Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards (15007 Views)

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! / Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards / The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by ahmedgafar7(m): 8:48am On Sep 26, 2012
MTN To Introduce iPhone 5 Compatible Nano-SIM Cards in Nigeria [REPORT]

MTN subscribers in Nigeria looking to buy Appleā€™s latest smartphone, iPhone 5 would need to wait till October 5, as the company is set to release iPhone 5 compatible nano-SIM cards. The iPhone 5 which launched on September 12 requires a new kind of SIM card, called nano-SIM card, a smaller, thinner (0.67 mm) SIM card, instead of the micro-SIM, before they can be used. It is uncertain how much MTN Nigeria would sell its nano-SIM cards, although its micro-SIM card retailed for N1,000 when they were first introduced.

http://techloy.com/2012/09/21/mtn-nigeria-iphone-5-nano-sim/
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by ahmedgafar7(m): 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
Pix

Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2012
Just thinking out loud here - wouldn't a "cutter" simply do the trick? undecided

9 Likes

Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by mike404(m): 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2012
Soooooooooo?
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by GARRIWARLORD(m): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
@empty N!!! Make una no reduce the cost of browsing.. Make una dey dere dey produce "malu sim" abi na "nama sim".. By the time una customers run finish una eye go clear...yeye thieves in yellow jersey
when people run finish,una go begin give 1gig for 3kobo with free battery and nokia bag....

15 Likes

Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Kelvinj(m): 4:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
would be great cos the fone i use now uses that kinda sim card
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by dapo338(m): 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
I was at computer vil and complain abt same but they told me to file it to make the sim card thinner and definately you will have to cut off that triangle shape in the sim card up to the chip level.
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by kevoh(m): 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
Just waiting patiently for the mobile number portability implementation, na dat time MTN go hear am! I'm talking mass migration from MTN to other networks!
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by a1solution: 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2012
MTN should first improve their internet service / voice call before investing in other areas cos a house without solid foundation is bid fall in no distant time.
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by azimibraun: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2012
Watta gwan fi dem yellow jersey people? Me no send no nano sim all me send is friendly cost and perfect netwk. No yellow sim ina mi fone if me no see no improvement.
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by mkmyers45(m): 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2012
Mtn..if not that this my sim is world wide e for don go dustbin tay-tay
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Kelvinj(m): 5:07pm On Sep 28, 2012
mkmyers45: Mtn..if not that this my sim is world wide e for don go dustbin tay-tay
na the juju wey dey inside be that...u no fit troway ur mtn sim sake of say na world wide lol

1 Like

Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Bunchersstab(m): 5:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
wetin concern mosquitoes and muscle pull? I don break their Sim card
Since

1 Like

Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
Na their business. Rubbish network.stingy people.
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by aieromon(m): 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
Not to worry MTN,the Chinese will mass produce the cutter and sell at an affordable price.

Kini big deal,long ago Hayprof taught me how to cut sim cards with a pair of scissors.

MTN,please focus on more profitable ventures.
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
With all the noise making,MTN still got the worst network so far! Abi dis one network go different?

Am still shocked at the "Recharge 200naira and win an aeroplane"! Please someone should tell me its a lie!!
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by kayLion(m): 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
GARRI~ WARLORD:
@empty N!!! Make una no reduce the cost of browsing.. Make una dey dere dey produce "malu sim" abi na "nama sim".. By the time una customers run finish una eye go clear...yeye thieves in yellow jersey
when people run finish,una go begin give 1gig for 3kobo with free battery and nokia bag....
ParaMode Activated??
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by ChideraFavour(m): 5:26pm On Sep 28, 2012
Wht does dt has 2 do wt all ds problems at hand in ds country? expecially d flood which has left many Nigerins half lif half dead life worser dan death.a begi
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by DANILSA(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
berem: With all the noise making,MTN still got the worst network so far! Abi dis one network go different?

Am still shocked at the "Recharge 200naira and win an aeroplane"! Please someone should tell me its a lie!!
NA TRUE NAA grin cheesy grin NEXT WILL BE A PLANET cool
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by GARRIWARLORD(m): 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2012
kayLion:
ParaMode Activated??
Bros,me no sabi speak hindu oh... Abeg translate am to pidgin...
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by newnaira: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2012
welcome development, rather than "cutting" your simm
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Castos(m): 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
Life is miserable with MTN
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2012
kayLion:
ParaMode Activated??
rivers niggu grin
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by fankasibe: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
Bro.Seun, abeg na wetin be ur problem?.....we no get money take buy one cup of (which must not be named) and u ar bringing us dis thief products.
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Les: 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2012
This's my first time of hearing there's a sim card wit a diff size. But My macro sim still de work na!
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by IYANGBALI: 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2012
Glooooooooooooooooooooo all the way tiwa ntiwa,na our own be that Gloooooooooooooooooooooooo rule your world

1 Like

Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2012
So people are still using MTN? Can't remember when last someone called me with MTN number.
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by CHRISDGRT: 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
that the simcard Nokia 808 pure view uses I have to cut mine to fit in
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by sizzlers(m): 7:30pm On Sep 28, 2012
HQ: Just thinking out loud here - wouldn't a "cutter" simply do the trick? undecided
ya ur right, a cutter can do it and im looking faward to get one
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Belmot(m): 7:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
China go soon produce the cutter.....anyway my mtn sim dey inside cupboard 4 ovr a yr nw.
Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by alaoeri: 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2012
berem: With all the noise making,MTN still got the worst network so far! Abi dis one network go different?

Check out next MTN promo grin .

Re: MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards by Walexz02(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
Mtn ko.....mthen ni...... Abegr!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Change Your Lost 2go Number To Your Current One / Tecno L5 Custom ROM.. / Stop Airtel Night Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.