Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Who Is A Lagosian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Lagosian? (22355 Views)

WHO IS A Lagosian?let The Truth Be Told. / APC Governorship Ticket In Lagos Akinwunmi Ambode Not A Lagosian,jamb(Photo) / Who Is A Lagosian ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2012
This question is begging for an answer as the lagos state government has embarked on a cleansing of some sort in the state which it has been able to deport some foreigners who are also Nigerians to their states of Origin. The delusion of many people who live in Lagos is that they are Lagosians. Some have branded T-Shirts that read "Lagos Boy", "LasGidi for life" and "Eko oni baje swagger". Now the question is "Who's a Lagosian?". Is it the person that was born in Lagos? The person that has lived most of his life in Lagos? The person who calls Lagos home? Any Yoruba person who happened to move to Lagos? Or is it just those classified as Indegenes of Lagos?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:11am On Sep 26, 2012
1993 Jamb Question..

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 26, 2012
I was born and bred in Lagos but that doesn't classify me as a Lagosian! I am an Imolite for life! Nothing do me! grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 11:00am On Sep 26, 2012
A lagosian is someone whose ancestors are natives of Lagos e.g the Badagry people.
A Lagosian is someone whose parents where of the Edo stock that founded Lagos.
A Lagosian is someone whose parents are part of the recaptives that settled in Lagos e.g Igbos, Anagos, Nupes, Urhobos, ETC.
A lagosian is someone whose parents came across the borders of Lagos to settle down in Lagos when the Lagos became a protectorate and a colony-eg Yorubas from Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ogun etc.
A lagosian is someone whose great grand parents migrated to Lagos when Lagos became the capital of Nigeria. This includes Hausa-Fulanis, Igbos, Itsekiris, Kanuris, Tivs, Efiks etc.
A lagosian is someone who is born and raised in Lagos, or someone residing in Lagos for more than 6 years.

12 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by EkoAtlantic: 11:06am On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha: A lagosian is someone whose ancestors are natives of Lagos e.g the Badagry people.
A Lagosian is someone whose parents where of the Edo stock that founded Lagos.
[s]A Lagosian is someone whose parents are part of the recaptives that settled in Lagos e.g Igbos, Anagos, Nupes, Urhobos, ETC.[/s]
A lagosian is someone whose parents came across the borders of Lagos to settle down in Lagos when the Lagos became a protectorate and a colony-eg Yorubas from Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ogun etc.
A lagosian is someone whose great grand parents migrated to Lagos when Lagos became the capital of Nigeria. This includes Hausa-Fulanis, Igbos, Itsekiris, [s]Kanuris, Tivs, Efiks etc.
A lagosian is someone who is born and raised in Lagos, or someone residing in Lagos for more than 6 years.[/s]

Intact.

The fact that Lagosians don't give refugee immigrants problem doesn't make Lagos your home tongue

11 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 26, 2012
Any person thats a Nigeria because , LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND cool cool cool

13 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by EkoAtlantic: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Any person thats a Nigeria because , LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND cool cool cool

LASTMA is coming to get you from your hide out refugee, go back to your erosion ridden kidnappers dungeon tongue cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by geeez: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2012
A Lagosian is a Yoruba person living in Lagos. Live with it

10 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 11:45am On Sep 26, 2012
geeez:
A Lagosian is a Yoruba person living in Lagos. Live with it
There is no reason whatsoever why Desola whose parents are from Ilorin is seen as a Lagosian and Emeka whose parents are from Asaba is not a Lagosian. They are both born and raised in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by EkoAtlantic: 11:53am On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:
There is no reason whatsoever why Desola whose parents are from Ilorin is seen as a Lagosian and Emeka whose parents are from Asaba is not a Lagosian. They are both born and raised in Lagos.

When things reaches it climax. We're gonna know who the real Lagosians are, again, we're gonna know who the REAL LAGOSIANS ARE. Okay?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 11:54am On Sep 26, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Any person thats a Nigeria because , LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND cool cool cool
Lagos is no man's Land of the southwest not for refugees- The same tin applicable to Abuja which is tin he center of the nation - it wasn't claimed by the Igbos or Yoruba as no man's land. I think u pple are just mistaking our congenial acceptance to mean that we ve traded our history our ownership of the land. We did not claim ur land @least if bubble burst u all knw where to run to - so that place is ur homeland and some of us don't ve anywhere to run to and dats cos that is our land-ur massive exodus of lagos during the June 12 scuffle is still breathing in our memory...enuf word for the refugees

4 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:
you think with ur azz? So let's assume Lagos belongs to ur sorry azz-if u actualize ur successional agenda will you annex lagos-ur no man's land? All will divide it to lagos west and Lagos east? Go back to ur village refugee- its only a bastard that claims another man's lineage and heredity

4 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by gidiMonsta(m): 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2012

A Nigeria bawo? No wonder u called it no man's land since NOBODY IS A 'NIGERIA' grin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by EkoAtlantic: 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: you think with ur azz? So let's assume Lagos belongs to ur sorry azz-if u actualize ur successional agenda will you annex lagos-ur no man's land? All will divide it to lagos west and Lagos east? Go back to ur village refugee- its only a bastard that claims another man's lineage and heredity
grin grin grin

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: you think with ur azz? So let's assume Lagos belongs to ur sorry azz-if u actualize ur successional agenda will you annex lagos-ur no man's land? All will divide it to lagos west and Lagos east? Go back to ur village refugee- its only a bastard that claims another man's lineage and heredity
Brain-dead monkey, you are all fools for claiming Lagos instead of your ancestry Ogun, osun and oyo. Get lost, idiottt.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:
Brain-dead monkey, you are all fools for claiming Lagos instead of your ancestry Ogun, osun and oyo. Get lost, idiottt.
you are detached from reality - take a break from Lagos go back to ur village and reconnect with ur root. It will help get rid of the cobwebs covering your thoughts

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by buffny: 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
a lagosian is anyone whose ancestral village is in lagos.

if ur ancestral village is in lagos then u are lagosian.

anything else is questionable.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva: This question is begging for an answer as the lagos state government has embarked on a cleansing of some sort in the state which it has been able to deport some foreigners who are also Nigerians to their states of Origin. The delusion of many people who live in Lagos is that they are Lagosians. Some have branded T-Shirts that read "Lagos Boy", "LasGidi for life" and "Eko oni baje swagger". Now the question is "Who's a Lagosian?". Is it the person that was born in Lagos? The person that has lived most of his life in Lagos? The person who calls Lagos home? Any Yoruba person who happened to move to Lagos? Or is it just those classified as Indegenes of Lagos?
i am a real Lagosian. both my parents are from Ikorodu.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by free2ryhme: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
ask google
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by dangerzone: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
Will you also say maidiguri is no man´s land mumu?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Afam

Why not who is an Abian, Anambrian, Imoan,Enuguan, Ebonyian?

Why the fixation on Lagos? How many of these threads do you want to keep opening?

In case, some of you can't read the signs on the wall, Nigeria is heading for disintegration or restructuring, either violently or otherwise.

When it all starts, make sure you tell them you were born in Lagos.

For those that have difficulty with comprehension, this is merely a prediction.[size=7pt][/size]
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Lagos is a Yoruba land {EKO} so don't except any body from other tribe claiming he/she is a Lagosian they only come for shelter
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by emilyone(f): 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
why is everybody rushing to claim Lagos? cheesy
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
A Lagosian is anybody who has the fear of Lastma, BRT and area boys on them

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
Why is this on the frontpage, please??

I'm for black unity/pseudo-Pan-Africanism, but we've to have mutual respect for one another for that to be feasible... You guys can't just keep disrespecting other people's ancestry because of their accommodative nature - and expect them not to get pissed off.... Why do you guys keep disrespecting Lagos/Lagosians

Lagos has indigenes(people whose ancestry is Lagos), just like every other state in Nigeria, and those people are the REAL LAGOSIANS!!! The rest are Nigerians in Lagos...

Using the UK as a case study: being British is different from being English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish.... British is interchangeable with Nigerian, and English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish is interchangeable with Lagosian...

6 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto: Afam

Why the fixation on Lagos? How many of these threads do you want to keep opening?

In case, some of you can't read the signs on the wall, Nigeria is heading for disintegration or restructuring, either violently or otherwise.

For those that have difficulty with comprehension, this is merely a prediction.[size=7pt][/size]
Dude, i live in Lagos and i'm asking this question because it concerns me and a lot of people around me.

Whether Nigeria is heading for disintegration should not come up because last time i checked Nigeria is still intact. So your answers, if any should be in the context of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by dangerzone: 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto: Afam

Because many B,A,S,T,A,R,D,S when the country is goes into disintegration as u call it.i wonder why the focus on lagos alone..why not ekiti or anambra better still nassarawa??
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
If you're not Awori, Ijebu, Egba, and Egun - you're not a Lagosian.. grin

History for dummies!!

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by dangerzone: 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Dude, i live in Lagos and i'm asking this question because it concerns me and a lot of people around me.

Whether Nigeria is heading for disintegration should not come up because last time i checked Nigeria is still intact. So your answers, if any should be in the context of Nigeria.

By the way, are you a lagosian??
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by dridowu: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
A REAL LAGOSIAN IS A PERSON THAT WORKS AND LIVE IN LAGOS AND ALSO PAYS IS TAX REGULARLY AS AT WHEN DUE TO THE LAGOS GOVT ACCOUNT

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Dee60: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
Fashola will soon do a new law that gives passport to original Lagosians! People whose towns and villages of origin are within the area carved in Lagos State.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
dridowu: A REAL LAGOSIAN IS A PERSON THAT WORKS AND LIVE IN LAGOS AND ALSO PAYS IS TAX REGULARLY AS AT WHEN DUE TO THE LAGOS GOVT ACCOUNT

So, Nigerians living, working, and paying taxes in England are also English, no??

Eureka!!!! Bwhahahaha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Congratulats Aregbesola For Defeatin Omisore “Convincingly" / Buhari Names Gbemisola Saraki As Otuoke University Council Chairman / Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.