassment and pains u may likely cause to urself, i have a sister who delievered all her 3 kids this way, not because she has any complicatn, but her preparedness. Above all, d joy of being a mother surpasses anything one may pass thru during chilbirth.
My opinion anyway.
May we not labour in vain. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Childbirth by candieangel12(f): 6:20am On Sep 27, 2012
Lol dats y im gona get a surrogate wen d time comes
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 27, 2012
candieangel12: Lol dats y im gona get a surrogate wen d time comes
are you fuccking kidding me? Don't you wanna have the same sweet experience as other women?

my first pregnancy was through a c/s but it was a memorable experience! Seeing my son and cuddling him in my arms was the sweetest moment ever.though he is late now,I still remember the first day I saw that sweet innocent face and how he cried faintly.who says Motherhood isn't the best?

1 Like

Re: Childbirth by greatgod2012(f): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2012
berem: are you fuccking kidding me? Don't you wanna have the same sweet experience as other women?

my first pregnancy was through a c/s but it was a memorable experience! Seeing my son and cuddling him in my arms was the sweetest moment ever.though he is late now,I still remember the first day I saw that sweet innocent face and how he cried faintly.who says Motherhood isn't the best?

hehehehehe, im so sorry, hope there are other ones, i really feel for u, remain blessed.
Re: Childbirth by greatgod2012(f): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2012
candieangel12: Lol dats y im gona get a surrogate wen d time comes

i want to believe u are joking except u are medically unfit.
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2012
After reading the comments from ladies, I've to admit ITS NOT EASY.. Wish I can help my wife (when I have one) carry the PREGNANCY..
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2012
acidosis™:
After reading the comments from ladies, I've to admit ITS NOT EASY.. Wish I can help my wife (when I have one) carry the PREGNANCY..
at least you have a good heart, those silly men who batter thir wives should also see such too...it aint easy at all...witnessing it alone gives me the chill
Re: Childbirth by greatgod2012(f): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2012
acidosis™:

u dont need to help her carry d pregnancy, all u have to do is to show her enough care, pregnant women dont need sympathy, what dy need is EMPATHY, o.k?

2 Likes

Re: Childbirth by UmericanGirl(f): 4:54am On Sep 28, 2012
Childbirth was easy for me.. For medical reasons I had to get an epidural. angry
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 28, 2012
i used to think childbirth was painful untill I had an Ovarian Cyst, Appendix and fibriod taken out all at once. My God the pains! Now labour seems like child's play.
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 28, 2012
Ujujoan: i used to think childbirth was painful untill I had an Ovarian Cyst, Appendix and fibriod taken out all at once. My God the pains! Now labour seems like child's play.
Wow, Uju That is a lot, so sorry about what you went through, I can only imagine. So sorry dear
Re: Childbirth by greatgod2012(f): 11:10am On Sep 28, 2012
Ujujoan: i used to think childbirth was painful untill I had an Ovarian Cyst, Appendix and fibriod taken out all at once. My God the pains! Now labour seems like child's play.

heheheheheehe, dt is too much!!!!!!!
So sorry abt dt 4 u, sorry pls, infact i dont know what to say, sorry, sorry.ehn,sorry.
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
Wow Uju dats alot
Re: Childbirth by soreal4u(f): 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
I cant wait to express it to. I dont mind the pains.
Re: Childbirth by uyogabie(f): 11:47pm On Sep 28, 2012
Labour pains,hmm.my first pregnancy,i was in labour for nearly 24hrs.Trust those horrible nurses,i was told to go home and return when my water breaks.I thought the pain will kill me.I had to change hospital cos i was getting weak and the water was yet to break.I gave birth at a midwife's house not up to 5minutes i got there 'though she broke the water herself.second preggie,i was induced.Gave birth to twins.Dnt want to even think about it cos I'm pregnant again!with both preggies,I dont scream o.

1 Like

Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 29, 2012
uyogabie: Labour pains,hmm.my first pregnancy,i was in labour for nearly 24hrs.Trust those horrible nurses,i was told to go home and return when my water breaks.I thought the pain will kill me.I had to change hospital cos i was getting weak and the water was yet to break.I gave birth at a midwife's house not up to 5minutes i got there 'though she broke the water herself.second preggie,i was induced.Gave birth to twins.Dnt want to even think about it cos I'm pregnant again!with both preggies,I dont scream o.
wishing you another safe delivery!
Re: Childbirth by uyogabie(f): 11:22am On Sep 29, 2012
berem: wishing you another safe delivery!
God bless you dear,i really need that prayer o!
Re: Childbirth by OmoAlata(f): 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
Maria-G:
at least you have a good heart, those silly men who batter thir wives should also see such too...it aint easy at all...witnessing it alone gives me the chill

Aren't men in Nigeria allowed in the delivery room
Re: Childbirth by weaseloo: 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
It is a life changing experience that no one can take away from you.
Re: Childbirth by JallowBah(f): 8:50pm On Sep 29, 2012
I had an epidural too, but in my country, they only give smaaaall, small, so you still feel everything, it just takes away the worst pain. And, they turn it off when its time to push.

It was the most painful 17hours I have ever had. But worth it? Yes.
And its strange how the body seems to forget the pain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deceit In My Marriage / 5 Months Old Child Discovered In A Thrash Can In Owerri (pics) / I'm Being Sexually Harassed In The Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.